Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='hhhdx4']Yeah that Aersomith is one old guy.[/quote]

It's several old guys, but they could replace the rest and I don't think anybody would notice. Steven Tyler is the only famous one.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Yeah that Aersomith is one old guy.[/quote]
I wonder if this is sarcasm considering spazX said "that guy." :D

[quote name='SpazX']It's several old guys, but they could replace the rest and I don't think anybody would notice. Steven Tyler is the only famous one.[/quote]

I think people would miss Joe Perry, he is one hell of a guitarist (and probably a big reason they have enough good songs to fill an entire Guitar Hero Game)...

so is there no way to download "dream on" if you missed the feb 16-18 window? even if you want to pay for it (not that i do, but i dont see the option anywhere to download it)

[quote name='whataboutbob?']so is there no way to download "dream on" if you missed the feb 16-18 window? even if you want to pay for it (not that i do, but i dont see the option anywhere to download it)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw a walk through on this site the other day:

www.backtothefuture.com
www.docbrownFTW.com

Good Luck.

Anyone get the e-mail from RedOctane Store about this game? It confirms the $50 PS2/Wii and $60 PS3/360 prices, and offers a "FREE Guitar Hero Keychain" with pre-order.

I'll give it a shot at $20. $50? No.

[quote name='PRMega']Anyone get the e-mail from RedOctane Store about this game? It confirms the $50 PS2/Wii and $60 PS3/360 prices, and offers a "FREE Guitar Hero Keychain" with pre-order.

I'll give it a shot at $20. $50? No.[/quote]
That's a shame that the price actually is going to be $60 for the 360 version, but come to think about it, I haven't seen many deals on GH games. :whistle2:s

I think I'll pass on this until some like $20 deal for it comes along. I'm a so-so Aerosmith fan, but I'm not a diehard fan of them, so I'd only be looking for a handful of songs.

I think I'll pick this up if it has a few of my favorite Aerosmith songs on it or I could save the cash for Rock Band...

SH Thread with supposed info from Game Informer:

Venues:
Nipmuc Regional High School in Massachusetts (the first gig Aerosmith has played)
Max's Kansas City (the place Aerosmith got their first record contract)
Orpheum Theater in Boston (semi-confirmed)
"The Big Game" (based off the 2001 Super Bowl) (semi-confirmed)

Songs:
Sweet Emotion
Kings and Queens
Movin' Out
Make It
Draw the Line
Uncle Salty
No Surprize
Dream On (though this has been kind of confirmed from the start)

Other Groups that careers intersected with Aerosmith, these songs will be performed by the normal Guitar Hero characters.
Mott the Hoople (All the Young Dudes)
The Kinks (All Day and All of the Night)
Joan Jett (I Hate Myself for Loving You)
Cheap Trick (Dream Police)

Each set is 2 'opening band songs', then 2 aerosmith songs and an encore. So 2 non-aerosmith for every 3 aerosmith.

Boss battles are back, but have been tweaked due to feedback.

There are 5 performers on stage for aerosmith and opening bands, so all new camera angles, etc. They had to work on collision detection due to tyler and perry and how they perform with each other. Also, old GH characters will be back for the opening songs.

They all did mo-cap, but Tyler spent almost a month on mo-cap, doing all of every song till he got it perfect, and mo-capped his full body as well as his face alone.

The game is meant to be a tour through their catalogue, so it will most likely be chronological. Also, venues are designed after some of their most memorale venues, with backdrops inspired by covers. Opening venue is the high school where they first played. Also a redo of the 2001 Super Bowl halftime show and the Orpheum.

The band re-recorded tracks when the original multi-track was lost, ie "Movin Out" and "Make It".

They also tried to tie in a VH1 Behind-the-Music type feel to the whole journey.

They tried to have all different tempos throughout.

That supposed GI info makes the game sound pretty good. I would think if they have a good selection of songs, that I'd like this one the best. GH3 was good, but I wasn't real enamored with the tracklist. GH2 just seemed to have a better variation.

If it's going for behind the music kinda feel and boss battles I expect the bosses to be...

-Cocaine (in the form of the note chart board going through a constant amp overload)
-Ahelluvalot of booze
-Drunken Steve Tyler constantly wandering in your way and trying to pick a fight with you or other things while drunk and/or stoned
-Their manager from late 80's that screwed them over with rumors for publicity (like all evil managers)
-An asteroid

[quote name='bardockkun']If it's going for behind the music kinda feel and boss battles I expect the bosses to be...

-Cocaine (in the form of the note chart board going through a constant amp overload)
-Ahelluvalot of booze
-Drunken Steve Tyler constantly wandering in your way and trying to pick a fight with you or other things while drunk and/or stoned
-Their manager from late 80's that screwed them over with rumors for publicity (like all evil managers)
-An asteroid[/QUOTE]

You forgot diseased groupies;)

[quote name='glockant']$60 and no 'Walk This Way'? FTL.

i'd pay up just for that..[/QUOTE]

All the songs haven't been announced yet.

EB Games (in Canada at least) have two SKU's listed for this now: the game itself and part of a bundle... has anyone heard anything about a new kind of guitar, or you think they'll just bundle it up with a Les Paul like GHIII?

[quote name='glockant']$60 and no 'Walk This Way'? FTL.

i'd pay up just for that..[/quote]

I think since on the official website it says Guitar Hero Aerosmith Walk This Way June 2008. It's pretty safe to say it will be on there.

[quote name='porieux']You forgot diseased groupies;)[/quote]
Thank you, I knew I was forgetting something. In which case I hope the whammy bar acts as your hand in between scratching to get at crabs or what not...

