Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

[quote name='Malik112099']Of course they would. Why would Sony say something like that without at least a current gen racing sim out there? So yes, if Sony said they were king of the racing games everyone would be like "where the fuck is your game?"[/QUOTE]

btw Where the fuck is their game? At this point, anybody in the PD building should be working on the game. Hell even the janitor can pitch in. I want GT5 this year, but if PD isn't ready I respect that. Yamauchi is the Miyamoto of cars. I respect that fact that he's passionate and has an attention to detail. GT5 I think is going to be a celebration of racing, whereas Forza 3 is just another game in the series.

[quote name='Thomas96']btw Where the fuck is their game? At this point, anybody in the PD building should be working on the game. Hell even the janitor can pitch in. I want GT5 this year, but if PD isn't ready I respect that. Yamauchi is the Miyamoto of cars. I respect that fact that he's passionate and has an attention to detail. GT5 I think is going to be a celebration of racing, whereas Forza 3 is just another game in the series.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it is a good celebration, not an overhyped shitty one...

[quote name='Malik112099']Hopefully it is a good celebration, not an overhyped shitty one...[/QUOTE]

lol if it sucks we'll call it Gran Turismo 5: Alan Wake Edition

j/k you know people are talking about this game now because of E3, but honestly, the hype is probably going to die down. The release date is still set for a brisk TBA.

[quote name='laaj']Kaznunori himeself have stated damage physics might not make it to GT5. You don't think that doesn't fit "unable to evolve"? And yes PD have passed the baton just by not even showing up for the race (pun :p). It doesn't matter how good GT5 will be because until it actually gets released, Forza 3 will be on top of the hill even with the gimped wheel support.[/QUOTE]
So it's not talking shit in your opinion because you take the guy's words as fact... apply that same logic to other things. It doesn't matter if its true or not, what matters is the guy said it.

Anyways GT 5 will probably have damage and even if it did not, damage is not the biggest things in terms of evolving a racing game. I'd think career structure overhaul, AI, online features, number of opponents, etc are more important.

So you think they passed the baton straight into Turn 10's hands because they didn't rush GT 5 to market like Forza 2... yes Forza 2 was rushed when you see what they have achieved with Forza 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonna laugh when this game has over 1000 cars and then the Forza people are like "But we can paint and stuff...."

GT is the ONLY true racing sim out there. Forza is closer to Burnout than GT.

[quote name='smiggity']GT is the ONLY true racing sim out there. Forza is closer to Burnout than GT.[/QUOTE]

You have no clue what you're talking about.

http://www.guerillaplay.com/blog/?p=2365
There is suppose to be another feature coming to GT5 like customization. In this feature you’ll be able to get on the actual web browser ‘m assuming through the games browser and go to an online store and purchase different car parts like engines, mufflers, exhaust pipes and such. And the cool thing about this is that they will be actual manufacture parts with actual specs as if you were really buying it for your own car. You’ll also be able to mix and match different parts to make you car top notch. This will be the first time we see real official car parts from real manufactures make available in GT5 for a great customization experience. These features are apparently being discussed and if these features make it into the final game then this will be huge.

[quote name='laaj']Anyone thinking NASCAR and WRC features will be very light? Because if GT5 becomes "THE" NASCAR and WRC racer then holders of NASCAR and WRC rights might find it difficult to sell those licenses in the future. Like no more annual EA's payment to NASCAR for example.

Fun reading about PD checking out Forza 3 and taking notes during E3: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/turn-10-polyphony-checked-out-forza[/QUOTE]

I doubt it because the more games that use the license the more money that they will make.

[quote name='menikmati']You have no clue what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]Agreed. GT is the best driving simulator out there. Forza is the better racing simulator.

[quote name='Thomas96']I doubt it because the more games that use the license the more money that they will make.[/QUOTE]

Yes the series' rights holders will like that but not EA. Inclusion of NASCAR to GT5 will impact sales of EA's annual NASCAR series. Which means EA will demand lower lincesing fees to make up for lost sales.

