Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The flaming guns aren't going to unlock in retail, correct?

I was under the impression that the only two things that carried over to retail were Thrashball Cole and the Golden Retro Lancer, but I keep on hearing people mention the flaming guns.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Flaming Guns unlock for Retail.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The flaming guns aren't going to unlock in retail, correct?

I was under the impression that the only two things that carried over to retail were Thrashball Cole and the Golden Retro Lancer, but I keep on hearing people mention the flaming guns.[/QUOTE]
Yes they will be. if you played a game a week and unlocked them they will carry over.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Nope, Flaming Guns unlock for Retail.[/QUOTE]

Since when did they say that? I was under the impression flaming guns were beta exclusives.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Since when did they say that? I was under the impression flaming guns were beta exclusives.[/QUOTE]

The 360 dashboard ad for the GoW3 beta started saying it.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The 360 dashboard ad for the GoW3 beta started saying it.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind i read it wrong, thought you meant flaming weapons can be unlocked in retail without being in the beta. lol

[quote name='mr ryles']Can I delete the beta now and still save all my unlocks? They should be linked to me gamertag correct[/QUOTE]
Delete the beta don't delete your save file or you'll lose everything. I wonder how many people will delete everything and be pissed come Sept 20th?

that is astonishing, that only like 8 people are playing gears 1 yet 80,000 were playing gears 3 beta.

played one match and i wont be going back to Gears1 fortunately

Yeah i tried to play some gears 1, but only could get games in annex and execution. NO ONE plays assassination. I wanted to try that since i loved guardian in gears 2. Sadly i never played gears 1 MP when it was new. One thing about Gears 1 MP was the bulletlag was AS BAD as Gears 2. Bullets hit the wall 1 second after i shot them.

Then i tried to play some gears 2 and it seemed like shotguns were toned down. But both games were far worse when it came to how fluid gears 3 is when it comes to running, evading, and moving around.

[quote name='timesplitt']that is astonishing, that only like 8 people are playing gears 1 yet 80,000 were playing gears 3 beta.

played one match and i wont be going back to Gears1 fortunately[/QUOTE]
It depends on what time you play early in the morning you won't find anything but from now until the end of the night non stop games and yeah 7th no one plays assassination anymore.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']At 1:51, the guy on the right had...green guns? Is that the Infested Omen that he somehow got during the beta or wha?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft members that worked on Gears 3 got this exclusive skin.

[quote name='GUNNM']It depends on what time you play early in the morning you won't find anything but from now until the end of the night non stop games and yeah 7th no one plays assassination anymore.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps this could be useful. Why not just start games of Assassination, and try and get people from this site to play? I'm sure you'd get people to join in order to get "Seriously."

The limitation of Ranked Matches was that you couldn't join a friends game from the Live options, but you can if you find the match on the game search lobby. If Assassination games are sparse, just host a game, post what the map is and how many rounds there will be, and then have people search for those details.

Also, part of bullet lag is related to the host in Gears of War. I know that's well established, since dedicated servers weren't offered for that game or it's sequel, but if someone on this site had a great connection, this could be a great way to kill time until Gears of War 3. Just have them host, and hope their better connection helps balance the gameplay as much as possible.

Just an option.

Yeah when the game first came out people bitched about not being able to find friends but online games are so sparse that all you really need to do is tell your friends what map/mode you're gonna make and they'll find it.

I checked the last couple pages and didn't see this posted. Some stats released on the Gears 3 beta.

• 1.29 million people participated in the beta
  • 145 different countries participated in the beta
  • 249 years worth of matches played
  • More than 11 million matches completed
  • More than 927 million kills recorded
  • More than 131 million executions performed
  • More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
  • Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
  • 4.9 billion ribbons and 291 million medals earned
  • 435,000 people earned the beta-exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game when it launches in September
  • 234,000 people earned the beta-exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game when it launches in September
So, there will be 233,999 other people out there with the gold retro lancer. :)

[quote name='Hoffer']I checked the last couple pages and didn't see this posted. Some stats released on the Gears 3 beta.

