GGT #115 Ain't No Need For Trunks E3 Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='whoknows']$25/month from Virgin Mobile.

I would never have considered a smartphone if it wasn't for that.[/QUOTE]

Meh, that's only $5 less than Verizon and same as AT&T's 2gb plan.

Still too much for me, and I don't want to leave Verizon as most of my friends and family are on there so it's great for the free in-network calling. Plus I get an 18% discount for being a state employee, but Verizon and AT&T are the only options for the discount.

I may get a smart phone when Verizon announces their new tiered data plans this summer. If there's a $10-15 plan I'd probably bite the bullet. I don't need much data as I'm near wifi the vast majority if the time (have it home and work) and mainly just want a smart phone for Apps more than data--wish you could get smartphones without data plans and just use wifi! But if they have a $10-15 plan for 500mb or something I'd probably jump (currently the cheapest Verizon plan is $20).

iPod Touch would be useless for me as I wouldn't carry it around everywhere like I do my phone, so it would end up staying home or in the office like my current MP3 players or my iPad or my Kindle and other gadgets I don't want to lug around since I'm not a hipster with a messenger bag or backpack everywhere I go. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be really surprised if it does appear. I'd be doubly surprised if they give out Red Faction with some copies again, stillll hoping for it, though!

Jeez...might need to wait on that, though I do have 45 dollars in Giftcards and coupons for K-Mart to use up from LA Noire.

http://kotaku.com/5806861/shes-bayonetta-brought-to-life/gallery/17

Hot damn.

xlarge_h_01.jpg

[quote name='dmaul1114']Meh, that's only $5 less than Verizon and same as AT&T's 2gb plan.

Still too much for me, and I don't want to leave Verizon as most of my friends and family are on there so it's great for the free in-network calling. Plus I get an 18% discount for being a state employee, but Verizon and AT&T are the only options for the discount.

I may get a smart phone when Verizon announces their new tiered data plans this summer. If there's a $10-15 plan I'd probably bite the bullet. I don't need much data as I'm near wifi the vast majority if the time (have it home and work) and mainly just want a smart phone for Apps more than data--wish you could get smartphones without data plans and just use wifi! But if they have a $10-15 plan for 500mb or something I'd probably jump (currently the cheapest Verizon plan is $20).

iPod Touch would be useless for me as I wouldn't carry it around everywhere like I do my phone, so it would end up staying home or in the office like my current MP3 players or my iPad or my Kindle and other gadgets I don't want to lug around since I'm not a hipster with a messenger bag or backpack everywhere I go. :D[/QUOTE]

If you had done the tiniest modicum of research, you'd have found that the VM plan includes 300 voice minutes and unlimited text for that $25/month. But since you're an elitist yuppie prick, you'd never sully yourself to learn about something that appeals to the poor, minorities, tech averse, anyone who isn't like you.

Plus you just looooooooooooove seeing big ol' walls of your regurgitated text, don'tcha?

:roll:

Anyone know if there's a greasemonkey-type thing for Chrome so I can get back to avoiding this enema nozzle's posts, terrible opinions, and near criminal use of ETC?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Wow, just read my PTOM and was surprised the Alice game got such a poor review. 5/10 is a lotttt worse than I expected for it.[/QUOTE]

Surprised, I am not.

[quote name='manthing']If you had done the tiniest modicum of research[/QUOTE]

A modicum is a very small amount.

th_reducto.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']
A modicum is a very small amount.
[/QUOTE]

I put it there to emphasize how little had to be done to find the info. :cool:

It's like he types his 'opinions' in a .doc file, saves the file, opens it up whenever someone posts something related to that opinion, and copy/pastes them into the CAG reply box.

But I'm sure dumass1411 will say he doesn't care about his forum posts, just glances forums, too busy with his work, ETC

[quote name='manthing']If you had done the tiniest modicum of research, you'd have found that the VM plan includes 300 voice minutes and unlimited text for that $25/month. But since you're an elitist yuppie prick, you'd never sully yourself to learn about something that appeals to the poor, minorities, tech averse, anyone who isn't like you.
[/QUOTE]

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

I didn't bother researching as nothing other than Verizon is an option for me due to the need for free in-network minutes (I talk way more than 300 minutes and hardly text), and just assumed it was data plan only given the context of the post. My bad.

