Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

I don't think it's been mentioned but GMG's pre-order for Metal Gear Revengence is up, and you can use this code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 to get $4, bringing it to $16 for the pre-order. Beats steam and amazons price. I ended up grabbing a copy as I've been wanting that since it came out for the consoles.

The other Assassin's Creed games seem to be 75% off -- with the 20% code, that makes them as cheap as they'll ever be, methinks.  It's also the first time that Ubisoft has made their games available on GMG to a North American audience.  My only question is about the DRM.  The game pages say that they require Uplay to play, but also Capsule to download.  Wouldn't we be given a Uplay code where we could redeem them and then download them directly from Ubisoft's client?  I'd be interested, but not if I have to install and deal with Capsule, too.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/assassins-creed-brotherhood-na/

The other Assassin's Creed games seem to be 75% off -- with the 20% code, that makes them as cheap as they'll ever be, methinks. It's also the first time that Ubisoft has made their games available on GMG to a North American audience. My only question is about the DRM. The game pages say that they require Uplay to play, but also Capsule to download. Wouldn't we be given a Uplay code where we could redeem them and then download them directly from Ubisoft's client? I'd be interested, but not if I have to install and deal with Capsule, too.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/assassins-creed-brotherhood-na/
Historically the DD seller (e.g. GMG, GG, Amazon, etc) had to provide the install files, you had to download and install normally... it then got attachd to your Uplay account, but you couldn't download from Uplay. In the past year, Uplay added Steam/Origin key redeption. You should jus tneed the key from GMG now. (Works fro GG keys.)

Don't worry, I'm sure they're already making reservations.
A quote from one of the reviews:

"If there are any David Cage fanboys reading this, buy this game right now"

Oh damn. I don't think I can stop myself. My hand, it has a mind of its own. It's reaching for my wallet!

As an aside, if you google David Cage right now you'll see Beyond: Two Souls listed under his movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but on GMG do you put the promo code in the "redeem voucher" box at checkout, or is there an actual promotional code box?

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but on GMG do you put the promo code in the "redeem voucher" box at checkout, or is there an actual promotional code box?
Correct.

And just to be clear, it will only apply to only one item at a time, but it is multiple use.

Now I'm trying to purchase Guild Wars 2, but when I try to use the code for 25%, it says not valid. Anyone getting this?

I also tried to use it on Titanfall pre-order, but no go.

Now I'm trying to purchase Guild Wars 2, but when I try to use the code for 25%, it says not valid. Anyone getting this?

I also tried to use it on Titanfall pre-order, but no go.
I'm not sure which code you're using, but the 25%-ers are usually only good on select games. The 20% voucher is the general use one.

I'm not sure which code you're using, but the 25%-ers are usually only good on select games. The 20% voucher is the general use one.
Oh ok. Is this the one for 20% off: GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

I tried that one too, but no luck.

Also, thanks for the help and not being a dick. I'm new to PC gaming, and I've never used GMG before. I appreciate your help.

Also, thanks for the help and not being a dick.
Eh, you hit me on an off day.

But, yeah, that code I would think should work on GW2. I could understand them not activating any additional promos for Titanfall. Typically, if GMG offers a sizable credit/cashback, than that is all you get (outside of the occasional glitched sales).

Edit: Is it coming up invalid or is the button staying grey after copy and pasting the code? If the latter, just press the space bar after pasting.

Thanks for the link! That answered a lot of my questions. I still can't get that code to work on the Guild Wars 2 PC download. Any thoughts? It says it's good until 1/6/14.
Hmm, yeah, I just gave that a shot on GW2... "Unable to add the voucher"

yet the code clearly states for all. Weird. Try contacting them.

That Blog is the link at the top of the GMG front page, fyi

http://www.greenmangaming.com/
Winter Sale in progress + 20% off general code: GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

Top Sellers (prices before 20% coupon code):
1 Counter Strike: GO $3.74
2 The Walking Dead $6.24
3 Batman Arkham Origins $24.99
4 The Walking Dead: 400 Days $2.49
5 Batman Origins Season Pass $9.99
6 Counter Strike: Source $4.99
7 Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $7.49
8 LEGO Marvel $14.99
9 Godus $9.99
10 Counter Strike $2.49

I think I could effectively masturbate to this list.

Good god. I just might hit the $50 mark this holiday!

Of course it's legit -- it's a promo that came with AMD graphics cards.  Now, whether or not you can actually trust the person on the other end is debatable.

