GGT 241 The One stop Station where MS/Sony help Nintendo win the future

[quote name='MoCiWe']
8 people? Wow, I was just planning on trying it out with a small group of friends, that might not happen if that's the case....[/QUOTE]

There is plenty of content where you don't need a full party to play, but the whole point of an MMO is to roll around with a party. FF MMOs usually has very nice people that are willing to help out others.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']While I can understand their issues with the game, I don't think copying the first game is necessarily a bad thing. My most favorite part was probably the colored armors. They were so fucking awesome that I preordered just to get the special colors. Really, really hoping for a new one for Xbone. It would probably be the biggest temptation for me since I think I've had enough Halo for a while and I don't think Rare's going to drop a new Conker on the system.[/QUOTE]

I never played Conker, but based on the general love the net has for it, I would be interested in a next gen sequel if MS now owns the IP. That'd be brilliant. Not quite KI3 if done right, but still better than Banjo or Perfect Dark or Viva Pinata for me.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I never played Conker, but based on the general love the net has for it, I would be interested in a next gen sequel if MS now owns the IP. That'd be brilliant. Not quite KI3 if done right, but still better than Banjo or Perfect Dark or Viva Pinata for me.[/QUOTE]
I think they do? They did have Rare put out the remake on the OG Xbox. It was a fun game and it was pretty funny at the time. Then again, I haven't played it like, a decade.

I've played plenty of MMOs in the past before, but I never really get that into larger groups things. I like being in guilds and such though, I usually play in smaller groups and sometimes solo but I like the social aspect of them a lot as well. The two I played the most/longest were Star Wars Galaxies and EverQuest 2 (which I still play every now and then), one of my friends is getting a computer that can run some of the newer games so were gonna go through and try a couple of them out sometime soonish here.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']no u[/QUOTE]

NO! YOU! >.

Oh man, Mirror's Edge 2 was listed on Amazon.de today. I hope it does happen. The original was great IMO.

As for FFXIV Reborn - I tried out the Beta and thought it was kind of lame. I guess it is an improvement from the original, but I know I don't see myself trying it out. Kind of been looking for a new MMO.

[quote name='Luxuria']Oh man, Mirror's Edge 2 was listed on Amazon.de today. I hope it does happen. The original was great IMO.

As for FFXIV Reborn - I tried out the Beta and thought it was kind of lame. I guess it is an improvement from the original, but I know I don't see myself trying it out. Kind of been looking for a new MMO.[/QUOTE]

It's also rumored to be a Xbox One exclusive with some Kinect stuff, so who knows. I really liked the first one though and will definitely watch out for info on that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, but I think that means I have to deal with shipping and wait for mail carriers. :p[/QUOTE]

You don't have a BB or GS location close by?

[quote name='MoCiWe']It's also rumored to be a Xbox One exclusive with some Kinect stuff, so who knows. I really liked the first one though and will definitely watch out for info on that.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

I am way too out of shape for Kinect Mirror's Edge 2. The original was good, but I will pass on any motion control sequel. I imagine a lot of running in place and jumping off the sofa?

Might give FF14 a shot if the PS3 version is under $30 with a free month, but I would prefer an open beta to try it out first.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You don't have a BB or GS location close by?[/QUOTE]

I avoid shopping B&M whenever possible.
I can't tell you the last time I was in a GS. I went to bestbuy recently to pick up "in-store pickup" solely because if I had taken the free shipping it would have shown up while I was out of town, so it was worth the hassle of stopping in to the store.

Generally, my rule says to shop online whenever possible, especially since I have Amazon Prime.

[quote name='MoCiWe']It's also rumored to be a Xbox One exclusive with some Kinect stuff, so who knows. I really liked the first one though and will definitely watch out for info on that.[/QUOTE]

That would make 0 sense for it to be "exclusive". It might have "exclusive" kinect features (barf) but if the architectures are similar on the new consoles and EA can easily triple the audience for it by releasing it on PS4 and PC, MS would have to pay them a lot of money for exclusive rights. As to why they would do so for a franchise that wasn't a smashing success and is a third party seems ridiculous.

[quote name='Luxuria']:cry:[/QUOTE]

See above. Doesn't seem likely to me.

[quote name='Luxuria']I hope Ninja Theory announce DmC 2 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

What's tomorrow?
If Heavenly Sword IP was owned by NT, I could see them getting money-hatted by Nintendo (Betrayonetta 2) or MS for console exclusivity, but I don't think you're getting your wish, friend-o.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Generally, my rule says to shop online whenever possible, especially since I have Amazon Prime.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. Saves time, money, gas and frustration.

It's a mixed bag. Sometimes GS has hot chicks who bend over and show you their thong-a-thongthongthong when getting you a game (those never work there very long unfortunately), and sometimes they have utter douchebags who jadedly mouth the corporate policies like sad robots when stiffing you on trade-ins.

