GGT 237 is going to celebrate May the 4th Be With You

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Indignate']GGs Luxxy. I'm really digging Naoto right now. Elizabeth is alright too but I keep mixing up all her damn supers.

Learning Aigis right now. It's going well. [/QUOTE]

GG. ^_^ Yeah, I love Elizabeth. I wasn't able to pull off any of the combos off on you, but she feels really nice. Setting up Mahamaon or Mamudoon can be a bitch.

[quote name='whoknows']PSA: Iron Man 3 was shit.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Got it.

Watching it next week.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

I knew it.

Not that it was shit, I'm watching it tomorrow.

But I knew that you went to watch it tonight.

[quote name='Luxuria']Setting up Mahamaon or Mamudoon can be a bitch.[/QUOTE]

I totally tried to hit you with Mahamoon and threw out a Mamudoon instead :roll:

I have to learn her supers.

Holy shit, there's a mod that removes all the voicework from Xcom. Why the fuck didn't I install this earlier?

EDIT: Also, j-cart, please tell me why CCP's WoD MMO will be lame and dumb and bad.

That is all.[/QUOTE]
I didn't want to say anything but yeah it was not that good.
Wtf Mandarian wasn't real? The villain hated tony starkk because he didn't talk to him? horrible

The only cool thing was the
Hulk buster

Jesus has xray vision and can see through spoiler tags my bad dawg you still have cinco de mayo to look forward to

Just curious for those of you who didn't like Iron Man, are you guys fans of the comic line/character outside of the movies really? Or are you more into that Universe because of the modern films and such? Just wondering since I've heard various different things about the movie from both sides, I'm going to go see it this weekend myself no matter what since I already have a ticket for it, but just like to see how other people think.

[quote name='GUNNM']Jesus has xray vision and can see through spoiler tags my bad dawg you still have cinco de mayo to look forward to[/QUOTE]

lol Yes, I did click on them. But after Iron Man 2, I wasn't expecting much.

I'll watch it for free while in a drunken stupor. :bouncy:

[quote name='MoCiWe']Just curious for those of you who didn't like Iron Man, are you guys fans of the comic line/character outside of the movies really? Or are you more into that Universe because of the modern films and such? Just wondering since I've heard various different things about the movie from both sides, I'm going to go see it this weekend myself no matter what since I already have a ticket for it, but just like to see how other people think.[/QUOTE]
Whoknows reads comics, but I wouldn't let that factor into your ideas about the movie much. I've had people who are fans of the character/comics and friends who aren't both love and hate the movie. It's pretty crazy seeing the amount of people on my Facebook that went to see it and hated it (so far I've seen more people come out in favor of the movie though). Looks like it's easily one of those you love it or hate it type of movies.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Whoknows reads comics, but I wouldn't let that factor into your ideas about the movie much. I've had people who are fans of the character/comics and friends who aren't both love and hate the movie. It's pretty crazy seeing the amount of people on my Facebook that went to see it and hated it (so far I've seen more people come out in favor of the movie though). Looks like it's easily one of those you love it or hate it type of movies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's kind of the vibe I've been getting as well, very mixed opinions since they seem to be really good or really bad, not a lot of middle ground. I'll definitely still go see it though as I said, was just interested in seeing if that could have played a factor or not. I'm usually a lot more easily impressed then many people when it come to movies/games though so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it.

[quote name='GUNNM']Never read the comics. Its a lot better than 2 I'll give it that[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, and yeah I figured it would at least be better then 2 so that's something I guess lol.

[quote name='The Crotch']Holy shit, there's a mod that removes all the voicework from Xcom. Why the fuck didn't I install this earlier?

EDIT: Also, j-cart, please tell me why CCP's WoD MMO will be lame and dumb and bad.[/QUOTE]

Find me a mod that allows me to get the jump on the aliens, or able to build UAVs.

I can't find anything wrong to say about WoD other than, Vampires. However if anyone is going to be able to change the MMO genre, it's CCP.

The mod that I'm using (Toolboks) has an "aliens don't move until after Xcom's turn" option. I don't use it, because as fucking dumb as it is, it's what the game's balanced around. And fuck your UAVs, I just wish SHIVs/HWPs weren't so god damn terrible.

I really don't give a shit about MMORPGs in general, and WoD feels like a weird choice, but CCP definitely makes it more interesting than it should be. Shoulda been werewolves, though.

[quote name='GUNNM']Never read the comics. Its a lot better than 2 I'll give it that[/QUOTE]

I can't decide if it's better than 2 or not. IM2 was pretty bad, but at least he was in the suit during that movie. He's hardly in it at all in IM3.

Also his anxiety attacks were stupid, made no sense, and felt forced.

Also
the Mandarin.
What a waste.

[quote name='whoknows']hardly in it at all in IM3.
.[/QUOTE]
I didn't want to post anything about this but yeah that was pretty fucking disappointing. Seriously its like that starfox game where starfox is walking the whole game and yes its better than two.

[quote name='GUNNM']I didn't want to post anything about this but yeah that was pretty fucking disappointing. Seriously its like that starfox game where starfox is walking the whole game.[/QUOTE]

Kinda felt like Transformers to me with how hard they were trying to make it a comedy. Except Transformers learned and toned it down as the movies went on.

