Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

[quote name='SynGamer']Whoa whoa whoa...Indy Cars? Since when? I don't remember that being announced, just WRC and NASCAR![/QUOTE]
Indy Cars kicked major ass in GT4.

Yea, I think they're just making that mistake. I believe the Ferrari F60 is in GT5 Prologue and they just think all open wheel cars are the same.

It's actually funny now. I laughed after reading the article. In the first 10 years of the series, 4 full games were released. In the 10 years since the release of GT4, we'll likely see 2 (including GT4). Not the best way to keep people interested in a franchise.

You know I usually don't care but after doing some reading .....

1) This is only Japan.

2) It hasn't been delayed 'again' as this would be the first time, and again read (1).

3) EU and US are still tentatively 'Summer 10'.

... so unless you were going to import this (in which case go ahead and cry), we should wait for the 'delayed in US' news before caring much.

:D

Well I suppose you can't delay a game that doesn't have a release date but I'm not finding any comfort in this.

Wasn't Yamauchi quoted back in November stating the game was done or mostly done?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm debating if I should just download Prologue now just to hold me over. All I've been playing is the 350Z trial. But for $30.00.....eh. I'm having a really hard time choosing to save my pennies or not.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I'm debating if I should just download Prologue now just to hold me over. All I've been playing is the 350Z trial. But for $30.00.....eh. I'm having a really hard time choosing to save my pennies or not.[/QUOTE]

I blame that glorified demo (and the PSP game) for the GT5 delays. If you must buy it, please don't pay the full price for it.

Am I the only one who's actually glad that GT5 has been delayed?

The first half of 2010 is so damn packed for the PS3. MAG, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Yakuza 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and White Knight Chronicles are going to be released not to mention all the multiplatform titles (FFXIII, BioShock 2, Dante's Inferno, etc.). The second half of the year is going to be pretty dull in comparison... the only exclusive left will The Last Guardian (if it actually comes out this year).

I'm more annoyed than angry about the delay. I have too many games as it is. What myself and several other people are saying is that they've dipped way into the realm of diminishing returns. I don't think that the Gran Turismo 5 that would have been released in February or March of this year would have been significantly worse than the GT5 that will (hopefully) be released in October or November.

Plus there's the fact that Polyphony Digital does the delay, delay, delay thing all the fucking time. What was the last GT game that they released on time, Gran Turismo 2?

It's 2010, games can be patched, just push it out the door already!

[quote name='Vinny']Am I the only one who's actually glad that GT5 has been delayed?

The first half of 2010 is so damn packed for the PS3. MAG, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Yakuza 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and White Knight Chronicles are going to be released not to mention all the multiplatform titles (FFXIII, BioShock 2, Dante's Inferno, etc.). The second half of the year is going to be pretty dull in comparison... the only exclusive left will The Last Guardian (if it actually comes out this year).[/QUOTE]

This. :applause: I'd hate to see GT 5 get less sales due to being too crowded with other games. Yes, GT is known for great sales, but we're talking about PS3 here not PS2 and were talking about the most crowded AA/AAA release period ever.

Only if Yamauchi kept working on the game instead of boasting about how great GT5 "will" be and attending basically every single car shows around the world. Now I get it. He just wants to travel the world all expenses paid by Sony and screw the game.

Better late the never, I don't want a fucked up racer. Thus creating one more thing for Xbox users to laugh at. Let Polyphony take their time.

I am happy Polyphony Digital is taking their time though. Most games I find this generation don't take long to develop and end up being rushed for the holiday season. When you buy a game this gen on PS3 their is always a Patch or Two to download before starting up the game due to glitches or game updates. Knowing Polyphony, their game will be perfect. I have been playing Gran Turismo for awhile now, and I never ran into any glitches. Except for the 98 percent glitch in Gran Turismo 2, but that game was rushed.

If this comes out during the Summer, I will be happy. If it comes out till next fall, I will go insane.

[quote name='FroMann']I am happy Polyphony Digital is taking their time though. Most games I find this generation don't take long to develop and end up being rushed for the holiday season. When you buy a game this gen on PS3 their is always a Patch or Two to download before starting up the game due to glitches or game updates. Knowing Polyphony, their game will be perfect. I have been playing Gran Turismo for awhile now, and I never ran into any glitches. Except for the 98 percent glitch in Gran Turismo 2, but that game was rushed.

If this comes out during the Summer, I will be happy. If it comes out till next fall, I will go insane.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, that 98% glitch on GT2 was because they ripped out the drag racing component last minute. LOL, Sega GT filled that void for me on the Dreamcast with their drag racing mode.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I guess you guys didn't read.

As far as I know, GT5 is the only high profile summer game announced.[/QUOTE]

Even if it's a month or two after tons of high quality releases, the farther away than that the better. I also expect more games to get delayed, didn't SC Conviction just get delayed again?

