GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
They aren't supposed to stack. Updated lists and database. I was really trying to get to at least the halfway point on those PS2 games but that list is just MASSIVE. I'm not looking forward to the GBA games either because I think a good portion of them aren't in the database or the names listed here are far off. My goal is by the end of this upcoming weekend to have the PS2/GC list done.

went to gamestop today and traded these in

:360: NHL 2010 $10.00
:360: MLB2K10 $12.00

:360: HALO 3 ODST: $11.00
:360: FORZA 3: $14.00
:360: BULLY SCHOLARSHIP EDITION: $8.00
:360: SKATE 2: $7.00
:360: HALO WARS $8.00
:360: GTA IV

Pretty much used the first 2 games for the 40 bucks for reach and then rest got to paid of reach and almost all of NHL 11

They didnt get mad that i pretty much had the odst/forza set and just asked the guy to do the games seperate each and he was fine with it

Just traded in a bunch of games today. All base values

360 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $20
360 - Fallout 3 GOTY - $18
360 - Super Street Fighter IV - $18
360 - Singularity - $18
360 - Naughty Bear - $16
PS3 - Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time - $10
Wii - Tatsunoko vs Capcom - $14
PS3 - Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - $8
PS3 - Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - $14
PS3 - GTA Episodes from Liberty City - $15
PS3 - Guitar Hero Metallica - $8
PS3 - Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $8
PS3 - Infamous - $11

:wii: Endless Ocean Blue World 8.00
:wii: Monopoly 10.00
:360: LEGO Indiana Jones 1 0.50
:360: Tomb Raider Underworld 2.00
:360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition 5.00
:ps3: Saboteur 6.00 (I think, that's from memory)

all base from today

all :ds:
Anno 1701 - 1.50
Best of Tests - 1.00
Big Brain Academy - 2.00
Brain Boost: Beta Wave - 1.50
Brain Boost: Gamma Wave - 1.50
My Word Coach 1.00

all base:

:ps3: singstar vol. 2 - $3.00
:ps3: marvel ultimate alliance 2 - $ 10.00
:ds: picto image - $1.50
:ds: johnny bravo date o rama - $0.50
:psp: archer mcleans mercury - $0.50
:360: legends of wrestlemania - $5.00
:360: prince of persia - $3.50

Base TIV's as of 08/25/2010
:wii: Okami - $7.00
:wii: Cooking Mama: World Kitchen - $7.00
:wii: Dirt 2 - $5.00
:wii: Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - $2.00
:wii: Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 - $6.00
:wii: WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 - $6.00
:wii: Cars Race O Rama - $7.00
:wii: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $9.00
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - $8.00
:360: Fallout 3 - $6.00
:360: GRID - $5.00
:ps3: Dead Space - $6.00
:ps3: Rock Band 2 - $7.00
:ds: Final Fantasy IV - $7.00

I may go and trade in a few more titles before the tiered deal ends. I just hope the next one isn't the 'trade 3, get X extra' dealie and would've got me more.

All base values as of 8/26

All for :360:

Blur - $20.00
Bioshock - $4.00
Assassin's Creed 2 - $6.00
Tekken 6 - $8.00
NBA 2K7 - $0.50
Grand Theft Auto IV - $5.00

*Xbox 360 base TIVs (8/25/10)*
Modern Warfare 2- $20
UFC 2010- $20
Dead Rising- $4
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007- $1.50
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008- $1.00
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010- $10.00

