GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hatback']
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii) - $8

The second transaction didn't go as I expected though. I traded in Endless Ocean: Blue World and Tiger Woods 2010 (both are on the list of games that qualify for the "Trade 2, Save $40" towards pre-order/purchase of Metroid: Other M or Halo Reach). The employee called a higher-up on the phone to ask for assistance on how to apply the promo. I ended up pre-ordering Metroid and I was expecting each game to get bumped to $20 TIV (+10% edge), but instead the 25% power trade promo was applied. I asked the employee why I was getting the 25% promo when I specifically asked for the "Trade 2, Save $40" promo, and he said something along the lines of the system not being able to process it (it was around 9:00pm closing time, not sure if that caused any issues with it or not). He assured me that when I go to pick up the game tomorrow, that the correct TIVs will be applied ($20+edge for each game) as long as I showed them my receipt.

I'm guessing that this is not the way it is normally supposed to work. I'm not sure if the system was acting up, or the employee just processed it incorrectly. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know why this would happen? I apologize if it's already been covered in previous posts and I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Gee, sounds familiar (my post from a few pages back):

[quote name='io']So, I did the Metroid preorder deal with 2 qualifying games and it didn't ring up automatically. They had to manually adjust each game to $20 which of course meant more bonus for me, since the Edge boost is then counted off the $20 and not the original TiV.

I got $45.60 for the following (though $40 got applied to a preorder for Metroid Other M):

:wii:
Endless Ocean Blue World - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 - $8

The computer had just applied the 10% bonus from the tiered trade even though he had the Metroid Other M preorder on the same transaction. I haven't been following the deals recently but has this not been working correctly all along? If it has been working, then this might be an early sign that one or both of those games has been taken off the official list (though they looked at a list they had behind the counter to verify them before manually adjusting). Just a heads up on that...

OK, I just realized I got even more than just Edge based on the $20 pricing. I got Promo #9412 applied as well, which must be the tiered offer at 10% because I got 80 cents for each game (10% of the base values of $8) in addition to the $2 from Edge (based on the $20). So yay...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='h2dk']There are 2 different coupons to scan, one does the 25% the other the $40 bump. He likely scanned the wrong one and didn't know how to back out of it.[/QUOTE]

I thought that might be the case, but the booklet they kept looking at only had the power trade bar code in it - it didn't have the trade 2 deal and the guys at my store were at a loss so they just did a manual override. That's what they should have done for you hatback. It won't magically adjust the values when you go pick up the game. What you got is what you got - it won't change. However, they ought to do something to fix it for you (like lower the cost of Metroid when you pick it up). The nice thing about having them manually adjust like they did for me is that I got extra credit that way (see my post).

[quote name='Readthepost']I know what happened because it happened to me too.
The employee typed the wrong game. There are 2 Endless Oceans and the employee used the wrong one which doesn't qualify for the $40 bonus.
The employee and I wasted 5 minutes trying to figure this out when this happened to me.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily - seems there are multiple ways for them to screw up this promo. On my receipt it says "Blue World" so they didn't make that mistake.

It seems they can:
1) Enter it as the wrong game (though this is unlikely unless you are trading it disc-only).
2) Scan the wrong promo (the 25% power trade) instead of the Trade 2 deal.
3) Simply not know there is a bar code to scan for the Trade 2 deal.

It seems Readthepost had the first problem, hatback had the second, and I had the third :lol:.

hatback - when you pick up the game pay careful attention to how much you end up paying. They could go all over the place with this when they try to fix it for you. Assuming you have an Edge card, you should have gotten $40 + $16 x 10% = $41.60, meaning you would only have to pay $8.39 more to pick up the game (not counting any tax of course). They may only adjust to an even $40, or they may screw up and give you more than you are supposed to get. I guarantee it will be random ;).

[quote name='io']
It seems they can:
1) Enter it as the wrong game (though this is unlikely unless you are trading it disc-only).

It seems Readthepost had the first problem, hatback had the second, and I had the third :lol:.

hatback - when you pick up the game pay careful attention to how much you end up paying. They could go all over the place with this when they try to fix it for you. Assuming you have an Edge card, you should have gotten $40 + $16 x 10% = $41.60, meaning you would only have to pay $8.39 more to pick up the game (not counting any tax of course). They may only adjust to an even $40, or they may screw up and give you more than you are supposed to get. I guarantee it will be random ;).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input io and everyone else who pitched in on my situation!

Yeah, I'm thinking I had scenario #2. I doubt it was scenario #1, because Blue World shows up on my receipt.

