Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Gen. Discussion & Info

this was always a rental to me, Im done buying GH games until Metallica, which will probably be my last.

besides, you know they wont release GH:Metallica without giving the drums double bass pedals.

A guy I know from the UK finished 1000/1000 in less than 24 hours (it released on Friday in the UK). He is a pretty good player and said it was not hard. It took him 7 playthroughs :drool: of the campaign to get enough money to buy everything and get all achievements. From what he told me the only notable improvements are: achievements stack for lower difficulty levels and online co-op career. Those are decent improvements but not enough to base a game around unless the music is kick ass.

It will still be fun to play the Run DMC songs, but if I wasn't getting this for free from Free360games, there is no way I would be picking this up for full price at launch.

Oh well, even if it is easy, it might be the first GH game I get 1000 gs, so that isn't bad IMHO! ;)

[quote name='sleepy180'] My suggestion to anyone even near my skill level is to rent it. Maybe its the fact that i'm not even really a big aerosmith fan except those alicia silverstone videos.

But all the songs are SLOOOW and BORRRING and NOOT FUUN and EAAAASY.

Might like this better if your a newbie GH player and like aerosmith. Otherwise i say wait for GHWT and GHMetallica[/quote]

thanks for the input sleepy, definitely gonna rent it then.
I was thinking about picking it up just because i am addicted to hitting buttons to music. :drool:

I bought it yesterday and got through 17 of 31 songs on hard. I love the fake guitar games, but have limited experience on hard. I can 5 star any song on medium in my sleep, but could never make the jump to hard. I would usually give up after 6 or 7 songs because I'd get stuck on one. I'm on a song now that does a lot of quick scales from orange to green and back and I can not do those. My brain doesn't think fast enough or something. I'm going to try to practice the parts at a slower speed.

I felt that I really needed to make the move to hard. I wasn't enjoying the fake guitar games anymore because there was zero challenge on medium, but too much on hard. I had fun with the game yesterday and will plug away tonight.

The only song I failed yesterday, besides song 18, was Sweet Emotion. I failed that dumb song like 7 times. I practiced the difficult parts a few times and finally got it. I also saved the star power for the hard part to get me through. I've only 5 starred a handful of songs. I really don't know how people play this game on expert. I'm 34 years old. Anyone my age able to play the game on expert? I'd like to think it is my age. :)

Wow, def. a rental. Rented it today, already flew through the set list (a little under 4 hours). I have most of the achievements (nearly all of the non-online and non-coop ones.) 5 starred, on expert, nearly the entire set sight reading. A couple songs screwed me up and I got a 4 star, and I only 3 starred the final song.

A couple songs are at least fun to play (the ones near the end that is, the openers are boring as hell). 3 bucks rental = good times. 60-80 dollar purchase? That's harder to swallow. Now to hawk my free bundle that also came in the mail today...

Quick question about rentals. I went to go rent it at Blockbuster but they didn't have it out for rent. Same with Hollywood.

Are you guys renting it somewhere else or am I missing something.

[quote name='Poopfacedoo']Quick question about rentals. I went to go rent it at Blockbuster but they didn't have it out for rent. Same with Hollywood.

Are you guys renting it somewhere else or am I missing something.[/QUOTE]

Got mine at Family Video, if that helps.

[quote name='Hoffer']I bought it yesterday and got through 17 of 31 songs on hard. I love the fake guitar games, but have limited experience on hard. I can 5 star any song on medium in my sleep, but could never make the jump to hard. I would usually give up after 6 or 7 songs because I'd get stuck on one. I'm on a song now that does a lot of quick scales from orange to green and back and I can not do those. My brain doesn't think fast enough or something. I'm going to try to practice the parts at a slower speed.

I felt that I really needed to make the move to hard. I wasn't enjoying the fake guitar games anymore because there was zero challenge on medium, but too much on hard. I had fun with the game yesterday and will plug away tonight.

The only song I failed yesterday, besides song 18, was Sweet Emotion. I failed that dumb song like 7 times. I practiced the difficult parts a few times and finally got it. I also saved the star power for the hard part to get me through. I've only 5 starred a handful of songs. I really don't know how people play this game on expert. I'm 34 years old. Anyone my age able to play the game on expert? I'd like to think it is my age. :)[/quote]

Yea I was hoping this game was like that sine I couldn't make the switch to hard either in GH3. I've starred the first couple of songs but I'm also not good when the orange fret is added. It's ok but they add chords and it goes faster too. I forgot where I heard it but they said this or WT will have a better ease from medium to hard. I'll prob pick this up when I get my next paycheck. I'm 24 btw and love Aerosmith.

I guess I must be too used to the Rock Meter in RB.....why does the meter in this game fall so fast when you miss notes but take so long to fill back up? And star power hardly does anything for your meter it seems. I haven't played GH3 much in a long time, is it the same? Or is something they changed in order to ratchet up the difficulty without being accused of 'overcharting' again.

I like the way the RB meter works far more. I am having fun with this game though.

[quote name='porieux']I guess I must be too used to the Rock Meter in RB.....why does the meter in this game fall so fast when you miss notes but take so long to fill back up? And star power hardly does anything for your meter it seems. I haven't played GH3 much in a long time, is it the same? Or is something they changed in order to ratchet up the difficulty without being accused of 'overcharting' again.