Current top sellers, price before coupon in bold
Thanks for the list. I likely wouldn't have realized I could knock off the first two Deus Ex games off my Steam wish list for under 3 dollars** without it. I just never shop at GMG, or really another other digital provider, as I just want to keep a nice and simple collection on Steam*... Not 4 or so different websites/programes. (*I do use GOG at times)

** I traded in my Divinity II Gold Edition I got from joining their website a long time ago for an even better deal. :D

Now if I can resist F1 Classic Edition... That's a really solid deal and I've been wanting a real race game... Even if it is open wheel.

Thanks for the list. I likely wouldn't have realized I could knock off the first two Deus Ex games off my Steam wish list for under 3 dollars** without it. I just never shop at GMG, or really another other digital provider, as I just want to keep a nice and simple collection on Steam*... Not 4 or so different websites/programes. (*I do use GOG at times)

** I traded in my Divinity II Gold Edition I got from joining their website a long time ago for an even better deal. :D

Now if I can resist F1 Classic Edition... That's a really solid deal and I've been wanting a real race game... Even if it is open wheel.
Most people say it's very very close to F1 2012. The main differentiator is the classic content. I want it, but I've got enough atm to keep me on the track and outta jail. At least with the annual-release games, I know I'll be able to pick it up cheaper in 9-12 months.

But yeah tempting.

That'd make it $5. Unless they've reverted the policy, EC coupons don't apply to games <=$5.
http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1tjv8i/amazon_digital_holiday_continues_25_off_star_wars/

Q: Can I use a credit on a game that costs $5 or less? (Get the game for free?)

A: Yes, the credit will work on items that cost $5 or less, making them free.
but I actually meant this:

Thank you for your purchase of a 2K game from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $5 promotional credit towards the pre-order of NBA 2K14. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D93B5VI click "Pre-order PC Download" and your credit will be automatically applied. Credit must be used by 9/24/2014.
It says preorder but it works.

I supposed if it combines with EC at price 7.5-10$ it would be ok(=free) too :D

Hmmm - so, is NBA 2K14 much different than 2K13?

(I have 2K13)

Anything of much new in 2K14, for game-modes and gameplay?
there's a Lebron mode, where you can, ya know, be Lebron. other than that, just minor improvements overall, like all annualized sports games.

Hmmm - so, is NBA 2K14 much different than 2K13?

(I have 2K13)

Anything of much new in 2K14, for game-modes and gameplay?
Major difference is in the controls. Right analog is now the "trick stick" and does...well, everything. It shoots, it dribbles, it passes...takes some getting used to. Beyond that, it's similar. Less blingy in the menus. I wish I hadn't bought it, but I have also said that about the previous two iterations.

haven't played an NBA game (besides NBA Jam) since the original Xbox. Is there a pretty big learning curve if I just jump in to NBA 2k14?

also, is the PC version technically competent and not just a shoddy port?

haven't played an NBA game (besides NBA Jam) since the original Xbox. Is there a pretty big learning curve if I just jump in to NBA 2k14?

also, is the PC version technically competent and not just a shoddy port?
The PC port runs very well, and there are a number of graphical mods/tweaks you can add to make it look vastly superior to the console (PS3/360) versions. Unfortunately, this is NOT the PS4/X1 version.

Also, 2K has a long history of ignoring the PC release, so any bugs you come across probably will never get patched out. 2K11 and 2K12 each received ONE patch which arrived around 6 months after the game was launched.

They sell us an okay game at a great discount over the console costs. It's a fair trade, I guess, although rather disappointing to long-term fans.

Most people say it's very very close to F1 2012. The main differentiator is the classic content. I want it, but I've got enough atm to keep me on the track and outta jail. At least with the annual-release games, I know I'll be able to pick it up cheaper in 9-12 months.

But yeah tempting.
Yeah, if I bought this I would regret not buying Assetto Corsa even more than I do already... and I really regret not buying it as systemrequirements.com says my PC WOULD actually run it even though my video card is below the requirements... (its a Radeon 5850.)

Yeah, if I bought this I would regret not buying Assetto Corsa even more than I do already... and I really regret not buying it as systemrequirements.com says my PC WOULD actually run it even though my video card is below the requirements... (its a Radeon 5850.)
My GTX 660 with settings maxed (including 8xMSAA) is pulling around 100 FPS @ 1680x1050*... never below 80. I can give it a shot with my GTX 260 (~4870 i think) if you like.

*my 75 Hz monitor, stilling in front of my G27 setup.

bread's done
Back