GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade in values

PS3
iconps3.gif

Bayonetta - 8.00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 15.00
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 -11.00
Fallout 3 - 6.00
Demon's Souls - 9.00
Modern Warfare 2 - 20.00

TIV from yesterday.

DS

Mario Kart - $17.00 TIV finally dropped.

Halo ODST - $11.00
Need for Speed Undercover - $7.00
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $7.00

PS2

Nascar 09 - $6.75

So, GS is giving you $30 for a used DS lite? With the extra $20, that's $50... Is that right? Is that a good trade? There's no price drop on the DS lite, so the price seems to be low for a DS model that still supports GBA.

Base TiVs for 9/2:

:360: Beowulf: The Game - $1.00
:360: Condemned: Criminal Origins - $2.00
:360: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - $7.00
:360: Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $2.50
:ps2: Winback: Covert Operations - $0.45

Submitted all to the trade-in values tracker as well.

Any news on their ad for tomorrow? Just wanting to know if they have any better trade in offers. Last time I traded games in they had a 50% bonus credit two days after xD

Base values for 8/29/10 (Sorry, I kept forgetting to post them)

Guitar Hero 5 - $7
Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $6
Spider-man: Web of Shadows - $6

I am kinda surprised that these games held their value since both Guitar Hero games have not been updated since June and Spider-man actually went up a dollar, probably due to the fact the new game is coming out on Tues.

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Any news on their ad for tomorrow? Just wanting to know if they have any better trade in offers. Last time I traded games in they had a 50% bonus credit two days after xD[/QUOTE]
The ad for tomorrow was posted monday. Garbage, no used deals of the week and no coupon.

[quote name='JP']The ad for tomorrow was posted monday. Garbage, no used deals of the week and no coupon.[/QUOTE]
Damn, okay thanks man! I'll be sure to post up what I get for my trades tomorrow.

FYI- Not a trade in value, but Aion (PC game) showed up pennied out today in the system. I was able to grab a sealed copy because my local store is cool like that.

PS2
Legend of Kay - $0.65
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure - $0.65
Secret Agent Clank - $3.25

Nintendo DS
Dragon Ball: Attack of the Saiyans - $6.00
Monkey Madness: Island Escape - $4.00
Satisfashion: Rock the Runway - $6.00

When you trade in a console and it requires a controller, is that included in the console TIV or do you get credit for the controller in addition to it? Also, they flat-out don't accept it without a controller? My original is beaten to shit and, quite frankly, I'd get more money returning the one I bought to replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']When you trade in a console and it requires a controller, is that included in the console TIV or do you get credit for the controller in addition to it? Also, they flat-out don't accept it without a controller? My original is beaten to shit and, quite frankly, I'd get more money returning the one I bought to replace it.[/QUOTE]

All consoles require a controller. YMMV whether you can get buy with a beat up one or a 3rd party one.

They'd prob hit you with a refurb fee if anything, which would make not having a controller pretty dumb.

[quote name='rp71284']All consoles require a controller. YMMV whether you can get buy with a beat up one or a 3rd party one.

They'd prob hit you with a refurb fee if anything, which would make not having a controller pretty dumb.[/QUOTE]

Haha, they can't refurb it twice. 360's parts at this point, I'm just trying to figure out how to salvage them. $12.75 for the controller means the difference between Gamestop and Craigslist.

TIV from 9/3

HDMI Cable: 5.25
New Super Mario Bros (Wii): 25.00
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii): 25.00
Brutal Legend (360): 5.00
Forza 2 (360): 1.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue (DS): 2.50
Splinter Cell Conviction (360): 11.00
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii): 8.00

With Bonuses and Edge, came out with $128.57

[quote name='killer9']Any news on a new promo or will these be extended?[/QUOTE]
New promos, don't have full details yet.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='Donut2922']TIV 9/2

PSP 3000 - $70 (before $20 bonus which makes it $90 through Sunday)[/QUOTE]

What are the accessories required to trade in with a PSP? Just the AC adapter, or do I need to include a memory card as well?

If you have any left over 2010 season sports games, you better trade them in by tomorrow. They will be next to worthless after Sunday.

