Golden Halo Avatar Armor For watching the Presidential election

[quote name='PottyPops']You need to download the Live Event Player app. It should be in the app market place.[/QUOTE]

I am not seeing this. Is it hiding from people in beta?

[quote name='yamayama']The prizes for the U.S. Halo 4 Mountain Dew / Doritos contest have been revealed.

This is the avatar item. No cool looking armor. :( Only 1000 available but I'm sure this will be available on the marketplace if it isn't already. The other prizes can be seen at dewxp.com
[/QUOTE]
That is a different promotion than the Golden Avatar Armor.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I am not seeing this. Is it hiding from people in beta?[/QUOTE]
I heard elsewhere that it only shows up for download when there is an event about to happen. Try checking tomorrow before the debate (@ 9pm - 10:30pm EDT) to see if it shows up then. When I tried to access it before the Repub & Dem conventions it didn't show up to DL until the 1st day of the RNC.

[quote name='PottyPops']That is a different promotion than the Golden Avatar Armor.

I heard elsewhere that it only shows up for download when there is an event about to happen. Try checking tomorrow before the debate (@ 9pm - 10:30pm EDT) to see if it shows up then. When I tried to access it before the Repub & Dem conventions it didn't show up to DL until the 1st day of the RNC.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, I will try. Thank you. :D

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I am not seeing this. Is it hiding from people in beta?[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I had just started the beta a few days before the RNC, so the dashboard beta should have no impact on having access to the Live Event Player.

Live Event player is up. Downloading it in hopes i can use it.
It runs no errors. Its gotta countdown 18 hours or so to go. Hopefully all it requires is a US silver account and not gold and its not ip locked.

"Tune in today and make your country proud!" Really?

Hopefully, I remember to do this. Another good thing about have 2 xboxes.

I'm not even sure if I want to even bother with this. I have points from last year that are still pending. Also form the looks of things I have won 4 things in the VIP and didn't even know it. I never received an email about it and don't even know what I won. I know it was not the big prize so I'm guessing it was one of the prizes at the bottom of the lists that over 100,000 people won.

[quote name='pandiosity']Eligible members who watched 3 of the 4 debates for 30 minutes or more each will receive an email containing a token redeemable for a Halo 4 Warrior Armor from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on or around 11/1/2012

for more information:
http://majornelson.com/2012/10/02/xbox-invites-you-to-be-a-part-of-the-first-ever-live-interactive-tv-presidential-debate/

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#election-2012[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this!

I'll watch for 31 minutes, hopefully that's not long enough to fry my brain and fill me with rage.

[quote name='pandiosity']Live Event player is up. Downloading it in hopes i can use it.
It runs no errors. Its gotta countdown 18 hours or so to go. Hopefully all it requires is a US silver account and not gold and its not ip locked.[/QUOTE]

I spoke with a rep at MS and she stated gold is not required. You do have to be a member of the XBox Rewards.

[quote name='musha666']I dont know how anyone would watch this rubbish for nothing. Its more lowbrow than Jerry Springer. But for free armor.. maybe have it play with the tv off :) Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
F.D.R. Would kick you in the nuts for even thinking such a thing.

few more minutes and the whole debates suppose to be running.

Politics and gaming don't mix.
Its like alcohol and muscle relaxant, not a good idea boys and girls.
Play nice. :)

[quote name='pandiosity']it looks like i can view it from Canada of course using a US account.[/QUOTE]

If you read the FINE PRINT on the offer link, it lists the countries that are eligible. You don't have to be in the U.S. to participate.

Anyone else seeing that? ...or am I reading it wrong?

Canadians are eligible.

I'm logged in and the event app. isn't working. I'm watching on TV right now.

Open to residents of the 50 United States (including District of Columbia), United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Italy, and Spain, 13 years and older. See Terms and Conditions for details. © 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. This site is hosted for Microsoft by ePrize, Inc.

[quote name='D0RC']You need to watch it live right?[/QUOTE]

Seems that way. At least 30 minutes of 3 out of 4 of the debates they will show over time.

EDIT: Oh, I do like the voting and real time updating of it.

