GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that this is only tangentially on topic jp.

Does anyone know if more than one PUR rewards coupon can be used in the same purchase. I'm talking about the coupons you get when you redeem your rewards points. I know you can only use one promo in a transaction, but I'm wondering if a B2G1 coupon and a $10 off your next Gamestop purchase coupon could be used together. (Or if 2 $10 off coupons could be used in the same purchase) Thanks to anyone who might know the answer.

[quote name='bgame2']Sorry that this is only tangentially on topic jp.

Does anyone know if more than one PUR rewards coupon can be used in the same purchase. I'm talking about the coupons you get when you redeem your rewards points. I know you can only use one promo in a transaction, but I'm wondering if a B2G1 coupon and a $10 off your next Gamestop purchase coupon could be used together. (Or if 2 $10 off coupons could be used in the same purchase) Thanks to anyone who might know the answer.[/QUOTE]

You can only use 1 at a time. I had 3 of them once and they had me use them in 3 different transactions.

Bullet storm. 20
assasins creed bro. 20
test drive unlimeted 2. 15
homefront. 20
dirt 2. 11
gow 3. 8
dead rising 2. 16
these were all ps3 and traded in today

Will work on updating TIVs later in day but here is a message I received earlier.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']The next PowerSaver Sale starts April 1st, when I get a list of titles I will send them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bgame2']Sorry that this is only tangentially on topic jp.

Does anyone know if more than one PUR rewards coupon can be used in the same purchase. I'm talking about the coupons you get when you redeem your rewards points. I know you can only use one promo in a transaction, but I'm wondering if a B2G1 coupon and a $10 off your next Gamestop purchase coupon could be used together. (Or if 2 $10 off coupons could be used in the same purchase) Thanks to anyone who might know the answer.[/QUOTE]

Not only can you only use 1 coupon per transaction, but if there is a default B2G1 Free in store promo going on, you CAN'T use your coupon at all, sure pissed me off.

[quote name='Vanacloud']Does the Trade 3 / 5 thing stack with the extra 25% towards the new games? so if i trade in 3 games, itll be 35% instead of 25..?[/QUOTE]

Trade promos never stack with each other. They only stack with Edge/Power Up Pro. There's a whole FAQ on the first page that can answer questions like this.

[quote name='Denbo32']Got an email for 40% on all xbox 360 trade in at gamestop with powerup card.[/QUOTE]

Also got this
1 week only!
  • Gather up your Xbox 360 games to trade
  • Bring them into any GameStop store
  • Present your PowerUp Rewards card with trades
  • Get 40% extra in-store credit from 3/24 - 3/30

[quote name='Denbo32']Got an email for 40% on all xbox 360 trade in at gamestop with powerup card.[/QUOTE]I also got the same email today.

Do you need to be a power up pro member? I have a regular power up card and I did not get such an email (though I got a few in the past).

also got the email! also, is anyone else surprised at how many Reward points they have?

I haven't been keeping track of them since I got grandfathered into a new card back in October(?) of last year...

well, i check my account just to see, and i have 9000 points. Totally enough to buy some swag off their prize section!

Must be from all those trade-ins my brother does using my card

[quote name='blissskr']Also got this
1 week only!
  • Gather up your Xbox 360 games to trade
  • Bring them into any GameStop store
  • Present your PowerUp Rewards card with trades
  • Get 40% extra in-store credit from 3/24 - 3/30
[/QUOTE]

I got this too but I wodner will thew coupon stack with preorder mortal kombat bonus?

[quote name='JP']Will work on updating TIVs later in day but here is a message I received earlier.[/QUOTE]

april fools joke, possibly? or is it usually on april 1st, cant remember

[quote name='Denbo32']Got an email for 40% on all xbox 360 trade in at gamestop with powerup card.[/QUOTE]

I just got this NOW, odd some of you got it yesterday, makes sense since it started yesterday though. I'll definitely be taking some stuff in now, might get Crysis 2. Thought the first one was a fun but flawed game and looks like they improved upon the second one.

Although now that the powersaver sale has been announced I may have to wait and see if there's anything a little older in that sale that I have yet to pick up...

I also just got the extra 40% 360 trade-in e-mail.

Anyone know if the 40% includes the 10% you always get with the PUR or is it effectively 50% extra trade in with PUR (10% + 40%)?

It's not a printable coupon, just an e-mail. It does say it's for PUR members, so I think as long as you are a PUR member you should get the extra credit even if you don't get the e-mail.

[quote name='ryemm']I also just got the extra 40% 360 trade-in e-mail.