My receipt shows:
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80

$21.60 is the total credit applied to the pre-order of Metroid M.
$41.60 is what I should have gotten with the correct promo (trade 2 for $40 + edge on base TIV) applied as you pointed out.
So, that works out to an even $20 ($41.60 - $21.60) more credit I should be entitled to.

Maybe they can cancel my old transaction and redo the trade-in correctly from scratch (not sure if this is possible). If not that, then hopefully they'll do a manual override to take $20 off Metroid or credit me with $20 somehow.

But I'm not too worried. I have faith that they'll fix it or get it right somehow, after all is said and done. Although... I am anticipating some head scratching, befuddled looks, and struggling with the computer on their part. :whistle2:k

[quote name='hatback']Thanks for the input io and everyone else who pitched in on my situation!

Yeah, I'm thinking I had scenario #2. I doubt it was scenario #1, because Blue World shows up on my receipt.

My receipt shows:
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80

$21.60 is the total credit applied to the pre-order of Metroid M.
$41.60 is what I should have gotten with the correct promo (trade 2 for $40 + edge on base TIV) applied as you pointed out.
So, that works out to an even $20 ($41.60 - $21.60) more credit I should be entitled to.

Maybe they can cancel my old transaction and redo the trade-in correctly from scratch (not sure if this is possible). If not that, then hopefully they'll do a manual override to take $20 off Metroid or credit me with $20 somehow.

But I'm not too worried. I have faith that they'll fix it or get it right somehow, after all is said and done. Although... I am anticipating some head scratching, befuddled looks, and struggling with the computer on their part. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have to do the same thing today. Traded in NBA 2k10 & NHL 10. The guy scanned the 25% instead of the 2/$40. Only got $27 instead of $42.

Yeah, all these stories just reinforce the need to check the little screen or your receipt on the amount you got before leaving the store. Once you leave the store it's a lot harder to get things fixed. Never take them at their word. Not saying they will lie to you intentionally but they may not have exact details on how things work. A few weeks ago a couple employees tried to tell me the 25% bonus and the tiered trade stacked. I told them no it didn't, and they proceeded to try and prove to me it did. After 15 minutes they gave up and said never mind.

[quote name='JP']Yeah, all these stories just reinforce the need to check the little screen or your receipt on the amount you got before leaving the store. Once you leave the store it's a lot harder to get things fixed. Never take them at their word. Not saying they will lie to you intentionally but they may not have exact details on how things work. A few weeks ago a couple employees tried to tell me the 25% bonus and the tiered trade stacked. I told them no it didn't, and they proceeded to try and prove to me it did. After 15 minutes they gave up and said never mind.[/QUOTE]
I total agree with checking the little screen, but I noticed that half of the stores have problematic screens....just a blank screen during the transaction then a signature screen at the end...so always I check the receipt at the counter.
Stay in the store, it make it much easier to fix your problem.

[quote name='io'] Not necessarily - seems there are multiple ways for them to screw up this promo. On my receipt it says "Blue World" so they didn't make that mistake.

It seems they can:

It seems Readthepost had the first problem, hatback had the second, and I had the third :lol:.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for pointing out all the possibles.
And yes I was trading Endless disc only because I got it from BBV and it had a BBV case.

GS Base TIV's as of 8/30/2010

:wii: Crash: Mind Over Mutant (Wii) - $9.00
:ps2: Resident Evil: Dead Aim (PS2) - $3.00
:ps2: Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's - $2.00
:ps2: MX Vs ATV: Untamed - $2.75
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - $4.25
:ps2: Medal of Honor: Frontline - $0.70
:ps2: Mercenaries - $2.50

I just picked up my pre-ordered Metriod with bonus. And my co-worker just handed me another Metriod as a thank you gift.

So my question is, if I return my Pre-ordered Metriod, does this hurt my GS employee's pre-order sales or etc?
I would be returning the bonus items as well. I just don't want my GS employee to get a negative because of a pre-order return.

If this causes problems for my GS guy, I'll have to re-gift or ask my co-worker for the recepit.

Thanks all

Um, what? You got a free copy of the game and now you want to know how to return your paid copy? Maybe you should be asking your imaginary friend this question.

[quote name='Readthepost']I just picked up my pre-ordered Metriod with bonus. And my co-worker just handed me another Metriod as a thank you gift.

So my question is, if I return my Pre-ordered Metriod, does this hurt my GS employee's pre-order sales or etc?
I would be returning the bonus items as well. I just don't want my GS employee to get a negative because of a pre-order return.

