GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't go to the store but i called for trade in values today (August 28)

ALL 5 GAMES ON PS3

GoW3 - 8
Red Dead Redemption - 24
GTA: Episodes - 15
Blazblue: Continuum Shift - 12
3D Dot game Heroes - 10

[quote name='z24buddy']Sorry to go off topic but I noticed this guys sig and had to comment on my findings.

Please tell me you don't actually trade any games to that swagbucks website kataztrophik (You only do surveys or something right?).
[/QUOTE]

I only get points from searching, doing the daily polls, etc. I would never trade in anything to their site. I do occasionally use their "Shop" which is essentially just referral links and you earn 2 points per dollar spent. They have stores like Best Buy or Go Hastings, and the math works out to 2.22% back in Amazon credit. But yeah, never trade ins LOL

TIV as of 8/28

HDMI Cable - 5.25
Blur (360) - 20.00
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (360) - 5.00
Lego Indiana Jones 2 (360) - 7.00
New Super Mario Bros (Wii) - 25.00
Madden NFL 2001 (PS2) - 0.20
Assassin's Creed (360) - 2.50
Lego Indiana Jones (Wii) - 7.00
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (360) - 6.00
Singularity (360) - 18.00
Call of Duty: WAW (360) - 12.00
Demon's Souls (PS3) - 9.00

Base TIV as of today:

:wii: Sim Animals -- $6.00
:wii: Dancing With the Stars: We Dance -- $5.00
:360: Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers -- $7.00
:360: Big Bumpin -- $0.25
:360: Prey -- $0.75

[quote name='Psybuster']Just checked Amazon real quick: Borderlands PS3 is 18.25, Demon's Souls is 20.00, Mario Galaxy 2 is a whopping 32.25, etc. Beats the pants off of Gamestop at the moment for modestly new/old games, even after most trade-in credit bonuses like the current 10/20/30%. No EDGE card or other "pay now, get more later" shenanigans required either. If it weren't for the trade 2 save 40 promo going on I'd be pissed at myself for dumping games there recently, and I'd still rather have hocked them to Amazon for the same amount of credit because you can buy pretty much anything Amazon sells with their credit as opposed to just game related stuff at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands and Demon's Souls were both on the Trade 2 Save 40 promo, so the TIV's for them with EDGE are 21.00 and 20.90, which BEATS Amazon. And if you trade in Mario Galaxy 2 with 4 other games and EDGE, you get $35 for it.

I don't have a problem with Gamestop, and I'll happily trade in my games there if they get me higher TIV's. And with Gamestop the past few months, they've actually been on point with their sales so I burned through a bunch of credit, though I still have about 700 left. I haven't bought any games in the past few years at full retail price, in fact I don't think I purchased any game that wasn't at least 30% off from retail.

In CA 20.00 amazon = 21.75 gamestop. With tax they buy the same $20.00 item. I wish there were no tax on trade in credit purchases here.

[quote name='Toss']In CA 20.00 amazon = 21.75 gamestop. With tax they buy the same $20.00 item. I wish there were no tax on trade in credit purchases here.[/QUOTE]

It's the same in MA, we pay tax on credit purchases too (though only 6.25%) I never burn through Gamestop credit buying games that are the same price as on Amazon, so I don't really look at it like that. In general, the only time I buy things from Gamestop is when there's a good promotion, B2G1, power saver, etc. So the savings buying from GS far offsets the extra 6% in tax I pay.

[quote name='kataztrophik']
I don't have a problem with Gamestop, and I'll happily trade in my games there if they get me higher TIV's. And with Gamestop the past few months, they've actually been on point with their sales so I burned through a bunch of credit, though I still have about 700 left. I haven't bought any games in the past few years at full retail price, in fact I don't think I purchased any game that wasn't at least 30% off from retail.[/QUOTE]

$700 in GS credit? Holy crap! And I thought my $300 credit was some insane amount...you's a tradin' fool!

