Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

[quote name='GuitarMan']
Damn...holding the 1st hole to 8 with 'helpful' bots?! Whenever I play, they always seem to get in my way and weren't reliable to be left alone defending an area. Maybe that's what they need...someone spotting targets for them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as the scout i just sat in that perch in front of the e-hole, and kept throwing beacons on top of the bridge, because it goes all the way down under the bridge too. Maybe the beacon helped them, but if guys got past me they usually took care of them pretty well. Also the beacon weakens the enemies, so maybe that helped too.

I tried to beat island by myself on casual and lost on like the 8th wave. It would have been mad easy if i had just one more person. I was trying to set up a sentry gun on the right, and man the turret on the left when i fell back to the third hole. But i just couldnt manage both sides and they eventually got it.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I also need a bunch of campaign chapters in co-op. if anyone needs them too then we could always run through them on casual to get them over with.[/QUOTE]
I'd play if you want to go through them. If there's people who want to do it in 4 player, that'd be even better. Just so long as no one is playing it on Insane, as I don't feel like carrying some lazy people.

[quote name='GuitarMan']Funny that I play a lot of Survival but Overrun not so much. Maybe for the same reasons others get frustrated with overrun. I'd say I would know what to do as the COG but I'd have to follow the leader as locust...especially with the ticker holes and wretch jumping areas. I'd be up for it.
I'll try and be on by 8p.

Damn...holding the 1st hole to 8 with 'helpful' bots?! Whenever I play, they always seem to get in my way and weren't reliable to be left alone defending an area. Maybe that's what they need...someone spotting targets for them.[/QUOTE]
You'll have better experiences on maps (on Casual) if you have the right AI balance. You either want two Baird or two Cole bots, as the Coles will get you ammo regularly, or the Bairds will keep barriers up and Sentries going. 2 Paduks or Hendricks aren't as good. Unfortunately, you can't pick what they are.

If you're on and we don't get 5 for Insane Survival, I'd play Overrun if you're interested. Or we can just join Standard Survival. Or whatever.

And tonight I had a Cole bot throw an resupply box on my head. It literally stayed on my head for the duration. I had a blue halo of an ammo box over me for a few seconds. Too bad it was a bot game, as I could have ran ammo to teammates if that happened in a real game.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'd play if you want to go through them. If there's people who want to do it in 4 player, that'd be even better. Just so long as no one is playing it on Insane, as I don't feel like carrying some lazy people.[/QUOTE]
I'd love to get in on some campaign co-op. Difficulty doesn't matter.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'd play if you want to go through them. If there's people who want to do it in 4 player, that'd be even better. Just so long as no one is playing it on Insane, as I don't feel like carrying some lazy people.

You'll have better experiences on maps (on Casual) if you have the right AI balance. You either want two Baird or two Cole bots, as the Coles will get you ammo regularly, or the Bairds will keep barriers up and Sentries going. 2 Paduks or Hendricks aren't as good. Unfortunately, you can't pick what they are.

If you're on and we don't get 5 for Insane Survival, I'd play Overrun if you're interested. Or we can just join Standard Survival. Or whatever.
[/QUOTE]

I'd say if we can get 5, it's a go for Insane Survival and see how it goes...If after a few tries, we can't get past round 6 we move on to other things standard survival(skyline)/overrun/co-op campaign..whatever.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']And tonight I had a Cole bot throw an resupply box on my head. It literally stayed on my head for the duration. I had a blue halo of an ammo box over me for a few seconds. Too bad it was a bot game, as I could have ran ammo to teammates if that happened in a real game.[/QUOTE]
:DLOL! I'd have loved to see that. You running around with an ammo box planted on your head resupplying everyone. That would have been a great youtube vid.

Yup, its getting to the point where im lucky to see 1,000+ in Overrun or TDM in the VIP lists. Whats worse is they have 3 different versions of each mode to split up players. Regular, DLC, and VIP. Its so dumb.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whats worse is they have 3 different versions of each mode to split up players. Regular, DLC, and VIP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, having VIP being an actual separate playlist, rather than just having the VIPs play on the normal playlists but with a permanent 2x XP modifer enabled, seems like a dumb decision.