If this causes problems for my GS guy, I'll have to re-gift or ask my co-worker for the recepit.

Thanks all[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't as you didn't cancel. Canceling hurts, returns, not so much.

Also

PS2
Shadow of the Colossus- 5.25
The Sims- $4.00
The Sims 2- $8.00
The Sims 2 Castaway- $6.25

GBA
Pokemon Leaf Green- $7.50
Pokemon Fire Red- $8.25

Gamecube AV cord- $1.25

[quote name='icarusmight']Um, what? You got a free copy of the game and now you want to know how to return your paid copy? Maybe you should be asking your imaginary friend this question.[/QUOTE]

What?
I said I bought one and my co-worker gave me one as a thank you for helping him out over the weekend. My imaginary friend and all my other friends know that I play a lot of video games (it's not a secret).
I get a lot of games as gifts on my b-day and x-mas and etc.
I just didn't want tell my co-worker that I already bought the game and make him feel bad. Or to make him return his copy for a different game. So I thought of returning mine.

What am I suppose to do with 2 copies of the same game? RE-gift or Re-turn?

BTW, I stopped buying games during x-mas and b-day because I get multiple copies of games as gifts. And I didn't think anyone would buy Metriod for me because there is no special event in Sept.

[quote name='Readthepost']I just picked up my pre-ordered Metriod with bonus. And my co-worker just handed me another Metriod as a thank you gift.

Thanks all[/QUOTE]

To be honest, it sounds like your co-worker works at GS and when you picked up your Metroid pre-order, he handed you another one. LOL

Updated lists and database. Trying to decide how to fix the current gen list to quit hitting the character limit.

[quote name='kataztrophik']To be honest, it sounds like your co-worker works at GS and when you picked up your Metroid pre-order, he handed you another one. LOL[/QUOTE]
Sorry this is OT.
I don't no work at GS.
But I get a lot of gifts from friends and a lot of "kiss ass" gifts from vendors and from my staff. Our company as an over $100 gift limit which means I have to report any gifts over that amount and if I'm really lucky I sometimes get to keep the gift ie. Football tickets.

I have been trying to befriend my GS employee for awhile hence the pre-order and worrying if it will hurt his status. I hoping to get future pennied guides from him. So far I got a few guides, but no Collector's edition yet.

[quote name='Readthepost']Sorry this is OT.
I don't no work at GS.
But I get a lot of gifts from friends and a lot of "kiss ass" gifts from vendors and from my staff. Our company as an over $100 gift limit which means I have to report any gifts over that amount and if I'm really lucky I sometimes get to keep the gift ie. Football tickets.

I have been trying to befriend my GS employee for awhile hence the pre-order and worrying if it will hurt his status. I hoping to get future pennied guides from him. So far I got a few guides, but no Collector's edition yet.[/QUOTE]

I've told all my friends and family to not get me any games for gifts, since I almost always buy them for way cheaper than retail anyways and I don't even want to think about my poor mom going into a store and paying SIXTY dollars for a game...that I could probably get for 30 or so.

I think all the GS's around me hate me LOL I'm the one who goes in there and never buys anything but is always trading in games in multiple transactions, and making them swap out cases and games from incomplete games I get from their website.

[quote name='kataztrophik']
I think all the GS's around me hate me LOL I'm the one who goes in there and never buys anything but is always trading in games in multiple transactions, and making them swap out cases and games from incomplete games I get from their website.[/QUOTE]

That's me too! I recently moved so atleast I get a fresh start. There's more than twice as many GS here, so I can spread out my transactions. Some of the employees at the stores I used to go to knew me so well they stopped inspecting the games.lol, just scanned the boxes or merely checked to see the games were in there.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I've told all my friends and family to not get me any games for gifts, since I almost always buy them for way cheaper than retail anyways and I don't even want to think about my poor mom going into a store and paying SIXTY dollars for a game...that I could probably get for 30 or so.

I think all the GS's around me hate me LOL I'm the one who goes in there and never buys anything but is always trading in games in multiple transactions, and making them swap out cases and games from incomplete games I get from their website.[/QUOTE]
LOL. My family and real close friends know not to buy any video or toy related items for me.
But I do so enjoy the "kiss ass" gifts from vendors. Not to brag, but I got in June:

2 Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii-regifted 1 of them):D
3 Red Dead Redemption (1 PS3 and 2 X360):D:cry::cry:
1 UFC 2010 Undisputed (PS3):D
2 Split/Second (both X360):cry:
1 Lost Planet 2 (PS3):D
some more cheap games and a lot of Star Wars Legos.
I don't have an x360 so I re-gifted the x360 games.

