GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
lucky labrat, they never let me trade 2 of the same for 40 deals or i could have done better with my splinter cell convictions... they always say no duplicates at the only gamestop i have left around here. my buddy manager's gamestop closed down so i got no more hookups, argh! years of building friendly relations with employees all gone! argh lol

edit- oh, 2 dif systems, i get it... peace

[quote name='SteelSD']Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition... even though it's priced $14.99 (before EDGE) used at GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Is that an in store only deal? GS.com sells for $39.99

[quote name='akijikan']Is that an in store only deal? GS.com sells for $39.99[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I bought the XBOX 360 version. That version of the RE 5: Gold has the bonus DLC on a code card rather than on the disc, so they have to sell them used as the regular version. The PS3 version has the DLC on the disc, so they do charge $39.99 for that one. The 360 version is $14.99 used everywhere I've ever seen it. You won't find it used for the 360 on gamestop.com likely due to the DLC card issue.

As a sidenote, the 360 copy I grabbed had the DLC code card with it and, to my great surprise, it was UNUSED! :D

just called local gamestop and asked and he said they will honor bestbuy's tiv as long as the games are in good condition. lol. so yay. now i can get more gamestop credit and less bestbuy credit, as iv already got enough. hopefully i will be able to spend that gamestop credit online soon enough...grrrr

oh yeah, and this is off topic, but bestbuy's tiv system totally sucks. I traded in 5 games on wed as a trial run and they failed multiple ways. They were finally able to find and add the games in the system after about 20 minutes, but then they couldnt find a working barcode scanner, since they printed off their own upc's from their system. all scanners(5) they found were broke/not charged. this is the manager on duty helping me out here and im getting nowhere. she says they could send me a check through the mail but i would get less, i say, no thanks. so she says try to come back tomorrow and we will get this fixed. im like, wha? so she gives me her name and some #code.
so i come back tomorrow/friday ish and she isnt there and they still cant give me a gift card cuz they say the whole system is down. i complain that i already gave them my 5 games and where is my gift card? he said it is stored in their computer system and then they take my cell# and say they will call me back when it is working. i said this better be soon, i cant wait a week. grrr. i would have been better off sending through bestbuytradein.com but i wanted to try it out. hopefully i can just go to gamestop next instead of all this silly runaround and still nothing. they said it was corporate that is in control and they couldnt fix it, omg! bestbuytradein fail.

hm i'd be interested to know if this best buy matching is regional or national. i've never been interested in getting BB credit, but i can always use more gamestop credit (which i would probably use to get more amazon credit)

Just checking, but the trade-in deals that end tomorrow end at the stores closing, right (meaning they are still active tomorrow)?

I want to put a couple games towards Reach, so I'm hoping I haven't missed out

[quote name='lolwut?']Just checking, but the trade-in deals that end tomorrow end at the stores closing, right (meaning they are still active tomorrow)?

I want to put a couple games towards Reach, so I'm hoping I haven't missed out[/QUOTE]

yeah they end at the close of business tomorrow 9/5. So you are still good if you do them tomorrow.

Traded in a ton of games today for a grand total of $381.73 in credit.

Base TIV:
New Super Mario Bros (Wii) - 25.00
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - 25.00

FEAR 2 (360) - 5.00
Konami Classics Vol 1 (360) - 4.00
Konami Classics Vol 2 (360) - 4.00
Lost Planet 2 (360) - 12.00
Splinter Cell Conviction (360) - 11.00

Bomberman (DS) - 1.50
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS) - 5.00
Sprung (DS) - 0.50

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade (PSP) - 0.75
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP) - 3.00

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) - 5.25

I wish I read this thread before going to 3 gamestops and clearing through my stack of games. Extra $20 credit would've been nice

