GGT #115 Ain't No Need For Trunks E3 Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eldergamer']In DA:O should I do urn of sacred ashes next or elves/werewolves?[/QUOTE]
The Urn is the best to do next. Then do the Dalish mission.

[quote name='eldergamer']In DA:O should I do urn of sacred ashes next or elves/werewolves?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The Urn is the best to do next. Then do the Dalish mission.[/QUOTE]
I actually say the opposite. The urn quest is harder than the elves IMO, so that should be saved for last.

Do you guys know if it is confirmed that the free shit is only for existing PSN customers? Thinking about picking up a new PS3 since I need a blu-ray player anyway, but was going to make a new PSN account.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Do you guys know if it is confirmed that the free shit is only for existing PSN customers? Thinking about picking up a new PS3 since I need a blu-ray player anyway, but was going to make a new PSN account.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you have a PS3 for a week or so?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Do you guys know if it is confirmed that the free shit is only for existing PSN customers? Thinking about picking up a new PS3 since I need a blu-ray player anyway, but was going to make a new PSN account.[/QUOTE]
"To start, all PSN members who had signed up before the outage (April 20, 2011) will be able to select two games for the PS3 and two games for the PSP systems."

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']"To start, all PSN members who had signed up before the outage (April 20, 2011) will be able to select two games for the PS3 and two games for the PSP systems."[/QUOTE]

Whack.

Thanks for the quick reply.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I actually say the opposite. The urn quest is harder than the elves IMO, so that should be saved for last.[/QUOTE]

Which one is the urn?

Accounts created on or before 4/21 or 4/20 (depending on region).
It's the Welcome "BACK" program(me) after all... ;)
(You had a PS3 and never signed up for PSN?)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Which one is the urn?

Accounts created on or before 4/21 or 4/20 (depending on region).
It's the Welcome "BACK" program(me) after all... ;)
(You had a PS3 and never signed up for PSN?)[/QUOTE]

I actually have a PSN account but want to change my name.. I guess I could download the games using that account and then create a new account. I could still access the games under a different psn account, correct?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I actually have a PSN account but want to change my name.. I guess I could download the games using that account and then create a new account. I could still access the games under a different psn account, correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct, just keep the account you used to download them on your PS3.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I actually say the opposite. The urn quest is harder than the elves IMO, so that should be saved for last.[/QUOTE]
It depends on what you're going to do in the Urn quest. If you plan on figting the big bad there then save it for last. If not then just do it now. I did the Urn right after the Circle of Mages (which was the first thing I did on the world map) and didn't have any problems with it.

Dang... I really, really want that Tomb Raider game. :hot:

I'll hold judgement till I see gameplay, but man that looks interesting.

Tomb Raider is like the anti-DmC.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The one where you need to get the ashes of Andraste to heal Arl Eamon.[/QUOTE]

Shit it's been too long, that's not ringing any bells.

I remember werewolves/elves in the forest, dwarves/golems in the mines, mages tower, the fade, fighting through the last area, taking on the last area.

Is the ashes of Andraste in the mountains? If so, then yeah, save it, I agree with you...
Isn't there a dragon right before you enter the whatever on the top of the mountain? I fucked him up because I was high level, but you'd probably have to run if you did it near the beginning.

Played the infamous demo. Seems a lot more streamlined.

infamous-2-puns.png

also played the Motorstorm demo. I can't say I really enjoyed it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Shit it's been too long, that's not ringing any bells.

I remember werewolves/elves in the forest, dwarves/golems in the mines, mages tower, the fade, fighting through the last area, taking on the last area.

Is the ashes of Andraste in the mountains? If so, then yeah, save it, I agree with you...
Isn't there a dragon right before you enter the whatever on the top of the mountain? I fucked him up because I was high level, but you'd probably have to run if you did it near the beginning.
[/QUOTE]
Yep! The part in the mountains. Nah, you can completely skip the
Dragon. I didn't even know it was there until I read a walkthrough and found out, at that point I think it was too far to go back to fight it, thoguh.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yep! The part in the mountains. Nah, you can completely skip the
Dragon. I didn't even know it was there until I read a walkthrough and found out, at that point I think it was too far to go back to fight it, thoguh.
[/QUOTE]

I knew about it because a character said something about it, but skipped it anyway because I did that quest early on.

[quote name='ihadFG']I knew about it because a character said something about it, but skipped it anyway because I did that quest early on.[/QUOTE]

I had already slew one dragon at that point...
Flemmeth
So I figured, fuck it. It's going down.
And it went down faster than a basehead offered a hit of coke for a beejer.

--

InFamous 2 still has that glidey-movement of other ps3 exclusives... ugh.
Generally speaking, it was a good time. I'd grab it for $40 or under.