Well to me delayed usually mean good things. It means they found something they need to work on and it must be very important and critical to the final outcome of the game for them to make that decision. I don't want a highly anticipated game to come out packed with glitches (MW2 for example). But yeah they should a least release that demo they used at CES for us to check out what we're waiting for in the mean time =p

Amazon has the street date for GT5 listed as 3/31/2010. Is this really the release date? Just want to make sure. I was going to get GT5:p, but if GT5 is coming out then or sometime this summer, I'll just hold off for the full game.

I can't imagine it would be out in the USA by the end of March, you would think the hype machine would be in full swing now if that was so.

I thought it was coming out in Japan in like June, and the USA sometime after that.

From GTPlanet, http://www.gtplanet.net/sony-exec-gran-turismo-5-launching-this-fall/
We believe that launching the product this fall, before Christmas, but not yet decided. I do not rule that uses the MC but I doubt it. ‘GT 5′ is a great hope for Sony, a very important game for the company, which generates much income. We would have wanted him out before but we think the priority we are giving it our best. I’m very confident in this game that we launch this year and help us consolidate PS3 as the console that is large.
DAMN IT! FALL?! FALL?! Not even the summer?

CEO of Sony Entertainment Portugal James Armstrong = Too low on the pyramid to give anything he says credibility for Japan, NA, and Europe.

i'm with Vinny on this one...

ps3 has too many releases about to come out... i can wait.

and you can't really blame sony. why would they release GOW III and GT5 in the same month? probably going to be the two top sellers of the year for them.

[quote name='african redbush']
ps3 has too many releases about to come out... i can wait.
[/QUOTE]

But how many of them are sim racers? I read this lots on this thread. Huge backlog and lot of releases but they don't factor in the fact that GT5 is completely different genre that can't be filled. Is like when I recently had cravings for some nachos but all I got was potato chips. It didn't do it for me even though potato chips were really good.

[quote name='laaj']But how many of them are sim racers? I read this lots on this thread. Huge backlog and lot of releases but they don't factor in the fact that GT5 is completely different genre that can't be filled. Is like when I recently had cravings for some nachos but all I got was potato chips. It didn't do it for me even though potato chips were really good.[/QUOTE]
Because people can be fine with eating chips for now to satiate their hunger and wait for their next chance to get nachos?

Lets say it's been five years since you had nachos and have been waiting for the new nachos for two years now. Only to be told you can't have nachos for another year. Damn I want some nachos now. What I'm getting at is I want my GT5 now. I couldn't care less about GoW or some of these other titles people talk about, people have different tastes and want different games. Let them delay GoW instead and release GT5 in March.

Nice new improvements recently seen in the latest builds of GT 5! Improved textures & flying debris.
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-improved-textures-flying-debris/
gt5-vs-prologue-e1266183832366.jpg

I think that GT5 needs to be a good "game." Obviously the graphics are great, but how good is the game itself going to be.

I think if you have played previous Gran Turismo you know what to expect or at least I hope so. Meaning I hope they just don't add a bunch of random race series story mode to make it seem to have a purpose. I just want my cars and my tracks and to go racing like I've done in all the previous GT.

What bothers me with GT is that they have races with cars of various power so there's only a few cars of equal power so you're really only racing a few cars. And they don't tell you how you compare before the race so you must know yourself or you're often way too underpowered or overpowered. Because it's realistic the car's don't scale in performance to match the leaders. They need most of the races to be car's of equal power. That is why I often like the races made for the same models. Or give an option to have the car's able to catch up like in 2 player.

The great thing about GT5 and underpowered cars is you can no longer bump them out of the way. So slower cars, just like in real life, can hold you up if you want to keep your car intact...

That video sumps up GT1-4...5 will have damage. And as for the speed, it's easy to pick a slow car and pit it against a fast one. These videos just make me shake my head and make me happy I'm not a fanbot.

Great find FroMann.

Im not a huge NASCAR fan either, on TV its fairly boring, but driving in it should be pretty exciting. Those cars dont look it, but theyre fairly difficult to control and theres a lot of strategy to drafting and such.

At this point I'm expecting 16 cars on track for NASCAR, about 1/3rd the usual field size. But considering how good the cars look and hopefully how well they handle/physics, I'll take the trade off.

Nascar games are such a mixed bag. Sega did stock car racing incredibly well with the Daytona games, then there was a couple PC-based ones by... Sierra? that were very well received, then EA got ahold of the license and while they started off okay, the just got worse and worse until Nascar 09 was the drizzling shits.

As something to watch, I can't really do Nascar but in games, it can be awesome. That video gives me hope that it isn't just going to be some throwaway mode shoehorned into the game.

bread's done
Back