EA's exclusive contract ends this year and they're not even putting a game out, so I'm guessing that they've gotten the message after seeing NASCAR in GT5.

I've been a GT whore since the very start. GT5 though is getting old fast. I'll probably still get it, but I'm pretty much looking forward to FM3 more. Not to mention the fact that GT5 is done they are just dragging their feet to release it...

GT5 is prolly far from "done". Modeling of one single car takes them about 100 days or more. And I'm sure they're trying to add extra features to make the game more enjoyable (Movie mode, in game chat in online races, private online races..). I just think GT5 will worth the wait cuz the old GT never fail to surprise me. FM3 in fact is still arcade-ish imo. Though it still a good racing game/sim.

In wonder how many people are waiting to get a ps3 just for this. I had a conversation with one of my friends, hes not really a gamer, but is a movie whore like me and i knew he had a blu-ray player, but didnt know it was a ps3. He said he only owns one game, GT5: prologue. He said he bought the ps3 and not a stand alone blu-ray player, just for gt5 when it comes out. I wonder how many people are like him. I hear the word system seller used a lot, but I dont really think it works that way, except in Japan and the 360 rpgs. Except for this game, I can actually admit I think it'll sell more ps3s.

[quote name='laaj']Yes the series' rights holders will like that but not EA. Inclusion of NASCAR to GT5 will impact sales of EA's annual NASCAR series. Which means EA will demand lower lincesing fees to make up for lost sales.[/QUOTE]

They can demand, but it doesn't mean that it will be granted. Also, EA isn't going to drop the license. If anything, GT5 having that Nascar License may force EA to have to justify their product. GT games come out once every 5 or 6 years. So... its not GT5 is going to hurt that many versions of Nascar. They've had the monopoly on the series for a long time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']EA's exclusive contract ends this year and they're not even putting a game out, so I'm guessing that they've gotten the message after seeing NASCAR in GT5.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely going to help GT5 sales. Its the only NASCAR game on the market. I think that PD has the right formla. There might not be enough to make a stand alone Nascar, or a stand alone WRC game, but if you put them all together w/ the regular GT5 racing then it makes for a very complete package.

As a not a fan of oval racing (if you can even call it racing), is NASCAR feature on GT5 work outside of US and Canada? I just can't see players from Europe and Asia will be happy about PD "wasting" time on it. But something like American Le Mans could have made more sense for world wide audience.

P.S. I do watch some NASCAR especially the road track races.

Damn this thread was buried. Almost started a new one. Here is the latest GT5 info that was apparently removed from the PD website.

BREAKING NEWS: Just released via Polyphony Digital’s website (the article seems to have been removed – let the conspiracy theories begin!). Thanks to Black Chamber for the complete translation!
August 18, GamesCom, held in Cologne, Germany:
Gran Turismo 5 has been announced! Here is the latest information on the game design: ■ models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]
Courses
60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed
physical simulation of vehicles
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model
Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle
GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test
Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube replay output
Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)
Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
Progressive Download
Improved
user interface
Continuous Play for videos ■ Museums
The
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS ■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)

Damn 1000 cars I called it. Thats nuts. Game is gonna be ridiculous! Also head tracking?? WTF? Could be cool I guess. The online setup sounds legit too

Yeah this info makes up for the lack of info during the press conference. I needed my pen and paper translator guy lol.

Just give me a release date and info if they are making a special G27 wheel. I skipped the DFGT so I need a new wheel. If no special I will just get a G25, the regular G27 isn't worth the extra upgrades for me.

I'm suppose to be really excited, but I've gone though this so many times... I don't care anymore.

Hopefully, it's a good enough reason to keep my ps3...

[quote name='MisterBee']Yeah this info makes up for the lack of info during the press conference. I needed my pen and paper translator guy lol.

Just give me a release date and info if they are making a special G27 wheel. I skipped the DFGT so I need a new wheel. If no special I will just get a G25, the regular G27 isn't worth the extra upgrades for me.[/QUOTE]
You mean this guy?
[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/sony-translator-still-doesnt/320260[/media]
lol

Yeah, the G27 doesn't look that much better than the G25. 4 extra buttons on the wheel and a light for rpms? Who looks at their wheel while driving?

