GameStop Wii Game Discounts, Updated 9-3-15

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Been some time since the last update, finally past the Skylanders / Infinity discount floods so far for most of this year, had some decent discounts recently on actual games.  I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

Note these are all pre-owned prices, unless otherwise noted.

$0.99

$1.99

$2.99

$3.99

$4.99

$6.99

$8.99

$9.99 (Good to watch out for future B2G1 sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've more or less given up on finding local Wii games. The handful of titles I actually want are either still too pricey or are missing their original covers, box, and manuals. Bleh.

I don't own a color printer anymore and I have a feeling I'll get shifty looks from the staff of Kinkos if I'm printing technically copyrighted material.

Yes. The sequel fixes a lot of the problems the original had and is possibly even better.
cool, I'll burn one of my Tyrant coupons on it to get it for "free" if I can find a complete copy. There seems to be quite a few so between all of them, I should be able to cobble together a complete copy.

EDIT: hmmm, won't take the coupon since it seems you have to have a min. $5 purchase. I probably missed that post.

Zack & Wiki and now Klonoa are the 2 games that don't seem to be anywhere near me. Thinking about Captain America using a Tyrant coupon. Has anyone played it for Wii? I know the 360/PS3 versions are supposed to be pretty good, but know nothing of the Wii version

KlonoaSTDAdResize_zps1aee373c.jpg

Ah crap, what's the best way to check for recently dropped games on Gamestop's website?
I have this in the OP, top section (though not blatantly obvious), clicking the link will shortcut to the price drop Wii games:

Updating this older thread, after the recent B2G1 and 30%/40% off sales, Gamestop finally resumed bulk Wii game discounting. I've selected the highlights from this last drop today, though you can see the full list here.

I'm always very thankful when this thread is updated. Thanks guys.

Another drop that looks interesting to me is the Conduit 2 for $9.99. Not bad with the Kongregate coupon. I remember enjoying the Conduit 1. Is part 2 worth $4.99 after coupon?

already have no more heroes but haven't played it. Worth it to pick up the sequel?
The first game has a lot more charm, a more entertaining story, and an overall special feel. It has a terrible overworld, seemingly a parody of games that have free roam thrown in for arbitrary reason. The second game is more conventional and is more of a direct criticism of action games in general.

Truly a special series. I played the first game more than a few times through the story. I only completed NMH2 once.

OP..big thanks to keeping this updated. I went in and grabbed a complete copy of Battalion Wars for 2.69 and guess what is sitting on the bottom shelf...complete copy of Xenoblade!! I had a $20 coupon for PUR points and grabbed it.

I'm looking forward to another B2G1 for some of these titles. So many I missed on the Wii.

Happy to keep it updated, wishing I would of paid more attention to the Cube when it was being diminished from the local stores (before the 75% off madness), making sure that doesn't happen again.

Plus as others have said, too many good unique gems in its library that are certainly worth a fiver at the least, and I like highlighting those with the drops.

Happy to keep it updated, wishing I would of paid more attention to the Cube when it was being diminished from the local stores (before the 75% off madness), making sure that doesn't happen again.

Plus as others have said, too many good unique gems in its library that are certainly worth a fiver at the least, and I like highlighting those with the drops.
Agreed. I picked up a lot of these with b2g1 deals before the final drop but making sure I get them complete is worth it! Tons of GC games I wish I would have gotten sooner also.

xtreme_Zr2, on 04 Sept 2014 - 6:56 PM, said:
OP..big thanks to keeping this updated. I went in and grabbed a complete copy of Battalion Wars for 2.69 and guess what is sitting on the bottom shelf...complete copy of Xenoblade!! I had a $20 coupon for PUR points and grabbed it.

I'm looking forward to another B2G1 for some of these titles. So many I missed on the Wii.
Xenoblade was reprinted by Gamestop (obviously with Nintendo's cooperation). Still it's an excellent game and any RPG fans should absolutely own it (probably my favorite RPG on Wii/PS3/Xbox360).

