GGT 237 is going to celebrate May the 4th Be With You

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Looked it up Snakey, and apparently you need to boot up BL2 and look in the Shift section after winning the Poker Night 2 stuff to unlock it. The themes on PS3 are apparently kinda glitchy so it depends on if you'll unlock them or not.[/QUOTE]

kk sweetie, lemme know when u guys are gonna play CAH ^_^

[quote name='BlueScrote']Are Sly 2 or 3 any good? Apparently I've already purchased 1 (and its the only game I've actually played to completion on PS2).[/QUOTE]

Hard to say, I platinumed the collection and I didn't like 2 or 3 as much as the original. I preferred the classic type gameplay to what they became in the later games.

That said, I'm still taking a chance on PS3 Sly 4 since it comes with the Vita game as well for

yo dudes, got dat money yo, what should i get?

88coLTL.jpg

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Oooh, good call. Might have to join you on that.[/QUOTE]

Vita version is supposedly a visual downgrade but runs decently -- it was $13 and I thought about getting just it... or waiting for a disc version new for

Thanks, Hank. Though I just noticed that because I asked for you to swap out the "can't see enemy right beside me" picture, the pronoun gender is now wrong.
[quote name='j-cart']Crotch's XCOM picture also reminded me how annoying it was that we couldn't get the "drop" on aliens, because of their additional move upon finding them. Also, it's the future, why can't I have UAVs to scout with?[/QUOTE]
You can kinda-sorta. Battle Scanners can reveal enemies without activating them, which lets you target them with either squad-sight snipers or rocket launchers. Battle scanners are really fucking buggy though (see slideshow), so there's a point off that strategy. Enemies are also revealed if you manage to accidentally damage them without seeing them. Case in point: I just accidentally revealed a pack of mutons by missing a shot against a floater, hitting a vehicle behind them. When the vehicle blew up on the next turn, it damaged the unseen mutons standing next to it, revealing but not activating them. Finally, sometimes you just flat-out see enemies on the edge of your vision without activating them (this usually involves them teleporting, in my experience) simply because the game is buggy as shit.

Srsly though, the patrol/activate mechanic in Enemy Unknown is dogshit. The game's a lot of fun, but that is a fucking stinker right there.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Has anyone ever used a Swarm Host in competitive play, crotch? What a boring unit.[/QUOTE]
I see a fair number of swarm host sieges in ZvP. Nydus in front of the natural, shit out a bunch of swarm hosts, and start bashing in the front door. Send queens through the worm for anti-air, transfusion, and a bit of creep spread. Spores can supplement queen anti-air and give a bit of detection against observers until you can bring overseers in. If the siege really drags out, add vipers for pull. If the protoss counters/drops you (which he fucking well should), split a few swarm hosts back through the nydus for defence.

There were a couple swarm hosts in one of the Life vs Flash games last night, but they didn't do too much.

EDIT: Pure ling into three-base ultras is the Big New Thing in ZvP, though.

Thought you switched to terran, anyway?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The newest Batman costume for Injustice is going to be free in the compatibility pack next week! WOOOO![/QUOTE]

hnnnnnnggg---hnnnggg.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hard to say, I platinumed the collection and I didn't like 2 or 3 as much as the original. I preferred the classic type gameplay to what they became in the later games.

That said, I'm still taking a chance on PS3 Sly 4 since it comes with the Vita game as well for

Is that a heart attack of excitement?

[quote name='BlueScrote']

Started RE4 today. The first hour is so good.[/QUOTE]
The whole game is good.

The thread title is very fitting, one of the best ones yet!

[quote name='GUNNM']Yes games usually range from 150-200 points and last a couple of weeks(or a month). Don't think they expire I've had mine for a year I hit gold status(not sure what I do with said status yet) when I bought mega man 3. ^__^[/QUOTE]

If you hit gold status, the prize has been like a desk calender every year so far, but if you make it to platinum before they reset the yearly amount you get to pick between 2 different prizes usually, like last year was a deck of cards or a poster set. I've hit platinum every year so far and got a Mario hat, a Mario/friends statue, a Mario pin collection, and a varied poster set.