[quote name='ikariwarriors']EB Games (in Canada at least) have two SKU's listed for this now: the game itself and part of a bundle... has anyone heard anything about a new kind of guitar, or you think they'll just bundle it up with a Les Paul like GHIII?[/quote]
More then likely speculation on EB's part and I figure it'll be like 80's Edition in that it comes with game alone...

All the Young Dudes, are you fucking kidding me?

There is a God and he listens to my prayers.

fuck yes dude...fuck yes! God I'm so pumped right now. It better be the master track. First day buy for me now.

Looks like there will be a bundle with guitar after all:
b200476ab.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=70918 - $99.99

Is it going to have detachable neck once more? If it does then FAIL because goddamn thats what caused all the problems for my 3 GH3 guitars and frets not responding.

[quote name='bardockkun']Is it going to have detachable neck once more? If it does then FAIL because goddamn thats what caused all the problems for my 3 GH3 guitars and frets not responding.[/quote]

Most likely...it seems that its the exact guitar from GHIII just with a Aerosmith faceplate.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Most likely...it seems that its the exact guitar from GHIII just with a Aerosmith faceplate.[/quote]
Ugh, then I can only pray they fixed it or people who did care to buy it will say good things about it. That and the faceplate not rubbing off after repeated use, though I'm kinda skeptic on that one most of all for some reason.

Yeah my GH3 LP guitar is pretty much unusable due to note dropouts because of that crappy detachable neck.

Now, if the MSRP were $50 and GS was offering that faceplate free with preorders, then I would probably bite.

I want that faceplate...

[quote name='ikariwarriors']what is this, a guitar for ants? how can people play if they can't even pick up the guitar??

the guitar has to be at least... three times bigger than this![/quote]
Perhaps it can be a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good and Other Things?

[quote name='Callandor']Now, if the MSRP were $50 and GS was offering that faceplate free with preorders, then I would probably bite.

I want that faceplate...[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the ticket to me.

[quote name='lordwow']I'll pick this up if I can get a bundle for free with YF360G. There's no way I'm paying full price for this.[/QUOTE]

Great idea. I want that faceplate, YF360G sounds like the way to go. Don't need the guitar though. :(

[quote name='lordwow']I'll pick this up if I can get a bundle for free with YF360G. There's no way I'm paying full price for this.[/QUOTE]

That idea is full of awesomeness. :bouncy: I wouldn't mind getting a second Les Paul, either; then I'd just sell my two X-plorers.

Although the thread in the Referral section seems to indicate that Trainn is getting worse lately...

Main, I love these fake guitar games. I’ve loved a lot of games in the last couple years. The only games that I really look forward to are the fake band ones. I’m getting this and the DS one.

[quote name='Richlough']I blown away that the setlist for this game has yet to be revealed .[/quote]
Then again Guitar Hero: On Tour I think has stolen it's thunder. Since what's the point in getting this when On Tour is coming later this year I believe is the general consensus.

I might pick this up (for cheap of course) just because I read on theprp.com that At The Drive-In's One Armed Scissor is going to be in it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Then again Guitar Hero: On Tour I think has stolen it's thunder. Since what's the point in getting this when On Tour is coming later this year I believe is the general consensus.[/quote]

If this game bombs, it will be, in part, due to the poor marketing strategy. I would have tried to keep On Tour under wraps until Aerosmith was out there.

Something tells me they advertised GH: World Tour or GH4 or whatever the name is early just to try and stop any more momentum Rock Band is building. Since I don't think everyone wants a room full of plastic instruments. So tough sell for GH: Aerosmith, though I still think it'll be a hit, just it'll make no where near the amount of cash 80's Edition expansion wise.

I would like this game more if it was Genre specific (say "guitar hero: Punk" or "guitar hero: Classic Rock") but lets be honest. Aerosmith was the biggest "pop rock "of the 70s-80s.. id pay 60 if i was anywhere intersted in the band it was featuring..

here are 5 "older" bands that I would get guitar hero for

Rush
Yes
Kansas
Bad Religion
NOFX

[quote name='urzishra14']I would like this game more if it was Genre specific (say "guitar hero: Punk" or "guitar hero: Classic Rock") but lets be honest. Aerosmith was the biggest "pop rock "of the 70s-80s.. id pay 60 if i was anywhere intersted in the band it was featuring..

Rush
Yes
Kansas
Bad Religion
NOFX[/QUOTE]

I'd kill for a Guitar Hero AC/DC ! [seriously]

[quote name='urzishra14']I would like this game more if it was Genre specific (say "guitar hero: Punk" or "guitar hero: Classic Rock") but lets be honest. Aerosmith was the biggest "pop rock "of the 70s-80s.. id pay 60 if i was anywhere intersted in the band it was featuring..

Rush
Yes
Kansas
Bad Religion
NOFX[/QUOTE]

I'd Get Rush for sure... my 2 cents on other bands that would work in this format that I would buy:

Rolling Stones
KISS
AC/DC (edit: Beat to the punch... :) )
Metallica

There are other I like (Red Hot Chili Peppers) but I don't know if they could support a full game.

There are very few bands this format would work for unless they put out concept albums. Do The Who's Tommy and toss in a few tiers of hits as an encore. Same for Queensryche and Operation Mindcrime. Toss in their other big hits to the full album and it could work.

[quote name='Richlough']I'd kill for a Guitar Hero AC/DC ! [seriously][/QUOTE]

Well, that means there would be at least two dead people on Activisions hands cuz I second that statement! Seriously.

bread's done
Back