GS Base TIV's as of 9/4/2010
:wii: Marvel Super Hero Squad - $5
:wii: Rock Band Beatles - $7
:wii: Cars: Mater National - $6
:wii: The Conduit - $6
:wii: The Princess and the Frog - $4
:wii: The Godfather Blackhand Edition - $6
:wii: Guitar Hero: Metallica - $7
:wii: Monsters Vs Aliens - $5
:wii: Sonic Unleashed - $6
:wii: Star Wars the Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels - $5
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - $7
:wii: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $5
:wii: WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 - $6
:ds: Ghostbusters - $5
:ds: Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits Bundle - $5
:ds: Jonas Brothers - $3
:ds: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Decepticons - $5
:ds: TinkerBell and the Lost Treasure - $5
:ds: Skate It - $5
:ps3: Rock Band Beatles - $7
:ps3: Darksiders - $9
:ps3: Ghostbusters - $7
:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $ 7
:ps3: Nascar 09 - $16
:ps3: H.A.W.X. - $7
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $9
:ps3: UFC 2009 - $2
:360: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - $7
:360: Bayonetta - $7
:360: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - $2.50
:360: Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $2.00
:360: Darksiders - $8
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - $5
:360: FIFA 09 - $7
:360: FIFA 10 - $18
:360: Fracture - $2.50
:360: Fuel - $4
:360: Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $4
:360: G-Force - $7
:360: Gears of War 2 - $5
:360: Ghostbusters - $5
:360: The Godfather 2 - $6
:360: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - $7
:360: Guitar Hero: Metallica - $8
:360: Avatar the Game - $7
:360: Midnight Club: Los Angeles - $6
:360: Monsters Vs Aliens - $6
:360: Resident Evil 5 - $2.50
:360: Saints Row 2 - $5
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - $5
:360: H.A.W.X. - $7
:360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $7
:360: Turok - $1.50
:360: The Club - $1.50

[quote name='MasterYensid']GS Base TIV's as of 9/4/2010
:360: The Club - $1.50[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Sorry for dumb question asked in advanced. If I trade in only one of the games that are on the $20.00 bonus list towards Halo:Reach will I get the bump up for it? I have a copy of NHL 10 to trade in and nothing else to trade in with it and I am trying to maxamize its value.

Thanks,
Anthony

[quote name='ajh2298']Sorry for dumb question asked in advanced. If I trade in only one of the games that are on the $20.00 bonus list towards Halo:Reach will I get the bump up for it? I have a copy of NHL 10 to trade in and nothing else to trade in with it and I am trying to maxamize its value.

Thanks,
Anthony[/QUOTE]

WWE Smackdown sells in store for 17.99 (16.19 with edge) when its paired with that game it will go for 20.00 TIV (20.90 with edge)

[quote name='rjbooth']WWE Smackdown sells in store for 17.99 (16.19 with edge) when its paired with that game it will go for 20.00 TIV (20.90 with edge)[/QUOTE]

Cool what system is that for? I cant get the $20.00 bonus promo page to load for some reason.

EDIT: Just got the page to load and if its the Wii version(the other versions are like $27.00 used) there are no copies in my area at all.

:psp: Phat sytem w/ AC&Batt: 35.00
:psp: soft carry case: 0.75

:ds: Lite system w/AC & Stylus: 30.00
:ds: Phat system w/AC & Stylus: 25.00
:ds: Mario Kart: 17.00

:360: Power Brick: 8.75
:360: Wireless Controller: 12.75

:wii:system complete: 60.00
:wii: component cable: 4.25
:wii: Remote: 13.50
:wii: Nunchuk: 6.75
:wii: memory SD 2.0GB: 3.00

:ps3: Resident Evil Gold: 17.00
:ps3: ModNation Racers: 23.00
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time: 10.00
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption: 24.00

[quote name='ajh2298']Cool what system is that for? I cant get the $20.00 bonus promo page to load for some reason.

EDIT: Just got the page to load and if its the Wii version(the other versions are like $27.00 used) there are no copies in my area at all.[/QUOTE]

ya it was wii.

Steambot Chronicles (PS2) - $1.25
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii) - $10
Fatal Inertia (360) - $1.50
Divinity II: Ego Draconis (360) - $9
Battlestations: Midway (360) - $3

PSP:

Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip $5
Gran Turismo: $5
Hot Shots Gold open tee 2: $3
ratchet and clank size matters :$1
Wipeout pure: $1

[quote name='MasterYensid']GS Base TIV's as of 9/4/2010
:360: The Club - $1.50[/QUOTE]

Man I feel sorry for you. The new promo would have gotten you more credit if you had waited until Monday. You would of had 45 games that qualified for it so that would have been $180 bonus credit, then the value of those 45 games + Edge and the value of the 9 non-qualifiying games (the DS ones and the console games that were exactly $2 or less) + Edge.

You would have been at $532.55 credit vs. $416.65 by my calculations, so about $120 difference.

9/4
:wii: Super Paper Mario - $11
:wii: Wii Sports - $5
:wii: No More Heroes - $3
:wii: Dewy's Adventure - $1.50
:gc: Wave Race Blue Storm - $0.70

[quote name='Velo214']lucky labrat, they never let me trade 2 of the same for 40 deals or i could have done better with my splinter cell convictions... they always say no duplicates [/QUOTE]

they let me do it last time--

i also have 2 call of duty waw im trading in today both xbox360--

it says nothing in their trade in offer/ad about duplicates-so im using the i phone to show them if i get a problem-

[quote name='MSUHitman']Man I feel sorry for you. The new promo would have gotten you more credit if you had waited until Monday. You would of had 45 games that qualified for it so that would have been $180 bonus credit, then the value of those 45 games + Edge and the value of the 9 non-qualifiying games (the DS ones and the console games that were exactly $2 or less) + Edge.