Most of the time streaming video is region locked to US only.
Also you can't access the election app without a US account.

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#election-2012

A. Any Xbox LIVE Rewards member in the United States who watches 3 out of the 4 presidential and / or vice presidential debates on Election 2012 on Xbox LIVE for 30 minutes or more each will receive a Halo 4 Warrior Armor for their Avatar.

Im watching right now I'm in Canada through on a US account.
So this may or may not work

TXboxGuY the thing your quoting does not apply to the Elections 2012 offer.

It's still asking me for a gold account. Oh well, I'll watch it on tv and I always have my eggman outfits.

Yeah, you have to have gold and have signed up to the rewards account to be eligible.

[quote name='USD']How long do you need to watch it for?[/QUOTE]
Says in the FAQ on the site you must watch 30 minutes of 3 out of the 4 that will broadcast.

Debate coverage on the following dates in real-time from 9-10:30pm ET (6-7:30pm PT) on Xbox LIVE:
10/3
10/11
10/16
10/22

So 30 minutes of each of the 3 you choose to watch. 30 minutes now and then 30 minutes on the next one and so on and so forth.

[quote name='Carbonite']Yeah, you have to have gold and have signed up to the rewards account to be eligible.

Says in the FAQ on the site you must watch 30 minutes of 3 out of the 4 that will broadcast.

Debate coverage on the following dates in real-time from 9-10:30pm ET (6-7:30pm PT) on Xbox LIVE:
10/3
10/11
10/16
10/22

So 30 minutes of each of the 3 you choose to watch. 30 minutes now and then 30 minutes on the next one and so on and so forth.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny. I'm using a silver account right now, and watching the election and getting all those weird blue pop ups asking me stuff.

[quote name='pandiosity']Thats funny. I'm using a silver account right now, and watching the election and getting all those weird blue pop ups asking me stuff.[/QUOTE]

You vote and then you see what everyone else is picking and you can watch it change as more people vote.

Anyways, I am pretty sure it said you can only get the avatar outfit if your a gold member. I don't see that on the site but I am pretty sure it said that in the dashboard before I started watching. I could be wrong and I don't want to leave out and check it since I want to make sure to get credit.

[quote name='pandiosity']Thats funny. I'm using a silver account right now, and watching the election and getting all those weird blue pop ups asking me stuff.[/QUOTE]

same. i guess you just have to be an xbox rewards member.

Got bumped out anyways. So I checked it. Yeah, don't have to be gold.

It just says "Only Xbox Live Reward members are eligible."

[quote name='pyoobez']Anyone else have their feed cut out and saying the server isn't available?

Got my thirty minutes in, but still.[/QUOTE]

Same. I think its back up now though.

feed cut out here to. but I'm in canada.
I think I got 30 minutes. i started at beginning, so do I have to try again?
nevermind backup.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']same. i guess you just have to be an xbox rewards member.[/QUOTE]

No, he most likely got in through a glitch or mistake. I have silver and I'm a rewards member. I can't even download the app, it tells me to sign up for gold. And it's reasons like this why I let my gold expire and never bothered to renew. Hilarious. "We want the younger generation to be informed and make a conscious voting decision this November that will affect our country, possibly even the world. After they give us their monies, of course."

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I got those 30 minutes in. I just switched to real TV when it cut. Next time I'll just leave it running in the background.

Switched accounts and now logged-in watching the empty stage and crowd milling about.

I hope this will count towards my 30 min. if they leave the feed up that long. :razz:

Yes, two accounts with Xbox LIVE Rewards.

Funny tweet of the night . . .

‏@Justin_Stangel So now the phone lines are open. America can vote & tomorrow night @RyanSeacrest will announce the winner #debate2012

EDIT: Just a heads up. They are actually replaying the debate on the LIVE Player now. Could be your chance if you missed out earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TXboxGuY']EDIT: Just a heads up. They are actually replaying the debate on the LIVE Player now. Could be your chance if you missed out earlier.[/QUOTE]

You need to watch the debate Live in order to be included in the reward.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']You need to watch the debate Live in order to be included in the reward.[/QUOTE]
Never know with ms.....

bread's done
Back