God of War:Ascension Out Now

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TYC8MI

510QLRpBsQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I really like that box art and the trailer definitely peaked my interest. I'd rather see a sequel than a prequel, but I have zero doubts that this will be amazing. God of War is one of my favorite series so I can't wait for this.

[quote name='cjacks9']I was kinda alright with series ending with III. I felt like it had run its course. Also, III didn't enjoy playing it as much as the first two.

There was one thing that nagged me about III, one of the last cut scenes with Zeus telling Gaia that "perhaps you should have chosen the other one", referring to Kratos' brother perhaps.[/QUOTE]
That's where I thought they would've went with the next game instead of further milking the Kratos mythos by doing a prequel that supposedly may be before the PSP one(s). Although I didn't play those since I haven't yet borrowed my buddies' copy of the Origins HD compilation.

Either way, I'm all out of enthusiasm for this series. I might buy this game during a Blockbuster BOGO or 5/$25 assuming they're still around by the time this drops to those prices.;) But paying much more than $5-15 for it ain't gonna happen from me.

No release date in the trailer...I guess this is March 2013? I wonder what exactly Sony will have ready for this holiday on PS3. Only Little Big Planet Kart comes to mind at the moment, and maybe that rumored Title Fight game.

I love me some God of War. Even though the CAG in me tells me to wait a couple months for a price drop. I just cant. I know this game will be awesome and I have to have it on release day. Quality of this series and the setting (Greek Mythology) are a must have for me.

This is an interesting idea... I kept thinking that they're going to move forward with the series but going back actually makes more sense because now they still have access to all the gods and the world hasn't ended.

But part of me wonders why they would go back... granted, after GoW3, it would be hard to go forward. So maybe this is some kind of time thingy where this omnipotent being (you know there's one, or why else would Athena exist) asks Kratos to go back in time and fix things. But Kratos is all like, "Aw Hades naw!" but then this omnipotent being says, "but you can save your daughter/wife/mother/brother". And...

*Kratos puts on sunglasses*

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

[quote name='kiwimonster']Hmm looks awesome. I have yet to even play any of the God of War games. I need to start lol.[/QUOTE]

theres really no excuse since all 5 games are really cheap

The CAG in me probably won't let me buy this at full retail, but I will definitely be playing it on release day somehow. I'll probably just rent it or something and then wait for a nice sale at a later date.

[quote name='The 7th Number']As long as i dont have to fight Zeus.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

The trailer didn't move me. But, like others, I'll play it at some point.

Side note: I can never watch NCIS: LA without thinking, "It's the God of War lady!"

[quote name='8bitArtist']theres really no excuse since all 5 games are really cheap[/QUOTE]

Only reason I haven't is I just picked up a Ps3 in December after my xbox died on me for the 5th time. I've been plaything through all the sony exclusives and having a blast.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Did you really have to make two posts?[/QUOTE]

You could argue that your post is just as useless as him making two posts in a row.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You could argue that your post is just as useless as him making two posts in a row.[/QUOTE]

So lets add more fuel to the fire. Geez people are dumb

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatmanforlife99']So lets add more fuel to the fire. Geez people are dumb[/QUOTE]

The difference is, I'm not complaining about people posting more than once.

I don't see why people are complaining about this being a prequel. IMO this is the best way to go. I'm tired of Kratos engaging obscure Gods... (he's battled most of the good ones).

I'd like to see a mortal kratos with his army... I'm talking going way way back

its more god of war like it or not its going to sell like crazy. it makes sense them doing this last one on ps3 as a prequel since im sure theyd like to release any other sequels on the ps4 or something. like zelda i wish theyd do a gow set in the present or future fighting monsters and gods in present day cities would be cool.

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't see why people are complaining about this being a prequel. IMO this is the best way to go.[/QUOTE]

In any other situation it'd be friggin' awesome, but this series has already had two prequels. I'm sure it'll still be great, I was just hoping for something we hadn't seen before, a completely fresh take on GOW. Part of me wanted to see them run with that whole present day idea that they did in the scrapped ending, if only just to see how they would do it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The difference is, I'm not complaining about people posting more than once.[/QUOTE]

I posted twice because I didn't see the other post until AFTER I made my initial post. Is it really that big of a deal regardless? I'll delete my other post if it'll help you sleep at night.

