Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $39.99 at Newegg.com

KillerTigger

CAG Veteran
Newegg has the Halo Legendary Edition for only $39.99:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103056

This has dropped about $6 since last week. I ordered one last Friday for $45.99 each, two more today at the new price.

At this price, they should go pretty fast.:hot:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Apparently some who have ordered this have reported not receiving the game disk and/or extras DVD in the package. I didn't have this problem in the three I ordered, and most who mention having gotten theirs from NewEgg do not seem to have a problem. However, a few have apparently been shipped without the disks _ which may or may not be replaced by Microsoft , but almost certainly will NOT be replaced by NewEgg _ so please think it over very carefully before ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was one of the fools that stood in line and paid 129.00. I believe the legendary failed when the price went from 99 to 129. That just pushed it out of range for all but the nuts like me. To be honest this one and the assasins creed with the like 1 inch doll almost killed my desires for collectables. One thing I know I will never bite on so called limited halo mechandise again.

Well, it's now deactivated. Which means that they're not gonna be getting any back in stock. So I'm totally screwed as far as getting a replacement goes.

I still can't get Newegg to get back to me. It's been over 24 hours since I sent my email; meanwhile, other people who've had the same problem are getting their money back without a problem. This is really starting to piss me off at this point.

I am one of the unlucky few that also didnt have any disc's in the helmet. How the hell does that even happen? I am on the phone with microsoft right now. They are saying they will send me a halo 3 disc. For god sakes. For anyone else that has this problem, call them. They seem to be ok with sending it. It must be a widespread problem or something.

Mine arrived yesterday - It still had all the seals on it. I had to cut through 3 different layers of sealed stickers to actually get to the game and helmet. Sounds like some of the guys didn't get sealed ones or possibly returns that were not inspected?

[quote name='nesz']I am one of the unlucky few that also didnt have any disc's in the helmet. How the hell does that even happen? I am on the phone with microsoft right now. They are saying they will send me a halo 3 disc. For god sakes. For anyone else that has this problem, call them. They seem to be ok with sending it. It must be a widespread problem or something.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this is that you are entitled to get not only the game, but also a bonus disc in a nice little holder. Just sending you the game is not a fair compromise.

DAMNIT! Nevermind MS just told me its a reseller problem. This is true BS!

Bojay, very true. I always have had great respect for newegg. mine didnt even have a receipt in the shipping box...

My first one arrived in mint condition.Just recieved a second one and No freaking game/dvd! It didn't even have the outside box with the Master Chief art work inside.

yikes ... i feel bad for those of you who didn't get the game inside.

i was kinda disappointed i missed this deal BUT given the possibility of dealing with that mess, i'm happier i didn't pull the trigger. i don't mind picking up a regular halo 3 copy years down the line when it's a platinum hit and $10. :)

all that bonus stuff is cool -- but it's not that big a deal to me.

I got mine within 3 days and it still had the sept street date sticker from 2007. no dings or dents the package was perfect. they even refunded my shipping after I emailed them.

[quote name='namdor_07']I got mine within 3 days and it still had the sept street date sticker from 2007. no dings or dents the package was perfect. they even refunded my shipping after I emailed them.[/QUOTE]

If you have a digital camera, would you do me a favor and take a pic of the outer box so I have a sense of what it was supposed to look like if it was fully intact. Because from what I've heard, it sounds like it looked a little bit different from what I recieved.

This has been deactivated so i don't think they will be getting more of these. I am glad i picked one up. It looks like it will be here on monday (2 day air not bad for free shipping). I just hope everything shows up in good shape!!

Mine had everything and box was in perfect condition (street date sticker seal = a little green sticker that says to not sell before 9-25-07 on the first outer edge of the box) and came in 3 days as promised, got lucky I guess but sucks for a lot of you :/

I was suckered to buying it when it came out at $120 thinking that it was going to be "numbered limited edition" and that once they were gone they were gone for good. I was so happy when i first got it and displayed my helmet in my favorite things shelf, it's still sitting there looking good but damn I was a fool for paying that much.

[quote name='namdor_07']I don't have a camera but here is a link to what it looks like:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. Yeah, mine didn't look like that.

Now if only I could get Newegg to reply to me. Sent them an Email on Thursday and thus far all I've gotten was a response saying that they'd get back to me. It's been over 48 hours since I got that "We'll get back to you" email.

If I don't get a response from them by the end of the day on Monday I'm gonna assume that they're ducking me. If it gets to that point, I'm gonna do a chargeback on my card, leave a responce on that seller review sit linked earlier in this topic and i might even report them to the consumer's affairs office in my state.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for posting that. Yeah, mine didn't look like that.

Now if only I could get Newegg to reply to me. Sent them an Email on Thursday and thus far all I've gotten was a response saying that they'd get back to me. It's been over 48 hours since I got that "We'll get back to you" email.

If I don't get a response from them by the end of the day on Monday I'm gonna assume that they're ducking me. If it gets to that point, I'm gonna do a chargeback on my card, leave a responce on that seller review sit linked earlier in this topic and i might even report them to the consumer's affairs office in my state.[/quote]What time Thursday did you send that email? They are closed on weekends so you won't be getting any replies until the earliest Monday.