They could have had season pass owners have unlimited double xp tickets, while playing in normal or DLC playlists. But making a new playlist and making that 2x XP seems like the lazy way around it.

I was watching a twich video earlier with pete nub and others talking about the game. They said they are going to make a new alpha type playlist to test things out in. But they need 2,000+ people to actually play in it to see the info they need before they can actually make changes.

They may make the playlist 2x XP to get people to play in it.

One of the changes they discussed was making the melee and 3 hit kill. Also they were throwing around the idea of removing stims.

Personally i think my biggest issue with the game is people starting with frags or inks. I mean melees are annoying, but starting with frags is my #1 thing i hate about the game. I didnt watch the whole video, so they might talk about more things. This is all i heard before i had to leave.

But at least it seems like they are listening and trying to make the game better. They also said very soon will be info on DLC and whats coming up.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I was watching a twich video earlier with pete nub and others talking about the game. They said they are going to make a new alpha type playlist to test things out in. But they need 2,000+ people to actually play in it to see the info they need before they can actually make changes.

They may make the playlist 2x XP to get people to play in it.

One of the changes they discussed was making the melee and 3 hit kill. Also they were throwing around the idea of removing stims.

Personally i think my biggest issue with the game is people starting with frags or inks. I mean melees are annoying, but starting with frags is my #1 thing i hate about the game. I didnt watch the whole video, so they might talk about more things. This is all i heard before i had to leave.

But at least it seems like they are listening and trying to make the game better. They also said very soon will be info on DLC and whats coming up.[/QUOTE]

just play execution, you only start with smoke or spot grenades there but yeah if they take stims out I would play more TDM again. And DLC can't come soon enough need more maps for versus same 4 maps are getting stale

Pretty sad it takes horribly disappointing sales and a severely dwindling player base to get them to realize just how badly they messed up, but I'm at least hopeful they can turn this into somewhat of a Gears game over time. Fixing the melee by making it a 3 hit kill would be a nice first step. Adding maps is another massive step, so I'm eager to read the announcement tomorrow.

Hopefully they try out a shotgun AND rifle load out in the future with the Alpha playlist. Aside from removing the Locust from the regular online modes and only having 4 maps, being restricted to either a shotgun or a rifle is one of the more annoying aspects of Judgment. I'm also all for them removing frags from load outs. They should be a pick up, IMO.

well guess Epic is listening. 1st DLC coming April 23 for VIP holders and April 30 for everyone else and will cost 1000 MSP

Includes 3 new versus maps and a new game mode "Master at Arms" which is like gun game on Black Ops 2 where goal is to get a kill with each of 20 weapons, also comes with new armors and weapon skins

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/19/g...tense-new-multiplayer-mode-starting-april-23/

game really needs this boost, glad all 3 maps are for versus but new game mode is pretty meh for me

Master at arms is a new FFA game type..... cool ill never play it. :( I just dont like FFA in gears. Guess ill stick with TDM.

But great we are getting blood drive, and 2 other MP maps. Terminal kind of looks like war machine.

3 maps for 1000 ms points, that doesnt seem like a good way to get fans back.

Happy to see blood drive, not happy to see another free-for-all variant -- especially one ripped off from COD. I like team-based game. I almost always get the ribbon for most assists in a match, even though my K/D ratio sucks. I wish they'd bring back KOTH/Annex, with a single ring.

No new maps for Overrun?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Master at arms is a new FFA game type..... cool ill never play it. :( I just dont like FFA in gears. Guess ill stick with TDM.
[/QUOTE]

It's basically Gun Game in Call of Duty, where you have to get a kill with each weapon. Kind of funny considering Peter Knepley is the head of Gears multiplayer and he is constantly playing Call of Duty. No down but not out, more powerful rifles, custom armor skins, easy throw grenades, only one primary weapon + pistol, and now Master at Arms where you have to get a kill with each weapon. Doesn't take a genius to figure out where he's getting most of his inspiration from.

