GGT 227 Makes Trash Talking Pro CoD players look like Angry Little Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool
kotaku just made sure I'd never visit their site ever again
stay classy kotaku

fyi im not talking about their amateurish writing talent.
that has to be the most god awful site layout
ever

heellllooooo joystiq

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']cool
kotaku just made sure I'd never visit their site ever again
stay classy kotaku

fyi im not talking about their amateurish writing talent.
that has to be the most god awful site layout
ever

heellllooooo joystiq[/QUOTE]

I don't really use their site but I guess I've been subscribed to their newsletter so I only really ever read the articles that are sent to me, so I'm not really sure how their site used to be laid out, but dear god that is terrible, who could have possibly thunk that was a good layout?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yo, GUNNM, got any tips for the boss gauntlet before Sundowner in R-04 for S-rank Revengeance?[/QUOTE]
Cool I'm guessing you got S on fight 2?

For this battle I played it lame I reloaded the checkpoint if I missed the parry. I would destroy the first bosses weapon and she will always run to a gekko and try to hit you with it parry it and its instant death on her.

Second boss when you sai attack him and break him apart I autolock his head wait till he regroups and then charge the pincers and it almost kills him in one attack it drops him around 40%. And of course wig B always

Yo, MoCi, what setup you running on your hunter? I'm trying to feel out these weapons to get my groove, and I'm actually loving the Hunter's Horn. Trying out heavy bowguns too to try mixing shit up.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Yo, MoCi, what setup you running on your hunter? I'm trying to feel out these weapons to get my groove, and I'm actually loving the Hunter's Horn. Trying out heavy bowguns too to try mixing shit up.[/QUOTE]

Mixing it up between Hammer and Hunting Horn depending on what were hunting/what I'm feeling at the time, I love getting the KOs and stun states, which is why I've been using the paralyzing hammer. Got full Barroth armor on as well currently for the bonus attack + defense, but am going to be working towards the Duramboros set. I started online actually which I guess is around the 3-4 star quests for single player, since I wanted to play with friends and didn't want to do all the boring intro quests (although I've got my farm started somewhat now).

[quote name='MoCiWe']Mixing it up between Hammer and Hunting Horn depending on what were hunting/what I'm feeling at the time, I love getting the KOs and stun states, which is why I've been using the paralyzing hammer. Got full Barroth armor on as well currently for the bonus attack + defense, but am going to be working towards the Duramboros set. I started online actually which I guess is around the 3-4 star quests for single player, since I wanted to play with friends and didn't want to do all the boring intro quests (although I've got my farm started somewhat now).[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'm probably gonna ride solo for a while. Turns out the pre-wife is actually interested in the game. Might grab it for 3DS so we can team up on it for a bit.

Cool, it's still fun solo, just that me and a group of friends all grabbed it to play online. Plus, you can do all of the quests that they made for multiplayer by yourself this time as well since you can teleport to the area without connecting to the network, which is really nice.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Cool, it's still fun solo, just that me and a group of friends all grabbed it to play online. Plus, you can do all of the quests that they made for multiplayer by yourself this time as well since you can teleport to the area without connecting to the network, which is really nice.[/QUOTE]

Oh, for sure. Whole reason I wanted to play on Wii U over 3DS was to be able to hop online eventually. I played a little bit of Tri online, but totally missed that train. Also didn't have any buddies playing.

You guys mic up when you play? I'm still figuring out this console. Does the gamepad have a mic built in?

[quote name='linkpwns']I can only assume you guys are talkin about that Monster Hunter. I heard it's nice.[/QUOTE]

Yessir. Fun stuff. I haven't really gotten into one since Freedom Unite on PSP.

I tried the demo on the 3DS. Seemed like the kind of game I'd rather play on a console. Haven't played Monster Hunter since the original back on PS2.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Oh, for sure. Whole reason I wanted to play on Wii U over 3DS was to be able to hop online eventually. I played a little bit of Tri online, but totally missed that train. Also didn't have any buddies playing.

