Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

Loving the game so far, I really wish the on-screen font for the locations/cars was different so I could easily identify them.

Anyone have tips for playing the stock market? I invested a majority of my money in
LifeInvader after the cell-phone incident.

In regards to Trevor:

Motherfucker is crazy as shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they say not to install the play disc, but what's the final verdict on installing the play disc to a USB drive?
From what I read and experienced, you can install the install disc to the HDD and play disc to the USB, since the files would be streaming from 2 different locations.

The same as installing it anywhere else. Don't do it unless you want a screwed up game experience.
As long as the play disc and install disc aren't installed to the same place, it's fine.

Im considering installing the second disc in hopes that it will stop my game from freezing when im trying to take a photo. If its not freezing my game its really annoying how many times i have to try and get that failed message when just trying to access the camera.

Edit: Replayed the mission again and tried to take a photo again and it froze again. :/

Im considering installing the second disc in hopes that it will stop my game from freezing when im trying to take a photo. If its not freezing my game its really annoying how many times i have to try and get that failed message when just trying to access the camera.

Edit: Replayed the mission again and tried to take a photo again and it froze again. :/
maybe it is your xbox 360?

From what I read and experienced, you can install the install disc to the HDD and play disc to the USB, since the files would be streaming from 2 different locations.

As long as the play disc and install disc aren't installed to the same place, it's fine.
i just got my xbox 360 copy today, did the install in the way you described. no problems yet. still waiting for my ps3 se edition to arrive.

I dont think its my xbox, i have the gears of war console and never had problems with it.

With that said i installed disc 2 and did the same mission, tried to take the same photo at the same point, and it didnt freeze. I dont know if it actually works better or just got lucky but ill keep playing like this and see if it stalls anytime else from here on out.

This game is awesome. If anyone 18+ wants to add me for GTA Online feel free. Just mention or type CAG in the reqest. S0DA POPINSKI (S-Zero-D-A-Space-P-O-P-I-N-S-K-I). I'm only like 6 hours in and I put it in my top 5 or 10 of the generation with a chance to move to my #1. And I didn't even like GTA IV.

I dont think its my xbox, i have the gears of war console and never had problems with it.

With that said i installed disc 2 and did the same mission, tried to take the same photo at the same point, and it didnt freeze. I dont know if it actually works better or just got lucky but ill keep playing like this and see if it stalls anytime else from here on out.
If you can and/or want to, exchange your copy to be sure you don't run into any more issues. If you do this, I would recommend re-installing the first disc, so you have everything fresh. I haven't had any yet problems yet & I didn't install the Play disc.

I'm also starting to see the graphics issue many people are having. As another user pointed out, it looks like it's the anti-aliasing. It's a lot less noticable in places away from the city buildings.

This game is awesome. If anyone 18+ wants to add me for GTA Online feel free. Just mention or type CAG in the reqest. S0DA POPINSKI (S-Zero-D-A-Space-P-O-P-I-N-S-K-I). I'm only like 6 hours in and I put it in my top 5 or 10 of the generation with a chance to move to my #1. And I didn't even like GTA IV.
smile_creep.gif

Game looks fine to me, i use VGA hookups on my HDTV. Also ive taken a few more photos with no problems after installing disc 2. I also dont see really any pop in much if any. I dont know why they say its worse. A couple times like right after a mission ended it stuttered like lag but i can cruise down the road at top speed and i dont see anything warranting me to uninstall disc 2.

Does anyone know if the tattoos or hair customization gets any better? I keep going to different tattoo shops hoping to see something another shop didnt have, but they all seem the same. Franklin has a ton of hair options, but Trevor or Michael have like 3-4 options.

Loving the game so far, I really wish the on-screen font for the locations/cars was different so I could easily identify them.

Anyone have tips for playing the stock market? I invested a majority of my money in
LifeInvader after the cell-phone incident.
Play more Lester missions. He'll give you stock "tips". I invest in things like the Beer company because it tanked something like 200% in my game and it was down to $3-$4. I figured it would bounce back and it did. Worldwide FM was another good one for me. I don't plan on investing a lot in the market though.