If I were you I would get on their live chat engine as soon as they open up on Monday which is 5:30am PST.

I was also one of the people who only received the Helmet and Stand. The box it came in was beat up and already opened. Helmet and stand were in perfect condition though. I called Newegg and they refunded me the 39.99 and told me to keep the helmet. I managed to place a second order when the items came back in stock a few days ago, and my CC has been both refunded (for the original) and charged again (for the new order).

Here's hoping for a complete set this time.

NewEgg usually has good prices because they get deals from inventory overstocks and OEM products in addition to regular distribution channels. That will probably explain the release-day stickers and some missing games.

I am happy to report that i just got mine and everything was perfect!! The discs and the helmet were untouched and it had all of the stickers on it. Sweet deal, i am glad i picked it up!! thanks OP

Well, i called newegg back and complained that i was having to go to the trouble of shipping back the helmet since they have no use for it anyway and it isnt worth the amount it was going to cost to ship it back to them. They said to keep it. So now i have a helmet for free but no game. Oh well.

Mine ordered come perfectly Brand new & never been touch or open. It worth $40 on my book. Still waiting for my copy Wild Arms (PSP) game ;)

[quote name='nesz']Well, i called newegg back and complained that i was having to go to the trouble of shipping back the helmet since they have no use for it anyway and it isnt worth the amount it was going to cost to ship it back to them. They said to keep it. So now i have a helmet for free but no game. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I still have yet to hear from newegg with anything more than a reply that they'll get back to me as soon as they hear from their products division. Supposedly they're gonna get back to me no later than tomorrow. I'm getting a little tired of waiting, but it sounds like I'm at least gonna get my money back eventually. Thanks to your post though, I know that I might not have to ship the helmet back to them if I complain about it.

I'm grateful for that. I didn't wanna spend $20 to pay for shipping to get $40 back.

Oh and I ordered a second copy Yesterday because they got them back in stock. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

Good Luck End. Now, time for me to figure out what to do with the helmet. Too my dismay it isnt open enough to fit on our boston terrier. That would have been worth all this trouble.

Got my second shipment in today and Yay, this time it had the game & bonus discs!

I also finally heard from Newegg about my first order. They’re offering me a return for exchange and they’re even willing to pay the shipping costs to return my first order. Of course I don’t need a replacement now, I only need them to refund my money for one of these orders. I told them that in an email, and hopefully they’ll do just that. If so, then this story will have a happy ending, after all.

I was the unfortunate one who had a bad experience with this deal, but it turned out ok. After giving them a negative review I had a customer service rep contact me on the phone who ended up refunding the full amount, letting me keep the helmet I got and sent me the regular edition of Halo 3 free of charge w/ free overnight shipping. The only catch was that they asked to reconsider my review and edit it to something positive.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']I was the unfortunate one who had a bad experience with this deal, but it turned out ok. After giving them a negative review I had a customer service rep contact me on the phone who ended up refunding the full amount, letting me keep the helmet I got and sent me the regular edition of Halo 3 free of charge w/ free overnight shipping. The only catch was that they asked to reconsider my review and edit it to something positive.[/quote]
Smart Marketing on NewEgg's front. If I were you I'd edit the review and mention good customer service and rate the game itself. Your experience (as well as the other unfortunate CAG victims) is at least much better than in other online or B&M stores.

Well, I'm this close to going the negative review route myself - they charged me two weeks ago for the game and I still haven't received ANYTHING. I've chatted with their customer service each day this week and every day it's the same thing: "We'll look into it and email you." Then nothing. Finally, yesterday they gave me a UPS tracking number but it doesn't show up in UPS's system. This has been a crock and a half - first and last time I'll deal with Newegg. . .

newegg is a reputable company and they are bound to screw up and order. have patience. I would be pretty upset but I bet they take care of everyone in time.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me'] This has been a crock and a half - first and last time I'll deal with Newegg. . .[/quote]

I agree, that sounds awful. You should reconsider buying from newegg again though. I've been buying from them for quite a few years, and I've never had an experience like yours. Usually their customer service is great, their prices are great, and issues like yours are very rare. In my book Amazon and Newegg are neck and neck in my high satisfaction rating.

Great deal on this. I got it last year from them for $50.
The spartan helmet is really cool, definitely the best LE ever made.
As cool as it is, it's a pain in the ass to find a place to put it.

[quote name='Taboner']I have a sealed regular edition for sale if anyone is interested.[/quote]
pm ME if you still have that Halo3 copy , sell or trade? let me know. Thanks.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']This has been a crock and a half - first and last time I'll deal with Newegg. . .[/quote]

Your loss. I'm guessing you aren't much of a DIY PC gamer if this is the first time you've ever dealt with NewEgg. If you want PC parts in the future, this is your first stop. Your situation stinks, but still. . .throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Well, they finally came clean and emailed me that they don't have any and the item is now on indefinite backorder. So no Halo LE for me.

And as for throwing out the baby with the bathwater, when the baby charges my credit card before shipping anything, has no idea what its warehouse inventory is, ships open-box merchandise that's missing core pieces (e.g. the game itself) to half of its customers, and makes it a customer service policy to jerk people around for days, then yes - that baby's got to go!

bread's done
Back