GGT 235 Something Something Inside Joke

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']yo but buttons are totally stiff on new controllers right?

i just got the lara croft controller and its stiff[/QUOTE]

umm well i bought many guitar hero guitars and usually the buttons are smooth and not stiff. if its stiff then its no good bro

ive never played guitar hero

all i know it was never opened
and the dude wanted me to pay for return shipping
which i cant even do so I said no lol

its been sitting around for like three years so idk

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHz28e7VkI

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusic

tumblr_mlo40mVMz41qcmin4o1_1280.jpg

imagine how much money she could make if she took the clothes off not on
indignate alone could pay her rent
or at least a months supply of magic eyebrow markers

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I didn't care for the story, I thought it was kind of generic/average... but I thought the gameplay was fun. I liked the squad mechanic and it made it better than every CoD I ever played because I could actually give them basic directions.

And yes, buy RE4 HD.[/QUOTE]

I din't think I've ever seen the GGT have a unanimous opinion like this.

I prefer either local or Papa John's. The Dominos around here is some of the worst food that I've ever had and the Pizza Hutt is almost as bad.

papa johns is ultra bad
their pizza tastes like human suffering

last time I ordered papa johns it took two hours to be delivered
i tipped the guy two bucks and he cussed at me w/ a dirty look
shit was so bad I didnt even call in

Last edited by a moderator:
You might as well argue over a favorite among the COD series.

Just STFU and eat your greasy cheesemeatbread, you fat bastard.

Phantom Dust was easily one of my favorite Xbox games, used to play the local vs with my buddies, we still reference it to this day as the "chuck a rock" game, great times.

It's been a while since I played through with a main build for online/single player. Didn't that game have some random ability selection option? Or it might have just been the prebuilt ones or something, but I remember when I'd play with my friend we would always just choose at random each battle to change it up so that we wouldn't end up using the same few abilities every round.

[quote name='MoCiWe']It's been a while since I played through with a main build for online/single player. Didn't that game have some random ability selection option? Or it might have just been the prebuilt ones or something, but I remember when I'd play with my friend we would always just choose at random each battle to change it up so that we wouldn't end up using the same few abilities every round.[/QUOTE]

You can create a random deck of all the abilities that you owned.

There were enough skills in the game that you wouldn't be playing with the same abilities every round. I had an environment deck, self killing deck, pure deflection deck, melee only deck, range deck and the special deck.

Melee and range deck builds were super fun. Just playing keep away or in your face was all part of the fun.

[quote name='j-cart']You can create a random deck of all the abilities that you owned.

There were enough skills in the game that you wouldn't be playing with the same abilities every round. I had an environment deck, self killing deck, pure deflection deck, melee only deck, range deck and the special deck.

Melee and range deck builds were super fun. Just playing keep away or in your face was all part of the fun.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, that's probably what we used for our local sessions then. Sounds like you got more into it then I did when it came to the deck building side of things, when I did make them for the story mode or playing with randoms online I remember just using stuff I liked and didn't really go for any specific themes, but I was pretty young when it came out so I probably really didn't care all that much either, and if I played it now I could see myself getting more into that.

Man, I might have to see if my buddy want's to do some local battles in that some day here, I know it's backwards compatible since I remember playing it on my 360 a while back and it was still fun as always, but I didn't have anything unlocked and didn't get too far through then.

You're welcome, Hank. I meant to throw in my copy of Kakuto Chojin but I forgot :whistle2:(

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i want that mask but shit looks so dirty[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's old as shit. It actually is from the Ivory Coast and was handcrafted by some native. Fairly sure it's haunted.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think I just covered everything too.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='BlueScrote']I din't think I've ever seen the GGT have a unanimous opinion like this.[/QUOTE]

Buy RE4.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']pizza hut is disgusting[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, I used to work there, I highly advise you guys against ever eating it again.

