GGT 105 : In Memorandum of Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']Jim and I played a bunch of MK with 0 lag.

I think you all need to get off dial-up.[/QUOTE] I actually think it's because you two connected to each other and meant to. Playing against randoms is laggy as fuck.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You nukkas are both in PA, that's why.[/QUOTE]
I think this is why, as well.

[quote name='seanr1221']What did I just watch?

[/QUOTE]
Did you read that Cracked article today, too? I totally did that shit this afternoon.

[quote name='seanr1221']Us living less than an hour away has nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

I can play Tekken 6 with Chacrana when he's at home in an hour and a half from me with almost no lag.

And that game has some dogshit netcode.

Just have to combat his internet's tendency to drop.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Did you read that Cracked article today, too? I totally did that shit this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I totally read that shit like 3 hours ago too, what horrible horrible fuck ups those were!

Hello fellow GGT posters, I come with a proposition. How about a GGT game night for Gears of War 1?

Why Gears 1 you might ask? Well, there are a handful of reasons. Here's a list (everyone likes lists):

1) Many of us already have it
2) Some of us (Me, Chac, Rolento) have played this in the past together (many moons ago) and had a thoroughly kick ass time
3) Those of us that don't have it will be able to acquire it for very cheap ($5 bucks at Gamestop)
4) It doesn't suck, like the formerly proposed Unreal Tournament 3
5) It is relevant to our interests right now, with the Gears 3 hype starting to spread

The tentative date I had in mind was Wednesday, April 27th at 9 PM EST.

Who's with me?
commthumb3.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hello fellow GGT posters, I come with a proposition. How about a GGT game night for Gears of War 1?

Why Gears 1 you might ask? Well, there are a handful of reasons. Here's a list (everyone likes lists):

2) Some of us (Me, Chac, Rolento) have played this in the past together (many moons ago) and had a thoroughly kick ass time
3) Those of us that don't have it will be able to acquire it for very cheap ($5 bucks at Gamestop)
5) It is relevant to our interests right now, with the Gears 3 hype starting to spread

Who's with me?
commthumb3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You can toss a copy in my box when you send it. :bouncy:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Hello fellow GGT posters, I come with a proposition. How about a GGT game night for Gears of War 1?

Who's with me?
commthumb3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't have Gears 1 anymore, and even if I did, I am fucking swamped through May 5th :(

I still remember when we played Gears like all day on Easter Sunday. Shit, that was like 4 years ago.

You know I'd love to play, but I seriously can't do it then.

Anyone want to buy a Portal 2 steam code? :D

Mortal Kombat continues to be a blast, but since when is the AI so block heavy? Sheesh.

[quote name='Chacrana']Gears of War 2 was as much of an upgrade to Gears 1 as black people were to gorillas. It made some definite refinements, but if you hated them before, you'll still hate 'em now.[/QUOTE]

I hate to admit that I lol'ed at this

[quote name='Chacrana']I don't have Gears 1 anymore, and even if I did, I am fucking swamped through May 5th :(

I still remember when we played Gears like all day on Easter Sunday. Shit, that was like 4 years ago.

You know I'd love to play, but I seriously can't do it then.[/QUOTE]

Would you be down after May 5th?

MK might have the most time consuming trophy ever. "Gain Mastery of All Fighters" is...

• 100 victories
  • 100 "-alities"
  • 150 X-Rays landed
  • 10,000 pints of blood spilled
  • 24 hours (1 day) playing time (per character!)

[quote name='diddy310']MK might have the most time consuming trophy ever. "Gain Mastery of All Fighters" is...

• 100 victories
  • 100 "-alities"
  • 150 X-Rays landed
[/QUOTE]

Warhawk and Socom: Confrontation still take the cake on hardest and time consuming trophies. But 24 hours per character is pretty long. SSF4 had a play count in the game, some characters for me are still in the single digit.

[quote name='diddy310']MK might have the most time consuming trophy ever. "Gain Mastery of All Fighters" is...

• 100 victories
  • 100 "-alities"
  • 150 X-Rays landed
[/QUOTE]
I already have two of those down (blood and x-rays), but honestly, don't think I'll get the 24 hours per character down.

Gran Turismo 5 is BY FAR the hardest Platinum to get. 800-900 hours with a METRIC TON of skill required. The hardest Trophy requires 2 perfect laps on 3 tracks with the fastest car in the game. It is nearly impossible to do with a controller as well.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
4) It doesn't suck, like the formerly proposed Unreal Tournament 3[/QUOTE]

Excuse me?

• 100 victories
  • 100 "-alities"
  • 150 X-Rays landed
[/QUOTE]

That's actually not that bad for a fighter, I'd have probably earned something similar for most of my other fighters by now.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']

For the record, we didn't know Cheddahz until he posted in here, like 3 hours before he was banned for whatever reason, and he is not InuFyae/whomever else that has been banned prior. Check his 32,000 some point Gamertag also called Cheddahz, seems too elaborate to be an alt account.[/QUOTE]

This is what we call the long con.

Cut short.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']No, we were just playing it last night on a whim because Chacrana wanted to for whatever reason. Then linkpwns left and Cheddahz joined us like immediately. I took the pic because it honestly sounds like something we'd make up.

Game sucks so much dick.