[quote name='GUNNM']
The whole game is good.[/QUOTE]

This is a true statement

Might not always be Mario stuff, like the poster set was Skyward Sword, Luigi's Mansion, and Kid Icarus. But yeah, a lot of it is Mario, this year is "the year of Luigi" though, so it might be a Luigi prize if you hit platinum, if you still with gold though the calender is usually a different game for every month I believe.

Well then the swag will indeed be hitting the road! All first-party stuff, hasn't been a third-party prize before so I doubt they will do it this year :p

[quote name='The Crotch']
Thought you switched to terran, anyway?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just saw Swarm Hosts for the first time and was confused at what the threat was.

Few matches away from gold, though I still haven't stepped outside the comfort zone of Marines/Medivacs. I know I'm going to actually need to learn this game eventually.

They're very much a ZvP unit at this moment. Anything that requires detectors in a straight-up engagement is really threatening for a protoss, on account of the extreme fragility of the observer and the high cost of the oracle. See also: mass cloaked ghost in late-game TvP, with scans and vikings to snipe observers.

[quote name='Luxuria']Seems like the PS+ is giving us Sleeping Dogs, Pinball Arcade, Knytt Underground, and Blazblue for the Vita. ^_^[/QUOTE]

I got Knytt, its boring as shit and i paid 15 for it. Sleepin dogs is so 2012. blazblue? yuck. i ain't missin nothin on ps plus.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']blazblue? yuck.[/QUOTE]

fuck you.

I didn't mean that, the Vita port might be shit.

Uraizen? Is the Vita port of your least favorite edition of your favorite fighting game franchise shit?

Can those with a Blazblue Vita copy play with those on the PS3?

The new FOB is pretty good. Nice mix of Patrick's solo work and FOB.

[quote name='Indignate']Joel, I finally got around to listening to the Fall Out Boy album in the last week.

It's pretty good.[/QUOTE]
Yay! I'm glad you liked it! :D I loved it.

Man, trying to get all of the cheevos in Blood Dragon and the VHS tapes are super glitched. I can't pick up number 12 no matter how hard I try.

[quote name='Indignate']fuck you.

I didn't mean that, the Vita port might be shit.

Uraizen? Is the Vita port of your least favorite edition of your favorite fighting game franchise shit?[/QUOTE]

The Vita port is perfect.

[quote name='Luxuria']Can those with a Blazblue Vita copy play with those on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Can't wait till SCV is free on PS+.[/QUOTE]

I'll play the shit out of SCV with you guys if they do that. I miss having people to play that one with. Game vanished off the face of the Earth.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I'll play the shit out of SCV with you guys if they do that. I miss having people to play that one with. Game vanished off the face of the Earth.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame, because it's damn good.

[quote name='distgfx'] No.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. Well, I'm down to play with those of you that have it on the Vita then. ^^

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I picked up Ratchet and Clank FFA, we should do some online bro ^_^[/QUOTE]
I'm down, but I don't have it yet because I'm brooooke.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I'll play the shit out of SCV with you guys if they do that. I miss having people to play that one with. Game vanished off the face of the Earth.[/QUOTE]
You should get it again. Hank, Frosty, and I still have our copies. We just played it not too long ago.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's a shame, because it's damn good.[/QUOTE]
True. And you're godtier at it.

[quote name='Luxuria']That's a shame. Well, I'm down to play with those of you that have it on the Vita then. ^^[/QUOTE]

I'll screw around with you on Vita sometime. PSN is Uraizen

GGs Luxxy. I'm really digging Naoto right now. Elizabeth is alright too but I keep mixing up all her damn supers.

Learning Aigis right now. It's going well.

[quote name='distgfx']I'll screw around with you on Vita sometime. PSN is Uraizen[/QUOTE]

Oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back