GGT 213 is now known as GgT, made by Ninja Theory, and is much improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Indignate']I just found out my friend is an up and coming scene king.

Maybe one day he'll be on Leda's level and be able to introduce me.[/QUOTE]

Rai Rai?

Yep, it's dead. Just tried it with my Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japanese accounts. Oh well, I only really wanted to play it for the soundtrack anyways. I really like the fact that it dubstepifies a song depending on what tricks you do.

Looks like Joel

The_Scene_Aesthetic_-_A_Type_%26_A_Shadow_%282009%29.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']
- New Xeno game
- SMT x Fire Emblem
- Yoshi yarn game like the Kirby one
- New 3D Mario from the Galaxy team
- Wind Waker HD[/QUOTE]

- Don't care
- Hell yeah
- Could be cool
- HELL YEAH
- Hell yeah

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I really don't understand the point, other than "oh hey, I bet we could sell some systems with this, knowing the general praise a lot of gamers have for Wind Waker"...[/QUOTE]

You just answered your own question.

[quote name='ihadFG']
I feel like there's a lot of hate for the WiiU here mainly because it's Nintendo and the successor to the Wii. But honestly, the WiiU already looks to have a lineup that will exceed the Wii within the first couple years. There's more than just the usual rehashes as well. If it was just rehashes, I wouldn't be too excited. A Xenoblade sequel and SMT x Fire Emblem aren't rehashes of the usual nintendo stuff. Neither are both Platinum games. Or Rayman Legends. Pikmin 3 is a sequel to a series we haven't seen since gamecube (and there were only two games at that). If those aren't your tastes then that's fine, but it's a step in the right direction to me after the Wii.
[/QUOTE]

This.

New Vegas DLC Old World Blues introduces a suit of armour voiced by that one .gif that gets posted a couple times a year
z3hNJjT.gif
. It also introduces giant mechanical scorpions - or, as the armour calls them "mean robot bugs", and giant fuck-off laser axes.

[quote name='ihadFG']If those aren't your tastes then that's fine, but it's a step in the right direction to me after the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Anything is a step in the right direction after the Wii.

[quote name='Luxuria']We just have a bunch of emos and old people.[/QUOTE]

Ya.

Wii U is like an abusive ex that walked back into your life. They promise you that they've changed, and everything will be better now, and asks you for another chance. "Remember the good times we had? Remember how much you liked Mario and Zelda games? I promise you I'll give you HD versions of those." And they bring you gifts and try to win you over. "You liked Pikmin. . .Here's Pikmin 3." But people are quick to forget the pain, the anguish, the abuse, all based on the promises that things won't ever be that bad again. Sure, sure, Nintendo. Keep peddling lies and suckering people in. I won't be a victim or a statistic again.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Wii U is like an abusive ex that walked back into your life. They promise you that they've changed, and everything will be better now, and asks you for another chance. "Remember the good times we had? Remember how much you liked Mario and Zelda games? I promise you I'll give you HD versions of those." And they bring you gifts and try to win you over. "You liked Pikmin. . .Here's Pikmin 3." But people are quick to forget the pain, the anguish, the abuse, all based on the promises that things won't ever be that bad again. Sure, sure, Nintendo. Keep peddling lies and suckering people in. I won't be a victim or a statistic again.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like Nintendo truly hurt you last gen.

That Xeno game looks fuckin gorgeous I don't give a fuck.

Maybe it's cuz the last game looked like fuckin shit, I don't fuckin know, I don't give a fuck anyways.

[quote name='distgfx']It sounds like Nintendo truly hurt you last gen.[/QUOTE]
lol Not really. They just lost sight of what they were, went for the quick and easy money instead of making good games, and now they expect everyone to just come back like Wii never happened. Hey hardcore gamers!! Real Nintendo fans!! We didn't forget about you!! Bullshit. :nottalking:
[quote name='Indignate']That Xeno game looks fuckin gorgeous I don't give a fuck.

Maybe it's cuz the last game looked like fuckin shit, I don't fuckin know, I don't give a fuck anyways.[/QUOTE]
Better get a Wii U then.