For the record, we didn't know Cheddahz until he posted in here, like 3 hours before he was banned for whatever reason, and he is not InuFyae/whomever else that has been banned prior. Check his 32,000 some point Gamertag also called Cheddahz, seems too elaborate to be an alt account.[/QUOTE]

I mean, if Cheddahz told you through Xbox Live that he was done with CAG, I seriously doubt he is here with a alt. I mean I know he created "this" in which he provided everyone with a message, he also provided evidence of his absent of leave.

and I don't think he is a "long con" at all, he just seems like a guy that wanted in on the fun around here

Who's with me?
commthumb3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for that.

I also still need a few horde achievements in gears 2 if anyone is ever up for that.

[quote name='distgfx']Excuse me?

That's actually not that bad for a fighter, I'd have probably earned something similar for most of my other fighters by now.[/QUOTE]
You know it is over 600 hours of playtime, right?

[quote name='Gustav']I mean, if Cheddahz told you through Xbox Live that he was done with CAG, I seriously doubt he is here with a alt. I mean I know he created "this" in which he provided everyone with a message, he also provided evidence of his absent of leave.

and I don't think he is a "long con" at all, he just seems like a guy that wanted in on the fun around here[/QUOTE]
091114-suspicious-cat.jpg

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'd be up for that.

I also still need a few horde achievements in gears 2 if anyone is ever up for that.[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal. I'm up for some Gears 2 some time as well, just picked up that Triple Pack.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']You know it is over 600 hours of playtime, right?[/QUOTE]

My total play time for sfiv is around that.

[quote name='distgfx']My total play time for sfiv is around that.[/QUOTE]

That's alot.

I think that it being divided equally among the characters makes it especially hard, too.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']That's alot.

I think that it being divided equally among the characters makes it especially hard, too.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, but this is including SFIV vanilla and SSFIV combined, so it's not too much.

Man, it's ultra, ultra gloomy outside. Like I woke up, and it was like wat. Guess it doesn't matter, since I'll be studying the day away anyway.

And maybe playing a bit of Shinobi and Worms Reloaded.

I'm a big fan of Shinobi.

[quote name='distgfx']Yes it is, but this is including SFIV vanilla and SSFIV combined, so it's not too much.[/QUOTE]

I only put around 110 hours into sfiv/ssfiv and I thought that was a lot. I beat story mode to Mortal Kombat last night since I couldn't play it online anyway. I wonder when psn will be working again.

• 100 victories
  • 100 "-alities"
  • 150 X-Rays landed
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-cart']Warhawk and Socom: Confrontation still take the cake on hardest and time consuming trophies. But 24 hours per character is pretty long. SSF4 had a play count in the game, some characters for me are still in the single digit.[/QUOTE]

That's nothing, this game is one that would take forever. Hell I haven't even personally played the game, but I watched my friend play a bunch of it, and he loves that series and even he said there was no way in hell he was going to ever get even half of them.

I just picked up Portal 2 on PS3 if anyone wants to play whenever PSN comes back up!

Also, I'd be happy to sell my Steam copy if anyone would want it. ;)

[quote name='icebeast']That's nothing, this game is one that would take forever. Hell I haven't even personally played the game, but I watched my friend play a bunch of it, and he loves that series and even he said there was no way in hell he was going to ever get even half of them.[/QUOTE]

Meh, the estimate for 100% completion is 250 hours. While a whole hell of a lot, that is significantly less than MK would take.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm up for gears 2 sometime, dmaul.

--

Wow, Liu Kang vs. Shao Khan is some straight up BS.[/QUOTE]
Back away and fireball him. That's what I ended up reduced to and I ended up getting a double flawless.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Back away and fireball him. That's what I ended up reduced to and I ended up getting a double flawless.[/QUOTE]

You can just back away, duck his spears and jump over his hammer while waiting for him to taunt. As soon as he taunts, UNLEASH YOUR FURY ON HIM!

[quote name='distgfx']You can just back away, duck his spears and jump over his hammer while waiting for him to taunt. As soon as he taunts, UNLEASH YOUR FURY ON HIM![/QUOTE]
My way is easier. Much, much easier.

Shit be done in 1 minute.

:lol: Dave Snyder of WhiskeyMedia is taking calls on their live stream as the leader of the Resistance, due to Skynet taking down their sites.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']My way is easier. Much, much easier.

Shit be done in 1 minute.[/QUOTE]

Good for you, I was giving an alternative to it, GAWD!

That tactic did not work for me. He would always rush me. and I had a hard time jumping that cheap as fuck hammer. I just prayed to the lightening gods.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: Dave Snyder of WhiskeyMedia is taking calls on their live stream as the leader of the Resistance, due to Skynet taking down their sites.[/QUOTE]

Yet another reason to love Giantbomb.

Sony's MLB: The Show games are what I'd expect to be the hardest platinums on the PS3, as they always have a crazy range of random things you need to do to get each trophy.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Back away and fireball him. That's what I ended up reduced to and I ended up getting a double flawless.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't cooperate with that. he keeps throwing the hammer, stunning me, etc. I remembered reading to cheese him with fireballs... but I can't get it to work out. :(

Was playing BFBC2 on my friend's new monster computer -- 3D glasses and everything.

It's nice, but it's nothing like going from standard television to HD. They really have to improve it if it's ever going to be considered a must have.

[quote name='Chacrana']hmmmm.... Nin2 Jump is out on the 27th. Interesting.

I hope it'll be good, cuz it's a Cave game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYRXoJNoW4

I dunno, I have faith in 'em, at least. And I feel like digidistribution is basically where 90% of the interesting stuff is these days :whistle2:/

I feel like Rolento, and I hate it.[/QUOTE]

I already got my 400 Microsoft points in my account for this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back