TIV's from today, also picked up Mafia II for :ps3:

All base tiv's

:360:
Beatles: Rock Band - $2.50
MS Rechargeable battery - $3.00

:ps3:
Red Dead Redemption - $24.00

[quote name='aspen1284']$700 in GS credit? Holy crap! And I thought my $300 credit was some insane amount...you's a tradin' fool![/QUOTE]

It's really not that hard to amass a lot of credit. I only buy from Gamestop during glitches/b2g1's/other really good promotions. Then I take advantage of their TIV bonuses whenever I can if it's in my favor. I had about a grand in Amazon credit too, but you'd be surprised how quickly you burn through that. LOL

[quote name='kataztrophik']It's really not that hard to amass a lot of credit. I only buy from Gamestop during glitches/b2g1's/other really good promotions. Then I take advantage of their TIV bonuses whenever I can if it's in my favor. I had about a grand in Amazon credit too, but you'd be surprised how quickly you burn through that. LOL[/QUOTE]

:cry:

[quote name='kataztrophik']It's really not that hard to amass a lot of credit. I only buy from Gamestop during glitches/b2g1's/other really good promotions. Then I take advantage of their TIV bonuses whenever I can if it's in my favor. I had about a grand in Amazon credit too, but you'd be surprised how quickly you burn through that. LOL[/QUOTE]

Agreed...amazon has too many goodies. I have ended buying wierd things like, sonic care tooth brushes, a dental water pick, a rice cooker/warmer, an LED TV!, a center channel speaker, batteries, razors, diapers, and a kindle - all from game flips. Can't wait till amazon starts selling Ipads and for black friday/holiday deals.

I have used GS the same way as far as trade promos and b2g1/coupon stacking purchases go. But I don't think it is as easy anymore because of limits they impose online now. Buying 3 copies of a game get you flagged and orders cancelled. It's much harder to burn through large credit balances. Long gone are the days of them sending 20+ copies of Mass Effect 2 or any game out to one buyer in a week. lol sorry.

[quote name='Toss']Agreed...amazon has too many goodies. I have ended buying wierd things like, sonic care tooth brushes, a dental water pick, a rice cooker/warmer, an LED TV!, a center channel speaker, batteries, razors, diapers, and a kindle - all from game flips. Can't wait till amazon starts selling Ipads and for black friday/holiday deals.

I have used GS the same way as far as trade promos and b2g1/coupon stacking purchases go. But I don't think it is as easy anymore because of limits they impose online now. Buying 3 copies of a game get you flagged and orders cancelled. It's much harder to burn through large credit balances. Long gone are the days of them sending 20+ copies of Mass Effect 2 or any game out to one buyer in a week. lol sorry.[/QUOTE]

I agree with GS, but there are ways around the limit. It just forces us to be more creative as flippers

I built up a mad amount of credit that just kind of sat there for a while, when it was super easy to flip. I ended up just buying gifts cards, xbox live points and xbox live timecards to sell off and get rid of all my GameStop credit. Not bad money really.

[quote name='JP']I built up a mad amount of credit that just kind of sat there for a while, when it was super easy to flip. I ended up just buying gifts cards, xbox live points and xbox live timecards to sell off and get rid of all my GameStop credit. Not bad money really.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, worse comes to worse...I can always buy some PSN cards to sell since people pay 22 dollars for a $20 PSN card...don't ask me why...LOL

[quote name='JP']I built up a mad amount of credit that just kind of sat there for a while, when it was super easy to flip. I ended up just buying gifts cards, xbox live points and xbox live timecards to sell off and get rid of all my GameStop credit. Not bad money really.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kataztrophik']Exactly, worse comes to worse...I can always buy some PSN cards to sell since people pay 22 dollars for a $20 PSN card...don't ask me why...LOL[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, those cards are a good, clean and simple solution! thanks!