I've read a few posts on other sites saying to invest in the Ammunation stock through the BAWSAQ.  There are two markets, with one that starts with an L, which is affected by your personal game, and the BAWSAQ, which is affected by everyone since it actually is connected to Rockstar's servers.  The idea of investing in the Ammunation is that the value of it should rise as people buy guns from it.  Since the BAWSAQ is 'connected,' it is influenced by all people playing the game while having the game connected to the internet.  That's why it goes down late at night (I assume for updates from data collected).  Check it and see how much it has dropped since the first 2 days, though.  I think Rockstar realized how profitable it was and dropped it quickly, or just reset it.  

Technically it is a good idea, but it becomes counter-productive.  I haven't bought from an Ammunation since about my 3rd mission for each character.  You can find guns off of enemies you kill, so they're not really necessary to buy.  Plus, others will probably see this idea and buy into the stock as well, expecting to earn vast money, but people probably are like me where they haven't really bought from there since the first few missions, so it's more stagnant.

The BAWSAQ will probably see a much bigger potential once GTA Online starts, as people robbing stores, buying guns and destroying cars could, or I guess should, make changes in market value.

Also, if you do buy that Life Invader stock, sell it once it gets a value.  I held mine, figuring it'd go up more and it dropped.

Some random people you encounter will give you stock advice or even stock in their company, too.  Sell it, though, as these stocks have always lost value for me over time.  

And always invest in the companies Lester tells you to, since they will increase in value after you sabotage their competitors.  

So I've tweaked  the settings of my tv and xbox and feel like ive got a pretty good setup going now. Just wanted to check on one thing though, my whites seem pretty bright in the game, things like light bars in the gun shop, lights from the stores at night etc seem quite...radiant..i guess for lack of a better term. Like the white is bleeding a bit or something. Just curious if you guys are experiencing that or if I need to adjust some more to try and get rid of it. It bothers me for some reason. Thanks guys.

Play more Lester missions. He'll give you stock "tips". I invest in things like the Beer company because it tanked something like 200% in my game and it was down to $3-$4. I figured it would bounce back and it did. Worldwide FM was another good one for me. I don't plan on investing a lot in the market though.
The only way you'll come anything close to buying everything in the game is through the stock market. Also, I wouldn't reccomend doing the optional Lester missions until you beat the game, when'll you have alot more money to invest.

The only way you'll come anything close to buying everything in the game is through the stock market. Also, I wouldn't reccomend doing the optional Lester missions until you beat the game, when'll you have alot more money to invest.
Good tip. Thanks.

Uhg.. so is it just part of the story or is the bawsdaq down for everyone? When i try to go to the fruit stock i have in my portfolio or go to the green/brown bawsdaq page it says under maintenance.

I ask because my camera doesnt seem to be connecting well, and i figure a ton more people are playing on saturday than during the week.

and my game froze again when i took a photo, with disc 2 installed. But it seemed better, just sucks when it happens when im in the middle of a mission. -_-

Bawsaq has been up and down so much. It barely ever moves.

I don't know if I care that much to buy everything in the game tbh.

Trevor's 
torture
mission. Awesome. 

Uhg.. so is it just part of the story or is the bawsdaq down for everyone? When i try to go to the fruit stock i have in my portfolio or go to the green/brown bawsdaq page it says under maintenance.

I ask because my camera doesnt seem to be connecting well, and i figure a ton more people are playing on saturday than during the week.

and my game froze again when i took a photo, with disc 2 installed. But it seemed better, just sucks when it happens when im in the middle of a mission. -_-
you need to installed the disc 2 on usb, and the install disc on hdd for it to not freeze. lol

you need to installed the disc 2 on usb, and the install disc on hdd for it to not freeze. lol
No it was freezing when i was playing with disc 1 installed and disc 2 running not installed. So i installed it and was working fine till today. Might have something to do with the server maybe. Like i said the stock market page was showing up as under maintenance today, and a little later it was working. Think it has more to do with the servers and social club, and a lot of people using them.

ok I need to rant again, just don't worry about it, just my own bs.