Base TIV's as of 8/26/2010
:wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $7.00
:wii: MX Vs ATV: Untamed - $6.00
:wii: Marble Saga: Kororinpa - $4.00
:wii: Rune Factory: Final Frontier - $6.00
:wii: Lego Rock Band - $5.00
:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk - $6.00
:wii: Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat - $8.00
:wii: Wii Music - $5.00
:wii: Warioland: Shake It! - $5.00
:wii: Boom Blox: Bash Party - $6.00
:wii: Rock Band 2 - $7.00
:wii: Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop - $8.00
:wii: Pikmin - $6.00
:wii: Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - $7.00
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - $5.00
:360: MX Vs ATV: Untamed - $6.00
:360: Need for Speed: Undercover - $7.00
:360: Legendary - $2.50
:360: Street Fighter IV - $3.00
:360: The Club - $1.50
:360: Avatar the Game - $7.00
:360: The Godfather the Game - $3.00
:360: The Bigs 2 - $9.00
:360: Lego Rock Band - $5.00
:ds: Personal Trainer: Walking - $4.00
:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - $6.00
:ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $6.00
:ds: Knights in the Nightmare - $5.00
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - $6.00
:ps3: Valkyria Chronicles - $6.00
:ps3: Fallout 3 - $6.00
:ps3: BioShock - $7.00
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $4.00
:ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica - $8.00
:ps3: Avatar the Game - $8.00
:ps3: Lego Rock Band - $5.00
:ps3: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $6.00
:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $7.00
:ps3: H.A.W.X. - $7.00

Updated lists and database. Also found out how to get the TIV page on the price pop-ups to come up each time. Not sure how useful it'll be though. Manual url modification.

I did a trifecta of game trades tonight in order to thin out the backlog a bit.

Here's the TIV's, base and (promo+EDGE):

:ps2:The Godfather-$2.00($2.60)
:ps3:Aliens Vs. Predator-$10($13.00)
:ps3:Battlefield: Bad Company 2-$15($19.50)

Not bad, considering I only paid $20 cash for BC 2 about two months ago from a local shop and with the Ultimate Edition coming out SOON I figure that $15 base value is gonna drop like a rock.

[quote name='11killer11']Base Values from yesterday's trade(8/22/10):

PS2:
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 $2.75
Spongebob Nicktoons: Globs for Doom $3.00
Swing Away Golf $0.40
NHL 2003 (Disk Only) $0.20
MLB 2005 (Disk Only) $0.35
Th3 Plan (Disk Only) $0.45

Gamecube
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002 $0.45
Mega Man Network Transmission $1.00
Legends of Wrestling $0.80
Backyard Baseball $1.75
Tony Hawk's Underground $1.50
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 $0.80
Official Nintendo Gamecube Memory Card $5.25(Wow that went up a buck!)

PSP
NBA Ballers Rebound $1.50
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition $4.00

Nintendo DS
Moon $1.50

Xbox 360
Viking: Battle for Asgard $2.00

Wii
Rolling Stone Drum King $1.50

So overall It came to $39.90 because of the 10% from the edge card, then I used the 25% to reserve Halo Reach,so all I actually owed was $20.59.Pretty damn good to me.[/QUOTE]

$2 per game. U DA MAN! ;)

I knew I forgot something when I went to do some trades earlier tonight. I was gonna dump a third party GC memory card that I never used that I bought used from GS about 2 years ago.

I traded in 5 games yesterday:

Blur (PS3) - $22
Lair (PS3) - $2.50
Dissidia (PSP) - $6.00
Pursuit Force (PSP) - $1.50
Civilization Revolution (DS) - $2.50

All TIVs are base values, and I've already updated the CAG database.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Kingdom Hearts - $3.75[/QUOTE]

Man, they must make a lot on those, since I think used copies still sell for about $17 in store... :roll:

Question...I have 3 xbox 360 games I'm looking to trade...I don't wanna sell anymore of mine, but could I toss in 2 ps2 titles to land the tiered 30% extra for 5 or more? Or are older console games not eligible?

[quote name='jcp42877']Question...I have 3 xbox 360 games I'm looking to trade...I don't wanna sell anymore of mine, but could I toss in 2 ps2 titles to land the tiered 30% extra for 5 or more? Or are older console games not eligible?[/QUOTE]

Well, a couple posts above gives an example of what you just asked, a combination of 360 and PS2 games.

Personally, I've got some PS2 trash that I got with a bundle that I've been waiting to trade in for something like this.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Well, a couple posts above gives an example of what you just asked, a combination of 360 and PS2 games.

Personally, I've got some PS2 trash that I got with a bundle that I've been waiting to trade in for something like this.[/QUOTE]
That's why I added in The Godfather for PS2 to my three game trade I did yesterday, since I didn't feel like trading in anymore of my PS3 games to make it to the 20% tier.