TIV from today

Wall-e - $2.50
Pirates of the Caribbean - $1.50

PS2

Tetris Worlds - $2.25
LOTR: The Third Age - $1.75

GBA

Donkey Kong Classic NES - $5.00

yeah i had 700 in gamestop credit and did a bunch of conversions to gazelle to get some real cash. now im still in my banned month from gamestop.com because i spent over 1000 in 3 months or something crazy like that. hopefully ill be good soon tho, i still have bout 350 cred from the ez flippn days ;)

I've got a quick question is someone could answer, The trade 2 for $40 off Halo: Reach says that Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3 both count, my question is could I trade in the Halo3: ODST/Forza 3 bundle from the Xbox 360 Elite bundle towards this promo, I noticed that both versions of the games have different TIV than the bundled version. Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='SolidSackboy']I've got a quick question is someone could answer, The trade 2 for $40 off Halo: Reach says that Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3 both count, my question is could I trade in the Halo3: ODST/Forza 3 bundle from the Xbox 360 Elite bundle towards this promo, I noticed that both versions of the games have different TIV than the bundled version. Thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

If you traded them in disc only, as 2 separate games it will work. If you trade it in inside the dual case, it will only count as 1 game. Stupid, I know..

[quote name='SolidSackboy']I've got a quick question is someone could answer, The trade 2 for $40 off Halo: Reach says that Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3 both count, my question is could I trade in the Halo3: ODST/Forza 3 bundle from the Xbox 360 Elite bundle towards this promo, I noticed that both versions of the games have different TIV than the bundled version. Thanks in advance for any help.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i traded in both of the games seperately worked like a charm for the reach deal :)

Hm, anyone know if the refurbish fees are flat rate for system trade-ins? Thinking about dumping my DS Phat if I can pick up one of those $80 Lites at Blockbuster, but the only thing that's really wrong with it is a washer that fell into the system so it makes a rattling noise when shaking it (no effect on the system working though) and the fact that I taped down the battery cover due to losing said washer.

[quote name='Velo214']that was like the nerf game bundle. you could trade in the game and the gun seperately and get more tiv then bundled. crazy[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh... The Nerf game. That brings back fond memories :) Except for that idiot manager at a local GS that called BB and told them I stole a bunch of games. Her ass is jobless now, so I guess what comes around goes around.

I still have 700 or so of credit spread around a few stores.

So much wasted GS (& BBV) trade-in credit on tax. Damn you CA laws. And basically churning GS credit to BBV credit and back (in the past) would have thrown you into the hundreds of dollars of purchases in not much time, while adding to credit... yay.

I know this question has been asked, but I never really paid attention - if I used the Trade 2/get $40 toward Metroid promo, and I cancel the pre-order, how much credit will I actually get back? The normal amount for the games I trade? Depends on the store? It's not critical, but it'd be useful information.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know this question has been asked, but I never really paid attention - if I used the Trade 2/get $40 toward Metroid promo, and I cancel the pre-order, how much credit will I actually get back? The normal amount for the games I trade? Depends on the store? It's not critical, but it'd be useful information.[/QUOTE]

You'll get the full amount, but that store will probably hate you for screwing somebody out of a pre-order. If you're gonna do that, go to a store you'll never shop at again, not the one you go to 99% of the time.

EDIT: Oh and make sure when you trade it in, you say you want the "Trade 2/Get $40" promo, because the salesperson might scan the promo code for "Get 25% when you trade towards Metroid". Unless you're trading something that's already close to $20.

I should have stated it more clearly, your response makes me feel like a total jerk :p I already have it ordered, but I went with Amazon instead for the bonus credit. I just hadn't decided what to do about GS. Maybe I'll just sell the extra (paid in credit for both).

If you change your mind, you can probably avoid the store/employee getting a cancelled preorder penalty by either letting the preorder money roll over past the 48 hours they hold the game for reserves and/or offering to buy the game and immediately return it.

TIV from today- all PS2

Ratchet & Clank- $2.50
Ratchet & Clank 2- $2
Ratchet & Clank 3- $3
Jak & Daxter- $1
Jak 2- $1.25
jAK 3- $2.75

Updated lists and database. Running into character limits on current gen list post. Might have to rework/rearrange it.