Really, fucking a segment on doing fucking yoga? What happened to the GTA franchise being just fucking fun? What the flying fuck is going on. LIke what the flying fuck. I don't have that much time lately to play games so I have to be kind of choosey now and then on what to play and when I decide to play an hour or two I don't want to spend fucking 15/30 minutes doing fucking yoga for no fucking reason. God damn this. I was so excited for this game and now I'm just so mad I have to even do this shit. I'm going to stick with it like a dumbass of course though. But can anybody just tell me if it gets more fun after this? 

Yesterday I was doing a story mission that was basically just driving somewhere for 15 minutes and then that was really it. until I had to "chase" somebody but the car they give you isn't fast enough, so it's basically just driving for another 15 minutes until that person "runs out of juice." The fucking excitement was mind blowing. /sarcasm. 

I keep getting reminded of the time I was playing Saints Row 2 and I had a random mission where I had to go to an airport and just chainsaw protesters I think it was. I was blown away they had that in the first place and was having so much fun. It's the only of that franchise I played and I just remember it being "fun" and none of this bullshit yoga WHAT THE fuck. My fucking shit, the mission where you have to search the trains for that guy that hid and you open the train car doors and it takes fucking forever to open the fucking train car doors and you're just really? fucking really? Why does GTA still have to keep a foot in "reality." I don't fucking get it. OMG PLEASE BE MORE FUN GTA. I honestly think I'm missing something :(

whew ok, thanks.  Dont with my pointless rant nobody gives a shit about. That was therapeutic. I can go back to playing now...weeeeee.

but a question for anybody that knows: is there a way to make money besides main story and stock market??

ok I need to rant again, just don't worry about it, just my own bs.

Really, fucking a segment on doing fucking yoga? What happened to the GTA franchise being just fucking fun? What the flying fuck is going on. LIke what the flying fuck. I don't have that much time lately to play games so I have to be kind of choosey now and then on what to play and when I decide to play an hour or two I don't want to spend fucking 15/30 minutes doing fucking yoga for no fucking reason. God damn this. I was so excited for this game and now I'm just so mad I have to even do this shit. I'm going to stick with it like a dumbass of course though. But can anybody just tell me if it gets more fun after this?

Yesterday I was doing a story mission that was basically just driving somewhere for 15 minutes and then that was really it. until I had to "chase" somebody but the car they give you isn't fast enough, so it's basically just driving for another 15 minutes until that person "runs out of juice." The fucking excitement was mind blowing. /sarcasm.

I keep getting reminded of the time I was playing Saints Row 2 and I had a random mission where I had to go to an airport and just chainsaw protesters I think it was. I was blown away they had that in the first place and was having so much fun. It's the only of that franchise I played and I just remember it being "fun" and none of this bullshit yoga WHAT THE fuck. My fucking shit, the mission where you have to search the trains for that guy that hid and you open the train car doors and it takes fucking forever to open the fucking train car doors and you're just really? fucking really? Why does GTA still have to keep a foot in "reality." I don't fucking get it. OMG PLEASE BE MORE FUN GTA. I honestly think I'm missing something :(

whew ok, thanks. Dont with my pointless rant nobody gives a shit about. That was therapeutic. I can go back to playing now...weeeeee.

but a question for anybody that knows: is there a way to make money besides main story and stock market??
Saints Row IV is ready and waiting for you. :D

Biggest yield ater on is income through properties bought. Also the reason for all the other odd things you do, variety. Yes, it sounds like you'd like the Saints Row games.