I had to return a PS3 CoD MW2 Collector's edition with night vision thing because of the $100 limit when I reported the gift. :cry:

[quote name='Toss']Some of the employees at the stores I used to go to knew me so well they stopped inspecting the games.lol, just scanned the boxes or merely checked to see the games were in there.[/QUOTE]
I love it when you get to that point. Also when you can bring in a console to trade-in, with it's original box and they just open it to verify the console is in there. That was hilarious.

Thanks all[/QUOTE]

Yeah, returning is better than canceling the preorder. I had no idea Metroid had a bonus - what is it? I guess I'll need to pick mine up sooner or later, but I'm in no hurry.

[quote name='io']Yeah, returning is better than canceling the preorder. I had no idea Metroid had a bonus - what is it? I guess I'll need to pick mine up sooner or later, but I'm in no hurry.[/QUOTE]

Art Folio, I didn't open mine because I'm going to return the game and the bonus.

FYI

GameStop cut short the 2/40 promote for Halo Reach. They're saying it ends 8/22 not this upcoming Sunday. They might not all be doing the same thing but I've been to 3 stores that were.

[quote name='rp71284']FYI

GameStop cut short the 2/40 promote for Halo Reach. They're saying it ends 8/22 not this upcoming Sunday. They might not all be doing the same thing but I've been to 3 stores that were.[/QUOTE]

Was there signage or did the employee just say it? Their website clearly states the expire date. I know they are allowed to change it, but I think they need to have documentation or something.

[quote name='JP']Yeah, all these stories just reinforce the need to check the little screen or your receipt on the amount you got before leaving the store. Once you leave the store it's a lot harder to get things fixed. Never take them at their word. Not saying they will lie to you intentionally but they may not have exact details on how things work. A few weeks ago a couple employees tried to tell me the 25% bonus and the tiered trade stacked. I told them no it didn't, and they proceeded to try and prove to me it did. After 15 minutes they gave up and said never mind.[/QUOTE]

jp is right, i think sometimes though, they are taught to play stupid with customers.. now I know they aren't the cream of the crop, historically, but i really think they are told to play stupid to try increase profit/reduce giving out too much credit

I know a lot of times at many different GS/EBs I have had them try to screw me over, whether intentionally or not intentionally, good thing I am an educated CAG on gamestop promos/policies!

Values from today (base):

:ps3:
Fracture 2.50
Golden Axe: 3.00

:360:
Brave: A Warrior's Tale 2.50
Brutal Legend 5.00
Konami Classics Vol.1 4.00
Konami Classics Vol.2 4.00
MX vs ATV Reflex 4.00
Rock Band Metal Pack 2.50
Rock Band Country Pack 4.00

:ps2:
Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World 6.75
Sing It 2.00

Wow! so happy with that DBZ price...9.45 w bonus! I got it at a closing Movie Gallery for like $1.79.

yeah my gamestop hates me too. lol. the one with all my friends and hot chix got closed down so now i have to go to the bitter geek gamestop where they all bugger me over how much i trade and how i try to get deals/etc. The other day when using a $10 and $5 off powerup pro coupons they told me i am the customer they are trying to avoid with powerup pro because I trade in so much and take advantage of it. idk what the hell they were talking about. why would they complain that i am doing exactly what they want me to do, i.e. trade in games. i guess they want you to trade in games and then just throw your points away. no idea. thanx jp!

From today:

:360:
Halo 3: ODST - $11.00
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $15.00
FF XIII - $15.00
Lego SW: Complete Saga - $12.00

:ps2:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - $4.75

[quote name='Readthepost']Was there signage or did the employee just say it? Their website clearly states the expire date. I know they are allowed to change it, but I think they need to have documentation or something.[/QUOTE]

No signage. It seemed that they never got an updated promo book that showed that it didn't expire already. Plus, all their in-store ads were showing just Metroid. I went to a different store later, and they either had older ads or updated ones.

I never will get why GS runs like 10 different promos at the same time. If they made 1 good one at a time, you wouldn't need all of those. I guess they like confusion.

Anybody recall what the best gamestop promo was and when they did it? Like the recent trade 3 for an extra $10 promo for games over a dollar - wasn't there a 7/$50 promo or somethiong like that for games over $5. When was that?