Yeah probably my least favorite gamestop moment was walking into one to ask if they had Ocarina of the for 3DS a couple days after it was out. If the douchebag manager had just said they were sold out, np. But then he had to go on extolling the virtues of pre-ordering for like 5 minutes before I had enough went down to best buy and picked up a copy there.

[quote name='gunm']It's a mixed bag. Sometimes GS has hot chicks who bend over and show you their thong-a-thongthongthong when getting you a game (those never work there very long unfortunately), and sometimes they have utter douchebags who jadedly mouth the corporate policies like sad robots when stiffing you on trade-ins.[/QUOTE]
Gamestops here love hiring hot chicks that have no clue what they are talking about. Except for this one Asian chick that tried to tell me about Sonic CD while I was playing it on a tablet there. I thought to myself "Bitch, I was playing this game before you were conceived."

The chicks I usually see working at GS nowdays are overweight and unattractive.

The hot chicks last a month maybe before they get tired of lame gamer dudes staring at their rack.

Haven't been to a GS since Jan 2012 when I got pissed during the Xbox hacking incident and traded it in for a PS3. Before that I hadn't been in like 3 years--got Metroid Prime 3 in a trade in promo.

I get most of my games from Amazon. Occasionally Target if I impulse by something when shopping for other things. Maybe Bestbuy.com or New Egg for a good deal.

BK-VeBZCcAE5SXV.jpg:large
BK-VvkGCEAE9ErL.jpg:large
BK-WzzZCIAIOS2e.jpg:large

My Gamestop has a fat girl who dresses like a whore. Short skirts, fishnets, hooker boots and more makeup than Bozo the clown. She shakes her big 'uns when she is asking me to preorder something.

I was there a couple weeks ago, and they have the used PS3 games in a corner. I stood there for less than 10 seconds perusing the selection and a large woman customer comes over and says "Excuse me!" in a rude tone. At first I just glanced over at her with a questioning look, wondering what her problem was, then she said "I would like to look at the used PS3 games!" again in a rude tone. I just pointed to them and said "There they are" still not sure what her problem be. Then she said "Can you move out of my way so I can see them?" Again, very rude tone. I shook my head, " There they are," I said again, still not seeing the problem. I know the shop is small, but there was enough room for us both to look at the game rack, even with her large butt. She called me "Asshole" then left the store.

The moral of this story is Gamestops are too damn small for fat girls.

I haven't been to a Gamestop in a while, I've been to a couple around where I live though and haven't any real problems. I will say that the worst one I've ever been to is back when I lived in New York City and went to the one at the 34th St. Herald Square stop (not the one directly across the street in the Manhattan Mall, that one was alright) and they had a two story store where the floors were separated by console and you were forced to go through the line on the floor with the console game you wanted otherwise you'd wait through a line to be told you had to go wait in line downstairs or upstairs (I think pre-orders may have been handled the same way). Once you'd gone there enough you knew which checkout you had to go to, but till then it was a bit annoying. That place was always mob city too unless you got really lucky and picked a random time when there wasn't a massive checkout line.

Yeah, most of them have already expired, plus I like a challenge, gonna keep playing as level 1 Jill until the enemies start ignoring the little bullets.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, I didn't like that so much when I watched it on Netflix and I love Dead Space.

--

halo-hola.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The OT17 halo gaf thread got locked and was forced to make a thread in off topic community titled "HolaGAF"

Raid gets a lot more interesting when you move to the next difficulty. I'm level 19 and still sticking with Jill. Her character attributes are super good.

Dat reload time is freaking awesome with Jill. I am only level 5 still, but I'll dive deeper into the game later next week.

This weekend I will be in VEGAS!

I'm going to San Jose for Fanime this weekend, finished my Syndra cosplay as well, so I'm going to be rocking that with my friends who are also doing League of Legends characters.

Ugh broke a bone in my ankle. Whelp time to really work on that backlog. At least when my wife isn't playing Rune Factory...

[quote name='Erad30']Ugh broke a bone in my ankle. Whelp time to really work on that backlog. At least when my wife isn't playing Rune Factory...[/QUOTE]

Inquiry: What mistake did you make to hurt such a portion of your body?

Statement: This droid laughs at this human meat bag's ability to hurt such body parts.

Ok so we have a handicap ramp in our backyard because my mother-in law is in a wheelchair. My wife asks me to go outside to keep an eye on our fire pit while she is doing something outside. There is a huge commotion with cops several blocks up, I'm watching that, not watching where I'm going, next thing I know I've fallen off the ramp and am just screaming in pain til my wife sees what happened and helped me back inside.

Confirmed. This happened Tuesday night and I went to urgent care yesterday. I got a temporary cast an have an appointment next Wed to get a more long term cast, possibly a boot and get an estimate of how long the healing process will take, most people are saying 6 weeks

Broken bones heal really fast, you wont be in it for long.

Now you got more reason to game it up and eat ice cream all day!

I'm sure I'll be buying it because my wife is a gigantic batman fanatic. Worries me that there was no gameplay in that trailer though.

bread's done
Back