Grand Theft Auto V - 11/14 New trailer released! We're bouncin' now!

Hey guys, I am wondering what, if any, differences there will be for the different console versions of GTA V. What are the upsides and downsides of each version? I am wanting to possibly change my pre-order depending on this. I have both consoles I just can't decide which to get.

I'm guessing:

Controller preference.

XBOX Live multiplayer vs PSN.

Any performance differences?

Will PS3 be one disc while 360 is multi-disc?

etc

From what I heard there is one disk for the ps3 and two for the 360(Install disk and the game disk itself) and there isn't really a difference performance/graphically wise.

For the xbox live vs psn discussion, I feel that xbox live is the better of the two because more people have mics and its more stable, but that's my opinon.

From what I heard there is one disk for the ps3 and two for the 360(Install disk and the game disk itself) and there isn't really a difference performance/graphically wise.

For the xbox live vs psn discussion, I feel that xbox live is the better of the two because more people have mics and its more stable, but that's my opinon.
I feel the same way. If you have more friends/games on xbox 360 and are willing to pay for live, get the xbox 360 version. If you have more friends/games for ps3 get that version. As far as I can tell they are not going to pull crap like they did with COD to where one console gets stuff earlier, so I don't think it's going to matter as far as that goes. I'm personally getting the xbox 360 collectors edition because I have more friends on xbox 360 and I don't own a ps3 lol

So from what I've read, multiplayer won't be available until October. Is that right?

Kind of turns me off from buying the game on launch day. I was hoping to tear shit up online the morning/night of release.

So whos setting up the crew for online to take over? Looks like it could be a lot of fun playing with a bunch of people

The CAG crew from Max Payne 3 should carry over. Not exactly sure if it's invite only or if anyone can join it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So from what I've read, multiplayer won't be available until October. Is that right?

Kind of turns me off from buying the game on launch day. I was hoping to tear shit up online the morning/night of release.

The CAG crew from Max Payne 3 should carry over. Not exactly sure if it's invite only or if anyone can join it.
Yea, it's so people could get a feel of the game and story.

Hey Hydro. Been a while. Haven't been playing anything on 360, but I will be getting this.

I think you can request to join, but I'm not 100% sure. Here's the link to the crew, if anyone is interesting in joining:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/cag_payne

If it's invite only, send a PM to JDawgg76 to join.

Hey Hydro. Been a while. Haven't been playing anything on 360, but I will be getting this.

I think you can request to join, but I'm not 100% sure. Here's the link to the crew, if anyone is interesting in joining:

If it's invite only, send a PM to JDawgg76 to join.
Damn, I am 19th on that leaderboard lol. Yeah Max Payne 3 is sitting in my backlog atm, gotta get back into that.

The song "Bad Boys" in the game?! YES!  I'm picking this up day 1. :whee:Although, I like this "version" of the song the best:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7miz5_the-simpsons-bad-cops_shortfilms

I may not be the only one who's thought about this, but I think the online multiplayer is a test, to see if there's is a market for an Online only GTA game. The fact that this is the first time Rockstar has given any MP mode, it's own title (GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE), as well as treating it almost as a separate game.

Also, I believe one of the reasons why the online mode was delayed until October 1st, was to make sure it's ready, in addition to have people experience the SP part of the game. I think they're waiting to see if creating a GTA MMO game, could be a smart investment.

I for one, would love to see it sometime down the line. As long as it's not a subscription base game.

Crew Hierarchy for Social Club

actual_1377442028.jpg

Crew Leaders can assign special rank to any and all members (Crew members will otherwise all be defaulted to the designation of Muscle) across the following four tiers:

• Commissioners: The Crew’s most trusted member(s) - that essential right-hand man or woman that the Leader relies on for Vice Presidential advisement and executive action. Commissioners have the power to manage and administrate all aspects of the Crew on behalf of the Leader, including the ability to promote members internally or invite new members in.
  • Lieutenants: Made members with specific privileges to keep the Crew in check and hand out promotions or demotions amongst sub-ordinate ranks. Crew Representatives and the mob of Muscle would be wise to keep their Lieutenants (and above) sweet.
  • Representatives: A tier of Crew members who have shown and proved their commitment to the clique - whether with ace performance in competitive modes, or just by rocking their Crew's emblem faithfully since day one. Crew Leaders can assign these special players as Representatives who will have basic permissions to aid recruitment efforts.
  • Muscle: The rank-and-file mob of Crew members who are happy to play their position of causing some havoc Online, doing their Crew's emblem justice and fighting for its good name. Muscle-level members may not have nor want any administrative power but they're often the heart and soul of what makes your Crew fearsome. Ambitious Muscle who are looking to prove themselves to the Crew Leader and rise up the ranks may even prove a threat to their Crew superiors, if any are deemed to be slacking on their responsibilities or performance.

