Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

I really like that there is a mandatory install even on the Xbox 360 version. I tried to never harp on the PS3 for forcing this for so many games because it pays off in the long run.
Actually, I think the 360 had to install it to even get it to play. I mean if the game is as big as they say and as good looking (have not got my copy yet), there is no way it could fit on one disc and have the full world with no load times without an install.

So I pre-ordered from Best Buy, checked my shipping status today and it said that I would not get this game until September 19th!!!!!!!!!  So I call up Best Buy about this problem.  Aparently a lot of people have called in about the shipping, and they gave me a $30 giftcard!!!  So with the Reward Zone $10, and the $30 Gift Card, this game cost me $20.  Not too bad.........just have to wait an extra 2 days.

Can someone help clear this up for me? People are saying you shouldn't install both the first disc and second disc on the HD and one should be on a flash while the other on the HDD. http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/psa-dont-install-both-gta-v-discs-on-xbox-360/

Here's the thing though, unless I wasn't paying attention I only recall the first disc (the install 8GB disc) being the one that installed anything and once it prompted me to take out the first disc and put in the second the game immediately started and I saw no other installing. People are saying it's wise to put the mandatory 8GB install disc on the HDD and the "Play" disc on the flash but I don't remember the second disc "Play" one installing anything. Do they mean I should go in manually and install the "play" disc on a flash?

Haha but that's a good problem to have Spybreak!

IGN gave it a 10. I hope it's universal acclaim this time around, not the love/hate from GTA IV. I played IV 2 or 3 years and still pop it in every now and then for some races.

EDIT: Make that multiple perfect scores: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/grand-theft-auto-v
I hate to break the news to you, but GTA IV received nearly universal acclaim, averaging 98 on metecritic. So not sure why you'd trust the reviews of GTA V this time.

EDIT: reading comprehension failure: I see now you meant you loved it. Mind you, I didn't hate GTA IV, but the acclaim wasn't universal among players at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked my shipping status on GTA V and LE Guide, said it was delivered to a dock somewhere and signed by someone (no clue where this dock is, just a township listed).

It was ordered from Amazon. Ok so my question is who do I bitch at, UPS or Amazon? I am pissed though because the one order Amazon and UPS messes up is the biggest game of the year and that I could of stopped at a gamestop on the way home if I preordered at GS.

Checked my shipping status on GTA V and LE Guide, said it was delivered to a dock somewhere and signed by someone (no clue where this dock is, just a township listed).

It was ordered from Amazon. Ok so my question is who do I bitch at, UPS or Amazon? I am pissed though because the one order Amazon and UPS messes up is the biggest game of the year and that I could of stopped at a gamestop on the way home if I preordered at GS.
Both. Amazon to get your money back (or they will send another out if possible) and UPS to see if they can track it down.

Both. Amazon to get your money back (or they will send another out if possible) and UPS to see if they can track it down.
UPS requires 24 hours to reply to lost packages, I will respond to both tomorrow. It's not the wait that's killing me, it's everyone else on the internet talking about the damn game and well that is getting to me.

The only criticism I see out there is that the game is too violent and too sexist.
To those people:

3vrv0s.jpg

Played the game for a few hours last night. So far, I'm enjoying it.

I know this is a lame post but, the ocean water in this game is amazing. You'd be fooled if you were looking at the ocean and a real picture. That's just me however.

Can someone help clear this up for me? People are saying you shouldn't install both the first disc and second disc on the HD and one should be on a flash while the other on the HDD. http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/psa-dont-install-both-gta-v-discs-on-xbox-360/

Here's the thing though, unless I wasn't paying attention I only recall the first disc (the install 8GB disc) being the one that installed anything and once it prompted me to take out the first disc and put in the second the game immediately started and I saw no other installing. People are saying it's wise to put the mandatory 8GB install disc on the HDD and the "Play" disc on the flash but I don't remember the second disc "Play" one installing anything. Do they mean I should go in manually and install the "play" disc on a flash?
I had posted a thread detailing all of this but it got deleted for some reason. It would have spared a lot of people. But now, people will install to their HDs and be disappointed. I agree with trying to keep the forums streamlined by putting info about games withing the original game thread but something like this deserves it's own thread. No one is going to read through dozens of pages on this thread so they'll miss the part about the install details. And that is pretty damn important and time sensitive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I posted in the thread that got deleted. inb4 it's buried again and people install it to their HDs. :(

Rockstar says not to install GTAV "play" disc on Xbox 360

Rockstar Games has encouraged Xbox 360 owners of Grand Theft Auto V not to install one of the game's two discs to their hard drive.

The Xbox 360 version of GTAV ships on two discs, one labelled as "install" and the other as "play." The game features a mandatory 8GB installation from the first disc, with the second required to sit in a user's disc tray in order to play.

Some users might have considered installing the play disc to their hard drive too, but Rockstar Games advised against this on Twitter if users want "optimal performance."

Rockstar has said that it will have more information on this on its support site when the game launches tomorrow.

