Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

Well in Forza you can't use other cars to slow down on corners like GT. That and you can't take massive shortcuts by going over gravel and dirt. One bright spot for GT is that car physics feels lot more realistic on track than Forza.

I don't know how that's any different than where people d/led all the cars and a shit load of money in GT4.

I'm actually glad you can get a hold of gamesaves and stuff instead of being hog ties like in M$/xbl.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Well GT5 is officially ruined. Garages from the PSP version are transferable to GT5, so people will simply download gamesaves with all cars in the garage.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/102/1024698p3.html[/QUOTE]
I think it's a little early to make that claim. It would only be ruined to those who don't want to play the game it was meant to be played and go through with that. We still don't know the logistics anyways. IGN jumped the gun.

Psyched for this, psyched for the PSP version.

My biggest fear is that one of the games (or both (!)) will cut out the simulation mode that I've loved so much in every GT game. There's just something so rewarding about buying some clunker and slowly turning it into a monster. I'll never forget the first time I earned enough money in GT1 to buy the racecar upgrade for my Celica and it turned into the car from Sega Rally.

Kotaku's liveblog of this Sony event has some details/news on GT5. It will be out March 2010 in Japan with no word on other territories. There will be voice and text chat for online play and Youtube recording/uploading. They also mention something about exporting videos to PSP, though that's probably just using the export to menu option and then transfering that to the PSP directly.

Edit: G4's liveblog says there are 950 cars, 20 locations, and 70 tracks and details on features or menu options, whatever these are supposed to be:

Physics: new physics, damage, movable objects on the track, and the newest hybrid and electric cars.
Arcade Mode: Single Player, split-screen two player
GT Mode: World Map, My Garage, Car Dealer, Tuning Shop, Championship Race, and License Test.
Online: Open Lobby, Text/Voice Chat, Private Room, Online Photo Album, Online Replay Album, and you can export replays to YouTube.
Photo Mode: Photo Drive, Photo Stage
GT TV: Improved UI, export of videos to PSP, and progressive downloading.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY SHIT!

Finally a release date!!! Maybe they will be able to release this during the summer hopefully in the US.

All indications were for release this year but Forza 3 must have spooked PD badly for them to delay it again. About that TGS feature list for GT5, meaningless. By this point you can't really trust anything PD has to say until game actually gets released.

Since the game is already done basically and they are just adding more features and polishing I would say that feature list is probably going to be in the full game.

Best Interview I've read with Kazunori in a long time:
http://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-interview-reveals-more-on-gt5-development/#more-3837?gr_i_ni

I haven't had time to read it all it's very long but worth it, here's a piece,

As for the new cars, hybrids will be included. Also present for the first time are legendary brands like Lamborghini and Bugatti. In addition, there are cars from NASCAR and World Rally. Speaking of NASCAR, Yamauchi noted that the deformation and damage in these high-speed races will be absolutely amazing and true to life, with turns, spins, rollovers, and so on. We will have to see to believe.

Track editing can either be really good, with at least some of the features that Mod Nation Racers has or it can be like PGR 3 and be a bit lame. But it's PD so I'm hoping for the best. This is something you would've thought Forza would do since they're supposedly so ahead of the curve and into social elements. Forza's 100 tracks have been superseded by GT's unlimited tracks.

The reports came from a French site so I'm totally expecting the translation to be off. A track editor just doesn't seem right for GT considering it would be extremely hard to maximize the game to run smooth and look great while trying to account for what players will make.

[quote name='SynGamer']The reports came from a French site so I'm totally expecting the translation to be off. A track editor just doesn't seem right for GT considering it would be extremely hard to maximize the game to run smooth and look great while trying to account for what players will make.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't they just limit how much stuff you can put into a course?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Couldn't they just limit how much stuff you can put into a course?[/QUOTE]

Yes, a system similar to Halo 3's Foundry. But GT5 is going to look amazing, where as Halo 3 didn't look all that great. I'd assume PD would want to uphold the quality of the game throughout...

Track editing has been done in countless racing games, I'm sure PD can do it and have the game still play fine.

I have a bad feeling about inclusion of track editor. Fact is most us aren't good at designing race tracks and I bet it will be flooded with tracks shaped like cocks.

[quote name='laaj']I have a bad feeling about inclusion of track editor. Fact is most us aren't good at designing race tracks and I bet it will be flooded with tracks shaped like cocks.[/QUOTE]

Not like Snetterton Race track in England. :lol: :applause:

snetterton-circuit.gif

[quote name='Rodster']Not like Snetterton Race track in England. :lol: :applause:

snetterton-circuit.gif
[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::lol:

If they make it like MNR I will be all over GT like mustard on a hotdog. I'd probably spend just as much time making tracks as racing em, maybe more time.

