Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

The Daytona games were awful, especially the one on the Dreamcast. Wasn't a fan of the EA games besides the last PSP iteration, mostly due to bad controls.

1. Nascrap FAILs and is NOT racing.
2. Wtf, where's the damage?
3. It's always funny to see the Camry's and Ricer wings on the Nascrap cars.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Daytona games were awful, especially the one on the Dreamcast. Wasn't a fan of the EA games besides the last PSP iteration, mostly due to bad controls.[/QUOTE]

Daytona USA on the DC has an 86 at Metacritic. I loved it. Online racing, a great sense of speed, tons of cars on the track, it was everything I could want in a racing game.

[quote name='VipFREAK']1. Nascrap FAILs and is NOT racing.
3. It's always funny to see the Camry's and Ricer wings on the Nascrap cars.[/QUOTE]

I'm dying to know how it isn't racing.

I don't like NASCAR, at all, it definitely says something for the sport when a top formula one race, Juan Pablo Montoya, leaves the most "prestigious" racing circuit to race NASCAR...

try not to sound like an arrogant douche when posting

[quote name='VipFREAK']1. Nascrap FAILs and is NOT racing.
3. It's always funny to see the Camry's and Ricer wings on the Nascrap cars.[/QUOTE]

says the guy with a freaking fanboy corolla in his avatar :applause:

I can forgive the developers for this very long delay since there are plenty of games coming out right now. Plus, I'm trying to save up for a driving wheel.

I can forgive them with the delay considering how friggin terrible that poor excuse for a beta/time trial they released around last Christmas.

I can't believe they tried to pass that off as something special

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I can forgive them with the delay considering how friggin terrible that poor excuse for a beta/time trial they released around last Christmas.

I can't believe they tried to pass that off as something special[/QUOTE]
Well it was pretty much made for GT Academy. They grabbed two cars, a track, and put it together with leader boards so they could find the best drivers out in Europe. Here they called it a demo with a grand prize. #-o

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I can forgive them with the delay considering how friggin terrible that poor excuse for a beta/time trial they released around last Christmas.

I can't believe they tried to pass that off as something special[/QUOTE]

It was better than nothing. I was just happy to see how the graphics and physics evolved.

[quote name='Halo05']Daytona USA on the DC has an 86 at Metacritic. I loved it. Online racing, a great sense of speed, tons of cars on the track, it was everything I could want in a racing game.

I'm dying to know how it isn't racing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Daytona on Dreamcast was the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghfOTLsLpn4

I was planned on getting the PS3 mostly for this game, and only found out about the NASCAR addition after that. GT5 will be like a nuclear bomb going off when it finally hits.

Look, Indy cars and Formula 1 are faster and handle better, but they can't touch each other or you get a horrific wreck. With NASCAR they can actually race the way we all do in arcadey racing games.

[quote name='elric718']Look, Indy cars and Formula 1 are faster and handle better, but they can't touch each other or you get a horrific wreck. With NASCAR they can actually race the way we all do in arcadey racing games.[/QUOTE]

So you're getting GT5 for arcadey racing? There are plenty of arcade racers in the market already and you don't have to wait for GT5.

[quote name='Halo05']Daytona USA on the DC has an 86 at Metacritic. I loved it. Online racing, a great sense of speed, tons of cars on the track, it was everything I could want in a racing game.[/QUOTE]
Didn't say everybody hated it, just that I didn't like it at all. It was boring and I was glad to have GT3 coming soon after to make up for it.

[quote name='FroMann']We also can't forget we have WRC in this game also, and the cars from Super GT.[/QUOTE]

WRC too?! This game is getting crazy. I'm such a novice racer though. I always seem to start every GT game with a lot of enthusiasm, but that fades quickly after it becomes clear how badly I suck. Maybe this time, with a little dedication, will be different.

Either way, day 1 purchase. What else am I going to do with the wheel collecting dust in my closet?

*tick* *tock*

My post from another forum...