[quote name='mgford11']What are the accessories required to trade in with a PSP? Just the AC adapter, or do I need to include a memory card as well?[/QUOTE]

No memory card needed. You'll get a TIV for that as well if you wanna throw that in there.

You just need the PSP, battery, and AC adaptor.

You just missed the base TIV which was $80 a few weeks ago (good thing I turned that one in on time).

The new promos beginning 9/6 are

Trade in 3 360/Wii/PS3 games and receive an extra $10 credit

Trade in 5 360/Wii/PS3 games and receive an extra $20 credit

Games that are $2.00 or less are EXCLUDED from this offer, and will not work

There is also a Kinect and Move trade in offer

Trade in any games towards the purchase/pre-order of the 360 Kinect or Playstation Move and receive an extra 25% trade in bonus.

The Power Trade 25% offer is still going on, and I think Kirby Epic Yarn is added, but I forgot what the other two games are. I think Halo Reach is still one of them also.

[quote name='rp71284']If you have any left over 2010 season sports games, you better trade them in by tomorrow. They will be next to worthless after Sunday.[/QUOTE]

NHL 10 and the NBA games (Live 10 and NBA 2K10) most definately. Easy $40 for Halo Reach or Metroid: Other M.

[quote name='MSUHitman']NHL 10 and the NBA games (Live 10 and NBA 2K10) most definately. Easy $40 for Halo Reach or Metroid: Other M.[/QUOTE]

Also NHL 2k10 for Wii & Tiger Woods 10 for PS3/Wii.

I honestly feel bad that I've traded in so many sports games this week.

I am really hoping that the baseball game I have holds value over $2 by Monday so I can drop it with 4 other games!

I have another I can put in there just in case but I'd rather keep it if I can and drop the baseball game instead.

A large majority of values that are $2.25-$2.50 right now will probably be $2 or less come Monday morning.

[quote name='JP']A large majority of values that are $2.25-$2.50 right now will probably be $2 or less come Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

Well the game I have was worth $4.00 on 8/21/10 so I am hoping to god it is still over $2 by Monday.

I was afraid the next promo would include a 3 for $10. Oh well, such is life.
Here's some base TIVs from earlier today (Saturday, September 4th, 2010).

:360:
Left 4 Dead 2 - $11.00
Borderlands - $10.00
Guitar Hero: Metallica - $8.00
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - $6.00
Ghostbusters - $5.00
Rock Band: Beatles - $2.50
:ds:
Personal Trainer: Cooking - $1.50

man amazon didnt delivery the AC hook up for my Pink (crimson rose) Ds lite

with 20 buck add on it would of netted me 50 bucks...

without the AC hook up they said 35

I think i can sell a DS lite for more then 35 on ebay so probally go that route .

50 even seemed very low for a DS LITE

if i cant dump it i can always use it as a GBA on the go

What would be a good source for games that could be purchased and used on the $20 for 5 bonus? Obviously we're talking games that are likely only slightly above the $2.00 non qualification line and preferably could be purchased for a total price of $26.05 or less to maintain at least a 15% margin?

BB B1G1 is a possibility if you can find 10 games for 9.99 or less, that would cost you $50 and assuming a minimum only value of 2.25 or less net you 22.50 + $40 bonus for a total of 62.50 or 25% profit. Of course, games of higher than minimum value are quite possibly found and naturally raise the margins considerably. Of course, Monday 9/6 will be the last day for this.

Anyone else aware of widely available sources?

productive night at GS. Paid off Halo Reach preorder by using the 2 PoP games for the 2 for 40 promo, and the other 3 for the 25% promo, and had $18 left over -

PoP: Forgotten Sands (Wii) $6

PoP: Forgotten Sands $8
Red Dead Redemption $24
Burnout Paradise $5
Sega Superstar Tennis/Arcade Hits $1

Had an interesting conversation with one of our local GameStop employees today. I was purchasing a used copy of Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and let slip that it trades in at Best Buy for $25.00 even though it's priced $14.99 (before EDGE) used at GameStop. The employee stated that they're supposed to honor the Best Buy trade-in values. I'm not sure if that meant ALL Best Buy trade-in prices or just the ones for the games on the "$20.00 Gift Card" list. Might be YMMV, but that's the info I got from the local store so I figured I'd pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back