So, I did the Metroid preorder deal with 2 qualifying games and it didn't ring up automatically. They had to manually adjust each game to $20 which of course meant more bonus for me, since the Edge boost is then counted off the $20 and not the original TiV.

I got $45.60 for the following (though $40 got applied to a preorder for Metroid Other M):

:wii:
Endless Ocean Blue World - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 - $8

The computer had just applied the 10% bonus from the tiered trade even though he had the Metroid Other M preorder on the same transaction. I haven't been following the deals recently but has this not been working correctly all along? If it has been working, then this might be an early sign that one or both of those games has been taken off the official list (though they looked at a list they had behind the counter to verify them before manually adjusting). Just a heads up on that...

OK, I just realized I got even more than just Edge based on the $20 pricing. I got Promo #9412 applied as well, which must be the tiered offer at 10% because I got 80 cents for each game (10% of the base values of $8) in addition to the $2 from Edge (based on the $20). So yay...

Also, it didn't occur to me to use PS2 games for the tiered trades. I had one or two games I might want to trade in but passed because I didn't have enough to make 5. But I have lots of trash PS2 games I got cheap years back, including some Jampacks. Do they still take Jampacks for trade?

Bigs 2 - 9
Godfather 2 - 6
Simpsons game - 6

PS3
GH smash hits 8

Wii
Lego batman - 7
Mario % sonic olympic - 8

DS
Kirby super star ultra - 9

PSP
FF dissidia - 6

PS2
God of war - 2.50
Lego batman - 6.25
FFX - 5
The sims - 4

[quote name='io']So, I did the Metroid preorder deal with 2 qualifying games and it didn't ring up automatically. They had to manually adjust each game to $20 which of course meant more bonus for me, since the Edge boost is then counted off the $20 and not the original TiV.

I got $45.60 for the following (though $40 got applied to a preorder for Metroid Other M):

:wii:
Endless Ocean Blue World - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 - $8

The computer had just applied the 10% bonus from the tiered trade even though he had the Metroid Other M preorder on the same transaction. I haven't been following the deals recently but has this not been working correctly all along? If it has been working, then this might be an early sign that one or both of those games has been taken off the official list (though they looked at a list they had behind the counter to verify them before manually adjusting). Just a heads up on that...

OK, I just realized I got even more than just Edge based on the $20 pricing. I got Promo #9412 applied as well, which must be the tiered offer at 10% because I got 80 cents for each game (10% of the base values of $8) in addition to the $2 from Edge (based on the $20). So yay...

Also, it didn't occur to me to use PS2 games for the tiered trades. I had one or two games I might want to trade in but passed because I didn't have enough to make 5. But I have lots of trash PS2 games I got cheap years back, including some Jampacks. Do they still take Jampacks for trade?[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I have a whole crap load of NHL/NBA/Tiger Woods 10 that are all eligible for $20 trades. I might have to pre-order Halo Reach & Metroid Other M at every GS in town.

So is there no minimum trade in value required for the tiered trade? I can pad out my five games with a couple of older crap games that probably aren't worth a dollar, right? And it really includes PS2 games as well?

[quote name='rainking187']So is there no minimum trade in value required for the tiered trade? I can pad out my five games with a couple of older crap games that probably aren't worth a dollar, right? And it really includes PS2 games as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I traded in a PS2 Naked Brothers Band (game only) - TIV 15 cents! haha

[quote name='TheLongshot']Man, they must make a lot on those, since I think used copies still sell for about $17 in store... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Problem with your statement is that you're assuming that they sell them. Most likely, the copies sit and collect dust.

[quote name='kataztrophik']TIV from 8/28:

Borderlands PS3 - 10.00
Lost Planet 2 PS3 - 15.00
Lego Indiana Jones Wii - 7.00[/QUOTE]

Sorry to go off topic but I noticed this guys sig and had to comment on my findings.

Please tell me you don't actually trade any games to that swagbucks website kataztrophik (You only do surveys or something right?).

When it comes to trading games for "swagbucks" that site is the biggest rip off I have seen in a while.