You guys mic up when you play? I'm still figuring out this console. Does the gamepad have a mic built in?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we just use the built in game pad, and I use earbuds with it since I'd rather hear through those then the controller itself. There's also a sensitivity option in the menu so you can set how strong of a sound it picks up in case you have a busy/noisy background, which is nice.

[quote name='linkpwns']I'm probably gonna get it for 3ds when I get one...[/QUOTE]

While it's still fun on the 3DS, IMO it controls much better on the Wii U and there is no online on the 3DS version, which kind of sucks if that's what you would be getting it for.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Oh, for sure. Whole reason I wanted to play on Wii U over 3DS was to be able to hop online eventually. I played a little bit of Tri online, but totally missed that train. Also didn't have any buddies playing.

Yessir. Fun stuff. I haven't really gotten into one since Freedom Unite on PSP.[/QUOTE]

Well, that definitely kills any interest... not that I was going to get a WiiU anyway.
MHFU was a waste of $10 hard earned dollars. I played the intro to learn the mechanics and see how everything worked, and even with the Vita's second analog stick to control the camera, I found it not to my liking. Too slow, no lock on, and I was hoping combat would be a little more... action-ish?

[quote name='GUNNM']Finally a riddick 3! So many unanswered questions now will be answered![/QUOTE]

Are you in a media blackout zone or something? Very old news. :p

[quote name='GUNNM']So did you get an S while taking dmg frost?

I answered your question btw[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured out you can do it that way if you're fast enough -- problem was I must've hit retry at some point instead of title -- or even worse, just the death cost me a save and upped the time... so I was only able to get a B.

Luckily, I've been rotating backup saves on slots 2 and 3... so I reloaded my save 3 (just after the 1st garden fight). Save 2 was a backup of after the 2nd fight in the lobby and won't be overwritten until I get an S on r04.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the timing for the parry on that Mistral attack -- I usually end up blocking it, but I think I jump the gun cause those little bastards swarm me and I don't want to get grabbed..

[quote name='Luxuria']:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchIi-vR_js[/QUOTE]

I almost clicked it.
Then I saw it was Adam Sessler and stopped caring.

Alpha Protocol isn't too bad. Pretty straight-forward without much in the way of sidequests. Enemy AI isn't too bright, which makes combat kinda easy, but mission layouts seem well-done. The story is straight-up whack, but so was the story on Alias, so I guess that's par for the course for spy stories nowadays. But I will say its the best spy RPG I've ever played. (admittedly, the only spy RPG I've played, soooo.....)

[quote name='Krymner']Alpha Protocol isn't too bad. Pretty straight-forward without much in the way of sidequests. Enemy AI isn't too bright, which makes combat kinda easy, but mission layouts seem well-done. The story is straight-up whack, but so was the story on Alias, so I guess that's par for the course for spy stories nowadays. But I will say its the best spy RPG I've ever played. (admittedly, the only spy RPG I've played, soooo.....)[/QUOTE]

One of the most underrated games of the gen. Someone on Joystiq recently wrote an opinion piece calling it the new Deus Ex.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, that definitely kills any interest... not that I was going to get a WiiU anyway.
MHFU was a waste of $10 hard earned dollars. I played the intro to learn the mechanics and see how everything worked, and even with the Vita's second analog stick to control the camera, I found it not to my liking. Too slow, no lock on, and I was hoping combat would be a little more... action-ish?
[/QUOTE]

I can see those issues. The hunts get considerably more action packed, but the fundamentals of the game are pretty etched in stone. It's definitely nowhere near some of the more polished hack/slashes out there. Generally it's hunting in a party environment, chucking bombs, laying traps, attacking around your buddies that really bring the excitement. Game's always had a cool way of emulating "the hunt" as far as whittling down opponents goes. Can get to be a war of attrition pretty often.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, I figured out you can do it that way if you're fast enough -- problem was I must've hit retry at some point instead of title -- or even worse, just the death cost me a save and upped the time... so I was only able to get a B.
.[/QUOTE]
I equip the polearm when you destroy her weapon she jumps back quickly use polearm to kill the gekkos she'll always grab one even if you kill them all and then wait for her attack make sure you're close or she'll throw it

[quote name='panzerfaust']and the original Bioshock also sits at 95 as one of the highest rated games in history.

lol[/QUOTE]
Sounds about right to me. Though I actually think the second game was better than the first.

