GGT #115 Ain't No Need For Trunks E3 Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like going there for anything except movies. The shopping area out here is reallllly limited. It's Wal-Mart or Commissary and the Commissary closes at 8 pm, so anytime after I end up heading to Wal-Mart.

I just beat Sly Cooper 1 in the Sly Collection. I'm not particularly impressed though. The final level really soured me on it. Not to mention the horrendous camera, the controls not registering 20-30% of the time and the lack of checkpoints in bosses that have multiple parts.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just beat Sly Cooper 1 in the Sly Collection. I'm not particularly impressed though. The final level really soured me on it. Not to mention the horrendous camera, the controls not registering 20-30% of the time and the lack of checkpoints in bosses that have multiple parts.[/QUOTE]
I agree. The Croc boss was a bitch.

As long has PW HD has online and co-oping and no KONAMI ID bullshit, then I will be sold on it.

Glad to see ZoE get an HD upgrade. Jehuty will grace the HD gen finally.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I didn't even think about the co-op in the port. Hopefully they do keep that in.[/QUOTE]

PW is that much better when co-oping. Human slingshot is too godly.

Needs more Metal Gear VR Missions. Japan is getting codes for the MGS1 download, so hopefully North America will too since I somehow didn't buy that yet.

[quote name='KillerRamen']The Duke Nukem Forever demo is out now for FAC members! I'm downloading it now! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Hell yea, almost done downloading that shit!

So I played the DNF demo on 360...yeah, that's a game. To describe it visually...think a shinier version of Oblivion but with the scan-lines from the Wii version of Twilight Princess. Not even kidding.

First Access Club, gunm.

-----
So I'm at Act 3 in Dragon Age 2, I don't know how to feel about this game. I like it, but I've done so much in it and still feel like it isn't a true sequel to my beloved Dragon Age Origins. This game has also made me notice that I will not hesitate to call a chick a cunt at the drop of a hat.

The DNF demo makes it obvious that it's a game that took a long, long time to make. It's as polished as a game like that could be without remaking the entire game again, so it's okay. I was surprised that it had a modern game design element like recharging health.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
So I'm at Act 3 in Dragon Age 2, I don't know how to feel about this game. I like it, but I've done so much in it and still feel like it isn't a true sequel to my beloved Dragon Age Origins. This game has also made me notice that I will not hesitate to call a chick a cunt at the drop of a hat.[/QUOTE]

Which is why it shouldn't have been called DA2. DA2 is to Devil May Cry 2, in the sense that both do not exist to me. Not because they aren't just terrible games, but the fact that they are TERRIBLE SEQUELS to a quality original game. Now if DA3 is anything as to how awesome Devil May Cry 3 was for the the DMC series, then I will be a happy. Until then, Post EA Bioware takeover could suck a fat one.

[quote name='KingBroly']So I played the DNF demo on 360...yeah, that's a game. To describe it visually...think a shinier version of Oblivion but with the scan-lines from the Wii version of Twilight Princess. Not even kidding.[/QUOTE]

You can turn that off in the PC version. Interesting opinions over at GAF on this one, it would seem the console versions have pretty bad graphics, performance and controls. The PC users, however, are enjoying the demo quite a bit. I'm going to try to get a hold of a code for the PS3 one to see what's up and to piss off whoknows for not sharing.

EDIT: Yay, got it, it's a lot smaller than the PC version. Let's see what's up with these console ports of DNF.

[quote name='gunm']What is an FAC member?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']First Access Club, gunm.[/QUOTE]

Respond should have been, "FC Members should know."

Finished DNF demo on the PS3, what the fuck are people bitching about? It doesn't look as good or run as good, which is the norm, and my only complaint is you couldn't turn off the filters that broly mentioned.

Sweetness! Got the DNF Demo downloading as I type this. I'm really excited to finally get my hands on it. Does anyone know if this is the PAX Demo or a Demo made specifically for the FAC?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Sweetness! Got the DNF Demo downloading as I type this. I'm really excited to finally get my hands on it. Does anyone know if this is the PAX Demo or a Demo made specifically for the FAC?[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's just the PAX Demo.

Monday, June 6th:
All EST

Microsoft:12:00
EA: 3:30
Ubisoft: 5:30
Sony: 8:00

Tuesday, June 7th:

Nintendo:12:00

[quote name='diddy310']Monday, June 6th:
All EST

Microsoft:12:00
EA: 3:30
Ubisoft: 5:30
Sony: 8:00

Tuesday, June 7th:

Nintendo:12:00[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']US one is up now, as is the PSP one.

Just letting people know.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Wasn't trying to be a dick to you for mentioning it... just more of my musing that it's not very welcoming for a bunch of us. :whistle2:?

I want LBP for PSP so I will have something to play at school aside from that Mini Golf game (Mini as in PSP/PS3 mini, not mini golf). Aside from that, I guess I'm getting Super StarDust HD since I have all the other PS3 games from the "welcome back" program. Might as well be the "welcome black" program, right? [/racism]

I think I'm going to use my $25 GS giftcard on DL stuff, like that new Under Seige game and maybe Outland if it ever comes out on PSN.

You know what? fuck the PlayStation store. I just tried to get my free shit and while trying to dowload the voucher for the free game I get "This Content is not Purchaseable" then I get an error and kicked out of the store, I load up the store again and I can't get ANY of the PS3 games, what the fuck? I can always get my PSP games right? fuck NO. Same fucking thing happened! fuck Sony.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You know what? fuck the PlayStation store. I just tried to get my free shit and while trying to dowload the voucher for the free game I get "This Content is not Purchaseable" then I get an error and kicked out of the store, I load up the store again and I can't get ANY of the PS3 games, what the fuck? I can always get my PSP games right? fuck NO. Same fucking thing happened! fuck Sony.[/QUOTE]
Relax dude, you can get your games. Obviously the service is getting completely slammed right now. Instead of ranting do a bit of simple research, like checking Sony's FAQ on how the deal works.

Here's your fix: Make sure to complete the download of each title all the way otherwise you’ll have to go into account management>transaction management>services list>SCEA Promotions to download the games.

Wow, Sony just fucked me out of one of the PSP games. I got the free psp game 1 but got kicked out before i could complete the purchase for one of the games... now the icon is gone from the welcome back page.
Managed to get psp game 2 and select LBP so it's tied to my account, but christ, what a fuckjob. Good thing I don't really care about the PSP shit and was just taking it as a fuck You to Sony (since I don't own a PSP).

And the store is completely busted other than the welcome back package page.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow, Sony just fucked me out of one of the PSP games.

And the store is completely busted other than the welcome back package page.[/QUOTE]
See the post above you.

No problem, the same thing happened to me. It gave me an error when I tried to get my second PSP game, but a quick trip to the PS blog gave me the info to fix it. I'm going to wait on my second PS3 game though until the traffic dies down.

Also multiple accounts do work. I got Ratchet from my UK account.

The store keeps giving me that error so I'm going to wait until it's fixed for the free games. Not like there's anything I'm dying to have from them. Pursuit Force is the only one I kinda want to play.

That worked, Rei. Thanks.

And I already got LBP from my EU account and then Infamous/WipEout HD Fury from US account... will probably grab Ratchet from EU for the second game (though getting the PSP games in EU seems more difficult, like you have to access the store FROM a PSP).

Man, this sounds like a headache. I'll just wait until the store isn't getting gangfucked.

Not that I care, all Imma get is InfamAss and Dead Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back