I like the way the RB meter works far more. I am having fun with this game though.[/quote]

You know I noticed that it does fall a lot faster

[quote name='porieux']By the way has anyone tried using the Rock Band guitar in this game? I heard it works.[/QUOTE]

They don't.

Actually I just tried the wireless Rock Band Strat in GHA and it worked perfectly. Did it not work for you?

I actually did a lot better than with the LP...the buttons on the Strat are much more fluid for me.

Anyway, I imagine if the wireless Strat works the wired one probably does too.

[quote name='porieux']Actually I just tried the wireless Rock Band Strat in GHA and it worked perfectly. Did it not work for you?

I actually did a lot better than with the LP...the buttons on the Strat are much more fluid for me.

Anyway, I imagine if the wireless Strat works the wired one probably does too.[/QUOTE]

yeah.i've been using my rock band guitar for this game all day. my les paul is a real piece, who's idea was it to make a detachable neck? brilliant.

Did I screw myself out of No more, no more (play all encores) by turning down one? I did it by accident :|

Bleh, I'm not gonna play through the whole career again for 10 points.

[quote name='seanr1221']Did I screw myself out of No more, no more (play all encores) by turning down one? I did it by accident :|

Bleh, I'm not gonna play through the whole career again for 10 points.[/QUOTE]
Nah, you have to play all the encores anyway to complete career, turning down one doesn't disqualify you from the achievement.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']Nah, you have to play all the encores anyway to complete career, turning down one doesn't disqualify you from the achievement.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks, so it's basically just a "beat the game cheez"

:rofl: lame.

[quote name='porieux']The image in that 'article' is so clearly fake it isn't even funny.

They actually took that seriously? ROTFL! They got pwned by someone.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I didn't pay much attention to the pic, I just read the blurb about it. That is a terrible photoshop.

So both the wired and wireless Strat work in the game? That's pretty cool.

My GH: Aerosmith bundle arrived last night and I have been pleasantly surprised so far. While they have definitely toned down the difficulty, I have to say I like the decision (then again I never could quite get by Hard in GHIII - only 2 songs left though). ;) While the setlist is somewhat limited, I have already had a couple of "wow forgot they played that song" and "I haven't heard this one in a while" moments and I'm about half way through the setlist. Not bad so far. I think I'm just a glutton for these types of games. Give me a plastic guitar and some new songs and I'm good to go! :bouncy:

Also, this is probably a good time to mention to all the CAGs that are playing this that we have a CAG Guitar Hero Group on the Guitar Hero community site. You can join up by creating an account there and joining our group here:

http://community.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207319

You can link up your GamerTag and account via the xbox live menu in-game. Get the code there and enter it onto the website. Also if you haven't linked your GHIII game up you can do that as well.

We used to be in the top 25 overall, but have dropped a bit due to loss of interest in the game, but with GH:A out it is probably a good time to get back into the game!

Drop me a PM or post here if you have any questions!

One thing I really like about this game is there are no songs I hate. I didn't realize how much of a difference that makes. I'm not the biggest Aerosmith fan in the world, in fact I have hardly listened to them at all since their 70s stuff when I was a kid, but at least nothing flat out sucks. Can't say that about GH3 or even RB.

Even the Aerosmith songs I thought I didn't like (Elevator and Rag Doll) are better than I remembered.

Does anyone else notice wackiness with the Rock Meter?

Someone PLEASE tell me that beating it right away on Expert gets you achievements for all the lower difficulties. I am NOT playing this shit 4 times through.

The game is way too short I beat it in a couple hours and then got the rest of the achievements in a couple more. I only really got it because I'm a huge Guitar Hero fan but for anyone else I recommend a rent.

I just can't believe there's only 40 songs and they got away with charging full price for it.

e: also, fire the guy that decided to make DLC from GH3 incompatible

So, essentially, it turned out to be what I always assumed it'd be: the next-gen Rocks the 80s.

The difficulty *is* noticeably lower... a sign of things to come for GH4:WT, perhaps?

The more I play it the more I dislike the inclusion of non-Aerosmith tunes. It pulls me out of the game every time. Especially since your band changes back and forth from generic GH characters to Aerosmith. They should have had Aerosmith cover the other tunes in the game. Could have been more interesting.

I would agree but the Cult song is one of my favorites in the game.

Where is 'Same Old Song and Dance'??

[quote name='007']So, essentially, it turned out to be what I always assumed it'd be: the next-gen Rocks the 80s.

The difficulty *is* noticeably lower... a sign of things to come for GH4:WT, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

The difficulty is lower if you don't have to struggle --- the actual charts are easier.

IMO if you have to struggle a bit it can be harder due to the way the Rock Meter works now,
but unfortunately thats a frustrating kind of harder...i'd rather have harder note charts than that.

How long would it take to go through the main setlist on this? Also, how are the achievements? IE, how many points would I get for just blowing through the career on hard? I was thinking about Gamefly'ing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lolwut?']Someone PLEASE tell me that beating it right away on Expert gets you achievements for all the lower difficulties. I am NOT playing this shit 4 times through.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='porieux']Yeah the achievements stack.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? I beat it on medium and did not get the achievement for beating it on easy.

[quote name='porieux']I would agree but the Cult song is one of my favorites in the game.

Where is 'Same Old Song and Dance'??[/quote]

In Guitar Hero 3

bread's done
Back