Biggest yield ater on is income through properties bought. Also the reason for all the other odd things you do, variety. Yes, it sounds like you'd like the Saints Row games.

ok i see so a question then:

a lot of the property i come up to says Franklin is the one that can buy it and I'm usually playing someone else and Franklin doesn't have enough cash. Is there a way to know on the map who can buy what before I drive there. Also is there a way to transfer money between characters? Because Franklin is broke but my Michael is ballin'. thx!

a lot of the property i come up to says Franklin is the one that can buy it and I'm usually playing someone else and Franklin doesn't have enough cash. Is there a way to know on the map who can buy what before I drive there. Also is there a way to transfer money between characters? Because Franklin is broke but my Michael is ballin'. thx!
Some properties are character exclusive, and there isn't anyway to transfer money between characters, although there are some pretty profitable side mission stuff you can do

Help people you find throughout the map. They appear as blue dots. Kill hookers. 

One thing that really pissed me off about this game. I stole the car that looks like a mustang as Franklin. I put it in my garage on grove street and I pimped it out after the first heist. I parked it back in the garage and then took it out after a mission. I guess I didn't park it back in a garage.I thought I parked it in my 2nd house. I was under the impression that once you put a car in the garage, let alone put money into it, it was considered a car you own. Therefore, the car would always be there for you to use again like Franklins other three cars. Low and behold, I boot up my game and the car isn't there. It isn't in a single garage or house. That sh*t is really annoying. What's the point of tuning your cars if they don't stay in your garage unless you actually own them? Can you buy every car in the game? I checked multiple phones on my website and I couldn't find that car (the mustang looking one) on them

No it was freezing when i was playing with disc 1 installed and disc 2 running not installed. So i installed it and was working fine till today. Might have something to do with the server maybe. Like i said the stock market page was showing up as under maintenance today, and a little later it was working. Think it has more to do with the servers and social club, and a lot of people using them.

ROCKSTAR said to only install the first disc and play disc 2 off the disc... for some reason having disc 2 installed causes issues...

heading to bed... sorry no link...

trevor... in all his paranoid wisdom would say they just want your laser to eat a hole in the disc so you have to buy another copy!

Answer...

When i was a character the properties that i couldnt buy looked grey, as the ones i could buy looked white. At least i think so. It makes sense as i was Trevor and i saw some Los Santos Customs, along with the hollywood movie theater locations grey, while others were more white. When i say grey vs white i mean the icon inside the black house.

Help people you find throughout the map. They appear as blue dots. Kill hookers.

One thing that really pissed me off about this game. I stole the car that looks like a mustang as Franklin. I put it in my garage on grove street and I pimped it out after the first heist. I parked it back in the garage and then took it out after a mission. I guess I didn't park it back in a garage.I thought I parked it in my 2nd house. I was under the impression that once you put a car in the garage, let alone put money into it, it was considered a car you own. Therefore, the car would always be there for you to use again like Franklins other three cars. Low and behold, I boot up my game and the car isn't there. It isn't in a single garage or house. That sh*t is really annoying. What's the point of tuning your cars if they don't stay in your garage unless you actually own them? Can you buy every car in the game? I checked multiple phones on my website and I couldn't find that car (the mustang looking one) on them
Yeah i had a van that i stored at someones house and its gone now. -_- This has always been a problem for GTA games. What i did was just upgrade the characters default cars, so i know they wont just disappear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVCPKxujpE

Stayed away from videos because I didn't want to see anything. Granted there are no spoilers here but it still shows off the fun activities you'll discover and a few story in-game cinematics. Although the cliff notes is talking about the side activities, making money on the in-game stock market, & exploring the city.

I also recommend checking out Adam's review, quite articulate.

That's odd, I've tricked out my cars and saved them in my garage or my home's garage and they were there last time I played. My fav right now is the Volt Super car lol I was surprised at how fast it goes (without engine upgrades mind you) and how many NPC's commented on it while I drove past.

Picked this up today on a semi impulse. Fun game like the others, but HARD. I had to do the first two missions several times to beat them.

I played for 3 hours straight. I haven't played a game like that for quite awhile.