I'm hoping he gets an offer from one of the Call of Duty teams so he can take his garbage to another franchise and allow Gears to be Gears.

Good news maps. Keep balancing the game and bring back horde mode and I'll be happy.
Was playing Gears 2 with a friend. Staggering how many maps that game had. Think it was 25?

Im kind of wondering why there is a mauler and locust drones in the terminal map photo, maybe its for overrun?

EDIT: So Jim Brown just confirmed Terminal is for Overrun, and Blood Drive and Old Bones is for regular MP.

I hope the locust armor skin comes with this game, i wanted that one since it was leaked before the game was out.

I really want Guardian back in the second DLC pack, but if its actually a NEW gametype i hope its capture the flag. I dont like bomb based games, and i liked CTF in Halo, and it was alright in COD. At least it would be a team based game!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='I OU a Beatn']It's basically Gun Game in Call of Duty, where you have to get a kill with each weapon. Kind of funny considering Peter Knepley is the head of Gears multiplayer and he is constantly playing Call of Duty. No down but not out, more powerful rifles, custom armor skins, easy throw grenades, only one primary weapon + pistol, and now Master at Arms where you have to get a kill with each weapon. Doesn't take a genius to figure out where he's getting most of his inspiration from.

I'm hoping he gets an offer from one of the Call of Duty teams so he can take his garbage to another franchise and allow Gears to be Gears.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget about Quinn DelHoyo 'finally' going over to 343i just a month before Judgment releases, with him being someone who truly changed the setup to the game. He was the one who swapped out the controls and worked on the mutliplayer aspect. No wonder it plays so much like Halo and Call of Duty.

About to die? Throw a sticky grenade to get a kill from the grave!

Worse yet, had you posted this comment on the Gears Forum you'd be banned in less than an hour, even if it's a highly valid criticism.

What they don't get is that people play Call of Duty. If they want to play Call of Duty, they'll play that. Gears of War 3 had very positive sales, and it played like Gears of War. I don't get the whole decision to change it, and worse yet is their defensive posturing about not needing to fix the game, and then deciding to attempt to fix it after the community has started to die.

These companies don't get 'it.' If you're game sucks at launch, you don't get people back by 'eventually' correcting it. It might have worked with Gears of War 2, but the trend among games now is to have multiplayer with every game anymore, so if a game has lackluster multiplayer, you have other games to play. There's no point in going back to a multiplayer you don't like if you can play types.

In the first month they've blown it. Hardly any maps, odd balancing issues, no modes we really recognize, and requests for familiar modes being rejected. It just seems...off.

What I'm more concerned about is that VIP has 2 map packs announced, and we've just learned about 1 of the DLCs. I feel underwhelmed, and it's only just been a month. Gears of War 3 had over 6 months with the DLC releases they had, and it felt like it came too quickly, and support was dropped shortly after the final DLC. I'm more concerned about how soon the next DLC comes, and if they'll still be working with this game after it. This game needs DLC due to the lack of content, yet I worry that all we're getting is the other Maxim map pack and the second DLC of VIP. It just seems like it's going to be a brisk amount of support, and then the game is forgotten. I really hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Was playing Gears 2 with a friend. Staggering how many maps that game had. Think it was 25?[/QUOTE]
I think it was 29. 10 on disc, and 19 DLC maps...I think.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, having VIP being an actual separate playlist, rather than just having the VIPs play on the normal playlists but with a permanent 2x XP modifer enabled, seems like a dumb decision.[/QUOTE]
This was brought up during their Twitch stream last week, and Pete Nub dismissed it quickly. They explained that it would take too much work to do that, and that VIP players can still buy Double XP, so it would clash, or something along those lines. They also said it'll cause a problem with early access to DLC in VIP if they're the same.

