GCN/Revolution E3 Game Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']I got a Nintendo E3 logo[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm using the one Strell linked. And wow, this hold music is hilariously awful.

[quote name='phatbunbao']I woudnt mind being able to play mariokart64 again[/QUOTE]

Mario 64... ONLINE....

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']My only problem with this is that having the cheaper system is good at the beginning of the console's life, but after the first few rounds of price drops, the system isn't very much cheaper than its competitors. Because of this, it loses a lot of the "value" they were striving for in the beginning, and they now have the weakest system on the market.

I hope Nintendo can come through with an inexpensive system that can hang with Sony and Microsoft in the hardware side of things.[/QUOTE]

What? The GameCube has the same 50% price advantage today as when it started. The difference could be even greater against the new Sony and Microsoft hardware but that is still completely unknown.

The price advantage of the GameCube failed to be sufficent advantage because screwed up elsewhere. If they had gotten their act together on third party support the price difference would be a bigger factor but as an also-ran to so much of the market it only seemed appropriate. I think they've largely given up on trying to win back third party support in a big way and this is why having lots of oddball controllers becomes more viable. When you aren't concerned with selling it to third parties but instead justify it solely on your own products it changes your perspective on what products to produce. I haven't heard anyone ask whether third parties would produce bongo games but that question often arises with EyeToy. The novelty of the bundled software ( all three to date) wears thin and they're soon looking for something else but all of the choices are pretty much the same thing.

The big difference seems to be that none of the EyeToy games seems adequate to justify the purchase all by themselves but Donkey Konga does. That is an important accomplishment. EyeToy isn't a loser but to hear people talk its promise is unfulfilled. I don't hear people making the same complaints about their bongos. Instead they go out and buy more bongos for multiplayer. This is one of Nintendo's strengths. Mario Party is by far the most successful party game franchise and Donkey Konga continues that theme. If that is to be the mainstay of what Nintendo pushes in the next generation high horsepower won't matter much but a low cost for the machine before you start adding extra controllers will be appreciated.

It remains to be seen if that is a winning strategy but is at least a real strategy and one that avoids direct confrontation with the other consoles, which is more than can be said for their present generation.

Now that would be interesting. Onlined enabled older games. Roping in older gamers who have lost their way with Donkey Kong Classic... ONLINE.

[quote name='zewone']The music sure is shitty. :lol: I got the Nintendo E3 logo as well.[/QUOTE]

Well you can stay up late cuz baby you're a FULL GROWN MAY-YAN!!!

[quote name='Strell']At least play some Zepplin, shit...[/QUOTE]

Capitol idea.

This sounds sweet:

Online downloading of Nintendo games for the Revolution. From NES to Gamecube. Pricing is still being considered. Wouldn't the system need a hard drive though?

[quote name='Ledhed']Well you can stay up late cuz baby you're a FULL GROWN MAY-YAN!!![/QUOTE]
DO YOU BELIVE IN SOMETHING!!!

"The Nintendo Press Breifing will begin in two minutes."

Ten minutes later...I feel this is all a cruel joke and I've been linked to a live feed of EA Trax.

We need a smiley with a gun to it's head.

Reggie is getting pumped for his show... this is his ready for ass-kicking and name taking music.

Come on AIM and chat about the conference.. private room name is CAG

Was going to invite Pumbaa to get things started but he's not on AIM

[quote name='basketkase543']Which link is everyone choosing? I don't hear and rock and roll music.[/QUOTE]

I used Strell's that he linked a page or so ago.

[quote name='basketkase543']Which link is everyone choosing? I don't hear and rock and roll music.[/QUOTE]

the second link you had when you quoted is what you need to click. The first will not get you any music. I had that one first and then switched it, and now I have music

[quote name='Scorch']She's Not The Kind Of Girl That I Like[/QUOTE]

There are women you date and women you marry. There aren't necessarily the same women.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']the second link you had when you quoted is what you need to click. The first will not get you any music. I had that one first and then switched it, and now I have music[/QUOTE]

I have music on the boss.streamos one...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I had that one first and then switched it, and now I have music[/QUOTE]

Which isn't necessarily a good thing. I kind of envy the black-screeners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back