Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

Can't remember the last time I looked at the social Club, but is this link for Max Payne? Or does CAG Payne go for GTA V as well?
All crews that were created for Max Payne 3 WILL carry over to GTA V. So feel free to join.

Last edited by a moderator:
All crews that were created for Max Payne 3 WILL carry over to GTA V. So feel free to join.
Sweet, I played Max Payne 3 as a rental and never got much further than that. As far as the crew goes, is it the same one for ps3 and 360? Or is there multiple crews in that case? Planned on picking up GTA V for the 360 based on some leftover credit I have for the marketplace.

Sweet, I played Max Payne 3 as a rental and never got much further than that. As far as the crew goes, is it the same one for ps3 and 360? Or is there multiple crews in that case? Planned on picking up GTA V for the 360 based on some leftover credit I have for the marketplace.
Yes, I believe it's tied to your Rockstar Social Club account, which you can link your XBL & PSN ID's to it. My XBL & PSN ID's are both linked to a single Social Club account.

Got out first of like 4 shipments of gta v for this coming week in today. It really sucks looking at the game I just want to rip it open and play. :(

I was absolute garbage when I tried the Multiplayer for that game. I joined late when everybody online was a max rank with sawn off shotguns. Man everybody took like 10+ shots to kill when one or two from them was game over.

I was absolute garbage when I tried the Multiplayer for that game. I joined late when everybody online was a max rank with sawn off shotguns. Man everybody took like 10+ shots to kill when one or two from them was game over.
good thing is that gta online will not be that awful seeing it's not maps and just shooting.

GTA 5 is 100 hours long

"The game, according to Rockstar's own Dan Houser, will be "100 hours long...We've got this big open-world experience that's 100 hours long, and that gives players control over what they do, what they see, and how they see it. A world where you can do everything from rob a bank to take a yoga lesson to watch TV, all in your own time."

What do you think? Personally I am gonna do so much free roaming and stuff so that I get well over 100 hours of it

GTA 5 is 100 hours long

"The game, according to Rockstar's own Dan Houser, will be "100 hours long...We've got this big open-world experience that's 100 hours long, and that gives players control over what they do, what they see, and how they see it. A world where you can do everything from rob a bank to take a yoga lesson to watch TV, all in your own time."

What do you think? Personally I am gonna do so much free roaming and stuff so that I get well over 100 hours of it
I'm actually more excited by the mundane things to do than the bank heists. I'll easily spend 100 hours exploring, golfing, and diving.

I'm also interested to see how they'll do gta online. I'd like to see the addition of being able to play as a cop.

I have tried real hard to not spend $60 on games lately since like most here I have a backlog a mile long but the more I read about GTA V the harder it is becoming.  Someone talk me into or out of getting this Tuesday.  :p

GTA 5 is 100 hours long

So this is 100 hours not including free roaming? I can see myself spending 100 hours doing random awesome shit alone...

The hype is starting to get to me, even though I've never finished a GTA. Tempted to go buy something else so I don't end up grabbing it.

3ojj43.jpg

The hype is starting to get to me, even though I've never finished a GTA. Tempted to go buy something else so I don't end up grabbing it.
I'm the same way. I played GTA 3 and San Andreas for hours and hours, but I never beat them. I got bored with GTA 4, but here I am coming right back for GTA 5. I'm definitely getting it and hopefully I'll beat this one. San Andreas is still my favorite game of the series but GTA 3 on pc with mods was a blast

just received an automated call from gamestop telling me to be at store at 10:pm tomorrow for processing!

I know this is last minute but do you guys recommend 360 or PS3 for this?
There's literally no real difference between the two, buy it for whatever console you like more/have more friends on.

List of Cheats in GTA V

Bookmarking for later use!
Man, those cheats are disappointing, still nowhere near as good as SA's cheats, and you can't even spawn a Hydra. Hopefully that isn't all of them.

There's literally no real difference between the two, buy it for whatever console you like more/have more friends on.

Man, those cheats are disappointing, still nowhere near as good as SA's cheats, and you can't even spawn a Hydra. Hopefully that isn't all of them.
I think these are only the cheats that have been discovered so far

since game hasnt even come out officially and already we have so many cheats, I think we will see tons more!

I just wanted to quickly give everyone this info before it's too late.

Rockstar says not to install GTAV "play" disc on Xbox 360

Rockstar Games has encouraged Xbox 360 owners of Grand Theft Auto V not to install one of the game's two discs to their hard drive.

The Xbox 360 version of GTAV ships on two discs, one labelled as "install" and the other as "play." The game features a mandatory 8GB installation from the first disc, with the second required to sit in a user's disc tray in order to play.

Some users might have considered installing the play disc to their hard drive too, but Rockstar Games advised against this on Twitter if users want "optimal performance."

Rockstar has said that it will have more information on this on its support site when the game launches tomorrow.

Rockstar Support's Tweet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, hopefully there will be a patch in quick order. Until then, I'm gonna wait to install the "play" disc.

Edit: I just ran across this. This is Rockstar's page with details on the installation requirements for GTA V.

Rockstar Support: For optimal performance, we recommend only installing the Install Disc, and not also installing the Play Disc to the Xbox 360 Hard Drive or USB drive via Xbox Home (dashboard). You will be prompted to install the Install Disc the first time you boot the game.

This is probably by design. I don't think it will be patched. The idea is to stream data off the disc and hard drive at the same time.

Digital Foundry reports that installing the play disc to a USB drive seems to "fix" the issue. I put fix in quotes because this is not something that needs to be fixed. Installing to a USB drive just seems to accomplish the task of shutting off the noisy disc drive.

It's kind of funny who we're coming full circle on this. The consoles did everything they can do differentiate themselves from PCs. Eventually they relented and allowed games to be installed. Now they are doing the "play disc, install disc" thing that has been a staple of PC gaming since forever.

It's kind of funny who we're coming full circle on this. The consoles did everything they can do differentiate themselves from PCs. Eventually they relented and allowed games to be installed. Now they are doing the "play disc, install disc" thing that has been a staple of PC gaming since forever.
Terrible times in the video game world.

I love installing games. It was a great day when Xbox 360 allowed you to install games to decrease load times. I rediscovered CAG when I found the list of loading times for installed Xbox 360 games.

Yes, email from Best Buy telling me to pick up my game... on the 17th. Oh you almost had me there. I just started work, been unemployed for 3 months now, and man ahh F wrong timing on that one! haha

GTA V tomorrow!

xmQQ7IQ.gif

That kiiind of blows, you'll have to have your play disc spinning while you play. Hopefully it's not too loud, most of my noise comes from when the system spins the disc and I hear the rumbling of my system on the floor so yeah I usually install my games. (I have a slim too.)

IGN gave it a 10. I hope it's universal acclaim this time around, not the love/hate from GTA IV. I played IV 2 or 3 years and still pop it in every now and then for some races.
The only criticism I see out there is that the game is too violent and too sexist.

So looking good as far as I am concerned.

Anyone on the East Coast hit up Best Buy tonight?  Wondering what the freebies were, to see if its worth to stop by my local one in a bit.

Gonna do a stream if anyone cares, currently installing tho

http://www.twitch.tv/sleepytanukix

I really like that there is a mandatory install even on the Xbox 360 version. I tried to never harp on the PS3 for forcing this for so many games because it pays off in the long run.

bread's done
Back