Anyone know if the 40% includes the 10% you always get with the PUR or is it effectively 50% extra trade in with PUR (10% + 40%)?[/QUOTE]

i just got back trading in some xbox 360 games u do get the 40% plus the 10% so u get 50% =)

[quote name='walterj13']i just got back trading in some xbox 360 games u do get the 40% plus the 10% so u get 50% =)[/QUOTE]

Nice, time to finish some games and get in before the TIVs start dropping like crazy...if they haven't already.

I got my card in February and have almost 7000 points on it. I got the email about the 40% bonus, but I don't think I really have any games to trade in. :(

[quote name='JJSP']Can't wait to see the lineup for PowerSaver. Just got a PS3 and I'm looking to pick up cheap stuff.[/QUOTE]

Congrats man, aweome system and tons of great games that are cheap now.:)

[quote name='jcp42877']also got the email! also, is anyone else surprised at how many Reward points they have?

I haven't been keeping track of them since I got grandfathered into a new card back in October(?) of last year...

well, i check my account just to see, and i have 9000 points. Totally enough to buy some swag off their prize section!

Must be from all those trade-ins my brother does using my card[/QUOTE]

9k points you can either get a coupon for 5 bucks off or use it for plush toys. I got a packman plush and a pokemon one.

[quote name='Ketsui']Are Powerup members who have the "free" card are eligble for the 40% trade in bonus????[/QUOTE]

Yes, you just don't get the extra 10%.

Gonna trade in AC:Brotherhood today for 30 dollars or so, which is about what I paid for it. Probably going to pick up BC2 Vietnam and Saints Row 2?

I don't really know if the Gamestop people quite know about this sale, they keep telling me about how you need to trade seven games to get to 40 percent.

Gonna trade in AC:Brotherhood today for 30 dollars or so, which is about what I paid for it. Probably going to pick up BC2 Vietnam and Saints Row 2?

I don't really know if the Gamestop people quite know about this sale, they keep telling me about how you need to trade seven games to get to 40 percent.

it'll ring up in their computer regardless - they don't have to activate it via a barcode or anything - don't worry

[quote name='ryemm']I also just got the extra 40% 360 trade-in e-mail.

Anyone know if the 40% includes the 10% you always get with the PUR or is it effectively 50% extra trade in with PUR (10% + 40%)?[/QUOTE]

Powerup is always, always, always an additional 10%.

[quote name='gorebago']it'll ring up in their computer regardless - they don't have to activate it via a barcode or anything - don't worry[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sounds like they're just mistaking for the tiered trade-in. It's a safe assumption that nobody even told them about the 40% promo in the first place.

Traded in today, base TIV, 3/25:

Xbox 360:
Vanquish - 12
Bulletstorm - 20
Dead Space - 7
Borderlands - 6
Forza 3 - 10
Fable 3 - 18

PS3:
Heavy Rain - 15

xbox 360 as of 3/26

Splatterhouse - $15
Transformers: War for Cybertron - $11
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $30
MLB 2K11 - $24
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 - $18

[quote name='jdizzydot']xbox 360 as of 3/26

Splatterhouse - $15
Transformers: War for Cybertron - $11
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $30
MLB 2K11 - $24
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 - $18[/QUOTE]

Are these base or after bonus?

Traded these in today (Base TIV)...

:ps3:
- Tomb Raider Underworld - $6
- WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - $17
- WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - $7
- Street Fighter IV - $4

PS2
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sub - $2
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Sub - $3
- God of War - $1.55

:360:
- Halo 3: ODST - $5

[quote name='nietzsche74']Knights Contract (PS3): $19[/QUOTE]
How is this game? I've been looking into it since I saw some post release gameplay footage of it. I've heard it's an action RPG.

I was tempted to pick it up from Zavvi.com and have it shipped to the US recently, since they just had it on sale for 50-60% off.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How is this game? I've been looking into it since I saw some post release gameplay footage of it. I've heard it's an action RPG.

I was tempted to pick it up from Zavvi.com and have it shipped to the US recently, since they just had it on sale for 50-60% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't realize I put in the wrong TIV.

Anyway, Gametrailers just put up their review of it, you should check that out. The graphics are pretty ugly, and though I haven't played through the whole thing, it's supposed to get frustrating as hell. In it's favour, though, it's presentation of a medieval European setting is a bit more unique than most other fantasy based hack 'n slash games (it's not quite an action RPG), and the story is something different as well. Also, the controls are very easy to pick up, even after a few days away from the game.

I traded it more for the fact that there was something else I wanted, not because I really hated it (though I'd really rather not get bogged down in a game that's unecessarily frustrating when I have so many other games I've barely touched.) I was also disappointed that it didn't quite have that Bayonetta\Devil May Cry level of wackiness that my initial impressions of the game led me to anticipate.

You should have went for it when it was 50% though, it's still a decent game, but I just wouldn't suggest full retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back