You would have been at $532.55 credit vs. $416.65 by my calculations, so about $120 difference.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm so if on Monday trade in 5 (more than $2.01) and get an extra $4 each...

So today if you have 5 that have a base TIV of more than $12.12 ... trade in today for the extra 40%
but if the value is less than $12.12 but more than the base of $2.01 wait until tomorrow?

Hopefully (lol) my math skills are still active...

so i want to get rid of bad company 2(360) splinter cell conviction and split second

so would the best option be to trade them in today towards the 2 for 40 promo then pick up reach and return it back later on to get dead rising 2

that would work right? also only returning it since im already going to get reach from amazon

[quote name='MSUHitman']Man I feel sorry for you. The new promo would have gotten you more credit if you had waited until Monday. You would of had 45 games that qualified for it so that would have been $180 bonus credit, then the value of those 45 games + Edge and the value of the 9 non-qualifiying games (the DS ones and the console games that were exactly $2 or less) + Edge.

You would have been at $532.55 credit vs. $416.65 by my calculations, so about $120 difference.[/QUOTE]

Ouch ... :cry:

^Wow, I've never gotten anywhere near that much credit! Not even half of either of those amounts!
Sure it sucks to miss out on extra anything but that's how life goes.

Like when you go to a concert/sporting event in an unfamiliar area and park in a lot for $20 only to find one at $10 on your walk to the venue. Or when you're on a roadtrip and buy gas only to find it MUCH cheaper at the next exit. If you add up all the coulda'-shoulda'-woulda's from a lifetime it'd be gut wrenching to be sure. We just don't know the future.

So I say congrats to MasterYensid for not only having the courage to pull the trigger on a massive trade but also for posting it here for the good of the community knowing full well that somebody would probably point out his inability to know the future. (I am glad it wasn't done in spite.)

As kataztrophik already said last page :applause:

Didn't actually trade-in anything in...yet. I got all of these as phone quotes in anticipation for Monday. These are all games that were available at my Blockbuster and eligible for the B1G1 Free Sale. Just trying to give back some information since I depend on this thread so much. Now, they may change by Monday, but I am gambling that most won't.

BTW, I had to call about 20 stores to get all that so it wasn't easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MasterYensid']Didn't actually trade-in anything in...yet. I got all of these as phone quotes in anticipation for Monday. These are all games that were available at my Blockbuster and eligible for the B1G1 Free Sale. Just trying to give back some information since I depend on this thread so much. Now, they may change by Monday, but I am gambling that most won't.

BTW, I had to call about 20 stores to get all that so it wasn't easy.[/QUOTE]
Well don't I look silly for calling you Courage McTrigger-Puller!:lol:

That is a fair chunk of calling work though, hope it works out for you!

funny, the $40 towards Reach trade in is about the same as getting a $20 GC from any other location if you're trading in 2 games worth about $10 a piece...well, who needs a GC when you can save now. :)

[quote name='chuckie88']Well don't I look silly for calling you Courage McTrigger-Puller!:lol:

That is a fair chunk of calling work though, hope it works out for you![/QUOTE]

You were right on with not looking back at all the shoulda-coulda-woulda moments, but in this instance I had a means to gather more information to make a better decision. I don;t actually even have all those games, I was doing research so I know what to get and what to avoid.

On a side note, do DS games not count for these tiered dollar bonus promotions anymore?

[quote name='100xp']funny, the $40 towards Reach trade in is about the same as getting a $20 GC from any other location if you're trading in 2 games worth about $10 a piece...well, who needs a GC when you can save now. :)[/QUOTE]
yes because any where else you can get 40$ for odst and scc
right?

[quote name='MasterYensid']You were right on with not looking back at all the shoulda-coulda-woulda moments, but in this instance I had a means to gather more information to make a better decision. I don;t actually even have all those games, I was doing research so I know what to get and what to avoid.

On a side note, do DS games not count for these tiered dollar bonus promotions anymore?[/QUOTE]

DS games don't count for the trade 3/5 get $10/$20, but they do for the 10/20/30% so I'd hurry and trade those in now. Also the games that are $2 and under in store credit.

Glad to see that you're going to get the max credit you can.

And to the person asking above, yes it's about the $12 mark where it's better to do the bonus percentage promotions than it is the trade x get $x promotions.