I have noticed a lot of GS are sold out again and it's OOS on GS online site. My guess is with Xenoblade coming to the New 3DS Nintendo will be hesitant to reprint more copies for the Wii in the hopes it will help move New 3DS hardware and software both but with Nintendo you never know.

Hmm picked up NMH2 for $9.99 during the B2G1. Oh well.
Yea, I did as well. Still a very good deal and if you got it in good condition and complete then at least you got it and didn't risk someone else grabbing it at that price. I'm sure there will be more that drop that I've already bought but I'd rather grab them and pay a little extra and get them complete and in good condition if possible.

Xenoblade was reprinted by Gamestop (obviously with Nintendo's cooperation). Still it's an excellent game and any RPG fans should absolutely own it (probably my favorite RPG on Wii/PS3/Xbox360).

I have noticed a lot of GS are sold out again and it's OOS on GS online site. My guess is with Xenoblade coming to the New 3DS Nintendo will be hesitant to reprint more copies for the Wii in the hopes it will help move New 3DS hardware and software both but with Nintendo you never know.
I have never seen a copy in the wild around here and it's still going for $70-$80 on Ebay, so I was beyond thrilled to find it. I mean, the hunt is half the fun right!? I need to finish Fire Emblem and then I'm going to sit down for this 100 hour journey. What is the best way to play it, with the classic controller or wiimore/nunchuk?

Picked up a copy of Flingsmash for 89 cents with PUR. Hilarious. It was in pristine condition so I hope the CN points aren't used. I just got the motion plus controller too so we'll see how it works. Now to find a second motion plus for the woman so we can play it together.

Scanned the drops over the past two weeks, nothing really significant, though I did spot Sonic Colors dropping at $9.99 (not sure if this is new today or not).  Figure I'd mention for any future B2G1 offers. Keeping the thread title the same for now until the next big round of drops.

$9.99 

Sonic Colors

Scanned the drops over the past two weeks, nothing really significant, though I did spot Sonic Colors dropping at $9.99 (not sure if this is new today or not). Figure I'd mention for any future B2G1 offers. Keeping the thread title the same for now until the next big round of drops.

$9.99

Sonic Colors
Just wanted to add I've been watching as well and they have been restocking some of the earlier drops including some of the harder to find Wii games off and on. Of course it's hit or miss ordering online whether it will be disc only, complete, or somewhere in between. I've had a fairly good track record including some of the harder to find ones being complete. If needed I can always return them in store.

I've crossed the 100 title benchmark (all complete). Unfortunately, there are still a ton more I want to add as I find them :(

Just wanted to add I've been watching as well and they have been restocking some of the earlier drops including some of the harder to find Wii games off and on. Of course it's hit or miss ordering online whether it will be disc only, complete, or somewhere in between. I've had a fairly good track record including some of the harder to find ones being complete. If needed I can always return them in store.

I've crossed the 100 title benchmark (all complete). Unfortunately, there are still a ton more I want to add as I find them :(
I noticed this as well. Their stock going from ~600 to ~750 a couple days ago. Ordered Klonoa and FF Crystal Chronicles along with a few other cheap games to get to free shipping. Any idea if Zack and Wiki, Phantom Brave or Sakura Wars has been in stock? Haven't seen those in months.

I'm super tempted to buy a ton of these used games during the next B2G1 (or whenever they go B1G1 50OFF) and then buy a used Wii Mini just to play them like they were intended. I enjoyed HD versions of PS2 games on my PS3 but love playing them still on PS2 Slim.

I noticed this as well. Their stock going from ~600 to ~750 a couple days ago. Ordered Klonoa and FF Crystal Chronicles along with a few other cheap games to get to free shipping. Any idea if Zack and Wiki, Phantom Brave or Sakura Wars has been in stock? Haven't seen those in months.
I believe Zack and Wiki was at one point, but can't remeber for sure. I've not seen the others though.

bread's done
Back