Rockstar Support's Tweet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, hopefully there will be a patch in quick order. Until then, I'm gonna wait to install the "play" disc.

Edit: I just ran across this. This is Rockstar's page with details on the installation requirements for GTA V.

Rockstar Support: For optimal performance, we recommend only installing the Install Disc, and not also installing the Play Disc to the Xbox 360 Hard Drive or USB drive via Xbox Home (dashboard). You will be prompted to install the Install Disc the first time you boot the game.

I hate to break the news to you, but GTA IV received nearly universal acclaim, averaging 98 on metecritic. So not sure why you'd trust the reviews of GTA V this time.

EDIT: reading comprehension failure: I see now you meant you loved it. Mind you, I didn't hate GTA IV, but the acclaim wasn't universal among players at all.
Yeah I was not a fan of IV one bit so I am excited to see how I like V. It looks like they changed a lot of the stuff about IV that I hated so I am pumped.

Side note: I love that the voice actors for the 3 protagonists look similar to their in game character. The voice actor for Trevor looks like he might be a bit crazy in real life.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/17/4740218/heres-what-the-three-stars-of-gta-5-look-like-in-real-life

Damn. I almost picked up the hardcover guide from Walmart today for $36.99. Glad I put it back since Amazon has it for $22, which is cheaper even than what the paperback guide was at Walmart ($24.99).

Driving isn't as floaty as GTA IV, but it's not as arcadey as Sleeping Dogs, for example. Obviously it depends a lot on what you are actually driving.

I like that the mini-games I have tried so far are pretty robust. The shooting range has a lot of challenges and leaderboards and different medals you can earn. During golf you have to adjust for wind. It doesn't play as well as Hot Shots Golf or Tiger Woods, but it's fun for a go.

I love that there is light rail in the game, and it looks more or less how it does when I've seen it in real life. And yeah, you can ride it. Having spent a considerable amount of time exploring L.A., this is such an excellent portrayal of it.

I know this is a lame post but, the ocean water in this game is amazing. You'd be fooled if you were looking at the ocean and a real picture.
Not lame at all. The ocean physics are really good.

Went to Best Buy, since they were doing the $10 Rewards credit, to pick up my order after work and asked the guy there if they did a midnight release. Yup but he didn't know the perks or how many people were there because he wasn't working then.

Lol so right off the bat I ahh failed the driving mission when the cops showed up because I planted my car in the only road work pit. Restart...

I see from the game menu you can replay missions, somethin' they added with the Gay Tony DLC which was highly enjoyable once you were going for the perfect mission achievements.

Sooooo a few hours in and I'm thinking so everything you liked about GTA is in this game - with no loading screens on current hardware!

Having a lot of fun with this so far.  Only a couple hours in (damn you work!) but its a blast.

What sucks is I can only play it tonight and tomorrow night, have to go to NY this weekend and Thursday night is booked with plans :(

I'm loving this game so far. Options galore. I was on the Ferris Whale (yes, that's the name) & looking at the city from that height, I was mesmerized at the graphics on this game. I thought RDR's graphics were great, but Rockstar North has surpassed it. My favorite moment so far was when
Michael take a puff on a joint. Then he starts tripping & out of nowhere, you have kill aliens with a minigun! That weed MUST of been laced with something.

A huge improvement to GTA IV.

Already used at 3 gamestops within my zip so if you haven't bought it yet check there 1st (if you don't mind used). Plus the PUR coupon this week is 25% off a used game

Finally took a blimp for a spin, went over the airports "restricted airspace" and got chased down by some choppers, flew as high as I could possibly go, and then jumped out...lol.  

That was my way of calling it quits for the night.  

So far loving the missions and the characters, very funny dialogue, the city and the graphics are so damn impressive, and driving down the ghetto in a nice car and hearing passerby's go "damn that's a nice car" is pretty cool.

I'm loving this game so far. Options galore. I was on the Ferris Whale (yes, that's the name) & looking at the city from that height, I was mesmerized at the graphics on this game. I thought RDR's graphics were great, but Rockstar North has surpassed it. My favorite moment so far was when
Michael take a puff on a joint. Then he starts tripping & out of nowhere, you have kill aliens with a minigun! That weed MUST of been laced with something.

A huge improvement to GTA IV.
That mission is funny as hell. I took the blimp out for a spin. I tried landing on the FIB building to steal their helicopter. I crashed and blew up

I thought the blimp was a preorder bonus? I just found a code for it in my copy that I got off the shelf at Walmart.

Also, maybe I just haven't listened to the radio enough, but the soundtrack is pretty underwhelming to me so far.

So I have a 1080p tv and this game doesnt look good at all on it. My friends actually compared it to PS2 graphics. Any ideas on how to make it look better? Is it that the game is so big that the graphics aren't as good as they could be? One thing i noticed is things like water look amazing, but as soon as I step on land it looks like crap. Hard to explain how exactly it looks but its just not as much detail as I'm used to with other games.

Also, just FYI, I did not install the play disc.

