Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Gen. Discussion & Info

I didn't want to bump an old thread, so I figured I'd just toss this in here.

I just got the GH3 bundle I ordered from Amazon and was a little perturbed that the strum bar didn't make a noise when I hit it down as I was messing aroudn with it after opening. Up makes the normal click noise, no problem. So, I was worried... and then I used it to play a bit. Works perfectly (and silently :applause: ).

So... I guess my question is, does this sound like a guitar that's going to break in a month, or did I just happen to get the best guitar ever?

Thanks!

Impressions at Kotaku.

Partial Set List:
Nipmuc High School
Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes *Cover
Cheap Trick – Dream Police
Aerosmith – Make It
Aerosmith – Uncle Salty
Aerosmith – Draw the Line

Max's Kansas City
Joan Jett – I hate myself for loving you
The Kinks – All day and all of the night *Cover
Aerosmith – Movin' Out
Aerosmith – No Surprize
Aerosmith – Sweet Emotion

The Orpheum Theater
The Clash – Complete Control
New York Dolls – Personality Crisis *Cover
Aerosmith – Livin' on the Edge
Aersomith – Ragdoll
Aerosmith – Love in an Elevator

Half Time Show
Lenny Kravitz – Always on the Run
Black Crowes – Hard to Handle *Cover
Aerosmith – Back in the Saddle
Aerosmith – Beyond Beautiful
Aerosmith – Dream On

Moscow
The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary
Run DMC – King of Rock
Aerosmith – Bright Light Fright
Aerosmith – Nobody's Fault
Run DMC featuring Aerosmith – Walk This Way

Any details on the guitar that comes with this? The picture on amazon is different from the GHIII one. I may use a YF360 credit to get the guitar then play through the song list once and sell it.

Also a GH Metallica is supposedly slated to hit this year. Maybe GH4 is not the end of guitar only games after all.

Well that Cult song is an unexpected surprise. Good song.

Still hard for me to get too excited when there are no drums or vox though :(

Activision faces the same issue Capcom will experience with Street Fighter. I expect Guitar Hero: Aerosmith to underperform, though I wouldn't be surprised if people refused the new expense of Guitar Hero 4. Hell, they'll probably both underperform. :cool:

[quote name='SynGamer']I still can't believe DLC from GH3 won't work on this...major, MAJOR fuck up if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

We'll if this game is supposed to be forward compatible with GHIV, as rumored, then I can see why the DLC won't work.

This may sound crazy, but I would have loved to seen the Kid Rock, Run DMC & Aerosmith Mtv performance/medley in the game.

Id rather have Rock Box than King of rock, but I cant complain, RUN DMC is my favorite old school rap group.

they only have DMC though? was Rev Run too busy filming his reality show?

i saw this available on the ThankYou reward network. So if you guys have a credit card or travel that uses thankyou points, you should be able to use your points for the game. I think I used 5400 pts.

Achievements have been revealed (except for 16 secret ones):

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/guitarheroaerosmith/

Nothing that amazing there except for the description of two achievements:

28. Deuces Are Wild
Complete all songs on the setlist as the lead guitarist (Local or Xbox LIVE - primary user)

33. Love Me Two Times
Complete all songs on the setlist as the Bass/Rhythm guitarist (Local or Xbox LIVE - primary user)

Do these mean that Co-Op Career will be available over XBL?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Max's Kansas City as a venue? Seriously, that's awesome.[/QUOTE]

That's my favorite thing about the game so far. Which ain't saying much.

my favorite thing is the song "personality crisis".. but i don't know if its worth it for me just for this song.. considering the last one i bought just for one song sucked (rocks the 80s.. for the Police Truck really.. and a few others but really jsut for that)

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I'm glad this game isn't going to have insane achievements like GHIII. These achievements seem reasonable.[/QUOTE]

The do look more do-able, which is a good thing for us non-fake guitar phenoms.

The difficulty achievements are stackable, meaning that if you beat Expert, you get them all. No longer do you have to torture yourself playing easy.