That and
The Mandarin
were such huge disappointments for me. I was expecting it to be pretty good from the trailers, but it's not. Such a letdown. The trailers were a lie!

Next is Star Trek though. I hope that is actually as good as it looks.

[quote name='whoknows']Kinda felt like Transformers to me with how hard they were trying to make it a comedy. Except Transformers learned and toned it down as the movies went on.

That and
The Mandarin
were such huge disappointments for me. I was expecting it to be pretty good from the trailers, but it's not. Such a letdown. The trailers were a lie!

Next is Star Trek though. I hope that is actually as good as it looks.[/QUOTE]
I don't know much about the manadarin but I read about him a bit before this movie and they basically just shit all over that and yes the jokes were so forced. I don't remember but there a couple of touching scenes that were ruined by forced one liners.
I'm excited for the new star trekwars movie

Having a movie based around Tony Stark more then Iron Man, while not the worst idea, doesn't sound like something you would want to do for the third movie in a trilogy where that could change up the style of the series overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially since these movies come out once every 2-3 years. It would be an interesting comic seeing how tony deals with his PTSD but don't think it would be a good idea for a full movie but what do I know its getting good ratings at rottentomatoes.

[quote name='GUNNM']
I don't know much about the manadarin but I read about him a bit before this movie and they basically just shit all over that and yes the jokes were so forced. I don't remember but there a couple of touching scenes that were ruined by forced one liners.
I'm excited for the new star trekwars movie[/QUOTE]

I don't know much about him either, but I expected
some unstoppable bad guy that Tony Stark would barely be able to win against, instead we got some no name guy. One of my complaints with the first two was that they used lame bad guys. I thought they'd finally gotten it right with this one, but nope.

I felt like I wasted my time watching it.

At least we have Man of Steel to look forward to. That's going to be a much better comic book movie than IM3. :D

Pacific Rim is going to be the best movie this Summer though.

btw this malicious game is pretty great its like if el shaddai was made by a better game developer it would be called malicious

I honestly can't see Godzilla 2014 being as good as Pacific Rim. Especially since the director seems to be stupid since he said something along the lines of he doesn't see the appeal of Godzilla fighting other monsters and that it's going to more about the humans.

I don't give a fucking shit about the fucking humans. I watch a god damn Godzilla movie to see motherfucking Godzilla not some shitty ass humans that I want Godzilla to step on.

I was talking about pacific rim I had no idea they announced a new godzilla. Plus the godzilla with that sex in the city chick wasn't technically over. There was still an egg alive at the end of the movie

There's a good amount of movies coming out this summer that I want to see, not sure if I'll be able to see all of them but Pacific Rim, Star Trek, and Man of Steel are a few of the ones I do want to see.

Well they did. It's coming out next year.

Pacific Rim looks like the movie I've been waiting to see my whole life.

[quote name='MoCiWe']There's a good amount of movies coming out this summer that I want to see, not sure if I'll be able to see all of them but Pacific Rim, Star Trek, and Man of Steel are a few of the ones I do want to see.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to see then all at midnight showings probably.

Iron Man 3 did not get the Summer movie season off to a good start, so I'll pretend G.I. Joe was the real start since that was better.

Robots vs monsters with hot asian girls doing stuff. Yup looks good
[quote name='MoCiWe']There's a good amount of movies coming out this summer that I want to see, not sure if I'll be able to see all of them but Pacific Rim, Star Trek, and Man of Steel are a few of the ones I do want to see.[/QUOTE]
Yup ST + MoS for me and whenever james cameron starts his battle angel alita movie. :(

[quote name='panzerfaust']But the original Godzilla was just the monster vs humans. Isn't that the best one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the others that are just Godzilla vs humans are nothing special.

Godzilla fighting another monster is the way to go. I like it when he fights 3 others and destroys them.

Because he can.

I also like when he kills the humans just for fun.

[quote name='whoknows']

Also Cameron said he's only doing Avatar movies now.[/QUOTE]
I know ;(

Before he did avatar he said he would do battle angel alita next but this was pre-most money made for a movie cameron.
[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, but the others that are just Godzilla vs humans are nothing special.

Godzilla fighting another monster is the way to go. I like it when he fights 3 others and destroys them.

Because he can.

I also like when he kills the humans just for fun.[/QUOTE]
When did godzilla heel turn from killing a bunch of japanese to helping them?

[quote name='GUNNM']I know ;(

Before he did avatar he said he would do battle angel alita next but this was pre-most money made for a movie cameron.

When did godzilla heel turn from killing a bunch of japanese to helping them?[/QUOTE]

What a sell out. Should boycott Avatar 2.

And Godzilla goes back and forth. Sometimes helps and sometimes he doesn't and sometimes even though he kills a monster which is technically helping he only did it because he wanted to kill the other monster.

We're discussing the meta thoughts of godzilla j-cart no one wants to see that shit.

Have you seen the AVGN godzilla video?

There should be a Fast & Furious and Godzilla crossover where Godzilla and Vin Diesel stage a robbery together then spend their money in Vegas while running away from the cops.

I didn't know they were making another Godzilla movie either, I agree that the movies are better when he fights another monster, just gives them a better overall feel.

[quote name='The Crotch']So... Eternal Darkness is getting a pseudosequel?[/QUOTE]

Huh, that looks kind of interesting. Looks like it's going to be a kickstarter campaign then? Wonder what systems it will come out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back