Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $39.99 at Newegg.com

KillerTigger

CAG Veteran
Newegg has the Halo Legendary Edition for only $39.99:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103056

This has dropped about $6 since last week. I ordered one last Friday for $45.99 each, two more today at the new price.

At this price, they should go pretty fast.:hot:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Apparently some who have ordered this have reported not receiving the game disk and/or extras DVD in the package. I didn't have this problem in the three I ordered, and most who mention having gotten theirs from NewEgg do not seem to have a problem. However, a few have apparently been shipped without the disks _ which may or may not be replaced by Microsoft , but almost certainly will NOT be replaced by NewEgg _ so please think it over very carefully before ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one. I was very close to ordering a returned one off amazon warehouse deals for $53 the past couple of days, so for $43, and new, it didn't take much deliberation. A friend wants to buy my copy anyways.

[quote name='robsc3ne']In the stats, it says due to the Unusual shape,
and extra ten dollars will be charged.

TRUE? or just Words?[/quote]

Not true. I bought this a few weeks back for the same price/shipping.

you know, not to break the party, but they can go back and charge you the $10 if they want to. the notice is clearly provided -- I'm not saying they will but they can.

[quote name='Grinchy']This is why I have sworn myself off of buying "limited" editions of games. They are never actually limited at all.[/QUOTE]

MGS 3 Subsistence is by far the most limited of games ever released (at least in the US) -- Halo 3 LE is not limited -- I sincerely doubt this holds its value in the long-run. Halo 2's LE certainly hasn't held it's value at all (granted that was a lot cheaper than this beast).

A few things of note for people who are thinking about buying it(I bought it a couple of weeks ago when someone here posted it. It was selling for $45 at the time):

1. No, they do NOT charge $10 for shipping. I paid $2.99 for it. If you guys really want to, I'll be happy to post a screenshot of my receipt.

2. It took a bit longer than normal to ship. I ordered this on a Friday night, and ordered a HDD the next day. I got my HDD I ordered on Saturday on Wednesday and the LE on Friday. So, don't be too alarmed if it takes a bit longer than usual.

[quote name='sippycupz']A year and a half later, I still can't believe that they made an unwearable helmet[/QUOTE]

unwearable unless you are a cat

I was going to buy it but bought 2 cases of carlsberg for 32 bucks instead. Good thing too. Kentucky is about to add sales tax to alcohol sales. I wanted this, but cheap suds are better.

[quote name='eddie291']A few things of note for people who are thinking about buying it(I bought it a couple of weeks ago when someone here posted it. It was selling for $45 at the time):

1. No, they do NOT charge $10 for shipping. I paid $2.99 for it. If you guys really want to, I'll be happy to post a screenshot of my receipt.

2. It took a bit longer than normal to ship. I ordered this on a Friday night, and ordered a HDD the next day. I got my HDD I ordered on Saturday on Wednesday and the LE on Friday. So, don't be too alarmed if it takes a bit longer than usual.[/QUOTE]

Did they do a good job of packaging it? Was the box all beat up like the ones I have seen left at my local Best Buy or do they look fresh out of the case?

[quote name='jello00']If anyone is buying this and already has a copy of halo 3 and want to sell or trade just the game, PM me or CML.[/quote]PM sent

The first one I ordered was mint-fresh and packed really well in the original shipping box. The last two haven't arrived, but will probably still be in the factory-sealed case since the original case pack is two per shipping box.

Bought one! Not a huge Halo fan, although I did enjoy multiplayer on halo 2 for the PC and besides I am a SUCKER for LE games...even if this is not so limited LOL

In for 1. I have a feeling this may be the last time we see a good deal on this item brand new. Eventually retailers will run out of this "limited" item from a year and a half ago.

I had the reg edition on launch night/morning (midnight) sold it cause I didn't play, and I bit on this. $2.99 to MN here! $43 for the "lol limited edition," can't go wrong!

Thanks for finding this deal OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded the reg edition in a few months back and was going to rebuy so this deal seemed well worth it rather then getting it used.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did they do a good job of packaging it? Was the box all beat up like the ones I have seen left at my local Best Buy or do they look fresh out of the case?[/quote]

I ordered one last time they had a deal. Not even close to a good job. It was placed in an over sized box with nothing else. Plenty of time just bouncing around. Corners will be damaged.

This deal showed up on a Black Friday, not from NewEgg though. I think they made too many of these and too little of the limited edition. Probably because of its poor case design and the massive amount of scratched discs.

I purchased this just for the helmet so if anyone wants to pay shipping and a decent offer for the game sealed pm me

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I ordered one last time they had a deal. Not even close to a good job. It was placed in an over sized box with nothing else. Plenty of time just bouncing around. Corners will be damaged.[/quote]
I can attest to the oversized box. However, it came pretty decently packaged when I got it. They put the LE box in one side, and on the other side, a ton of brown paper.

The LE box had a small dent on the side of it, and a few small scratches, but other than those things, it came in a good condition. Not great, but good.

I, too, only purchased this for the helmet. PM me if you want a sealed copy of Halo 3 plus whatever the extras are in the Legendary Edition.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Lol at those who paid MSRP or MSRP + Auction Prices....[/quote]

Uh, it's been like a year since the game came out. There's no way anyone who legitimately wanted one of these would say 'hmmm, I think I'll wait until this super CE drops below $50 before I get one.'

As much as I want to bite I just can't pull the trigger. Already have the game and as cool as the helmet would be the trade value of halo 3 sucks now. If somebody were interested in a decent trade or willing to pay closer to what the game sells for online I could pull the trigger then.

EDIT When I say online I mean used prices not new. heh

[quote name='Jackalope']I only want this if I can wear the helmet.[/QUOTE]

me too, not sure if I want to spend the time to mod it tho....

bread's done
Back