I could really go for some thick Chicago-style pizza. Wish there was a pizzaria around here that could make a good one.

Playing Heavy Rain now. Should I switch to using the Move controller or stay with the Dualshock?

[quote name='MoCiWe']Gotcha, that's probably what we used for our local sessions then. Sounds like you got more into it then I did when it came to the deck building side of things, when I did make them for the story mode or playing with randoms online I remember just using stuff I liked and didn't really go for any specific themes, but I was pretty young when it came out so I probably really didn't care all that much either, and if I played it now I could see myself getting more into that.

Man, I might have to see if my buddy want's to do some local battles in that some day here, I know it's backwards compatible since I remember playing it on my 360 a while back and it was still fun as always, but I didn't have anything unlocked and didn't get too far through then.[/QUOTE]

I don't play game half way, unless its SWTOR. I just make alts...

[quote name='Krymner']
Playing Heavy Rain now. Should I switch to using the Move controller or stay with the Dualshock?[/QUOTE]

Having plat Heavy Rain and played with both DS3 and Move, the Move controls actually works extremely well. Warning though, the Move does not enhance the gameplay, because there really isn't any gameplay ;)

[quote name='j-cart']
Having plat Heavy Rain and played with both DS3 and Move, the Move controls actually works extremely well. Warning though, the Move does not enhance the gameplay, because there really isn't any gameplay ;)[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks. I'll charge up my waggle wand and play around with it tonite.

[quote name='j-cart']But Microsoft Game Studios made Phantom Dust...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q9GSqj-0Nk

I don't think the gaming world could handle another Phantom Dust. Too much awesome cannot be contained onto a disc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MoCiWe']Phantom Dust was easily one of my favorite Xbox games, used to play the local vs with my buddies, we still reference it to this day as the "chuck a rock" game, great times.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-cart']I was all about that self damaging build.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MoCiWe']It's been a while since I played through with a main build for online/single player. Didn't that game have some random ability selection option? Or it might have just been the prebuilt ones or something, but I remember when I'd play with my friend we would always just choose at random each battle to change it up so that we wouldn't end up using the same few abilities every round.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-cart']You can create a random deck of all the abilities that you owned.

Melee and range deck builds were super fun. Just playing keep away or in your face was all part of the fun.[/QUOTE]

Some people have been comparing Soul Sacrifice to Phantom Dust. If Phantom Dust was this good, I'm sad I missed it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Remember when Microsoft used to make games? Me neither.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOuK4rketM&feature=youtu.be[/QUOTE]

I want to see Major Nelson made into Pizza the Hutt along the lines of the Keighley Doritos Pope.

Phantom Dust was the fuckin bomb.

Major Nelson doesn't even give a fuck anymore.

"I never had to get off this couch so we can get obese, son! Epidemic status."

What was awesome about Phantom Dust was that you didn't have a generic "attack" button. The face buttons were tied to the abilities that you pick up. I remember having this one deck build where you can destroy picks, to prevent your enemy from ever obtain their abilities With each new round, your abilities reset and you have to retrieve them again. There was some lore mumbo jumbo about this, but think Quake Arena style gameplay.

Phantom Dust was the shit and it was all I played the summer before I went off to college.

[quote name='j-cart']What was awesome about Phantom Dust was that you didn't have a generic "attack" button. The face buttons were tied to the abilities that you pick up. I remember having this one deck build where you can destroy picks, to prevent your enemy from ever obtain their abilities With each new round, your abilities reset and you have to retrieve them again. There was some lore mumbo jumbo about this, but think Quake Arena style gameplay.

Phantom Dust was the shit and it was all I played the summer before I went off to college.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of how Soul Sacrifice is -- you set your abilities for Square, Circle, Triangle and can pick 6 before a battle. You only get x amount of uses depending on the level of the ability. You and fuse or boost abilities to make them better/stronger/etc. In order to get more uses, you have to find things in the arena to drain and "recharge" your abilities some.