They should just share the same servers or games, but going through standard gives you 1x XP and VIP should gives you an augmented 2x XP.

---
Still hopeful for a team for Insane Survival tonight.

Blood Drive looks different...

Gears_Of_War__Judgment_13663840331721.jpg

EDIT: Or maybe this is Blood Drive or a different angle?

Gears_Of_War__Judgment_13663837402269.jpg

Here's screenshots for the rest of the maps:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gears-War-Judgment-Call-Arms-Map-Pack-Arriving-Next-Week-54805.html

That first pic is of the Overrun map, Terminal.

I read that they changed blood drive a little. It now has a path from pistol room to nade room. Also there are more than one entrance into the spawn rooms. (maybe a stairway from sniper to spawn,... just my guess)

Thanks Ebbtide for showing me a lot of tricks on Overrun. Too bad we got put in service at the end of the 1st game and not at the beginning or we would have been 4-0 instead of 3-1. That was actually pretty fun.

And, we almost had Skyline beat. I would have thought, 95% of the generator on the last level was enough...nope. And damn, if you weren't kidding about your accuracy with the stim-grenades....dead on from across the map.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'd love to get in on some campaign co-op. Difficulty doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]
That's 3 out of 4 for Co-op. Anyone else? Maybe we could try to do 1 section a night?

[quote name='GuitarMan']Thanks Ebbtide for showing me a lot of tricks on Overrun. Too bad we got put in service at the end of the 1st game and not at the beginning or we would have been 4-0 instead of 3-1. That was actually pretty fun.

And, we almost had Skyline beat. I would have thought, 95% of the generator on the last level was enough...nope. And damn, if you weren't kidding about your accuracy with the stim-grenades....dead on from across the map.[/QUOTE]
That was a lot of fun. And that first loss was worth getting since we destroyed them the next game and they all quit out. If any other CAGs want to join up, we definitely could have some fun nights as a team of five, wrecking through games.

And GuitarMan's looking to get Skyline (Hardcore) done. If people want to team up to get through Survival, that'd be great. I'll play any map.

I dont know why people keep asking for horde to come to judgment. Can you imagine horde on a map like gondola, it would be terrible. If you put Horde on the overrun maps, its essentially survival without classes, and maybe added fortifications and bosses. But it really isnt that much different. Plus if you really love horde, you can already go play it in gears 3. I dont see how adding it to judgment would make it any better than gears 3 horde.

I kind of feel bad for epic, they get so many complaints, and yet they still try to change the game to what people want. They dont get as much love as they deserve. Sure judgment has a lack of content, some of the decisions i dont agree with, and the DLC seems a bit pricey for the content you get, but pretty much everyone knew this was a cash grab before the next xbox came out.

I have my doubts now that the second game mode will be guardian. Since new game mode actually meant new to the series when they announce man of arms, or whatever its called. I hope the next new mode is team based. Not really a big fan of plant the bomb type games. Im really hoping its either a capture the flag type game, or maybe infection where the infected are reapers.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']That's 3 out of 4 for Co-op. Anyone else? Maybe we could try to do 1 section a night?

That was a lot of fun. And that first loss was worth getting since we destroyed them the next game and they all quit out. If any other CAGs want to join up, we definitely could have some fun nights as a team of five, wrecking through games.

And GuitarMan's looking to get Skyline (Hardcore) done. If people want to team up to get through Survival, that'd be great. I'll play any map.[/QUOTE]Feel free to message me when you see me online if you guys are getting groups together for stuff like this as I have none of it for judgment. Alot of times I go to forza 4 and check out the auction house first then fall asleep on the couch waiting for a close auction to end. If I'm playing Gears and working with a team that won't happen. Same goes for 3 and a lot of stuff for 1 and 2 even. I just won't respond if I'm in Hulu/Netflix as messages are turned off while watching video.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont know why people keep asking for horde to come to judgment. Can you imagine horde on a map like gondola, it would be terrible. If you put Horde on the overrun maps, its essentially survival without classes, and maybe added fortifications and bosses. But it really isnt that much different. Plus if you really love horde, you can already go play it in gears 3. I dont see how adding it to judgment would make it any better than gears 3 horde.