I can say having the G25 is great, but you won't get much use out of it if you're using it for the PS3, not that many compatible games.

I'm extremely impressed with the package... the damage. not so much... there's some damage but its not very comprehensive. It seems scripted... looks almost like the damage from the previous video (w/ the same rally car). Also, Thank goodness that there's custom soundtracks..

[quote name='option.iv']You mean this guy?
[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/sony-translator-still-doesnt/320260[/media]
lol

Yeah, the G27 doesn't look that much better than the G25. 4 extra buttons on the wheel and a light for rpms? Who looks at their wheel while driving?

I can say having the G25 is great, but you won't get much use out of it if you're using it for the PS3, not that many compatible games.[/QUOTE]

Of course, that guy is awesome, it was funny seeing him walk around with Kaz at the Goodward Festival of Speed.

The G25/G27 would get enough use with GT5, but now that I have a decent pc (once I upgrade the video card/power supply) I can also try some pc sims out.

The next detail Kazunori touched on was regarding damage models. I can confirm that not every car in Gran Turismo 5 will sport damage models -- it will only be select sets. However, Kazunori has yet to decide on a finalized list of featured car types for damage support.

Lastly, it sounds like Porsche will not make it into Gran Turismo 5. As disappointing as this was for Kazunori, Porsche signed an exclusive arrangement elsewhere and will probably not be included. It looks like Porsche fans will have to wait.

----this was from ign's handson with the game....

My reason for being a pessimist for it coming out this year is because this is a huge release for Sony, a "system seller", but still no release date has been announced. The fall and early winter release schedule is typically packed with quality games aiming for a big holiday season (though this year the releases have been thinner due to delays) and not a peep has been heard about a release date. And it's not like they PD has this awesome track record of getting GT games out the door (wasn't GT for the PSP hyped the first year the PSP debuted?).

Anyway, I'm totally buying GT5 day 1 regardless of when that day is but I just can't get my hopes up anymore. Also by ranting about it I know they'll set a release date immediately after I hit "post" making me look like a fool which I am OK with.

This is gonna be epic.

Not sure how that selective damage model is gonna work though. Are they gonna be forcing the cars with damage models into select races? It's gonna be weird driving around and have your car get damaged while the AI cars run around fine on track.

It looks like its damage for race cars only. Im guessing for races in either simulation mode and ranked online it will be either damage cars only or non-damage cars only. Arcade and non-ranked will have a mix of both.

I can't imagine them doing damage modeling for all the very detailed cars. Isn't there suppose to be 1000?!

No porsche? Kinda bummed about that. Why would they decline having part in the biggest car advertisement ever? Hopefully they retain some of the porsche cars from the previous game.

And selective damage modeling? I would be fine with maybe just damage modeling for Rally cars, but ultimately would like damage modeling for every car.

No damage for all the cars? There goes my plan to intentionally crash into a runner up car on final race of the championship. Win is a win! ;)

[quote name='option.iv']No porsche? Kinda bummed about that. Why would they decline having part in the biggest car advertisement ever? Hopefully they retain some of the porsche cars from the previous game.

And selective damage modeling? I would be fine with maybe just damage modeling for Rally cars, but ultimately would like damage modeling for every car.[/QUOTE]
Porsche has an exclusive license with some other game. Porsche cars in previous games were RUF model cars, which are basically Porsches.

After seeing the "damage" in a video online not to long ago... I don't care. I know it's not going to be anything that great. They just threw it in because we all wanted it as well as every other car game having it. I'm buying purely because it's GT and I haven't missed buying their game since they started making it. Will I play it much? Probably not... If it's anything like GT5p

I sure wish they have damage for all the online cars or better penalty for touching other cars. Or GT5 online gameplay will be bumper cars galore just like Midnight Club Los Angeles. Forza has always been better teaching players how to overtake properly.

Teaching? Online? lool ha... whatever. It's also why I don't bother racing online. Although I did with friends online in FM2.

bread's done
Back