I loved the first one. Second one was just as good but if you're gonna play as a big daddy I expected to be a hulking mass of immovable mass but I was just a dude with a drill weapon

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Sounds about right to me. Though I actually think the second game was better than the first.[/QUOTE]

I can at least understand people docking the story in comparison to the first game--though frankly, I still enjoyed the hell out of 2's. As far as gameplay mechanics go though, I can't think of anything BioShock 2 didn't do better than BioShock 1.

[quote name='panzerfaust']and the original Bioshock also sits at 95 as one of the highest rated games in history.

lol[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I agree with the lol or not.

I need Hank's input on this.

[quote name='GUNNM']Big sister's were pretty fucking cool[/QUOTE]

Definitely, dude. That moment when you save the last sister in an area and hear that shriek never got old for me. I always melee-fought Big Sisters too. Made shit feel way cooler.

Guys, 2.0 drops on April 9th (with early access to RotHC) and officially the digital expansion of Rise of the Hutt Cartel drops on April 14th!

Gay planet for everyone!

[quote name='Luxuria']:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchIi-vR_js[/QUOTE]
I love Adam Sessler. My hype is crazy high for this game. I can't wait to play it tomorrow.

As for the Bioshock talk: I loved Bioshock 1 and I loved Bioshock 2, but I wish Bioshock 2 had been the game they had initially said it was with the Big Sister stalking you the entire game.

I got that Infinite on pre-loaded. Gonna play a shit load of SWTOR until the servers go down tonight, then it is Infinite time!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I wish Bioshock 2 had been the game they had initially said it was with the Big Sister stalking you the entire game.[/QUOTE]

Big agree.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I remember doing the don't touch the sand part of the game due to the fact that I was around that part at the same time as one of my friends and I was able to get past it on like my first try, and he kept doing it and swears he never touched the sand but still to this day has not got the achievement, good times! I agree that you don't mess with Barney, me and him fought ourselves a lot of aliens back when I used to play Sven-Coop a lot (although evil Barneys were the worst!).[/QUOTE]
yeah I have no idea what I was doing wrong.

Barney has a great personality and is loyal. great voice actor too... though atm I forget who it is.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hey guys im cleaning my house anyone wanna help?
Beer included!
Maybe pizza too.[/QUOTE]
depends on when and where.

sadly I have hashimoto's and am gluten intolerant so the pizza and beer are most likely out. (very few gf beer brands. dominos believe it or else, has a decent gf pizza.)

Baww, I enjoyed the shit out of Dishonored.

Wondering about this Infinite season pass. I know I'll end up buying whatever they put out. I should prolly just pull the trigger tomorrow.

Gwen you ever visit that mall in atlanta that security guard protected until he was arrested and fired?
[quote name='ActionKazimer']Baww, I enjoyed the shit out of Dishonored.

Wondering about this Infinite season pass. I know I'll end up buying whatever they put out. I should prolly just pull the trigger tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
You don't want 33% savings on DLC? You a mad man?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I've got the points. I'd be dumb not to. Ordinarily I chill to see what the DLC's gonna be, but just having "BioShock" in the name has already sealed the fate of my spacebucks.

[quote name='GUNNM']Adam sesslar had no place on the new GQ G4TV? what[/QUOTE]

That's because he says stupid things so GQ doesn't want to people to think they employ stupid people.

Remember on the old g4tv when stupid people were funny? Then they took this whole video game review thing too serious and got their own channel cancelled? good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back