[quote name='MSUHitman']DS games don't count for the trade 3/5 get $10/$20, but they do for the 10/20/30% so I'd hurry and trade those in now. Also the games that are $2 and under in store credit.

Glad to see that you're going to get the max credit you can.

And to the person asking above, yes it's about the $12 mark where it's better to do the bonus percentage promotions than it is the trade x get $x promotions.[/QUOTE]

so is it worth trading in bfbc2/splinter cell convcition and split second with the % promo? or should i just go with the reach promo?

Base as always:

:wii: Endless Ocean Blue World 8.00
:ps3: Little Big Planet GOTY 12.00

Did 2 for $40 towards REACH. The manager didn't have the promo flier and figured the games qualified for the promo.

[quote name='MasterYensid']You were right on with not looking back at all the shoulda-coulda-woulda moments, but in this instance I had a means to gather more information to make a better decision. I don;t actually even have all those games, I was doing research so I know what to get and what to avoid.

On a side note, do DS games not count for these tiered dollar bonus promotions anymore?[/QUOTE]

you're the effing man is what you are. I'm about to go on a crazy BB spree

Hopefully someone will know the answer to this: when you pick up a pre-order game on release, when you give them your pre-order receipt, do you also have to give them I.D. as well, or just the receipt? I haven't picked up a pre-order there in over 5 years, so I don't remember.

Anyways, base for today:

:360:

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise $6.00
NHL 2008 $1.00
NBA Live 07 $0.75

:ps3:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.00

:ps2:

Neo Geo Battle Colosseum $0.95
Shadow of the Colossus $5.25

Do you guys know how long the next tiered going to last? I have some games that over 18 dollars and do you guys think that I should trade it or wait for the next one.
I have
nsmb
cod mw2
super street fighter (2)
modnations.

TIA

[quote name='SteelSD']Had an interesting conversation with one of our local GameStop employees today. I was purchasing a used copy of Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and let slip that it trades in at Best Buy for $25.00 even though it's priced $14.99 (before EDGE) used at GameStop. The employee stated that they're supposed to honor the Best Buy trade-in values. I'm not sure if that meant ALL Best Buy trade-in prices or just the ones for the games on the "$20.00 Gift Card" list. Might be YMMV, but that's the info I got from the local store so I figured I'd pass it along.[/QUOTE]

Yes please let me know where this Gamestop is cause i believe you got it confused. Yes Resident Evil 5 Gold for 360 trades in for $25 @ Best Buy but $14.99 USED before EDGE card is for the regular version RE5 for 360 which trades in for $5 @ Best Buy.

yeps got gamestop to match bestbuy $20 tivs. they were gonna charge me 3 refurb so i took that one back, but 100 for 5 misc games was sweet. called bestbuy and they still dont have giftcard trade in center working, ugh, my $100 is trapped in bestbuy computer limbo. they also didnt have any re5gold(360) or classic british motor racing(wii) doh! oh well, peace!

[quote name='lolwut?']Hopefully someone will know the answer to this: when you pick up a pre-order game on release, when you give them your pre-order receipt, do you also have to give them I.D. as well, or just the receipt? I haven't picked up a pre-order there in over 5 years, so I don't remember.

[/QUOTE]

In the past week I've picked up preorders with:

-Receipt
-ID
-PowerUp card

You shouldn't need more than 1 of those

[quote name='coolrust']Do you guys know how long the next tiered going to last? I have some games that over 18 dollars and do you guys think that I should trade it or wait for the next one.
I have
nsmb
cod mw2
super street fighter (2)
modnations.

TIA[/QUOTE]

I always save high valued games (over $15) for tiered pricing and low value games for money promos. If you're trading in 5 games, I'd rather get 30% of $25 (for NSMB Wii) rather than $4 added.

That's always how I base my trade-ins. Unless there is a promo that bumps up values.

All the games you mentioned would have been perfect for the promo that ends today.

[quote name='kart007k']what are the new deal coming? I hope its trade 2 in get $10.00[/QUOTE]

Is this what you were wondering? :)

[quote name='tenzor']The new promos beginning 9/6 are

Trade in 3 360/Wii/PS3 games and receive an extra $10 credit

Trade in 5 360/Wii/PS3 games and receive an extra $20 credit

Games that are $2.00 or less are EXCLUDED from this offer, and will not work

There is also a Kinect and Move trade in offer

Trade in any games towards the purchase/pre-order of the 360 Kinect or Playstation Move and receive an extra 25% trade in bonus.

The Power Trade 25% offer is still going on, and I think Kirby Epic Yarn is added, but I forgot what the other two games are. I think Halo Reach is still one of them also.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back