I kind of feel bad for epic, they get so many complaints, and yet they still try to change the game to what people want. They dont get as much love as they deserve. Sure judgment has a lack of content, some of the decisions i dont agree with, and the DLC seems a bit pricey for the content you get, but pretty much everyone knew this was a cash grab before the next xbox came out.

I have my doubts now that the second game mode will be guardian. Since new game mode actually meant new to the series when they announce man of arms, or whatever its called. I hope the next new mode is team based. Not really a big fan of plant the bomb type games. Im really hoping its either a capture the flag type game, or maybe infection where the infected are reapers.[/QUOTE]
That's really not a fair assessment of the criticisms people are giving. The new mode will grow stale, and that's not resolving what people are asking for in high demand.

The dramatic numbers drop coupled with the low sales confirm that this game is not what people who have enjoyed the franchise like, or really want. It's not just weapon balance, or the lack of maps, it's that the modes aren't even like Gears of War. Team Deathmatch with unlimited respawns? If you have lousy players they'll repeatedly die, costing you points. While it was awful to lose respawns in the previous entry, at least bad players would eventually stop coming back to life. But even that mode was criticized with it came out with 3.

People want to play Horde Mode because it was a battle against AI, where you defended a spot and battled against increasingly difficult odds. I'm glad to see there are many like myself who thought Horde 2.0 actually hurt the Horde experience, but Horde from both 2 and 3 were highly played game types. Survival, while fun and intense, is limited by the class setup, objectives to defend, irreplaceable barriers when lost, restricted weapon setups (and even character choices, as some people really are bothered by this), and truly awful teammate AI. Many people vocally want to play against waves of enemies with their friends or random players, and enjoy the challenge of getting through the waves while only having one life per round.

Epic didn't invent the concept of Horde, but it was an extremely popular mode. This new game cripples the accessibility for people who have followed the series with that mode. It would be like Treyarch removing Zombies from their Call of Duty games. That would be absurd, as it's sold the game to people who like team play, and like to work toward a goal.

Look at the removal of Execution. People were irate about that. Epic quickly moved to reincorporate it into the game, but it's just not the same. Starting with anything other than smoke grenades takes away from the experience. People will say adapt, but that makes little sense in this situation. Taking influence from Call of Duty doesn't work when it radically changes your game. In the same way I'm actually happy to read the backlash toward 343i and how they've really butchered Halo 4, and I'm equally pleased to see that with Epic.

Video games aren't art; they're a product. You can't stand behind integrity when you're selling an item to people for a high price with little benefit.

This new content is paid for. It's not a gift they gave to say their sorry. Gears of War gave us free maps, plural. Same with 2 with the Flashback Map Pack. And 3 gave us the Booster Map Pack with 2 free maps. This was on top of the many maps and modes the games already had. In this game, we have little maps to choose from, and they're making it seem like giving us a few more (withheld) maps is a gift from the gods.

When you accurately criticize the game on their site, you're banned and the topic is swiftly deleted. These guys are busy playing Call of Duty, wishing they could add more Call of Duty elements to Gears of War, and then when they do that, they're still playing Call of Duty. What does that tell you when the game these guys make and change isn't even the game they want to play. It's even more insulting since they have a Reaper Medal for killing someone online who is using the employee skin, and yet have had to resort to outsourcing that skin to posters on their forums who kiss the companies ass. Rather than play the game, they get others to do it, then deny the issues with the game. As they don't play it, of course they'd be oblivious to it.

I still play Survival, even though it's not Horde. I'd be fine with Survival if they'd literally say we're not bringing Horde back, but they intentionally avoid it. Topics on their forums are deleted. Posts on their Twitch streams are ignored for things like, "Is Alex Brand a little skinnier than her comic model?" If they just were like, 'it's not coming back,' at least people would no to get rid of their copies if that's what they were holding out for. But they won't do that.