[quote name='Toss']Anybody recall what the best gamestop promo was and when they did it? Like the recent trade 3 for an extra $10 promo for games over a dollar - wasn't there a 7/$50 promo or something like that for games over $5. When was that?[/QUOTE]

I have a receipt here where I got an extra 50% + the Edge 10% and I only traded 5 games. It was around March.

I have a bundle of stuff to sell right now, and with the 7/30% offer coming to an end in 5 days, I'd hate for a 50% one to come up right after I traded my stuff.

I traded in halo odst & splinter cell conviction and I ended up getting $42.20 in store credit towards halo reach. so yeah, the halo reach (trade 2 on the list for $40 credit) promo should still be working and edge stacked on it as well.

[quote name='Killa_Khaos7']I have a receipt here where I got an extra 50% + the Edge 10% and I only traded 5 games. It was around March.

I have a bundle of stuff to sell right now, and with the 7/30% offer coming to an end in 5 days, I'd hate for a 50% one to come up right after I traded my stuff.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop had that extra 50% TIV only 2 months ago and you only had to trade in 1 game to get the bonus. I remember quite clearly because that's when I traded in a ton of NSMB's for 40 each.

Am I trippin' tho, wasn't there a 7 games/$50 bonus a while ago? Do you remember JP?

Anybody have any insights or info as to future promos coming up?

$40 NSMB mmmmm....and was it $55 ME2.....drool drool

[quote name='kataztrophik']Gamestop had that extra 50% TIV only 2 months ago and you only had to trade in 1 game to get the bonus. I remember quite clearly because that's when I traded in a ton of NSMB's for 40 each.[/QUOTE]

So does that mean would it be best for me to just take advantage of the current 7/30%, or is there a chance for another X Number of games/50% deal in the next 2 months? Doubtful right?

[quote name='Killa_Khaos7']So does that mean would it be best for me to just take advantage of the current 7/30%, or is there a chance for another X Number of games/50% deal in the next 2 months? Doubtful right?[/QUOTE]

30% really isn't that high of a TIV bonus if you ask me. There's almost always a 25% TIV bonus toward some preorder. Though the problem with waiting is potentially having your base TIV's drop. 2 months is a long time to hold onto games you want to get rid of, and in that time, TIV's can plummet to half of what they are at now. I suggest trading them in if you're happy with what you are going to get for them. The longest I suggest you wait would be until the new promo's come out on 9/6

[quote name='kataztrophik']30% really isn't that high of a TIV bonus if you ask me. There's almost always a 25% TIV bonus toward some preorder. Though the problem with waiting is potentially having your base TIV's drop. 2 months is a long time to hold onto games you want to get rid of, and in that time, TIV's can plummet to half of what they are at now. I suggest trading them in if you're happy with what you are going to get for them. The longest I suggest you wait would be until the new promo's come out on 9/6[/QUOTE]

Yeah I started thinking the same thing about my TIV's dropping if I wait for a higher bonus, and most of them are over $12 at the moment so I'd hate to lose those prices. Meh, whatever, I'll take the 30% and be happy. Thanks.

[quote name='Killa_Khaos7']Yeah I started thinking the same thing about my TIV's dropping if I wait for a higher bonus, and most of them are over $12 at the moment so I'd hate to lose those prices. Meh, whatever, I'll take the 30% and be happy. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I found that there is a "sweet spot" for games in the 10-14 dollar TIV range. They tend to show up on the trade 2 promo lists (or guaranteed $20/25 lists) and usually 20 TIV is well more than even 50% bonus on these games.

Games with TIV over 18 should be traded in during high % bonuses, games with TIV from 10-15 should be traded in during list promos, and games under 10 should be traded in during Trade 3, get $X promos.

This is just my opinion, but those are when you get the most bang for your buck. Of course it wouldn't make sense to wait an excessively long time just to catch the right promo, and as always, shop around. There are at least 7 different trade in sites/stores that you can potentially trade your game in, as well as eBay.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah my gamestop hates me too. lol. the one with all my friends and hot chix got closed down so now i have to go to the bitter geek gamestop where they all bugger me over how much i trade and how i try to get deals/etc. The other day when using a $10 and $5 off powerup pro coupons they told me i am the customer they are trying to avoid with powerup pro because I trade in so much and take advantage of it. idk what the hell they were talking about. why would they complain that i am doing exactly what they want me to do, i.e. trade in games. i guess they want you to trade in games and then just throw your points away. no idea. thanx jp![/QUOTE]

Velo you should really get the district manager's phone number and complain about that. They shouldn't treat you like that. I know it's a woman named Jackie, don't know her last name though.