BTW: I think I can do 1000 in one day

Final Tier and Bonus Songs revealed

Tier 6 - “Rock N Roll Legends” (Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame)
  • “Cat Scratch Fever” - Ted Nugent
  • “Sex Type Thing” - Stone Temple Pilots
  • Guitar Battle Vs Joe Perry
  • “Mama Kin” - Aerosmith
  • “Toys In The Attic” - Aerosmith
  • “Train Kept A Rollin” - Aerosmith
Misc Songs (”The Vault”)
  • “Walk This Way” - Aerosmith
  • “Rats In The Cellar” - Aerosmith
  • “Kings and Queens” - Aerosmith
  • “Combination” - Aerosmith
  • “Let The Music Do The Talking” - Aerosmith
  • “Shakin My Cage” - Joe Perry
  • “Pink” - Aerosmith
  • “Talk Talkin” - Joe Perry
  • “Mercy” - Joe Perry
  • “Pandora’s Box” - Aerosmith
  • “Joe Perry Guitar Battle” - Joe Perry

How in the hell is Sex Type Thing (Great Song, imo) a final tier song? Its not that difficult.

Man the more I look at this setlist and the bonus songs, the more underwhelmed I become. At this point, thank goodness I'm getting the bundle for free because I'm pretty sure I cannot justify paying full price for this. Now if they have online co-op career like the achievements imply that is a huge step in the right direction but I'd much rather then find a way to get that into GHIII.

[quote name='Wolve11']The game is Guitar Hero III with Aerosmith added in....everything is exactly the same except for the Aerosmith touch.[/quote]

I've always wanted to know where the little video clip in your sig is from. I know that it's steve carell, but is it from the Office or what?

[quote name='nate88']I've always wanted to know where the little video clip in your sig is from. I know that it's steve carell, but is it from the Office or what?[/quote]
Its from Anchorman I'm pretty sure.

I was driving by my local GameStop yesterday and noticed a sign in the window... a sign that said 'Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Midnight Launch! Line starts (date) at 10pm!'.

Now, seriously, just... why? Of all games to open at midnight for, it's this? Seriously, GameStop?

The Guitar Hero franchise is big enough that this will sell copies even though this is the exact same game as Guitar Hero III with fancier graphics and an Aerosmith flavor added. I say if they have enough pre-orders why not?

It mainly got me because they didn't even do one for Brawl. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'm getting the sense that even people who *are* fans of GH/RB aren't even excited about this one.

Seemed like an odd pick for an 'event' opening.

[quote name='Wolve11']The game is Guitar Hero III with Aerosmith added in....everything is exactly the same except for the Aerosmith touch.[/QUOTE]

...and in other news about the obvious... gas is expensive.

[quote name='Corvin']...and in other news about the obvious... gas is expensive.[/quote]

compared to Europe, gas is cheap. For American standards, it is expensive, but tell a European about our gas prices and he'll wish he could purchase it for the same price.

I played a demo of this yesterday at my local Toys R Us and was pretty impressed since I was not very excited for the game.

The demo featured Walk this Way which was awesome.
Joan Jett – I hate myself for loving you which was very good.
Lenny Kravitz – Always on the Run which was decent.
It also had Dream On and Sweet Emotion and I did not try them.

Overall I came away impressed and now that I know the King of Rock is in the game I will pick this up when its on sale or if I can manage a deal. Hopefully they will release this demo on XBL or by OXM.

if you already own the other Guitar Hero games and just want to play this for the achievements and the change of songs, rent it and you could beat it on one difficulty setting in one or two sittings.