This isn't meant to be a jerk post, I'm just annoyed by a lot of the actions they've taken with this game. I'm glad to see a Test Server, but that feels like it'll become the Special Event Request thread they have, where hundreds of posts and requests will be put in the thread, but they'll only check it for the first month, and then forget it. Then the next DLC will come out, and that's the end of their interest for the game.

But you also can't say go back to Gears of War 2 or 3 for Horde, then hypocritically say they better bring back Guardian. It's not fair to ignore the requests of many and then forward your own interests.

Many people left this company prior to the release of this game, which makes little sense. They'd be getting a paycheck for sticking around, and yet they decided to leave before the next entry in a successful series, seeking employment elsewhere. Clearly there was some dispute about the franchise direction. Seeing as how Halo has now tried to borrow/steal Call of Duty elements, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Microsoft influence. They were probably hoping to get even more money out of their console exclusives. Clearly it's not worked, and people are stepping away from their games.

If nothing else, they'll make subtle changes to the game for Public Relations, so that when they release the next Gears of War game they can spin it as a sales pitch with really dumb expressions like, "You know, a lot of people struggled with the last game, but we're changing that, you know... We're going back to the roots. We heard your feedback. We're listening. And we're the biggest gear fans, so we want this game to be great, you know. Sure, we're not going to refund you your money for the previous blunder, but if you buy Gears of War 4 for next gen, you might like new direction we've taken it, by going backwards. Friends?"

Well i just dont think horde would work on judgment maps, thats why i say play it on gears 3, because even if they did bring back horde for judgment, i dont think it would be as good as it was in gears 3. But thats just my opinion. Guardian however, could still work on the maps we do have. But i really dont think they are even going to bring that back. The next game mode is most likely going to be another COD/Halo type mode that gears hasnt seen yet.

Overall im not happy with the direction they have gone in judgment. Its like they are gutting gears of everything that made it great, and trying to make it more of a COD/Halo game, trying to get the same type of fans and sales that those games get. If they can learn anything from this, is that we dont want this. Gears 3 probably sold so much just because of how good gears 2 was. Then we go from Gears 3 to Judgment and people are already giving up on the series because of all the changes.

The one thing i do like about judgment is overrun, its really a good mode to play. But as for the regular MP they really really need to go back to what made this game great. Survival is okay, personally playing as the COG side in overrun is a bit boring for me. I would much rather have a beast mode back where you play the locust side of overrun vs bots.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Survival is okay, personally playing as the COG side in overrun is a bit boring for me. I would much rather have a beast mode back where you play the locust side of overrun vs bots.[/QUOTE]
That'd be fun. It's much more fun to destroy than to have to focus on defending, repairing, reviving and supplying. Plus it'd be faster, probably, and should be an easy thing to design given the setup of Overrun.

But it's weird that when people suggest this on the Gears Site, they're immediately yelled at by the community. People get so defensive, as if one idea means you cannot have others. I'm more surprised at how many people say they want skins over maps or modes. The older games had few characters to pick, and more maps. I'd prefer that over lots of useless skins and few maps to pick.

Jim Brown even said that the reason they really can't bring the Locust back is due to the character custom skins, and how they'd have to be redesigned for the Locust. I wouldn't care if they lacked custom skins for the Locust. I can't imagine most rational people would, either. Oh well.

Hopefully Terminal is a fun map for Overrun/Survival.

If you want to hear an absolute ravaging of the new Gears on a technical level of how broken and blatant cash grab this game is, listen to episode 175 of my podcast from the 1:53:18-2:09:00 marks. NSFW language in that segment.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I played a few matches of the special event with 2 starting weapons and wow game is a lot more fun, hope this is made permanent[/QUOTE]
I think they mentioned that they might keep that in the Test Server. Might.