im really starting to thin it's possible they might sell gta online service as it's own thing after launch and not make you buy the full retail game not sure why you would not want to play the single player but im sure their are people that just want the online.

only downside of the online play is that it's only 16 players the giant world as it is would be amazing fun with like 25 people but 16 can still be amazing like gta 4

im really starting to thin it's possible they might sell gta online service as it's own thing after launch and not make you buy the full retail game not sure why you would not want to play the single player but im sure their are people that just want the online.

only downside of the online play is that it's only 16 players the giant world as it is would be amazing fun with like 25 people but 16 can still be amazing like gta 4
It wouldn't make sense, because as a business, they would want the full game to sell, to make the money they spent making the game back. If people buy the game, just to play the MP, they'll still make their money. And if someone buys it used, they would likely have to buy a Rockstar Pass. I could see an online only GTA game one day. If there's money to be made from it of course.

Maybe the XB1 & PS4 could start to handle more than 16 players. 64 players playing GTA Online would of been cool on a console. It would of been madness! :twoguns:

16 can still be crazy madness i still play gta 4 online and when you get into games with out mods it's still great fun.
Of course. I've played RDR MP with a full room, & it was a ton of fun. I'm just saying with the size of the city & the different options, 64 players would of benefit it quite well. Even 32 would of been cool, but sadly, you can't with the current consoles. It won't take away from the enjoyment of GTA Online though.

Regardless if it's 16, 32, or 64 players, on October 1st, insanity will ensue!

I found info on which street gangs will appear in GTA V

(NOTE: I'm not putting the name of the gangs here because of it being a spoiler. If you don't mind the spoilers you can click on each link and find out the gang names)

Gang #1

Gang #2

Gang #3

Anyway I hope you'll be able to like pick on which gang you will side with  and get missions against the rival gangs, that would be hella fun

As we get closer to the release date, information & rumors will be increasing. I ask to be please be respectful to other members & NOT post anything with potential spoilers. If you do post something with spoilers, please use the
tags.
18 more days.  :bouncy:

Thank you.

i'm hearing rumors that online play WILL be playable at launch but the new modes not on gta 4 will not be used till oct 1st good chance as a game update. 

i'm hearing rumors that online play WILL be playable at launch but the new modes not on gta 4 will not be used till oct 1st good chance as a game update.
I sure hope this is true. I normally dive into MP day one and play single player later on when I'm bored.

15 days left! ive been playing the shit out of GTA4 again just doing random stuff (jumps,races,pigeons) to try and get the 100% achievement and i forgot how good the random encounters are.

1. I don't believe this to be true at all.

2. If this turns out to be true, it would be a bad idea. Once the game is out, they be wise to spend the next 2 weeks doing final tests on the GTA Online mode. It would be worth the wait. Plus, it'll be like reliving the days of when games had NO multiplayer. *feeling nostalgic*

Rockstar Games

Ever since its debut as the getaway car in the opening moments of Grand Theft Auto III, the Bravado Banshee has been a symbol of the ultimate American sports car. With its aggressive, oversized styling and powerful engine, it became a mainstay as one of the most sought after high-performance rides from coast to coast - from Liberty City all the way to Los Santos...

Significant work went into creating this real world version of the 2013 model featured in Grand Theft Auto V. Utilizing state-of-the-art fabrication technologies, molds for the exterior were cut and machined piece-by-piece for the high performance base vehicle. With these molds each panel was laid out by hand to create an entirely new exterior resulting in a screen accurate reproduction of the Banshee.

