GGT #115 Ain't No Need For Trunks E3 Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do that someday when I upgrade to that new dial up internet that's out now.

For now I'll stick with Netscape on Windows 98

Played some more Sly Cooper 1. I really don't think it's all that great. The camera is atrocious. I still plan to Platinum it, though.

I played some Halo Reach multiplayer tonight for the first time ever. I am...really, really terrible at it. My K/D ratio is

[quote name='whoknows']I'll do that someday when I upgrade to that new dial up internet that's out now.

For now I'll stick with Netscape on Windows 98[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's a killer combo. I'm forced to roll Win NT 4.0 for work, stuck using IE4.0 also.

Hate it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Played some more Sly Cooper 1. I really don't think it's all that great. The camera is atrocious. I still plan to Platinum it, though.

I played some Halo Reach multiplayer tonight for the first time ever. I am...really, really terrible at it. My K/D ratio is
[/QUOTE]

Just point your crosshair in the general direction of the enemy, and let the game do the rest.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Just point your crosshair in the general direction of the enemy, and let the game do the rest.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Dude, that's a killer combo. I'm forced to roll Win NT 4.0 for work, stuck using IE4.0 also.

Hate it.[/QUOTE]

I would too man.

I'd go grab an AOL (America Online) cd from a local electronics store and at least upgrade to that. Comes with it's own browser that's way better than IE4. It's the way of the future.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Just point your crosshair in the general direction of the enemy, and let the game do the rest.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Pretty much this.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love PC elitism. :roll:

[quote name='ihadFG']Gotta love PC elitism. :roll:[/QUOTE]

When you waste $5000 on a gaming PC you have to try to justify it somehow.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Halo is a fun multiplayer game, I was just giving Broly legitimate advice.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I'm sure it will help him a lot!

I was somewhat decent at Halo 3, but I excelled at stuff like CTF and Assault. I'm insanely good at Gears of War. I guess it's just unfamiliar territory for me right now.

Psn is up, but really it is not. Timeouts galore. Doh this is lame beyond lame. Microsoft must be laughing their ass off. :(

Some PC games have aim-assist too, but you can turn it off.
Smartass.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Halo is a fun multiplayer game, I was just giving Broly legitimate advice.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

[quote name='KingBroly']Played some more Sly Cooper 1. I really don't think it's all that great. The camera is atrocious. I still plan to Platinum it, though.

[/QUOTE]

You'll pick it up after a couple more games.

I love halo multiplayer compared to the cod-style multiplayer.

So I beat Episode 3 of BTTF. The only thing I can't seem to do is get the One Bad Apple Trophy. I'm probably missing something ridiculously easy.

So I head to PSN to download the inFamous 2 demo since it kept fucking kicking me off last night and so far every time I try to download something I get "Content is not available" and "Content is not downloadable at this time".

I construed it more as Halo just plain sucking. That being said, PC gaming sucks too.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']So I head to PSN to download the inFamous 2 demo since it kept fucking kicking me off last night and so far every time I try to download something I get "Content is not available" and "Content is not downloadable at this time".[/QUOTE]
I'm downloading it just fine. It's going pretty quickly too.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I construed it more as Halo just plain sucking. That being said, PC gaming sucks too.

I'm downloading it just fine. It's going pretty quickly too.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got it to start downloading after I posted. It's slow, but it's always been slow for me.

----------
Hey, Dragon Age 2 peeps! Is there any way I could have saved my
mother from being chop shop'd?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hey, Dragon Age 2 peeps! Is there any way I could have saved my
mother from being chop shop'd?
[/QUOTE]
No, that has to happen.

Hellllllooooo PSN aggravation! >_<

The amount of effort to add $20 to my wallet via code has been infuriating.
While some things that were to come out while PSN was down are up (SSF4 Ultra Complete Costume Pack), I'm not seeing any of the May/June PSN+ stuff...

April content available to PlayStation Plus members until 15th June: (if you were a Plus member on or before the 21st April)

PSN:

Red Faction: Battlegrounds
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Pain
Prince of Persia Classic
PS One:

Creatures 3: Raised in Space
Exclusive Discounts:

Precipice of Darkness: Episode One and Two – 75% off
Red Johnson Chronicles – 50% off
Outland – 20% off (until 8th June)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD – 20% off
Game Add-ons:

Killzone3: Steel Rain pack
MotorStorm Apocalypse Supercar Elite – 20% off
Dynamic themes:

Exclusive Growing Garden Theme
Exclusive Abstract Art Theme
Exclusive Clock Theme
Premium Avatars:

MotorStorm Apocalypse Burning Avatar
MotorStorm Apocalypse Urban Avatar
Available to all PlayStation Plus members, including those who have 30 days free membership:

PSN:

Burnout Paradise
Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers
Streets of Rage 2
PS One:

James Pond 2: Codename Robocod
minis:

BABEL: The King of the Blocks
The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
Exclusive Discounts:

PlayTV Live Chat – 25% off until 6 July 2011
Thexder NEO – 50% off
Worms – 50% off
Burn Zombie Burn! – 50% off
Chime – 20% off
Under Siege – 40% off
Beyond Good & Evil – 20% off (from 8th June – 22nd June)
Dynamic themes:

Exclusive City theme
Exclusive Dragon theme
20% off a selection of new themes from The Studio
Premium Avatars:

Patapon 3 Avatars: Bowmunk, Cannassault, Gaeen, Manboth, Oohoroc
And of course, keep your eyes peeled for some great extra treats during the month.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']No, that has to happen.[/QUOTE]
Aww, that sucks. I was hoping it was tied to
me giving her hope that she could start dating again.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I construed it more as Halo just plain sucking. That being said, PC gaming sucks too.[/QUOTE]

But, it's the future of gaming.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']While some things that were to come out while PSN was down are up (SSF4 Ultra Complete Costume Pack), I'm not seeing any of the May/June PSN+ stuff...[/QUOTE]

I got that costume pack last night... Sakura and Makoto. :hot:

Also picked up Platinum for BB:CS(2).

Should have remembered to get the ME2 free Cerberus Network DLC and Arrival, I'll do that in the next couple days.

[quote name='icebeast']I got that costume pack last night... Sakura and Makoto. :hot:

Also picked up Platinum for BB:CS(2).

Should have remembered to get the ME2 free Cerberus Network DLC and Arrival, I'll do that in the next couple days.[/QUOTE]

I did not see Platinum under BBCS this morning when I looked. :(

Saw you trying World of Goo -- you like it?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hellllllooooo PSN aggravation! >_<

The amount of effort to add $20 to my wallet via code has been infuriating.
While some things that were to come out while PSN was down are up (SSF4 Ultra Complete Costume Pack), I'm not seeing any of the May/June PSN+ stuff...[/QUOTE]

I think they are going to wait until June 15th to change the PS+ stuff to the ones that were supposed to go out in May.
Maybe the new deals will coincide with whatever day they give everyone their free 30 days (though looking at my subscription it seems they added some onto mine already, mine now says it started 2/8/2011 and goes to 7/09/12)

How far ahead do they announce those deals?

EDIT: The blog says there's another Playstation Store and Playstation Plus update tomorrow..so maybe new stuff will go up then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']I think they are going to wait until June 15th to change the PS+ stuff to the ones that were supposed to go out in May.
Maybe the new deals will coincide with whatever day they give everyone their free 30 days (though looking at my subscription it seems they added some onto mine already, mine now says it started 2/8/2011 and goes to 7/09/12)

How far ahead do they announce those deals?

EDIT: The blog says there's another Playstation Store and Playstation Plus update tomorrow..so maybe new stuff will go up then.[/QUOTE]

They put up 2 new Minis, it seems... but nothing other than that, it seems... except maybe some themes/avatars I didn't notice before.

--

Wow, the guy that IGN had play the ME3 E3 demo sounds like an idiot:

It all felt like a different game, like a different series even. Where Mass Effect 2 felt like a slightly tighter Mass Effect combat-wise, Mass Effect 3 is in an entirely different space. The familiar elements that need to be there are intact - powers and talents are still in the same menu wheel structure, and weapon types remain unchanged. You're not going to select an assault rifle and be shocked by its looks. But you will be taken aback by how well it works. I was. And now the wait to play Mass Effect 3 until 2012 is that much harder.

What? What ME2 did he play? :rofl:

There was a free dynamic fish tank theme that I didn't notice before, but I don't go in that section too often.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I did not see Platinum under BBCS this morning when I looked. :(

Saw you trying World of Goo -- you like it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't search for Platinum through the DLC menu, I found her in I think the New Releases->DLC section.

And ya World of Goo is fairly sweet, I remember a lot of people saying they liked the game a lot, but I never got around to buying it. My only major complaint was that it didn't have the option for Windowed mode, but it seems you can input a keyboard command to make it switch to Windowed mode so next time I play I'll do that (usually like to do stuff like IM people while I'm playing a simple game like that). Thanks for gifting it to me. :D

[quote name='diddy310']There was a free dynamic fish tank theme that I didn't notice before, but I don't go in that section too often.[/QUOTE]

That's been there. I used it for a bit, but it was too fake or something so I dropped it. :(

Are the first Red Faction games worthwhile?
What about the MI games? I've played the remake of the first one on XBLA... it was okay... just wondering if the sequels were better or worse.

final-fantasy-xiii-2-20110602095953109_640w.jpg

Logically, no one will buy XIII-2 because XIII was indeed the worst game ever released this generation. Everyone who bought it was fooled by the raving pre-reviews from Japan and the empty promises of an open world with a dialogue wheel, the ability to mash X through a stranger's bedroom for some ether, and Emerald and Ruby Weapons to find on the world map to kill for sweet materia.

But counter-acting this logic is the redesign of the female characters. Something tells me it's going to do well.

[quote name='panzerfaust']But counter-acting this logic is the redesign of the female characters. Something tells me it's going to do well.[/QUOTE]

Fang is looking fairly sexy in that screen shot. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back