Full set list:

Tier 1: "Getting the Band Together" (Nipmuc High School)
  • "All the Young Dudes" by Mott the Hoople (cover)
  • "Draw the Line" by Aerosmith
  • "Dream Police" by Cheap Trick
  • "Make It" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "Uncle Salty" by Aerosmith
Tier 2: "First Taste of Success" (Max's Kansas City)
  • "All Day and All of the Night" by The Kinks (cover)
  • "I Hate Myself for Loving You" by Joan Jett
  • "Movin' Out" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "No Surprize" by Aerosmith
  • "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith
Tier 3: "The Triumphant Return" (The Orpheum)
  • "Complete Control" by The Clash
  • "Livin' on the Edge" by Aerosmith
  • "Love in an Elevator" by Aerosmith
  • "Personality Crisis" by New York Dolls (cover)
  • "Rag Doll" by Aerosmith
Tier 4: "International Superstars" (Moscow)
  • "Bright Light Fright" by Aerosmith
  • "King of Rock" by Run-D.M.C.
  • "Nobody's Fault" by Aerosmith
  • "She Sells Sanctuary" by The Cult
  • "Walk This Way" by Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith
Tier 5: "The Great American Band" (Half Time Show)
  • "Always on the Run" by Lenny Kravitz
  • "Back in the Saddle" by Aerosmith
  • "Beyond Beautiful" by Aerosmith
  • "Dream On" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "Hard to Handle" by The Black Crowes (cover)
Tier 6: "Rock N Roll Legends" (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame)
  • "Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent
  • "Mama Kin" by Aerosmith (re-recorded)
  • "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots
  • "Toys In The Attic" by Aerosmith
  • "Train Kept A Rollin" by Aerosmith
  • "Guitar Battle vs Joe Perry" by Joe Perry
Bonus Songs (The Vault)
  • "Combination" by Aerosmith
  • "Kings and Queens" by Aerosmith
  • "Let The Music Do The Talking" by Aerosmith
  • "Mercy" by Joe Perry
  • "Pandora's Box" by Aerosmith
  • "Pink" by Aerosmith
  • "Rats In The Cellar" by Aerosmith
  • "Shakin' My Cage" by Joe Perry
  • "Talk Talkin" by Joe Perry
  • "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/23/complete-guitar-hero-aerosmith-track-list-revealed/

Easy ass achievements up in this one!

I guess they amped up the difficulty to make up for the lack of songs though, which is alright.

[quote name='Razzuel']Ugh, Cat Scratch Fever should be in Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

Why? The Nuge is all about guitar. Guitar Hero is a perfect fit, IMO. He mentioned that he was mo-capped for GHIV recently in a radio interview a few weeks back. The song? Stranglehold, baby.
rockin0.gif

[quote name='Wolve11']if you already own the other Guitar Hero games and just want to play this for the achievements and the change of songs, rent it and you could beat it on one difficulty setting in one or two sittings.[/QUOTE]

That's probably what I'll do in the end. GH:WT is coming out too soon after this to make me really want to spend too much time w/ it.

My skill level: I lose alot online in pro face off expert. Ive 5 starred all songs on HARD. Ive 5 starred almost all songs on expert (main setlist) except like 5. I have no FC's except in medium and easy.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith is too fucking easy. I am glad i rented it because the first song i played i got like 5 achievments. This game is way too easy. Ive beaten it and every song on expert with 5 stars except like 4. My suggestion to anyone even near my skill level is to rent it. Maybe its the fact that i'm not even really a big aerosmith fan except those alicia silverstone videos.

But all the songs are SLOOOW and BORRRING and NOOT FUUN and EAAAASY.

Might like this better if your a newbie GH player and like aerosmith. Otherwise i say wait for GHWT and GHMetallica

I'm not that good at GH and I've five starred every song except one so far on hard. I still haven't beaten GH III on hard yet.

DAMNIT! This is sad news. When I saw the setlist, I was already dissappointed, but was hoping the songs would be at least fun/challenging to play. Ah well, I've got a free copy coming, so I'll prolly just sell that one and rent it to at least play it. sigh...

I'll probably enjoy it since I can't do hard on GH3 (just not willing to put the time into it) and I've always liked Aerosmith. The fact that people aren't willing to buy it will only help it get to me through goozex quicker :D

bread's done
Back