Halo 2 Tournament: Brackets Up/ Round One Ready

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='zewone']I vote for single elimination and a set map for each round and no swords/rockets. But thats just me. I would love to hear some of your opinions.[/quote]

Sorry, but I'm gonna make the double elimination permanent. It's a lot better so that the tournament won't be so quick. Also, I'm not so sure about banning rockets/swords. I mean, both aren't impossible to withstand, although very hard, they're still part of the game. I'll allow the current poll to go on till tommorow and then we'll choose the set maps if we need to.[/quote]

Alright than prepare to get raped with swords/rockets when you play me. I was trying to ban them for your sake. :D And double elimination will make it last awhile, but its not like the list of people is small. It will take some time just to get some people to play one match. Have you ever been in a CAG Xbox Live leagur/tournament? They don't work well with a lot of people or if it takes awhile to finish the whole thing.

If you need more numbers you can add me....

If not, no big deal, I'll likely get killed off in the first round anyhow. I'll be leaving town on the 20th though, so unless it happens before that I wouldn't add me.

gtag: jmax71382

It's cool that you pushed it back past Christmas because of vacations. That works great for me. But is there any idea on an actual date? With school and work I just need to make sure there's no conflict so that you can remove me if there is.

Don't pick Midship as a map unless you ban Swords. Whoever grabs the sword first will more than likely win. Their is only 2 good weapons on midship (sword/shotgun) and if one person grabs both say goodbye to the other guy. Even with swords banned only the shotty would be any good and plasma weapons can't hang with it. Midship sucks.

Hey, I have the brackets, but I need someone to host and post them for me. Could someone send me a PM if anyone's willing to do this so that I can email them to you.

[quote name='zewone']Don't pick Midship as a map unless you ban Swords. Whoever grabs the sword first will more than likely win. Their is only 2 good weapons on midship (sword/shotgun) and if one person grabs both say goodbye to the other guy. Even with swords banned only the shotty would be any good and plasma weapons can't hang with it. Midship sucks.[/quote]

WHAT?! The battle rifle and especially the Covenant carbine are great guns. If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to own you tonight with the carbine. Gamertag = Mist03.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='zewone']Don't pick Midship as a map unless you ban Swords. Whoever grabs the sword first will more than likely win. Their is only 2 good weapons on midship (sword/shotgun) and if one person grabs both say goodbye to the other guy. Even with swords banned only the shotty would be any good and plasma weapons can't hang with it. Midship sucks.[/quote]

WHAT?! The battle rifle and especially the Covenant carbine are great guns. If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to own you tonight with the carbine. Gamertag = Mist03.[/quote]

Have fun thinking that. This is especially true for one on one matches where you don't have to worry about anyone else. Believe me. Look for me. Gamertag: zewone. We will do a one on one Midship match and show me how you'll own me with a carbine or a BR. :D

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='zewone']Don't pick Midship as a map unless you ban Swords. Whoever grabs the sword first will more than likely win. Their is only 2 good weapons on midship (sword/shotgun) and if one person grabs both say goodbye to the other guy. Even with swords banned only the shotty would be any good and plasma weapons can't hang with it. Midship sucks.[/quote]

WHAT?! The battle rifle and especially the Covenant carbine are great guns. If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to own you tonight with the carbine. Gamertag = Mist03.[/quote]

Have fun thinking that. This is especially true for one on one matches where you don't have to worry about anyone else. Believe me. Look for me. Gamertag: zewone. We will do a one on one Midship match and show me how you'll own me with a carbine or a BR. :D[/quote]

Yeah, that's why I beat you 25 to 7 last night? :lol:

Here are the brackets:

halo_2_bracket.JPG

Remember, it's single elimination, so do your best. The maps to choose from are Midship, Lockout, and Ascension. Whether there are rocket launchers/swords if you and your opponet's choice--y'all decide. You can go ahead and start facing your opponets, but if you gotta go off to Christmas vacation, that's cool. Once the match is over, decide which ONE person will post the results so I can update the bracket.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='zewone']Don't pick Midship as a map unless you ban Swords. Whoever grabs the sword first will more than likely win. Their is only 2 good weapons on midship (sword/shotgun) and if one person grabs both say goodbye to the other guy. Even with swords banned only the shotty would be any good and plasma weapons can't hang with it. Midship sucks.[/quote]

Have fun thinking that. This is especially true for one on one matches where you don't have to worry about anyone else. Believe me. Look for me. Gamertag: zewone. We will do a one on one Midship match and show me how you'll own me with a carbine or a BR. :D[/quote]

Yeah, that's why I beat you 25 to 7 last night? :lol: [/quote]

Okay...thats why you used the sword way more than the carbine. :roll: :)

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Shouldn't the rules be the same for all matches? you know, to keep it fair?[/quote]

Yeah, OK, then swords/RL's are legal! Get it on!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Shouldn't the rules be the same for all matches? you know, to keep it fair?[/quote]

/is thinking the same thing

I think the only part that should be up to the players is the map. And, reflecting that, a set weapon loadout for each map. For instance, I think the sword would be ok on Ascension, but not ok on Midship. That way, there isn't one weapon set for the entire tournament, but weapon sets that properly reflect the map.

/my 2 cents

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='Ugamer_X']Shouldn't the rules be the same for all matches? you know, to keep it fair?[/quote]

Yeah, OK, then swords/RL's are legal! Get it on![/quote]

Than shouldn't everybody play on the same map. I like the idea of a set map for each round.

