Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $39.99 at Newegg.com

KillerTigger

CAG Veteran
Newegg has the Halo Legendary Edition for only $39.99:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103056

This has dropped about $6 since last week. I ordered one last Friday for $45.99 each, two more today at the new price.

At this price, they should go pretty fast.:hot:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Apparently some who have ordered this have reported not receiving the game disk and/or extras DVD in the package. I didn't have this problem in the three I ordered, and most who mention having gotten theirs from NewEgg do not seem to have a problem. However, a few have apparently been shipped without the disks _ which may or may not be replaced by Microsoft , but almost certainly will NOT be replaced by NewEgg _ so please think it over very carefully before ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son keeps waiting for a MC costume every Halloween. It amazes me that none have popped up yet. Of course, now he is getting too old for Halloween.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I picked one up when it was 2.99 shipping. Wish I could have gotten free but i'm glad Newegg's rates are very reasonable so it's not a big loss.

[quote name='lllGurulll']As much as I want to bite I just can't pull the trigger. Already have the game and as cool as the helmet would be the trade value of halo 3 sucks now. If somebody were interested in a decent trade or willing to pay closer to what the game sells for online I could pull the trigger then.

EDIT When I say online I mean used prices not new. heh[/quote]

I sold my used copy of Halo 3 from my old legendary edition for $35 on ebay a few weeks ago
Still sells pretty high there ;)

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I sold my used copy of Halo 3 from my old legendary edition for $35 on ebay a few weeks ago
Still sells pretty high there ;)[/quote]
I might try it. I don't have a seller rating on ebay though. Just a 100% buyer rating with 34 positive feedbacks. From what I understand, people don't buy from users with less than 100 feedbacks.

I just hate the idea of it selling for less than trade value.

[quote name='lllGurulll']My son keeps waiting for a MC costume every Halloween. It amazes me that none have popped up yet. Of course, now he is getting too old for Halloween.[/quote]

You can find a MC costume at Halloween Express once they start popping up in late September.

I ordered two -- they were MINT; they actually came in the original distribution box that was sent to newegg, it was opened by newegg & then re-sealed. Seriously -- mint as could be, not even a bent corner.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did they do a good job of packaging it? Was the box all beat up like the ones I have seen left at my local Best Buy or do they look fresh out of the case?[/QUOTE]

Crap. I found a buyer really early this morning for my copy and I place the order for this edition of the game. The order was officially submitted and shows in my account. I sure hope they don't cancel my order because of over selling or something. Does Newegg do things like that?

They had better not. I finally got them to accept my debit card yesterday evening (after submitting my order on Tuesday). If I don't get my copy, there will be blood.

At the moment, my staus is "Charged". I'll continue to hold my breath until it says "Shipped".

Mine is still in "submitted" status. I am assuming since it was an early Saturday morning order it will not go through until Monday at the earliest. This would stink if I got an email Monday saying they cannot fulfill the order due to over commitment of product. I fortunately sold my copy to a friend so I am pretty certain he would understand the situation if it boiled down to this. I don't want to end up having to purchase another copy of standard Halo 3 just because of this.

If you were already charged I would imagine you are safe.

Mine shipped, bought this yesterday. Didn't get free shipping, but hey, it's only $3, and didn't sell out on me...also sold my legendary edition for $35 on half.com, so I'm happy.

[quote name='Lonestar9']Mine shipped, bought this yesterday. Didn't get free shipping, but hey, it's only $3, and didn't sell out on me...also sold my legendary edition for $35 on half.com, so I'm happy.[/quote]
You bought it Friday and it already shipped?

Geez, I hope they get mine out on Monday then.

[quote name='lllGurulll']You bought it Friday and it already shipped?

Geez, I hope they get mine out on Monday then.[/QUOTE]

Yeap, I agree that it seems a bit fast, but I got the email with tracking info and it's also showing shipped on the newegg website.

What the heck, I sign up this morning for Auto Notify, leave to go to the store, see an email waiting it's back in stock.

I go to order it, it's already out of stock. What the heck is going on :hot::hot::hot:

Hopefully it's not just forum members buying multiples to hawk on Ebay :(

Okay, word to the wise (assuming this works).

I added it to my wish list (which puts it in a cart) and then I went ahead and ordered it.

I received a confirmation email stating it was a "Pre Order" & will be converted into a "Sale" once the item comes back into stock.

So if you want it bad enough and don't want to sit and wait for the Auto Notify, this should secure your place in line.

Hopefully they noticed accounts that placed multiple orders and released those to others.

[quote name='DeadKevin666']Okay, word to the wise (assuming this works).

I added it to my wish list (which puts it in a cart) and then I went ahead and ordered it.

I received a confirmation email stating it was a "Pre Order" & will be converted into a "Sale" once the item comes back into stock.
[/quote]

I did this last night "pre order" now that some came back in stock I checked the site and it still says my order is a preorder. That seems odd, you would think they would fill the orders first before taking new sales. oh well hopefully they get more in soon.