DLC: Call to ArmsCost: 1000 MSP Achievements: 10 Points: 250
BOOSHKA!50
gp-g.png
Earn 50 Double ribbons with the Booshka on Terminal (Public/Ranked) (2)
Don’t you die on me!25
gp-g.png
Revive 100 total teammates on Terminal as a Medic (Public/Ranked)
Surprise!10
gp-g.png
Get a Double while emerging as a Corpser (Public/Ranked)
Professional Locust75
gp-g.png
Kill 100 enemies with each Locust (5)
All Aboard!25
gp-g.png
Win Hardcore Survival on Terminal with 5 Soldiers (1)
Captain Sera10
gp-g.png
Earn a killing spree with the Boomshield on Boneyard (Public/Ranked)
Long Bomb10
gp-g.png
Earn the You’re It ribbon on Boneyard (Public/Ranked)
Old School Marathon10
gp-g.png
Play 10 matches total on BloodDrive (Public/Ranked)
Like A Boss15
gp-g.png
Place first in Free For All in Boneyard 5 times (Public/Ranked)
You Looking At Me20
gp-g.png
Win a Team Death Match game with the entire team wearing the Car 13 Armor skin (Public/Ranked)

Thanks to all that provided info on the new DLC.

This looks to be a fun DLC...can't wait to check out Terminal on Overrun/Survival and the revamped Blood Drive.

I did get a chance to play an Event game this Sunday on the Library map, and boy are people camping on that Easter Egg site. The one team had one guy manning the One-shot, another at that open window (watching for those trying to enter the (not so secret) secret door and shooting at/grenade-tossing those that try) and the rest were guarding the surrounding area. As I entered midway through the match already behind on points, I felt we had to go on the offensive and it was tough. I'd be able to gnash through the first pair of exterior defenders a few times, but once I'd get to the secret room it was so cramped the guy on top would just toss a couple grenades and take me out with ease. It was kinda fun trying to break through their defenses, but not so losing the match big time.

Some of those DLC achievements call for some serious boosting. I'll be online and available this evening if anyone wants to party-up.

Place first in free for all in boneyard 5 times??? Hopefully i can search for a ranked match and get all bots. I know ranked numbers are usually close to 0.

Locust skin wont work on Jungle Tai for the moment, hopefully they fix it soon.

People are already complaining on epic forums about not getting advertised skins from a Call to Arms preview video seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFpK6svq70

Tried 3 games of the master at arms mode, its pretty fun. Ive been in the top 3 in each of my games, but havent won yet. Its fun when you get weapons like boom, digger, booshka, sniper, breechshot. But i really dont like trying to get a kill with the Markza or Hammerburst. The hammerburst in this game sucks compared to gears 2 or 3. But overall i think its not bad, pretty fun. Im sure after a while the novelty will wear off though.

Man i hate when i get to Markza, Hammerburst, or Mulcher. I think those are the weapons i dont look forward to using. Everything else i can deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Surprised that there's no Call To Arms specific Achievements.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm also surprised they didn't put in an Execution achievement.

5 wins in public FFA, that's going to be a pain in the butt without boosting. I can hold my own, but rarely do I dominate a match enough to get to first place.

Well i think Master at Arms counts as FFA, right?

With that said, i just came in 2nd on Boneyard in Master at arms. Even though i sliced a guy twice with the cleaver and it went right through his body, but it didnt give me the kill. Wow.

Also i think there is something wrong with the digger. One match i switched to it after getting a kill and it wouldnt shoot at all. Then this last match i shot, but i dont think anything came out of my first shot. I didnt have to reload. IDK ill keep an eye on it more.

That reminds me, I ran into a glitch last night in Overrun. Playing as the COG, as Baird, I died right before the Locust opened the first hole. When the second round started, instead of being at the screen to select my character, I just started the match as Sofia, but without a weapon. I couldn't shoot, couldn't throw a grenade, couldn't melee, couldn't do anything but run around the map. I had to run into the Krill-shield near the Locust spawn to kill myself, so I could respawn again with a gun. Weird. Anyone else see anything like that happen?

bread's done
Back