Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

[quote name='Chase']I dunno. I find it difficult to get excited for a series I haven't enjoyed since Vice City. And even then that was mostly due to my younger frame of mind and the novelty of the game at the time. I thought GTA4 was mercilessly boring, so I'm gonna have to pass.

Not that I would have had time to enjoy it. *looks at unopened copies of Borderlands 2, XCOM, and Assassin's Creed 3*[/QUOTE]
You didn't enjoy San Andreas?! I was just like you with loving Vice City when I first played and San Andreas topped it off to the max!

4 was fun and a very good game but it got away from what made GTA great. That perfect balance of goofy and realism. 4 did have the free roam multiplayer which was fantastic.

[quote name='slickkill77']4 was fun and a very good game but it got away from what made GTA great. That perfect balance of goofy and realism. 4 did have the free roam multiplayer which was fantastic.[/QUOTE]

i have lost so much of my life on gta 4 mp and still play it time to time it's great fun.

For me, San Andreas is my favorite followed by 4, then Vice City. Vice City is good but it just didnt register with me the same way. I'm also biased on 4 cause thats what made me get a 360 after seeing my buddies play it.

Anyway, this is the only game I'm preordering the rest of the year. Pumped for it!

So it looks like GameStop has the exclusive Collector's Edition. $149.99!!

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/ga...-gamestop-exclusive-collectors-edition/109637

Grand Theft Auto V GameStop Exclusive Collector's Edition

Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V
Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook
Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key - inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75" x 8.5" money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window
Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap - this exclusive New Era 9FIFTY cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer's left side, a Grand Theft Auto V' logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit
Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online - get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System
Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

[quote name='dotCody']Yeeeeeeeeah, pre-ordering the Collector's Edition as soon as it's available at a Canadian retailer. :D[/QUOTE]

it's a gamestop exslusive

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']not sure the cap and bag are worth an extra $70, has there been any word of a next gen version?[/QUOTE]

i doudt we see next gen version. this game has been in the works for five years now. seeing how diff ps4 and x1 is compared to ps3 and 360 it's not easy to port a game.

i wonder if amazon will get special edition seeing it's not gamestop exlusive they did add the blip pre order for amazon also not just gamestop.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i doudt we see next gen version. this game has been in the works for five years now. seeing how diff ps4 and x1 is compared to ps3 and 360 it's not easy to port a game.[/QUOTE]

sucks how such a huge release will only have a life of a few months with new consoles coming out soon after

Those pre-order bonuses are pretty lackluster, and that collectors edition feels overpriced. Rockstar better make them (hopefully free) DLC after the game launches.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Those pre-order bonuses are pretty lackluster, and that collectors edition feels overpriced. Rockstar better make them (hopefully free) DLC after the game launches.[/QUOTE]

i kind of agree only things extra you get in 150 one is the money bag and a hat that should be like a 10 doller hat. im going to get the 80 doller collecters from amazon you get decent amount of stuff for extra 20 bucks

because im a Rockstar fanboy i'll be getting the $150 edition but i really hate that i have to pre order with Gamestop to get it though.

So I will have to admit that I have never finished GTA IV so I decided to go back and try again. Now first off I remember the game looking great when I started playing it 5 years ago but man this is NOT a pretty game coming back to it. Textures are so muddy at times and lighting effects are horrible. I know RDR was way better so I have hope for GTA V. The second thing is the camera is pretty horrible also. I seem to be fighting it more often than it helping me see what I want. The checkpoint system is horrible, the gunplay fairly bland and the driving is wonky. Its story telling is great but I am pretty certain I am not going to make it through. I am almost off the first island (right after Roman's sorrow) so I am hoping the story at least gets me through.

I am going to be very interested to see how much GTA V changes for the better. I think if GTA IV was released today it would be more of an 8 than the 9.5-10 it received back then.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I will have to admit that I have never finished GTA IV so I decided to go back and try again. Now first off I remember the game looking great when I started playing it 5 years ago but man this is NOT a pretty game coming back to it. Textures are so muddy at times and lighting effects are horrible. I know RDR was way better so I have hope for GTA V. The second thing is the camera is pretty horrible also. I seem to be fighting it more often than it helping me see what I want. The checkpoint system is horrible, the gunplay fairly bland and the driving is wonky. Its story telling is great but I am pretty certain I am not going to make it through. I am almost off the first island (right after Roman's sorrow) so I am hoping the story at least gets me through.

I am going to be very interested to see how much GTA V changes for the better. I think if GTA IV was released today it would be more of an 8 than the 9.5-10 it received back then.[/QUOTE]
you would not have to worry about the graphics. It is most likely a step up from Gta IV. I am just concern about the gameplay regarding switching characters in game. Due to how that will play out, especially with bugs, and glitches between switching that might exist. Since, i have yet to see a game do that. DId you preorder the normal edition?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Shit, you are hard to please dude, even with an open sandbox game like GTAIV.[/QUOTE]

Maybe so. I think it is mostly gameplay. Combat is not nearly as fun as RDR.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Maybe so. I think it is mostly gameplay. Combat is not nearly as fun as RDR.[/QUOTE]
Im with you GTA4 was boring as hell to me, especially with high hopes of another San Andreas style. Took forever for me to finish it and never looked back at it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Maybe so. I think it is mostly gameplay. Combat is not nearly as fun as RDR.[/QUOTE]

Well RDR was a progression of what Rockstar learned from GTAIV so that's to be expected.

because im a Rockstar fanboy i'll be getting the $150 edition but i really hate that i have to pre order with Gamestop to get it though.
FU gamestop i remembered R* has there own store which is where i pre ordered the crazy edition

NinjaPenguin777 said:
Yeah, I watched this video three times in a row, with my mouth hanging open. It's incredible how good it looks, considering how mind-bogglingly huge the game is, and how dense it seems like it's going to be. I don't know how the hell I'm going to finish this game before the new consoles arrive. They haven't announced GTA V coming to XB1 or PS4, have they? If they do, I may cancel my preorder for the 360, as painful as it would be to wait longer for the game.

Yeah this video has me more excited. It looks like the gameplay (gunplay) is vastly improved. That is all I ask.  The switching actually looks well thought out also so that makes me happy.

i took advantage of the great trade in offer gamestop was doing till last week and was able to pay off the 80 doller version. It's just amazing this game is a current gen game but should not be shocked look how awsome rdr was and looked great. I like that the gun play feels alot like max payne 3 which had great gun gameplay.

MP3 was hella fun, loved the multiplayer. I'm sure they took elements from RDR/MP3 and added to them to make everything picture perfect, which is typical for a R* release. Can't. fucking. Wait.

I will definitely be diving in the multiplayer as soon as this disc hits the tray.

Since I'm looking at Next Gen stuff, not sure if I planned on getting this....but it looks amazing.  My initial plan was to sell my 360/ps3 to go xbox one/ps4....not sure now.

sucks that online does not come out till oct 1st but that's only two weeks after game is out and im hearing the story it self is just under 15 hours so pretty much it should take you at least two weeks to 100 percent the game.

bread's done
Back