Really wish I could be excited about that but I'm not. Instead it's more like, oh I see you wasted more time making another damn trailer then using it to finish the damn game. Oh also... Thanks Merc for fucking the Viper and making your own shitty ass version out of it... :roll:

[quote name='VipFREAK']My post from another forum...

Really wish I could be excited about that but I'm not. Instead it's more like, oh I see you wasted more time making another damn trailer then using it to finish the damn game. Oh also... Thanks Merc for fucking the Viper and making your own shitty ass version out of it... :roll:[/QUOTE]
They are probably done with the game and can probably release it at any time. My guess is that Sony wont let Polyphony release it till fall now since their are not much exclusives coming out near the end of the year except for maybe Socom 4. So with the extra time they do a few tweaks here and there.

As for the Mercedes, its a remake of the 300 SL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300SL_Gullwing#The_New_SLS_Gullwing

I don't give a damn on either counts quite frankly. Also, GT fans will buy it regardless of what other shitty games are coming out.

[quote name='VipFREAK']My post from another forum...

Really wish I could be excited about that but I'm not. Instead it's more like, oh I see you wasted more time making another damn trailer then using it to finish the damn game. Oh also... Thanks Merc for fucking the Viper and making your own shitty ass version out of it... :roll:[/QUOTE]

In last month's GI the head of Sony's software or whatever (forget official title) said that the reason PD takes so long is in large part because they're so tied to the PS brand and Sony requests a lot of trailers and other stuff like demos from them because it's so important for PS. So yes PD takes long but they also got a lot of shit to do other developers don't.

Hmm... how long have they "been at it" ? Yeah... sure. As for PS asking for shit that's their stupid decision along with a sign they are REALLY using GT to milk people into a PS3 which doesn't do squat (at least so far).

It takes a long time to make trailers, demos, prologue editions, PSP game, etc. These are what he mentioned in the interview. Plus they keep adding more to the game. If they did not have to do any of that extra stuff we could've seen it release like a year earlier, take off another year for the additions it doesn't "need", and another 8 months for the current delay which I bet is just to have it ready for the holiday and avoid this jampacked Spring.

From what we've heard the game was 'ready' a few months ago but Sony has pushed the release date back to this Holiday...therefore, like any smart developer, PD are going back and add/tweaking what they can in the time they have. If you've seen recent screenshots/trailers you'll notice the track textures have improved quite a bit :)

That's nice n all but have they fixed the physics or... how bout the sounds... ? Glad they are focusing on what's important...

[quote name='VipFREAK']That's nice n all but have they fixed the physics or... how bout the sounds... ? Glad they are focusing on what's important...[/QUOTE]

All reports point to excellent physics and sounds (though the tires likely still squeal a bit too much for some people).

[quote name='VipFREAK']That's nice n all but have they fixed the physics or... how bout the sounds... ? Glad they are focusing on what's important...[/QUOTE]

I love how you didn't wait for an answer, yet derided to make a sarcastic conclusion anyway.

I was somewhat excited about this game before, but that turned to *really* excited when I saw some live footage of that rally league (WRC?) and heard that was in GT5. I'm not much of a racing buff but I'm a bit confused about what racing leagues/circuits are going to be in there.

I think I've heard:
WRC
NASCAR

What others will there be?

And will those leagues be run in the game like the real leagues? For instance, for NASCAR will GT5 just run single races or will it be a whole NASCAR season?

(I also hope it has customizable soundtracks too. GT music has always bothered me)

Dr. SP

[quote name='J7.']Ha, GT's music has always been the only music I've liked outside of music games themselves.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm really talking about the in-menu music. Always has a Muzak, elevator music, Sunday Breeze vibe to me.

lol, uh. Christ when did GT4 come out again? Anyway, GTP is the only site remotely close to being an accurate prediction of a Release date. Other than that waste of time.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I guess I'm really talking about the in-menu music. Always has a Muzak, elevator music, Sunday Breeze vibe to me.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it in most of the games, but with each new release I wish they moved onto something different as it's starting to get old.

