GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
TIV for 8/21

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - $7
Red Dead Redemption - $24
COD: World at War - $10
Terminator: Salvation - $5
Battlefield Bad Company - $2.50
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $4

DS
Scribblenauts - $8

Some of the stuff I traded in today (8/21):

360:
Halo 3 - $5
Darksiders - $9

Wii:
Mario Kart wheel - $2.25

PS2:
MLB Power Pros 2008 - $1.50

DS:
Trauma Center: UTK - $2
Trauma Center: UTK 2 - $3 (these two may be switched, can't tell on the receipt)

I have 2 gamestops near me within 5 min of eachother. Walked into one today just browsing and they were taking down all the games/signs/etc. I asked what was up and they said they were told a few days ago to shut down. That totally stinks. I know there are still tons of gamestops around here, and they were too close to eachother to be competitive with noone but themselves, but that stinks. I guess I can't double dip my deals or b2g1f then flip at the other gamestop anymore... oh wells...

[quote name='reddjoey']LOL at the obvious flips[/QUOTE]

Not all listed values are good flips. I always check/call around and some games go to Gamestop, Amazon/Gazelle, or Goozex.

In games from TRU the best flips to GS are:
The Bigs 2
Ben 10 Vilgax Attacks
Brutal Legends

PS3
LIttleBigPlanet, non-GOTY - 9
Killzone 2 - 6

Rock Band 2 - 6

Best thing about this trip? The guy said Rock Band needed a refurb charge. I didn't feel in the mood to dispute it, so I kept talking about how awesome Red Dead was and that he should run home immediately after work and start playing his unopened copy. Every time he went back to the computer, I'd bring up a different awesome fact and he'd get distracted. I walked out of there with $0 in refurb fees. :D

Base Values from yesterday's trade(8/22/10):

PS2:
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 $2.75
Spongebob Nicktoons: Globs for Doom $3.00
Swing Away Golf $0.40
NHL 2003 (Disk Only) $0.20
MLB 2005 (Disk Only) $0.35
Th3 Plan (Disk Only) $0.45

Gamecube
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002 $0.45
Mega Man Network Transmission $1.00
Legends of Wrestling $0.80
Backyard Baseball $1.75
Tony Hawk's Underground $1.50
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 $0.80
Official Nintendo Gamecube Memory Card $5.25(Wow that went up a buck!)

PSP
NBA Ballers Rebound $1.50
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition $4.00

Nintendo DS
Moon $1.50

Xbox 360
Viking: Battle for Asgard $2.00

Wii
Rolling Stone Drum King $1.50

So overall It came to $39.90 because of the 10% from the edge card, then I used the 25% to reserve Halo Reach,so all I actually owed was $20.59.Pretty damn good to me.

OT, but did Gamestop have a new trade in policy? they made me fill out another form yesterday when I traded stuff in.

They took my Driver license, and i signed a form saying I traded xyz in. This was in addition to signing the computer screen. There was a spot for a thumb print as well, but didnt ask for that.

It seemed crazy, it felt like you stole this and we want it on record.....

This was in NY.

What they require depends upon the state/county laws. So maybe there are some new regulations in place that GameStop is required to follow.

I'm in Staten Island,NY and all I had to do was sign the computer screen.

P.S They have this huge computer now when you walk in the door, you can look up games to buy and even scan your card to see your balance.

[quote name='Denbo32']OT, but did Gamestop have a new trade in policy? they made me fill out another form yesterday when I traded stuff in.

They took my Driver license, and i signed a form saying I traded xyz in. This was in addition to signing the computer screen. There was a spot for a thumb print as well, but didnt ask for that.

It seemed crazy, it felt like you stole this and we want it on record.....

This was in NY.[/QUOTE]

Well the system also might have been down. I had to do that before when the Sig Cap device was down since you have to agree that the games are yours etc.

Off Topic:

The $10 off $25 coupon @ JC Penney's that is printed at the bottom of the Gamestop receipt works on Levi's jeans.

Came back today from JCP's, JCP is a running a sale on Levi's for $33 all styles. If you add on this coupon, you're looking at $25 after tax for brand new pair of jeans.

[quote name='jgon85']Off Topic:

The $10 off $25 coupon @ JC Penney's that is printed at the bottom of the Gamestop receipt works on Levi's jeans.

Came back today from JCP's, JCP is a running a sale on Levi's for $33 all styles. If you add on this coupon, you're looking at $25 after tax for brand new pair of jeans.[/QUOTE]

That's expensive!!!!!!!!!!! All of my jeans are like $15 a pair.

Base values for Xbox 360

Bionic Commando - $1.00
Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter - $1.00
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $1.50
Wanted: Weapons of Fate - $4.00
Alone in the Dark - $1.50
Xbox Live Vision Camera - $4.25

[quote name='Mr Dude65']That's expensive!!!!!!!!!!! All of my jeans are like $15 a pair.[/QUOTE]

Is there a CheapAssDresser.com site also? haha

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Not all listed values are good flips. I always check/call around and some games go to Gamestop, Amazon/Gazelle, or Goozex.
[/QUOTE]

I meant the people who obviously cleaned out TRU and went straight the GS. I'm not calling the kettle black, just thought it was funny

[quote name='mikespit1']Does GS still accept fat DS?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Updated lists and database. Got the Wii list converted over to the new style now as well. Will work on PS3 starting today.