I really hope thats not the real release date. I'll have borderlands 2, bioshock infinite, and Resident evil 6 all to play close to that time frame

[quote name='kiwimonster']I don't will wait for all those games drop sub 10 on steam then ill buy.[/QUOTE]

You may be waiting for a while.

[quote name='razrvamp']I really hope thats not the real release date. I'll have borderlands 2, bioshock infinite, and Resident evil 6 all to play close to that time frame[/QUOTE]

I hope its released during this year, the sooner the better i say. If you have those games to play then wait on buying GOW until you do have time, and maybe by then it will be cheaper.

[quote name='Tsel']I posted twice because I didn't see the other post until AFTER I made my initial post. Is it really that big of a deal regardless? I'll delete my other post if it'll help you sleep at night.[/QUOTE]

I think you quoted the wrong person.

[quote name='wrencrest']I love me some God of War. Even though the CAG in me tells me to wait a couple months for a price drop. I just cant. I know this game will be awesome and I have to have it on release day. Quality of this series and the setting (Greek Mythology) are a must have for me.[/QUOTE]Not sure if your RZ silver though, but by the time this comes out you'll have 60 days to pm which pretty much makes that decision for you since you'll always have the best of both worlds.

[quote name='Tsel']The CAG in me probably won't let me buy this at full retail, but I will definitely be playing it on release day somehow. I'll probably just rent it or something and then wait for a nice sale at a later date.[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im sorry but was vita even mentioned or hinted at? Not sure why its in the title.[/QUOTE]cross play was mentioned going forward with 1st party top sellers from Sony some time back. Uncharted being a launch title wasn't able to do this but obviously GOW will have time. My guess would be that they save that news for E3(if it doesn't leak) & there's a huge lack of blockbuster sellers for PSVita...it just makes sense.

I'm probably one of the few who feels this way, but I'm sort of pissed that they're making a prequel and not GOW4. GOW3 sorta kinda ended in a cliffhanger and I was hoping to find out what happened. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I'm probably one of the few who feels this way, but I'm sort of pissed that they're making a prequel and not GOW4. GOW3 sorta kinda ended in a cliffhanger and I was hoping to find out what happened. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.[/QUOTE]Maybe they'll make it up to you buy having GOW IV being a PS4 launch title of EPIC proportions.

IMO a prequel is not good idea. Kratos w/o icarus wings is not the same as Kratos w/ wings. After finishing GoW 1/2/3, it was hard playing Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta on the PS3. I was so sick of GoW by then. Kratos needs a double jump but that is going to be hard ot explain in a prequel.

Yeah im kind of curious what this game is going to be about. Kratos with no red stripe, no blades, no wings, no nothing except maybe some spartan spear and shield? More importantly, no gods to kill? I mean im sure they can come up with mythological creatures to kill, or other human armies. It just doesnt sound as cool in my head.

I'm still buying this game, even if the story is not that great (was it ever?). Can't wait to see what Sony Santa Monica studios can do to push the PS3 to its limit like they did for the PS2 with God of War 2. In it for the graphics, and awesome gameplay. :D

I personally don't think Sony will ever kill off Kratos, he is basically the main mascot for PlayStation, like Halo is for Microsoft, and Mario for Nintendo.

wallpaper517915.jpg

wallpaper1818252.jpg

[quote name='Enuf']Not sure if your RZ silver though, but by the time this comes out you'll have 60 days to pm which pretty much makes that decision for you since you'll always have the best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

It isnt even a discussion with myself really, I was just throwing it out there that it doesnt make financial sense to buy games on release anymore. But, I will buy this game on release due to the reasons I mentioned, unless they somehow fuck it up. Which is highly unlikely. Sometimes you just have to spend money on things you really enjoy. I still really enjoyed playing through the first 2 games in the collection. The mythos and everything is just so badass.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just hope there arent any stupid MP trophies. Ive got platinum trophies for all god of war games and dont intend to stop.[/QUOTE]

It seems like this game is MP focused... or at least, they're only showing the MP for now.

I'm not sure I like this direction. Usually when a SP series begins focusing more and more on MP, the SP ends up deteriorating. On the other hand, this sounds fun as hell since I don't think there are too many melee based MP games out there. Plus, that Cyclops looks... so damn real.

Well in the video they made it sound like it was a SP game with MP added. But it wont take away from the SP experience that we are used to. Hopefully that is the truth.

They showed the mp because it is something new to the series. They will show and tell us a lot more about the sp at e3. Hopefully we will get a release date too.

bread's done
Back