But that is a pretty sweet deal for people who don't talk much and/or don't need in-network with Verizon or AT&T people for sure.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Meh, that's only $5 less than Verizon and same as AT&T's 2gb plan.

iPod Touch would be useless for me as I wouldn't carry it around everywhere like I do my phone, so it would end up staying home or in the office like my current MP3 players or my iPad or my Kindle and other gadgets I don't want to lug around since I'm not a hipster with a messenger bag or backpack everywhere I go. :D[/QUOTE]
It's not $25 for data though. It's $25 for 300 minutes and unlimited texts and data. 300 minutes is more than I use every month since I usually text so it's good for me.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']http://kotaku.com/5806861/shes-bayonetta-brought-to-life/gallery/17

Hot damn.

[/QUOTE]
Man, I'd hit it. :hot:

[quote name='shrike4242']I think some people in here need to dial things back a bit.[/QUOTE]
Huh? I thought the GGT's been pretty relaxed as of late. No walls of gifs or anything destructive.

[quote name='diddy310']Add Metro:Last Light/Metro 2033-2 to the THQ list.[/QUOTE]
I saw that! Color me interested, I still gotta play the first game though.

-------
Just got back from selling a shit ton of metal at the scrapyard. fuck, that shit was heavayyyy.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Huh? I thought the GGT's been pretty relaxed as of late. No walls of gifs or anything destructive.[/QUOTE]

You missed it.

[quote name='whoknows']It's not $25 for data though. It's $25 for 300 minutes and unlimited texts and data. 300 minutes is more than I use every month since I usually text so it's good for me.[/QUOTE]

Ah, in that case that's a sweet deal for people who don't talk much!

I'm old fashioned so I talk a lot and barely text, so I'd go broke if I didn't stay on Verizon for the in-network calling with my parents, girlfriend and most of the friends I call regularly. But that's a sweet deal nonetheless.

How is Virgin Mobile's coverage?

Oh dear, someone called the waaaambulance.

:roll:

[quote name='KingBroly']Just completed another Agency Mission in Just Cause 2. I'm having a hard time playing this game due to how damn big it is. I get people like Open Worlds and all that, but there's a limit to how big these things should be, because sometimes it becomes too expansive to be much good.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.

I mean, yeah, you can discover the 'extraction points', but you still end up 1-2 Km away from missions even with those.

[quote name='diddy310']I completed the romance with Merill, but the ending said I was with Isabella even though my Hawke quite clearly hit it and quit it.[/QUOTE]

one of the many bugs of DA2. Apparently it can happen with any of characters.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I want Dragon Age 3 to have Sandal as a party member.[/QUOTE]

he'd completely break the game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']he'd completely break the game.[/QUOTE]He really would. It'd be great to see him fight Flemeth or an Archdemon though. :lol:

"ENCHANTMENT-HAMEHAAAAA"

[quote name='j-cart']I want Dragon Age 3 to actually be a competent RPG instead of a boring highlight reel for the "champion."[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind if they just took the gameplay of DAO and put all the graphics in the style of DA2.

Also, I want to be able to become a Battlemage/Warlock as one of my specializations right off the bat.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Ah, in that case that's a sweet deal for people who don't talk much!

I'm old fashioned so I talk a lot and barely text, so I'd go broke if I didn't stay on Verizon for the in-network calling with my parents, girlfriend and most of the friends I call regularly. But that's a sweet deal nonetheless.

How is Virgin Mobile's coverage?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't talk much at all, only with family usually so it works for me.

They use Sprints towers I think, so it can be hit or miss. The coverage seems good in my area though.

[quote name='seanr1221']
63677.png

Notice Kinect Sports in the tag.

Someone dig up his posts where he says multiple times he will NEVER buy a Kinect.[/QUOTE]

lololol Busted.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Wow, just read my PTOM and was surprised the Alice game got such a poor review. 5/10 is a lotttt worse than I expected for it.[/QUOTE]

Just wait for Duke Nukem Forever to come out and gets a 6.0 :cool:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm interested in playing it, but I expect it to get rated low by the reviewers if it gets over a 7.5 I would be shocked. I'm guessing a 5 or a 6.

All Kinect games are AAA.

One can only stay away from Kinect for so long before it's amazingness lures you in. It's irresistable, so I can't really blame Jer for getting one.

Yeah, Jer was an "AAA or no play" wannabe. :D

But to be fair, it's hard to stick to AAA games only if you're a hardcore gamer as there's only so many a year that come out--especially if you have limited genre interests.