I wish the 2 gamestops were still around here. The one I do the trade 2 for 40 flips just closed last week and the other store always tries to give me the runaround when i cancel preorders or return new games saying they will only give me the regular tiv and not the 20tiv. i went with splinter cell to amazon for 14.50 although i could have gone for 20 at gamestop but i didnt want to get into it with the manager again. grrr

8/30/2010 base TIVs

Brutal Legend (360) - $5
Bioshock (PS3) - $7
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - $4
Iron Man 2 (Wii) - $7

Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii) - $8

Something odd I had with the trade-in... not sure if it's normal or not...

I did two separate trade-in transactions. I did the first 5 games on one transaction (to get the tiered 5-game 30% bonus)... no problems with that one.

The second transaction didn't go as I expected though. I traded in Endless Ocean: Blue World and Tiger Woods 2010 (both are on the list of games that qualify for the "Trade 2, Save $40" towards pre-order/purchase of Metroid: Other M or Halo Reach). The employee called a higher-up on the phone to ask for assistance on how to apply the promo. I ended up pre-ordering Metroid and I was expecting each game to get bumped to $20 TIV (+10% edge), but instead the 25% power trade promo was applied. I asked the employee why I was getting the 25% promo when I specifically asked for the "Trade 2, Save $40" promo, and he said something along the lines of the system not being able to process it (it was around 9:00pm closing time, not sure if that caused any issues with it or not). He assured me that when I go to pick up the game tomorrow, that the correct TIVs will be applied ($20+edge for each game) as long as I showed them my receipt.

I'm guessing that this is not the way it is normally supposed to work. I'm not sure if the system was acting up, or the employee just processed it incorrectly. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know why this would happen? I apologize if it's already been covered in previous posts and I missed it.

I bet he did it wrong...there should be something already setup within the system for basically every promo they run. If not there should've been an override to $20.00 TIV per game instead of the 25% bonus.

[quote name='Psybuster']I bet he did it wrong...there should be something already setup within the system for basically every promo they run. If not there should've been an override to $20.00 TIV per game instead of the 25% bonus.[/QUOTE]

There are 2 different coupons to scan, one does the 25% the other the $40 bump. He likely scanned the wrong one and didn't know how to back out of it.

Meh. My wireless headset I bought at walmart on clearance for $30 stopped working, that was the last one they had. Guess I'll trade in PoP:TFS and the $30 I get back from that and get Other M. Try and beat it and sell it to put some $ down towards Halo Reach.

[quote name='hatback']
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii) - $8

The second transaction didn't go as I expected though. I traded in Endless Ocean: Blue World and Tiger Woods 2010 (both are on the list of games that qualify for the "Trade 2, Save $40" towards pre-order/purchase of Metroid: Other M or Halo Reach). The employee called a higher-up on the phone to ask for assistance on how to apply the promo. I ended up pre-ordering Metroid and I was expecting each game to get bumped to $20 TIV (+10% edge), but instead the 25% power trade promo was applied. I asked the employee why I was getting the 25% promo when I specifically asked for the "Trade 2, Save $40" promo, and he said something along the lines of the system not being able to process it (it was around 9:00pm closing time, not sure if that caused any issues with it or not). He assured me that when I go to pick up the game tomorrow, that the correct TIVs will be applied ($20+edge for each game) as long as I showed them my receipt.

I'm guessing that this is not the way it is normally supposed to work. I'm not sure if the system was acting up, or the employee just processed it incorrectly. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know why this would happen? I apologize if it's already been covered in previous posts and I missed it.[/QUOTE]

I know what happened because it happened to me too.
The employee typed the wrong game. There are 2 Endless Oceans and the employee used the wrong one which doesn't qualify for the $40 bonus.
The employee and I wasted 5 minutes trying to figure this out when this happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back