Base TIVs from a couple of hours ago:

:360: Fable II Platinum Hits 7.00
:ds: Dragon Quest IX 18.00
:ds: Harvest Moon DS 4.00

Caught a bit of flak from the guy at the counter for trading in DQIX. I think that after 20 years of playing Dragon Quest games I've earned the right to pitch a few that I'm not going to play through again. At this point in my life I've earned all the hardcore-gamer cred I'm ever going to need. Just hand me my well-worn copy of DQIII GBC for my umpteenth playthrough and I'll be happy as a pig in mud!

kinda off topic, but anyone know if theres a chance of a 20 dollar trade in bonus for home consoles soon? wanna trade this wii in so i can get a 360 slim

It seems GS might have dropped the PS3 60gb (with BC) system TiV to $150. I've been calling around hoping to get the $180 quoted in the OP since I missed the last promo, but no luck :\

Traded in a bunch of stuff today to prepare for September, the month my wallet cries. (Seriously, Civ 5 and FF14 the same day, screw you game publisher's scheduling teams)

:ps2:

PS2 Multi-Tap Slim: 2.25
FF12: 3.25
Sakura Wars So Long My Overwrought Retarded Story That Can't Shut The Hell Up So I Can Actually Play The Game: 9.50

:ps3:
Demon's Souls: 9.00
3D Dot Game Heroes: 8.00
Split Second: 20.00
Brutal Legend: 5.00

:ds:
Space Invaders Extreme 2: 2.50
Puzzle Quest 2: 8.00
Dragon Quest 9: 18.00

:gc:
Eternal Darkness: 4.00
Paper Mario: 5.25
Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron 2: 1.25
F-Zero GX 1.25

Updated lists and database.

EDIT: Updated again, working on PS2 list conversion.

Values for today (8/24)

PS3

Pure -- $5.00
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel -- $7.00
Mirror's Edge -- $5.00
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger -- $6.00
Metal Gear Solid 4 -- $5.00
Dead Space -- $6.00

Wii

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories -- $10.00
Madworld -- $2.00
Metal Slug Anthology -- $3.00
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles -- $7.00

What can I do if I have four games that qualify for the two for $40 deal on Halo: Reach? Will Gamestop accept only two games?

[quote name='sadboy']What can I do if I have four games that qualify for the two for $40 deal on Halo: Reach? Will Gamestop accept only two games?[/QUOTE]

would all of them be better off with that deal as compared to the extra 25% tradein credit towards preorder of halo: reach? if the value of the games is over $16 it would be better to go the 25% route.

[quote name='y2jasper']would all of them be better off with that deal as compared to the extra 25% tradein credit towards preorder of halo: reach? if the value of the games is over $16 it would be better to go the 25% route.[/QUOTE]
You know, for some reason I thought some of the TIVs were higher. But other than the two for $40, they average to maybe $8-$11. Not a big loss, but less impressive than I thought previously (i.e. I thought they might have been $15 or higher).

So if I go for the two for $40, am I SOL with the other promotions? Anyway, my other default plan was to either trade them to Gazelle or Best Buy. I'm going to check tomorrow regardless. I just wanted to know what I was getting into, so I don't get shafted from having a better deal.

[quote name='sadboy']You know, for some reason I thought some of the TIVs were higher. But other than the two for $40, they average to maybe $8-$11. Not a big loss, but less impressive than I thought previously (i.e. I thought they might have been $15 or higher).

So if I go for the two for $40, am I SOL with the other promotions? Anyway, my other default plan was to either trade them to Gazelle or Best Buy. I'm going to check tomorrow regardless. I just wanted to know what I was getting into, so I don't get shafted from having a better deal.[/QUOTE]

You could do multiple transactions, get a gift receipt for one and try to return it after launch. Just an idea.

[quote name='advanced']You could do multiple transactions, get a gift receipt for one and try to return it after launch. Just an idea.[/QUOTE]
I thought about that as well. Maybe I'll just keep the games. (sits in a corner)

edit: The TIVs are pretty much $10 or less elsewhere.

[quote name='sadboy']I thought about that as well. Maybe I'll just keep the games. (sits in a corner)

edit: The TIVs are pretty much $10 or less elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

You could always do the multiple transactions and get the games, read reviews/play demos and return them if you decide they aren't for you! You don't have to go sit in the corner over something like that.

I thought I was gonna have to wait till Halo: Reach came out, before they offered the "Trade in 2 for $40.00 off".

Got a copy of Blur I got for $10.00 at Best Buy & a copy of COD:WAW I don't play no more.

In other words: YAY! \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

Thanks JP!

Yesterday (8/24)
Xbox 360:
Grand Theft Auto 4 5.00
Red Faction: Guerrilla 4.00
Condemned: Criminal Origins 2.00
Prey 0.75
Armored Core 4 2.50

These should all be the same values that were posted before, as well.

does anyone know they will extend this trade in deal after 9/5? i'm hoping for a tiered/$ amount trade in offer. 50% isn't bad either if you have high tiv games, but right now i have more games with low trade in value.

I would expect it to run through another promo period. They tend to run these for at least two full marketing periods.

Got about a third of the way through converting the PS2 list. I have a feeling I'm going to hit the character limit with the PS2/GC listing post. I'll probably end up switching the groupings at that point. 360/Wii/PS3 together, then GC/DS/GBA, then PS2/PSP. Cross that bridge when I come to it. Hopefully I wont have to deal with it, but who knows.

8/25/10
PS3
Infamous $11
Demon's Souls $9

If I had known the extra 10/20/30% tiered bonus would stack with the 2 for $40 off Metroid/Halo (and maybe it's not supposed to, I see overrides on my receipt for setting them at $20 a pop) I would've just dumped the AC/DC Track Pack to get another couple bucks out of them by pushing up to the bonus 20% tier...whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back