So I have a 1080p tv and this game doesnt look good at all on it. My friends actually compared it to PS2 graphics. Any ideas on how to make it look better? Is it that the game is so big that the graphics aren't as good as they could be? One thing i noticed is things like water look amazing, but as soon as I step on land it looks like crap. Hard to explain how exactly it looks but its just not as much detail as I'm used to with other games.
You could sit further away from the television.

The game has a lot of aliasing, very aggressive LOD settings and suffers from a lack of texture filtering. It's running on hardware released in 2005/2006 and they are trying to do a lot of things with it. Unless there is some technical issue that is causing textures not to load, this is how the game looks. It's very fun if you can get used to aliasing.

It doesn't matter that you have a 1080p TV. The game renders at 720p.

I've just been seeing some screenshots that look a lot better than what I'm seeing on my tv it seems. The aliasing is definitely one thing im noticing but the textures seem off too. Also not sure if its just me but lighting like tail lights, lighting in rooms etc look kind of blocky, pixelated i guess you might call it. If that's just how it is, that's fine, just doesnt seem like im seeing that in screenshots.

I find that the game looks a lot better in the countryside where you don't get a lot of aliasing caused by powerlines and buildings. Distant mountains have a blur effect and the skybox is amazing. There is definitely some influence from Red Dead Redemption there, which is one of the best looking games this generation.

I initially played the game yesterday on my 42" 1080p tv in the living room, I was honestly disappointed with the graphics loads of rough edges and zaggy lines. Later went upstairs on the 24" monitor and the game looks awesome x1000 times better. Smooth lines and great colours. Neither of the screens are on a special picture mode just both normal 

Do not play Triathlon 3!

It's over 30 minutes and will make your hand cramp from the constant need to tap A.  Also, the rubber band racers in it will make you frustrated, as it defeats the purpose of having high or maxed stamina when any distance you gain is automatically nullified.  

It's definitely longer than 30-40 minutes, but I raced to the beach on a bike and the race lasted so long that it became dark.  My TV has brightness issues, so when lights on the bike came on I hit right on the D-Pad while continuing to tap A.  Unfortunately that caused me to quit out of the race, as right on the D-Pad quits you out of the race.  Such bullshit.

Already used at 3 gamestops within my zip so if you haven't bought it yet check there 1st (if you don't mind used). Plus the PUR coupon this week is 25% off a used game
Went this morning and got the PS3 version for $37.xx So I can play with my PS3 friends next month even though Ill be on the xbox more often lol

Lamar is easily my favorite character so far.

Have you guys had any of the random events so far? The one I've seen had
two dudes holding up some guy, and when I walked up they told me to go get a car for them. I shot them both in the head and picked up a ton of cash.

Lamar is easily my favorite character so far.

Have you guys had any of the random events so far? The one I've seen had
two dudes holding up some guy, and when I walked up they told me to go get a car for them. I shot them both in the head and picked up a ton of cash.
Congrats, you just shot Packie from GTA IV. If you helped them, you could have hired him for heists.

Just came here to rant about the text. fucking small and fucking pissing me off. Why do so many games have this fucking problem. Don't they go through quality some shit for this stuff? I can barely read shit and my vision isn't amazing but I don't have a problem in almost every other game. God fucking Damn it. Ruins the whole experience for me. /rant

Ok it's out of my system. Thanks

I just got passed the mission where you first control trevor.

All i got to say is i was sad about seeing him kill Johnny, Clay, Terry, and the rest of the Lost MC. I really liked them in TLAD and was excited when i first seen Johnny. Seems like such a waste of a character to just off him like that. :(

I've just been seeing some screenshots that look a lot better than what I'm seeing on my tv it seems. The aliasing is definitely one thing im noticing but the textures seem off too. Also not sure if its just me but lighting like tail lights, lighting in rooms etc look kind of blocky, pixelated i guess you might call it. If that's just how it is, that's fine, just doesnt seem like im seeing that in screenshots.
I kinda feel like this too. I watch video reviews of the Xbox 360 version of the game and it looks sharp and awesome, and then I play it on my own TV and all of the textures look soupy and ultra low-res. I don't know what the deal is.

Just came here to rant about the text. fucking small and fucking pissing me off. Why do so many games have this fucking problem. Don't they go through quality some shit for this stuff? I can barely read shit and my vision isn't amazing but I don't have a problem in almost every other game. God fucking Damn it. Ruins the whole experience for me. /rant

Ok it's out of my system. Thanks
I kinda have to agree with you, I have to stare directly at it to read it which causes me to crash or head into the wrong direction.

I kinda feel like this too. I watch video reviews of the Xbox 360 version of the game and it looks sharp and awesome, and then I play it on my own TV and all of the textures look soupy and ultra low-res. I don't know what the deal is.
Are you watching the video full screen on a monitor in 1080p? A lot of it might have to do with how big your TV is and how the game stretches out to your TV. It's not your fault, it's the 360/PS3 not being powerful enough to probably handle the HD textures like that on the fly. Could be reviews are playing on a small monitor where it's not as bad.

bread's done
Back