--

Time to disappoint uraizen: I was NOT feeling the DNF demo. It felt slow and clunky... was not a fan of being forced to drive the vehicle... and didn't think the graphics were great either.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Time to disappoint uraizen: I was NOT feeling the DNF demo. It felt slow and clunky... was not a fan of being forced to drive the vehicle... and didn't think the graphics were great either.[/QUOTE]

What did you expect? You played it on the PS3. The other complaints are legitimate, though. I didn't think the controls were bad.

[quote name='distgfx']What did you expect? You played it on the PS3. The other complaints are legitimate, though. I didn't think the controls were bad.[/QUOTE]

Why should the graphics be bad on PS3? Other games can look good to great... why should DNF be an exception?

The controls were ok... they seemed a little clunky though... not necessarily bad.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Why should the graphics be bad on PS3? Other games can look good to great... why should DNF be an exception?

The controls were ok... they seemed a little clunky though... not necessarily bad.[/QUOTE]

Would you feel better if I replaced PS3 with 360? Same shit.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah Duke kinda sucked.[/QUOTE]

I understand the hype, but I've said it before. It won't get rated well and prob won't be that great after all. I bet it gets like a 6 out of 10 from the reviews or maybe lower. I'm still interested in playing it, but I'm going to wait till its cheap.

There was several people telling me how great its going to be when I said it would be mediocre. I want them to prove me wrong when its released.

[quote name='jman619']There was several people telling me how great its going to be when I said it would be mediocre. I want them to prove me wrong when its released.[/QUOTE]

I can prove you wrong now.

I enjoyed the demo.

I win.

Tomb Raider reboot looks promising. Also looks Uncharted. :p I hope they don't go overboard with the "grittiness".

[quote name='distgfx']I hate the demo now.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

For me, the demo ended up being just about what I expected. I guess that's not really a good or a bad thing. I'll pick up the game when it's on sale, but right now the prices don't seem low enough for me. I expect it to drop fast, especially on PC.

Huh..what do you know..those cable signal booster things actually work. A year of only watching west coast HD channels and Cablevision telling me to reboot my cable box over and over again could have been spared by spending 36 dollars.

I knew dissing Duke would get distgfx to quote me. :bouncy:

A bit strange, but after I mentioned it. I got a code to download the demo. I want to see what I think of it.

[quote name='diddy310']Huh..what do you know..those cable signal booster things actually work. A year of only watching west coast HD channels and Cablevision telling me to reboot my cable box over and over again could have been spared by spending 36 dollars.[/QUOTE]

So long as you boost it before the signal is too degraded, they should. I've been thinking of getting one to install in the crawlspace since there's a 5 way split in there that runs the homerun lines to all the rooms in the house.

WTF when did my hometown area become swarmed by jersey shore morons and hipsters? I stopped to get gas and they were all over the place.

[quote name='ihadFG']I knew about it because a character said something about it, but skipped it anyway because I did that quest early on.[/QUOTE]

There is an achievement for winning that optional fight though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']"To start, all PSN members who had signed up before the outage (April 20, 2011) will be able to select two games for the PS3 and two games for the PSP systems."[/QUOTE]

Be VERY careful u do the order correctly for the free games. Screwed up and now I only got 1 PSP game (did those first to test.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Be VERY careful u do the order correctly for the free games. Screwed up and now I only got 1 PSP game (did those first to test.)[/QUOTE]
Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotion

Go there to make any choices that you missed.

[quote name='diddy310']Forgot to add...MS is on Spike and everything else on G4 if people wanted to watch them on TV.[/QUOTE]

EA is exclusive to Spike also.

[quote name='MSUHitman']There is an achievement for winning that optional fight though.[/QUOTE]
Fuuuuck, now I'm mad I missed it. Guess I'll be handling that in my second playthrough.
-------------
I think I may 1000/1000 DA2, counting out what achievements I'll be getting by the end of this game I'll only be missing 4 and I'll be able to pick those up in the beginning of my second playthrough.

Also, Fenris is a fucking dick. I wish this had some kind of kill your squadmates mechanic so I could kill him.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Both are pretty bad.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this. I still don't understand how so many people like LBP. I can't stand to play it for more than an hour.

[quote name='ihadFG']The new Prey 2 trailer was pretty cool, although I don't see how it's related in any way to Prey:[/QUOTE]
Outside of the main character being someone that was on the Airplane that was teleported by the Aliens in the first game it's supposedly not related to Prey at all. In fact, rumor going around is that it was a completely different game and they just decided to pop that little origin in and call it Prey 2 because sales are supposedly better for anything with a number at the end of the title.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Fuuuuck, now I'm mad I missed it. Guess I'll be handling that in my second playthrough.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention you missed some of the best loot in the game and couldn't get the special dragon armor from Wade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back