I do a pretty good job of sticking to it this gen, but I'm only playing 7 or so games a year the past few years and spending more time on online games and long WRPGs to keep my gaming schedule filled.

Played too many sub-par games last generation and nearly burned myself out on gaming, so I've focused in more on just playing the games I really want to play this gen.

[quote name='whoknows']I need to start doing that, but I can make myself be interested in almost any game which is a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it took some effort.

I'm not really gaming much less than I did last gen. I'm just taking more time with each game since I've gotten into online gaming, spend some time going after achievements (but only ones that are fun to go after), doing all/most sidequests in RPGs rather than just blowing through the main game etc.

I'm having more fun gaming since I'm taking my time and enjoying games, where as the last couple of generations it started to feel a bit like a chore and just "working" to get through one game to move on to the next one of the shelf.

If it was the same review I've seen then the review wasn't very specific about anything. The only thing I could garnish from the review is that the reviewer found the game a bit repetitive (which if you played the first game shouldn't come as that much of a surprise). Like there was seriously nothing specific about why the game was so bad that it warranted a 5/10 unless by 5/10 they actually meant average which means it was really a 7/10 by most other review standards.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, it took some effort.

I'm not really gaming much less than I did last gen. I'm just taking more time with each game since I've gotten into online gaming, spend some time going after achievements (but only ones that are fun to go after), doing all/most sidequests in RPGs rather than just blowing through the main game etc.

I'm having more fun gaming since I'm taking my time and enjoying games, where as the last couple of generations it started to feel a bit like a chore and just "working" to get through one game to move on to the next one of the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to have to make myself stop buying every new game I want that comes out. I pretty much blow through games and then move onto the next. Im pretty sure though that I'd enjoy the games I play more if I took my time.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I'm going to have to make myself stop buying every new game I want that comes out. I pretty much blow through games and then move onto the next. Im pretty sure though that I'd enjoy the games I play more if I took my time.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

Added perk of doing it that way---a lot of games will drop in price by the time you get around top pick them up.

So you enjoy games more from taking your time and not feeling a need to rush onto the next one, and save some $$$. :D

I always blow through my games because I only get ones I enjoy thoroughly.

Though I beat Crysis 2 fairly quickly because it was so bad it was impressive.

[quote name='diddy310']Playstation The Official Magazine[/QUOTE]

I don't trust them 1 bit after they rated FF IV: Complete Collection a 5/10. PTOM = Jim Sterling in my book.

If it's true though that's sad as I would like to play the original sometime as I never got to before.

If EA doesn't release the original separately as a download next year then that's money they are just letting go down the drain.

Hrm...not sure if I have enough faith in Capcom to do that properly, but if it sticks to the trend of those collections being 40 dollars, then I'm in.

HD Code Veronica and RE4 are download only right?

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Interesting that rumors say that DMC is the next series to get the HD facelift.[/QUOTE]

If that was true capcom would be at least doing something right.

As long as it was on disc and not done half assed.

[quote name='icebeast']If it was the same review I've seen then the review wasn't very specific about anything. The only thing I could garnish from the review is that the reviewer found the game a bit repetitive (which if you played the first game shouldn't come as that much of a surprise). Like there was seriously nothing specific about why the game was so bad that it warranted a 5/10 unless by 5/10 they actually meant average which means it was really a 7/10 by most other review standards.[/QUOTE]He mentioned pretty big plot holes, repetition, and he called the game ugly. I think 5 out of 10 was supposed to be more average than anything and average isn't bad, but I expected better.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I don't trust them 1 bit after they rated FF IV: Complete Collection a 5/10. PTOM = Jim Sterling in my book.

If it's true though that's sad as I would like to play the original sometime as I never got to before.

If EA doesn't release the original separately as a download next year then that's money they are just letting go down the drain.[/QUOTE] I trust them on some stuff, not on a lot, though. Like I totally disagree with them giving Heavy Rain a 10.

As for the original, I'm sure that EA will bring Alice to consoles within the next year as a downloadable, if not I'm sure you'll be able to get a code from someone on CAG for relatively cheap.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Interesting that rumors say that DMC is the next series to get the HD facelift.[/QUOTE]
I SAW THAT! I'm preordering it as soon as they announce price and date next week. :D I SHALL PLATINUM DMC3!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back