Example:

Madden 11 (out less than a month) gets only 1400-1500 "swagbucks"
To save people the trouble of looking at that lame site that number of "swagbucks" will only get you about $15 at amazon or $10 in paypal money.

If you want to use your "swagbucks" to trade for games they take you for an even bigger ride as they are selling Madden 10 for well over 2000 "swagbucks"

So lets say you had 2 copies of Madden 11 to trade somewhere:

Amazon $70+

Crappy swagbucks site:
Choose one of the following:
$30 Amazon GC
$20 Paypal
1 (yes 1!) copy of Madden 10 (how generous)

Just wanted other CAGs to know a quick tidbit about this craptastic site since I am always on the lookout for new trade in online or local options (TRU, BB, Gazelle, Goozex, Gamestaq, Swap.com/swaptree, Amazon, ebay, half.com, gamestop, etc.)

If anyone knows of any other notable sites that I didn't list above feel free to PM me or post a quick reply.

P.S. I do have to agree with some of the sentiment I have seen on here lately that amazon trade values (especially newer games) have gotten better since they stopped doing trade-in promos (outside of the daily trade promo) and are becoming very competitive with Gamestop if your games are complete, kept in good condition, and you don't mind waiting a week to get your trade credit.

Is the tiv for wii price is right really the same as the 2010 edition? Or is this an error in the op? Im not trying to stir things up it just seems a little bit odd since one edition is 2 years newer.

[quote name='z24buddy']

P.S. I do have to agree with some of the sentiment I have seen on here lately that amazon trade values (especially newer games) have gotten better since they stopped doing trade-in promos (outside of the daily trade promo) and are becoming very competitive with Gamestop if your games are complete, kept in good condition, and you don't mind waiting a week to get your trade credit.[/QUOTE]

Just checked Amazon real quick: Borderlands PS3 is 18.25, Demon's Souls is 20.00, Mario Galaxy 2 is a whopping 32.25, etc. Beats the pants off of Gamestop at the moment for modestly new/old games, even after most trade-in credit bonuses like the current 10/20/30%. No EDGE card or other "pay now, get more later" shenanigans required either. If it weren't for the trade 2 save 40 promo going on I'd be pissed at myself for dumping games there recently, and I'd still rather have hocked them to Amazon for the same amount of credit because you can buy pretty much anything Amazon sells with their credit as opposed to just game related stuff at Gamestop.

[quote name='cheeky']Is the tiv for wii price is right really the same as the 2010 edition? Or is this an error in the op? Im not trying to stir things up it just seems a little bit odd since one edition is 2 years newer.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was a typo on my part when I was trying to fix up the listings. Meant to fix it a week ago or so, and just spaced it.

Honestly, the only games I've traded at GS have been 2009 sports games for their 2/40 promo. GS has a philosophy of $20-25 for a new game, and turn around to sell it for $55.

I did exactly what io did, but with NBA 2k10 & NHL 2k10 for the Wii. Got the $20 + 20% + 10% for EDGE. Amazon can't match $42+ for 2 games that are about to be worthless.

The way I see it:

eBay > Amazon > Gazelle/GS+promo > GS regular > Everybody else

[quote name='Psybuster']Just checked Amazon real quick: Borderlands PS3 is 18.25, Demon's Souls is 20.00, Mario Galaxy 2 is a whopping 32.25, etc. Beats the pants off of Gamestop at the moment for modestly new/old games, even after most trade-in credit bonuses like the current 10/20/30%. No EDGE card or other "pay now, get more later" shenanigans required either. If it weren't for the trade 2 save 40 promo going on I'd be pissed at myself for dumping games there recently, and I'd still rather have hocked them to Amazon for the same amount of credit because you can buy pretty much anything Amazon sells with their credit as opposed to just game related stuff at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Problem for me is Amazon has to have the game in MINT condition and can deny it for any reason. I tried to trade them NBA 2K9 last summer and there was a tiny scratch on the spindle area of the disc. Label and data sides of the disc were perfect. It took me and the Gamestop girl 10 minutes looking over it to find where the scratch was that Amazon saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back