[quote name='FroMann']What else does Sony have for the fall/holiday season other than the move controller and Socom 4? I would think Gran Turismo 5 would HAVE to come out near the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

LBP 2
Eyepet
Agent (3rd party but exclusive)
David Jaffe's game

We could still see some of these in 2010
Last Guardian
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
Getaway still possible
Eight Days still possible
unannounced titles

I think you could see Gran Turismo earlier than November, probably October, possible Sept or Aug.

They clearly don't care about making money then. Because if they did what I just said, it would've been out 2 years ago, with a ton of DLC out for it right now.

Actually on that front, no I don't think they do because if history is repeated they'll "do ok" like before. With that said, I think this will be the last time I cave and be a sucker.

For someone who doesn't care about this game anymore you sure have a lot to say about it. Does it make you feel big and important on the internet? I'm just curious.

Um... I've had this game pre ordered since like two years ago on amazon. I'd like to get it so I can be disappointed and finally sell my ps3 because it will be totally useless. Other than that... yeah, don't care.

[quote name='KingBroly']They clearly don't care about making money then. Because if they did what I just said, it would've been out 2 years ago, with a ton of DLC out for it right now.[/QUOTE]

Well this last delay is for damage and to have a big game for Fall 2010. It would be strange to have DLC for damage, and you can't do DLC for adjusting your release schedule for the benefit of the console.

[quote name='KingBroly']They clearly don't care about making money then. Because if they did what I just said, it would've been out 2 years ago, with a ton of DLC out for it right now.[/QUOTE]

GT5P has sold 3.5+ million copies. At a retail price of $40 initially and let's say on average $25 overall, that's $87,500,000 ($87.5 million) so far...and GT5 hasn't even released yet. Do some research next time ;)

[quote name='VipFREAK']Um... I've had this game pre ordered since like two years ago on amazon. I'd like to get it so I can be disappointed and finally sell my ps3 because it will be totally useless. Other than that... yeah, don't care.[/QUOTE]
I only have one word to sum this up: pathetic.

How many games come out per year that have been rushed, or had to be cut due to time constraints. At least the developers were able to take their time and make the game that they wanted to make, and make it the way that they wanted to make it. I don't like to wait two three years for a game cause I'm getting old... but hey when its released I'm going to enjoy it. Not every game needs GT5 treatment, but some games just shouldn't be rushed.

I don't think many people want GT5 to be rushed but people are concerned that PD has really gotten to the point of diminishing returns. GT on PSP can be seen as evidence of this.

The cars in PSP GT are at least a few years old, indicating that while the models were completed, the team apparently wasn't happy with the physics models (or tracks, who knows?) and kept tweaking, and tweaking, and tweaking. By the time the game came out, the physics were fine, the game looks great, but all the cars are outdated.

Yeah, there are still some classics there that I certainly don't want replaced but where's the 370Z, the new Camaro, the new Challenger, the Evolution 10? They didn't make it in because PD spent too long messing around with stuff that 99% of people wouldn't notice. It obviously wouldn't have been a problem if PSP GT came out in 2007 but it was pretty jarring in late 2009.

[quote name='Halo05']I don't think many people want GT5 to be rushed but people are concerned that PD has really gotten to the point of diminishing returns. GT on PSP can be seen as evidence of this.

The cars in PSP GT are at least a few years old, indicating that while the models were completed, the team apparently wasn't happy with the physics models (or tracks, who knows?) and kept tweaking, and tweaking, and tweaking. By the time the game came out, the physics were fine, the game looks great, but all the cars are outdated.

Yeah, there are still some classics there that I certainly don't want replaced but where's the 370Z, the new Camaro, the new Challenger, the Evolution 10? They didn't make it in because PD spent too long messing around with stuff that 99% of people wouldn't notice. It obviously wouldn't have been a problem if PSP GT came out in 2007 but it was pretty jarring in late 2009.[/QUOTE]

oh god no Challenger!!!!!!!!!! They need to put that car in the game... along with the Dodge Charger.

bread's done
Back