Stayed away from videos because I didn't want to see anything. Granted there are no spoilers here but it still shows off the fun activities you'll discover and a few story in-game cinematics. Although the cliff notes is talking about the side activities, making money on the in-game stock market, & exploring the city.

That's odd, I've tricked out my cars and saved them in my garage or my home's garage and they were there last time I played. My fav right now is the Volt Super car lol I was surprised at how fast it goes (without engine upgrades mind you) and how many NPC's commented on it while I drove past.
cool beans, ill check that out, thanks!

I got to the torture mission last night and I'm starting to ease into it a little better. that mission was fun.

Yea they stay in the garage but if you take the car out and it gets destroyed or you leave it somewhere it won't respawn back at your garage like the characters cars that they own. That's what annoys me.

Edit: Now my mustang looking car is back in Franklins second house. :whistle2:k

cool beans, ill check that out, thanks!

I got to the torture mission last night and I'm starting to ease into it a little better. that mission was fun.
I was surprised how 'tame' the torture scene was. The way that media outlets were talking about it made it seem like it was going to be incredibly graphic and disturbing. It's not so much descensitization, as much as I think I've seen worse in episodes of 24, which aired on public television.

I'm actually more surprised by how much is shown and said in the strip clubs and by the prostitutes.

I still don't like the police setup in this game, though. Something about how cops just spawn at random when in pursuit, and how they can still sometimes see you through walls and varying elevation is annoying.

I've only upgraded Franklin's car, and never had issues with losing the upgrades since. I've read that there can be an issue with Trevor's truck and Michael's FAudi.

That James Bond mission had the best car, though.

If you guys cant find your cars check the Impound lot. Thats where I found my tuned Ruiner after it disappeared. I do wish once you customized it it would always be around just like the default cars though.

i love the game.....  i give it a 10 out of 10....

still though... would love to see maybe a patch to fix this stuff...

Audio Options! - i serously hate that the dialouge does not have it's own volume....  if i turn down the sound effects, because car/vehicle engines are too loud.... and i want to hear the music...  when a cutscene happens i can barely hear them talking..... (

Music Issues! - when streaming my own music into the game, it would be great it if could just turn off when a cutscene happens..... alot of games already do this!!

DLC that i'd like to see and be happy to pay for....

More Radio Stations!! ... More talk radio would be great too! since I've heard it all by now.... lol.... at least i think i have, every time i put on talk radio it;s something i've heard before...

Twisted Metal! - it would be awesome if there was a garge that could add some weapons to the cars, maybe they could add it on as DLC and we can start dropping spikes and having machine gun headlights on any cars! ... would also be cool to add in an ejector seat to cars.... oil slicks.... ect... just general gizmos to bring mayhem....

Cruise Control! -- i'm a cheap SOB but i'd be happy to pay $5 to be able to have cruise control.... it doesn't seem like something too hard to add on....  it's be great.. not just for driving around... but sticking a bomb on the car and jumping out....  lol... stuff like that... but yeah... cruise control, damn! maybe hit the RB button or something...

Haircuts - I want to add alot more hair cuts to my peeps..... mostly trevor! lol... i'd pay for some bears/hair styles...

more tattoos....

Cars that double as submarines or boats....

squirrel suits (you know, for sky diving)

hang gliders

..... i can't be the only one who wants to nuke Los Santos, can i? :)

what would i like to see in the next GTA?

everything they did in gtav plus all the little stuff i mentioned......

first person view, at least while in vehicles...

more alternate camera angles.....

alot less "locked" buildings...

ability to destroy buildings....... at least trailers! lol...

more hobbies...... at least add in poker... every gangsta enjoys a few hands of poker.

fully customizable main characters...

More indepth hiest planning.......  give us a ton of different ways to rob a place, and not just a story mission..... basically being able to freely choose from all the stuff they gave us (using them in a combination) a top of a bunch more little things...   

i could go on and on.. but i gotta poop....

bread's done
Back