Referencing the model and textures of the in-game car, the interior was handcrafted and stitched to capture the look and feel of its detailed cockpit, with seats upholstered and embroidered with the Banshee name and insignia. The dashboard, door panels and center console were reconfigured and finished with carbon inlays. And finally, a multi-speaker premium sound system was installed before giving it the iconic metallic blue exterior complete with ice white racing stripe.

The result is a one-of-kind supercar worthy of representing the Banshee's heritage and a tribute to some of the deep customization options you'll find in the Los Santos Customs shops of GTA V, where you can equip and style your vehicles with a wide range of visual and performance-based enhancements.

This month, GameStop is offering the chance to win this one-of-a-kind vehicle as part of the PowerUp Rewards™ Epic Rewards Giveaway™.

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/PUR/Enter/EpicRewardSep13Presenting the 2013 GTAV Bravado Banshee (12 photos)
Awesome

Gotta love Rockstar

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/real-gang-members-feature-as-voice-actors-in-gta-v

Including one gang member who had only been released from prison one day prior to recording.

“And we brought these guys in to record the gang characters because, you know, you don't want a goofy LA actor who went to a fancy school trying to be a hard gang member. There's nothing worse than that. So just go find the real, terrifying people and say, ‘Can you come in here please?’ And they look at the lines and they say, ‘I wouldn’t say that. If I was upset at another gang, I wouldn't say that.’ So, well, then say what you would say. Authenticity, you know?

“There’s a lot of sessions that we would have where we would just throw the script on the floor and be, like, 'This thing we wrote is irrelevant, let’s actually work out something real.'”

I read that article, & all I said was WOWWWWWW! They took what made the RDR multiplayer good & took it up 11 notches. This can definitely be a seperate game, with all the work that went into this. I still think this a test, to see if an Rockstar online only game can sell.

One thing that someone brought up in the comments, that I didn't think about is
people camping near the ATM to steal your money. In that case, it would a good idea to be rolling with people to watch out while one deposits money.

Here's the link to join the CAG crew:

I saw the latest trailer on TV tonight. Granted, I'm a cheap SOB who only gets premium channels in SD, but the game looked alot more low-res than what I've seen before. I think shipwreck or wombat said something similar a few days ago on their neverending twitter feed, and of course there were all sorts of comments from a hands-off demo a few months ago about how things looked kinda janky.

I know it seems silly to get hung-up on the graphics, but it's not just about looking pretty... I don't want to play a game that doesn't perform well because it was actually designed for a next-gen system or something. I definitely hope they're not feeding us bullshots here.

people camping near the ATM to steal your money. In that case, it would a good idea to be rolling with people to watch out while one deposits money.
That might be a problem for an MMO, but this is only 16 players, right? I don't think it would be an issue with a map of this size.

I saw the latest trailer on TV tonight. Granted, I'm a cheap SOB who only gets premium channels in SD, but the game looked alot more low-res than what I've seen before. I think shipwreck or wombat said something similar a few days ago on their neverending twitter feed, and of course there were all sorts of comments from a hands-off demo a few months ago about how things looked kinda janky.

I know it seems silly to get hung-up on the graphics, but it's not just about looking pretty... I don't want to play a game that doesn't perform well because it was actually designed for a next-gen system or something. I definitely hope they're not feeding us bullshots here.

That might be a problem for an MMO, but this is only 16 players, right? I don't think it would be an issue with a map of this size.
Yeah, it's only 16 players. I guess you're right, but I'll keeping my eyes out for that.

As far as the game looking low-res, none of the trailers looked that way. Keep in mind, there are channels that still use MPEG-2 compression, instead of MPEG-4 compression used on sites like Youtube. Add the fact that you're watching something made in HD in SD quality, that may also be a factor.

Both RDB & MP3 didn't look low-res, so I seriously doubt this will look low-res.

I read that article, & all I said was WOWWWWWW! They took what made the RDR multiplayer good & took it up 11 notches. This can definitely be a seperate game, with all the work that went into this. I still think this a test, to see if an Rockstar online only game can sell.

Here's the link to join the CAG crew:

Yeah better make friends fast lol

Um no offense but graphics are directly related to how big the game world is and GTA V is mother f'n huge. There's also a difference of not as high res textures as you'd want and the game's frame rate dropping which until you can get the launch day copy I don't think you can make that remark.

Also watch videos in HD on a computer or something lol.

bread's done
Back