[quote name='bones56']I did this last night "pre order" now that some came back in stock I checked the site and it still says my order is a preorder. That seems odd, you would think they would fill the orders first before taking new sales. oh well hopefully they get more in soon.[/quote]

Please post as soon as you get a confirmation of the order, so we know how this are taken into account (FYI I'm a former Long Islander from Sayville).

For those of you that did NOT pre-order this: did you immediately get an email or confirmation saying that it has been ordered/shipped ?

Now I'm going to have to debate, do I go in and order another one as soon as it becomes available, hope they honor that one & cancel the pre-order ??? (my luck that would screw the whole thing up)

I think they are getting sooooo many orders, who knows how many credit cards fail, so new ones gets released. It seems maddening.

I ordered mine Saturday morning before the stock ran out. My card was officially charged Saturday night. I hope that means I am a done deal as far as shipping goes. It is still in charged status right now though.

I ordered mine on friday at lunch and it's already shipped out from Cali to Iowa (which is just south of me in MN). You're telling me it's going to take 3 days to go 500-700 miles?!? lol.

I got my confirm email/tracking/invoice right away. Should be here this week! Once again thanks for the find OP.

I can see people have been jumping on this like mad, as I've read all the posts being sold out. I traded in the whle Halo series at Blockbuster and I didn't play H3 after I beat it, but who can pass this deal up?!?

[quote name='DeadKevin666']Please post as soon as you get a confirmation of the order, so we know how this are taken into account (FYI I'm a former Long Islander from Sayville).

For those of you that did NOT pre-order this: did you immediately get an email or confirmation saying that it has been ordered/shipped ?
[/quote]

Cool, I am now in hicksville. Update, i have not recieved any confirmation (however i will wait till monday to see if something comes) As it appears they may have gotten some more and never filled my order that was waiting and paid for ??? Don't make any sense!!

I still have only been billed. I haven't been notified that it has shipped. I guess they are trying to find some more. I ordered mine Saturday Morning.

[quote name='mrnivek']Damn, never thought I would see it that low. I would love a Master Chief helmet for my cat![/quote]

CODE%20GEASS%20-%2006%20-%20Large%2023.jpg

[quote name='jughead']I still have only been billed. I haven't been notified that it has shipped. I guess they are trying to find some more. I ordered mine Saturday Morning.[/QUOTE]

I just contacted Newegg and they said that they need an order to be in by 12 noon PST to get an order shipped out by the end of the day and that they don't ship on weekends. My debit card didn't get accepted until 5.25PM PST Friday, so my order wont go out until today.

I then asked the guy if Newegg over sells items, and he said that they don't do that. He said it was first come, first serve. As long as your order is in before they sell out, you're gonna get one.

I would imagine that the reason that it briefly got put back into stock yesterday was because somebody either canceled their order, or their method of payment was declined and their order was canceled for them. Which would have put a unit or two back on the market.

You should be fine.

[quote name='The End']I just contacted Newegg and they said that they need an order to be in by 12 noon PST to get an order shipped out by the end of the day and that they don't ship on weekends. My debit card didn't get accepted until 5.25PM PST Friday, so my order wont go out until today.

I then asked the guy if Newegg over sells items, and he said that they don't do that. He said it was first come, first serve. As long as your order is in before they sell out, you're gonna get one.

I would imagine that the reason that it briefly got put back into stock yesterday was because somebody either canceled their order, or their method of payment was declined and their order was canceled for them. Which would have put a unit or two back on the market.

You should be fine.[/quote]

i didn't call but i submitted a customer service request as to why my order was not filled as i did the pre/back order for it (friday night). I imagine it was an oversight on their part and there is nothing that can be done about it. At last check my card has not been charged, I will give them a week or so and i will then cancel my purchase.

[quote name='The End']I just contacted Newegg and they said that they need an order to be in by 12 noon PST to get an order shipped out by the end of the day and that they don't ship on weekends. My debit card didn't get accepted until 5.25PM PST Friday, so my order wont go out until today.

You should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'd say they'll probably give me a shipping confirmation sometime after work today.

Just ordered one. Seems to be back in stock and w/ free shipping.

Just want the helmet, probably can sell the sealed copy of Halo 3 for 20 and make some back.

You should be fine.[/quote]Hope you are right. I ordered mine EARLY Saturday morning and it is still sitting here in "charged" status. I really thought it would be shipped today with the fast turnaround of the people that ordered and shipped on Friday.

[quote name='nightmare452']Just ordered one. Seems to be back in stock and w/ free shipping.

Just want the helmet, probably can sell the sealed copy of Halo 3 for 20 and make some back.[/quote]

Weird, not only did I PRE ORDER the other day & also set up for Auto Notify, I didn't get anything today saying it was back in stock ????

This is quite maddening. I did submit a customer service request and gave them the date/time I placed the order.

[quote name='DeadKevin666']Weird, not only did I PRE ORDER the other day & also set up for Auto Notify, I didn't get anything today saying it was back in stock ????

This is quite maddening. I did submit a customer service request and gave them the date/time I placed the order.[/quote]

Yeah, apparently I got lucky, ordered and its already in my state. Either I get it today or tomorrow. and I ordered it yesterday. Quite fast.

bread's done
Back