Also everyone don't forget the Gamestop manager's conference is going on right now in San Antonio, so the highest up the food chain people you're dealing with at store level are assistant store managers, and probably a lot of senior/regular game advisors, so they may not know what's going on with promos and stuff.

I know someone in the VC 2 thread didn't get their DLC code, I had to wait 5-10 minutes on mine as the people working today (my store has pretty much all new staff from asst. store manager down) had to call another store to figure out how to get the register to print out the code, and a lady helped before I arrived had to come back to the store because she didn't get the art folio for Metroid. Also see the above story of a CAG being told the trade 2 for $40 towards Metroid/Halo was no longer active.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Yeah, returning is better than canceling the preorder. I had no idea Metroid had a bonus - what is it? I guess I'll need to pick mine up sooner or later, but I'm in no hurry.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Readthepost']Art Folio, I didn't open mine because I'm going to return the game and the bonus.[/QUOTE]

FYI - I returned the Metroid with the bonus and the GS employee told me that I didn't need to return the bonus. He mentioned something like only pre-orders get that and since I was returning mine, my copy would be sold as a non-preorder (regular)...so that next customer shouldn't/wouldn't not get the bonus.

So I opened it and there was about 10 or more pictures.....nothing great.

I thought I share so others don't need to open their's.

My trade-ins today:

:wii: Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands: $7
:ps3: Tekken 6: $8
:ps2: Bratz: The Movie: $2
:ps2: Friends: The One With All The Trivia: $0.80
:ps2: Gran Truismo 4: $2
:ps2: Psychonauts: $3.25
:ps2: Jumper: $0.50

Base TIVs for 9/1/2010

:gba: Lego Knights Kingdom - $2.25
:ds: Scurge: Hive - $0.50
:ps2: Escape from Monkey Island - $1.00
:ps2: Hitman 2: Silent Assassins - $0.85
:ps2: Hitman: Contracts - $1.00
:ps2: Hitman: Blood Money - $2.00
:360: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - $2.00
:gc: Animal Crossing - $2.25
:ps2: Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland - $2.50
:ps2: Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy - $2.50

FYI: I'm not sure if somebody mentioned that the tiered trade offer didn't apply to GBA games, but in my case I got the extra 30% on Lego Knights Kingdom.

Xbox 360:

Tales of Vesperia - 14
Splinter Cell Conviction - 11
Lost Odyssey - 6
Mass Effect 2 - 9
Prince of Persia (2008) LE - 2.5

Wii:

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - 12
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands - 8
SSX Blur - 2
A boy and His Blob - 5
Red Steel 2 Game only - 9
NSMB Wii - 25

PS3:

Star Ocean Last Hope International - 17
Tomb Raider Underworld - 3
3D Dot Game Heroes - 8

PS2:

Tales of Legendia - 3.25
Sakura Wars So Long My Love - 9.75

GBA:

Golden Sun - 2.25
Yggdra Union - 0.55
Fire Emblem - 3.5
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones - 2.5
Super Monkey Ball Jr - 1
Warioware Twisted - 2.25

Hope that helps!

Not sure if this is off-topic or not, but I bought a new Tritton ax 180 8 days ago for $80. Can I return this for another PS3 headset, or am I stuck with it? It's giving me migranes everytime I use it since it squeezes my head and it bruised the cartiledge in my ear and I'm not sure if that's be considered a defect or something.

Edit:

:ds:
Nintendogs: Dachshund - $4.25

Once it's opened, it's going to be hard to do a return. They'll try to get you to trade it in for like $10 more than likely. Also, updated lists and database.

[quote name='JP']Once it's opened, it's going to be hard to do a return. They'll try to get you to trade it in for like $10 more than likely. Also, updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

So they'll take it?
It wasn't wrapped, and the sticker is still there and sticky.

Okay, maybe I misunderstood. You bought a new headset and it basically hurts to wear and you want to return/exchange for a different? If that is the case, it wont happen unless you know that store manager very very well. Once a new product is opened, especially at GameStop, it's yours. They'll say your only option is to trade it in, which would get you like $10.

Looking at the back of a Gamestop receipt, you actually do have 7 days to return an opened accessory. I did it w/ a Madcatz Street Fighter controller. Of course, I had to explain the return policy clearly written on the receipt 5 times to the clerk - but it worked. It reads:

"Used(pre-owned) merchandise and opened new accessories may be returned for a refund within 7 days of purchase or exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase."

That being said - it's been 8 days so the guy's probably out of luck unless you want to exchange for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back