I might as well as throw in the towel now, if I beat spyhunterk, I most likely end up fighting Arikado. :shock:

And from what I've seen, no further progress from me. :(

I would do a weapon set for each map if I needed to, but I don't feel like any weapon should be excluded from use. It's very possible to take someone down when they have the sword on Midship and Lockout and Ascension is pretty balanced as well.

[quote name='XboxMaster']I would do a weapon set for each map if I needed to, but I don't feel like any weapon should be excluded from use. It's very possible to take someone down when they have the sword on Midship and Lockout and Ascension is pretty balanced as well.[/quote]

Yes, it's possible. But when it's one-on-one, it puts the focus entirely on one person. More often than not, it isn't the person being attacked with a RL or sword that actually takes the user down; it's someone else watching the sword/rocket user while he focuses on someone else. Watch any slayer game with these weapons enabled and you'll see what I mean. The person being attacked wins the fight a very small percentage of the time. To me, these weapons are pretty silly for one-on-one. But hey, it's your tourney. Do what you will I suppose.

[quote name='murcielago77']why the hell does arikado have to be in my division, crap, anyways I like the idea of a set map per round[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']I might as well as throw in the towel now, if I beat spyhunterk, I most likely end up fighting Arikado. :shock:

And from what I've seen, no further progress from me. :([/quote]

Just let me know when you're going to fight him. I'll try to get him drunk the night before. :lol: :wink:

I don't care if rockets or swords are taken out, I just want to be on the same playing-field as everyone else...i.e. tournament rules.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'm in....(if it's not too late, or someone drops out that is)[/quote]

Somebody would have to drop I'm afraid. XBM has it locked at 32 people. If this tourney is a success though, I'm sure another one will be made.

[quote name='XboxMaster']Fine! Fine! No sword for Midship or Lockout. Anything goes for Ascension. Now play your shaq-fuing opponnet.[/quote]

You need to get everyone's gamertag and put that in the first post as well. Most everyone's tag is different from their username.

LedheD 01

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='XboxMaster']Fine! Fine! No sword for Midship or Lockout. Anything goes for Ascension. Now play your shaq-fuing opponnet.[/quote]

You need to get everyone's gamertag and put that in the first post as well. Most everyone's tag is different from their username.

LedheD 01[/quote]

Or, you can PM your opponnet and find out.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='XboxMaster']Fine! Fine! No sword for Midship or Lockout. Anything goes for Ascension. Now play your shaq-fuing opponnet.[/quote]

LedheD 01[/quote]

Or, you can PM your opponnet and find out.[/quote]

As I have. I'm just trying to think of ways to make sure this runs smoothly. :wink:

Hey apparently i was matched up with Rig in the tourney, so i PMed him and his xbox live is at his dorm and he's home for break so what am i suppose to do? XboxMaster you call the shots.

Damnit...way to find this thread out once everything is said an done...ass

I'll be in the next one, I had no idea this existed!

If anyone has to drop out, I'm a decent replacement...

Sorry guys, but I cannot be in the tourney. Sorry for the late post, but I just learned my school will be turning OFF our Internet connection during our break. We can live in our dorms over the month long break, so I figured I would just go to my dorm when I needed to play a match, but obviously I can't now with no connection to XBL! So, unfortunately, count me out... :(

[quote name='Rig']Sorry guys, but I cannot be in the tourney. Sorry for the late post, but I just learned my school will be turning OFF our Internet connection during our break. We can live in our dorms over the month long break, so I figured I would just go to my dorm when I needed to play a match, but obviously I can't now with no connection to XBL! So, unfortunately, count me out... :([/quote]

rywateska posted above you that he wanted to get in maybe the OP can switch him in?

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Rig']Sorry guys, but I cannot be in the tourney. Sorry for the late post, but I just learned my school will be turning OFF our Internet connection during our break. We can live in our dorms over the month long break, so I figured I would just go to my dorm when I needed to play a match, but obviously I can't now with no connection to XBL! So, unfortunately, count me out... :([/quote]

rywateska posted above you that he wanted to get in maybe the OP can switch him in?[/quote]

Sounds like a plan.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Rig']Sorry guys, but I cannot be in the tourney. Sorry for the late post, but I just learned my school will be turning OFF our Internet connection during our break. We can live in our dorms over the month long break, so I figured I would just go to my dorm when I needed to play a match, but obviously I can't now with no connection to XBL! So, unfortunately, count me out... :([/quote]

rywateska posted above you that he wanted to get in maybe the OP can switch him in?[/quote]

Sounds like a plan.[/quote]

I don't know if that's possible as others have asked before him.

OK, I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do right now. I have about 5 ppl wanting to get in, so I need to send out some PM's and different things before I can tell you who can get in.

[quote name='XboxMaster']OK, I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do right now. I have about 5 ppl wanting to get in, so I need to send out some PM's and different things before I can tell you who can get in.[/quote]

Just go in order of who posted intrest first. That seems like the fair way to handle it.

[quote name='zewone']I won my match against radjago. No swords on Lockout.[/quote]I can verify this, as I am still holding my own ass, which was handed back to me kindly by zewone after he shot it. Score was 25-15 if anyone is keeping track.
Stats Link

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='XboxMaster']OK, I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do right now. I have about 5 ppl wanting to get in, so I need to send out some PM's and different things before I can tell you who can get in.[/quote]

Just go in order of who posted intrest first. That seems like the fair way to handle it.[/quote]

Yep def the most fair way

bread's done
Back