[quote name='Indignate']Uraiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizen!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/24/blazblue-director-details-chrono-phantasmas-two-new-characters/

l_517639ef8c4ea.jpg
l_517639f041996.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yuki Terumi looks badass.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That's kind of how Soul Sacrifice is -- you set your abilities for Square, Circle, Triangle and can pick 6 before a battle. You only get x amount of uses depending on the level of the ability. You and fuse or boost abilities to make them better/stronger/etc. In order to get more uses, you have to find things in the arena to drain and "recharge" your abilities some.
[/QUOTE]

That sounds cool, but Phantom Dust's gameplay was purely arena to arena (it totally had destructible environments on Xbox).

Is Soul Sacrifice an extend RPG or arena/instance based? I think the fun that was in Phantom Dust was that everyone round you started with no abilities. You had to go get them first and hope that you didn't draw your super uber ability first or else you would have no means to use it.

Phantom Dust is basically what would happen if they were to make an actual Magic The Gather Video game and I use to be super in Magic, like $400+ deep into Magic. Also fuck Magic, at least I got a majority of my money back from that game. Talk about the original pay to win game.

/edit: Oh fuck that, Soul Sacrifice is an Inafune game. That is practically a must buy. And a red PS Vita?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/soul-sacrifice-out-march-2013-in-japan-6401084

I want. Hank buy this for me.

tumblr_mbqkocsqzb1r9rzqno1_500.jpg

Blizzcon tickets go on sale tonight. #excite

I might have my Vita back by next week (friend managed to rush through P4 in a week somehow). Excited. Have to try the demo, though.

[quote name='j-cart']That sounds cool, but Phantom Dust's gameplay was purely arena to arena (it totally had destructible environments on Xbox).

Is Soul Sacrifice an extend RPG or arena/instance based? I think the fun that was in Phantom Dust was that everyone round you started with no abilities. You had to go get them first and hope that you didn't draw your super uber ability first or else you would have no means to use it.

Phantom Dust is basically what would happen if they were to make an actual Magic The Gather Video game and I use to be super in Magic, like $400+ deep into Magic. Also fuck Magic, at least I got a majority of my money back from that game. Talk about the original pay to win game.

/edit: Oh fuck that, Soul Sacrifice is an Inafune game. That is practically a must buy. And a red PS Vita?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/soul-sacrifice-out-march-2013-in-japan-6401084

I want. Hank buy this for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's Inafune's first Sony game. It's ridiculous, I love it. I've put over 35 hours into the demo.

It's like... Folklore meets Monster Hunter meets Dark Souls.
It's ridiculously awesome. I always liked the idea of Monster Hunter after playing FF13 with the hunting/quests -- then I got my Vita and played MHFU and did not care for it. Soul Sacrifice fixes all my problems with it (combat depth, speed, etc.)

[quote name='distgfx']So... Kagura is basically a charge character? That's what I took from his explanation. Kinda wish he went as in-depth with Terumi.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, makes me less excited for him. Charge characters aren't my forte.

From what I understand, Terumi will have more DDs than actual moves. Sounds like his drive attack will help build meter faster.

[quote name='Indignate']Yeah, makes me less excited for him. Charge characters aren't my forte.

From what I understand, Terumi will have more DDs than actual moves. Sounds like his drive attack will help build meter faster.[/QUOTE]

That would make more sense for Terumi. My prediction was that he would have ex moves, but this is more likely.

[quote name='distgfx']That would make more sense for Terumi. My prediction was that he would have ex moves, but this is more likely.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think he'll have so many DDs that they'll sort of be like EX moves, like you say -- if they're saving the chain stuff for his special attacks and everything will use heat... it sounds like he's going to build meter like crazy if he can hit so he can style like a pro on people. Sounds really execution heavy -- can't wait to see what you do with him. Especially if his gameplay looks half as bad ass as his concept art up there. :)

bread's done
Back