[/LIST]So, there will be 233,999 other people out there with the gold retro lancer. :)[/QUOTE]

make it 233,998, as I have no intention on using mine, can't stand that gun.

Gamestop gets "Commando Dom."

Walmart gets "Savage Grenadier Elite," but no pic available.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']make it 233,998, as I have no intention on using mine, can't stand that gun.[/QUOTE]Ditto.

It's shocking to me that only 435,000 unlocked Thrashball Cole for retail out of 1.29 million players.

I got in the beta too late to unlock him. I got in the last week and just didn't like it enough to power through 60 matches in that time.

Love Gears for campaign and horde, but I just can't get into the multiplayer. I love the game for it's cover based shooting. But that goes out the door in multiplayer with so many people just rolling around and shotgunning.

I really wish they'd add a mode where people just start with the Lancer/Hammerbust and Pistol and have the shotguns as a weapon pick up on the map.

[quote name='GUNNM']It sucked how the bayonet kills didn't count as retro lancer kills didn't bother to try to unlock it after that[/QUOTE]

I thought bayonet kills did count. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to get all the kills I needed to get the gold.

Nah it counted them under weapon kills but not towards retro gold unlock. I played the last two weeks maybe they changed it in the end

[quote name='The 7th Number']Too bad they didnt show how many kills via sawed off compared to other guns.[/QUOTE]

I think EPIC wanted to keep that a secret, too ashamed of the number being so damn high :nottalking:

A few questions:

1. How long is the beta going on for?
2. How can I get in the beta?
3. What can you unlock in the beta for the retail version of the game?

[quote name='shadylane']A few questions:

1. How long is the beta going on for?
2. How can I get in the beta?
3. What can you unlock in the beta for the retail version of the game?[/QUOTE]

1. The beta ended on Monday.

2. Moot now.

3. Main things were Cole in his thrashball uniform and a gold retro lancer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it just clips now if you go into the beta? I wish we could save replays. I have one where my buddy was in a Chainsaw battle and I sniped the guys head clean off.

[quote name='Trakan']Gamestop gets "Commando Dom."

Walmart gets "Savage Grenadier Elite," but no pic available.[/QUOTE]

Commando Dom looks sick. I might buy two copies, sell one of the DLC codes for hella money to help pay for my other copy.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Isn't it just clips now if you go into the beta? I wish we could save replays. I have one where my buddy was in a Chainsaw battle and I sniped the guys head clean off.[/QUOTE]

If you try to go into the beta now, you get disconnected from XBL as soon as you get to the "Press Start" screen and aren't able to log back in until you exit back to the dashboard.

SPOILER REVEALING IF CLAY CARMINE LIVES OR DIES IN GEARS 3.....

i really cant believe they let the cat out of the bag before the game came out.

producer Rod Fergusson reveals that Clayton Carmine will survive to the end credits - the first Carmine family member to do so. "I still want him to die," grumbles Bleszinski when we're told the news, as the rest of the team at Epic laugh knowingly.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301086/e3-games-gears-of-war-3/

Wonder if after the credits they will show him get killed. Hmmmm.

I was going to respond to that Popular Penguin's post but it seems the mods got to it first. Idiot.

Anyhow, I'm not gonna read that spoiler but why would they even reveal that?

Read the spoiler and all I have to say is
it's about fucking time. Hopefully this Carmine is every bit as bad ass as the devs hinted early on.

[quote name='dmaul1114']1. The beta ended on Monday.

2. Moot now.

3. Main things were Cole in his thrashball uniform and a gold retro lancer.[/QUOTE]
And 4 flaming weapons

I kinda want that COG tag in the $80 version... Then again, maybe I just get the simple version and then get the limited edition at Target on clearance...

I called my gamestop 1:50pm EST to see how much down to do the epic-retro lancer and to switch my order. why do they never know what is going on? I was told they don't have it.

[quote name='knightsmith']I called my gamestop 1:50pm EST to see how much down to do the epic-retro lancer and to switch my order. why do they never know what is going on? I was told they don't have it.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time with the retarded employees, dood. Ask for the manager of the store. He/She should be aware of such promotions and products.

bread's done
Back