With the recent rumors and videos that have been going around about Gran Turismo 5 having a track editor, we decided to contact the developers to find out if it was true or not. Now, we have a official answer.
They were kind enough to give us a quick response and this is what a representative said:
“Yes it will have a track editor. You will be able to rebuild a track from scratch or edit the tracks that are already put in Gran Turismo 5.”
We also asked them when Gran Turismo 5 would be launched world wide. A representative replied with:
“Sorry, we can’t give out any of that information at the moment. You will just have to wait and see.”
Looks like Gran Turismo 5 will live up to its name, “The Real Driving Simulator”.

[quote name='smiggity']“Sorry, we can’t give out any of that information at the moment. You will just have to wait and see.”[/QUOTE]

Translation... we are trying to drum up everyone to stay interested until... :gasp: a release date.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I still have my doubts, but if it's true then this might just be the greatest game ever. Or at least the one with the most content.[/QUOTE]

Will all be pretty useless if it's the worst phyics evar...

[quote name='smiggity']You can also edit existing tracks, which is sweet for us lazy folk[/QUOTE]
That could be even better than new tracks if you think about it, playing the awesome tracks PD comes up with but say it had only a few new sections. That could be tons of fun, a track you're familar with but with a novel taste added.

GT could definitely use some new tracks though, I don't know if there's any new ones in the psp version or at least they all seem familiar.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Sorry you always seem to get in the way... I don't really give a damn about you if it makes you feel better.[/QUOTE]

Its not me dude. Every post I have seen you make is spitting hate about the subject. You are a hater plain and simple

[quote name='laaj']I have a bad feeling about inclusion of track editor. Fact is most us aren't good at designing race tracks and I bet it will be flooded with tracks shaped like cocks.[/QUOTE]

I'm not that creative... I was just going to make a really, really long straight line.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm not that creative... I was just going to make a really, really long straight line.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the balls. That should give the track nice long curve to the track. ie Parabolica on Monza.

Now, there's one more thing I haven't seen or heard about GT5... NIght time driving, and weather conditions.... a little snow, a little rain... I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure that everything is in there. I like that Track Editor, cause now you can have no limits on the amount of tracks.

I wonder what will happen if someone were to create tracks spelling out racial slurs. This could be a nightmare for SCEA to monitor.

[quote name='Thomas96']Now, there's one more thing I haven't seen or heard about GT5... NIght time driving, and weather conditions.... a little snow, a little rain... I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure that everything is in there. I like that Track Editor, cause now you can have no limits on the amount of tracks.[/QUOTE]

I *think* that night/day cycles have been confirmed by PD. Not sure about weather though.

[quote name='laaj']I wonder what will happen if someone were to create tracks spelling out racial slurs. This could be a nightmare for SCEA to monitor.[/QUOTE]

I think that they are banking on the fact that most GT fans/players are older gamers who will not be doing that stuff. Im sure there will be some racial garbage and dick tracks, but not nearly as many as say, modnation racers will have.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Glad they decided to put that in AFTER the "game was done". :roll:[/QUOTE]
The game could be released at any time, but they're adding more features and polish. Like the game could've been released this fall with less cars, no weather, lackluster damage, etc but they're making it better. Not worth releasing at the same time as MW2. I doubt we'd see a track editor either if it released this fall.

Good news. Kazunori isn't too interested in DLC. Why would he be when the game is shipping with 1000 cars, 70 track layouts, & track editor anyways... So we won't have to shell out more money for access to other cars and not have to worry about others having cars we don't have. But they will have a large team looking after the online portion of the game after release.
http://connectedconsoles.com/ps3-Yamauchi-on-GT5-DLC.cfm

[quote name='J7.']Good news. Kazunori isn't too interested in DLC. Why would he be when the game is shipping with 1000 cars, 70 track layouts, & track editor anyways... So we won't have to shell out more money for access to other cars and not have to worry about others having cars we don't have. But they will have a large team looking after the online portion of the game after release.
http://connectedconsoles.com/ps3-Yamauchi-on-GT5-DLC.cfm[/QUOTE]

Why is lack of DLC a good news? Most of us will be pissed when Forza 3 get cars like MP4-12C while GT5 is left in the dust. PD will have problems overcoming Microsoft's existing ties with McLaren even with DLC planned. :cry:

bread's done
Back