[quote name='Luxuria']Platinum Games kinda wants to buy the Darksiders IP.

Kinda.[/QUOTE]

I was kinda disappointed nobody picked up vigil and darksiders. Relic going to sega is interesting. I don't know who the fuck koch media is though.

Koch is the people behind Dead Island. Which fucking blew me out of the water. I had never heard of Koch at all until yesterday.

I'm also really depressed that Darksiders didn't get bought. I believe it'll get picked up by Activision or SCEA at some point.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Wii U is like an abusive ex that walked back into your life. They promise you that they've changed, and everything will be better now, and asks you for another chance. "Remember the good times we had? Remember how much you liked Mario and Zelda games? I promise you I'll give you HD versions of those." And they bring you gifts and try to win you over. "You liked Pikmin. . .Here's Pikmin 3." But people are quick to forget the pain, the anguish, the abuse, all based on the promises that things won't ever be that bad again. Sure, sure, Nintendo. Keep peddling lies and suckering people in. I won't be a victim or a statistic again.[/QUOTE]

I wish Nintendo would lie and/or promise some star fox and fzero.

[quote name='ihadFG']I feel like there's a lot of hate for the WiiU here mainly because it's Nintendo and the successor to the Wii. But honestly, the WiiU already looks to have a lineup that will exceed the Wii within the first couple years. There's more than just the usual rehashes as well. If it was just rehashes, I wouldn't be too excited. A Xenoblade sequel and SMT x Fire Emblem aren't rehashes of the usual nintendo stuff. Neither are both Platinum games. Or Rayman Legends. Pikmin 3 is a sequel to a series we haven't seen since gamecube (and there were only two games at that). If those aren't your tastes then that's fine, but it's a step in the right direction to me after the Wii.[/QUOTE]

The bolded is what it comes down to for me. I don't give a crap about platformers really these days, I was long ago burned out on the Nintendo franchises, and I don't like many Japanese developed games. These days it's rare I really get into anything other than WRPGS and FPS games, and obviously the Nintendo consoles have pretty much never had anything worthwhile as exclusives in those genres.

I think even the Wii had a pretty solid game library if you were still into Nintendo franchises and random stuff like No More Heroes and what not. Not much reason to buy one (or a Wii U) for mainstream gamers like me just playing shooters, WRPGs (or sports games etc. that I'm not into).

[quote name='GUNNM']Holy shit Darksiders + platinum games is GOTY already[/QUOTE]
I don't think Darksiders' style would work well with Platinum games. I think it'd do much better if it were owned by Sony so they could mash it up with God of War. Can you imagine how fucking amazing it would be to have Kratos hunt down the Four Horsemen? This is basically begging to be the next Legacy of Kaine/Soul Reaver.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't think Darksiders' style would work well with Platinum games. I think it'd do much better if it were owned by Sony so they could mash it up with God of War. Can you imagine how fucking amazing it would be to have Kratos hunt down the Four Horsemen? This is basically begging to be the next Legacy of Kaine/Soul Reaver.[/QUOTE]
You might be right but if you had told me there would be an action game with MGS involved I wouldn't have believed it.
Emo dante is also the same race of four horsemen hopefully kratos takes his time with him.
I'm still waiting for a legacy of kain HD collection my favorite games on ps. Poor raziel

I always thought an action game in the MGS universe was very plausible because of the art style and the slimness of the main characters. I believe action games tend to be more built around Japanese audiences (Slim main characters that are super fast) and Darksiders doesn't have that at all. While I do think it's gorgeous (

There's still two other horsemen they could explore I guess. Fury is a chick they could do that bayonetta route and just make her some overpowered magic user and strife uses two guns sound like dante? :>

You're right about Fury. She's slim enough to possibly be a draw for the Asian audience, but I'm still not sure what kind of sales they'd get because the bulky art design of everything else in the world. Almost everything looks like it was born out of a 90's Image comic's love affair with super-deformed anime.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Darkstalkers: The Rage WithIn.[/QUOTE]

Damn, Cashcom should just buy Darksiders and Vigil for $5.
Then they can put NT on the next Darksiders game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back