Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $39.99 at Newegg.com

KillerTigger

CAG Veteran
Newegg has the Halo Legendary Edition for only $39.99:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103056

This has dropped about $6 since last week. I ordered one last Friday for $45.99 each, two more today at the new price.

At this price, they should go pretty fast.:hot:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Apparently some who have ordered this have reported not receiving the game disk and/or extras DVD in the package. I didn't have this problem in the three I ordered, and most who mention having gotten theirs from NewEgg do not seem to have a problem. However, a few have apparently been shipped without the disks _ which may or may not be replaced by Microsoft , but almost certainly will NOT be replaced by NewEgg _ so please think it over very carefully before ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Received mine today :)
Came in a HUGE box lol[/quote]

A HUGE box indeed, thought I mistakenly ordered a desktop that I had in my cart. I'm thinking about ordering another for a birthday present. Thanks for posting!

Got mine today. The outside box was a little little beat up but the inside was packed well and the box was brand new and flawless. Tested both disks no scratches and play fine. Master Chief Helmet was larger then expected but looks good on my shelf.

Great deal very glad I got on this

I just got mine a few minutes ago. Opened it up to find the Helmet, but no game, inside.

I double and tripple checked the packaging but it's nowhere to be found.

I just sent an E-mail to Newegg. They had better make this right.

[quote name='The End']I just got mine a few minutes ago. Opened it up to find the Helmet, but no game, inside.

I just sent an E-mail to Newegg. They had better make this right.[/QUOTE]

wow -- really!? that makes me not want to buy it even if it comes back in stock.

Just got finished chatting with a guy from newegg. Says I'm out of luck. They aren’t going to do anything about it. They said that I should contact Microsoft.

Well, that was my first ever purchase off of Newegg. Doesn't exactly make me wanna go back for more.

[quote name='The End']I just got mine a few minutes ago. Opened it up to find the Helmet, but no game, inside.

I just sent an E-mail to Newegg. They had better make this right.[/quote]

Did you pick up the helmet and check inside the helmet stand? :p

lol, I wish it was as simple as that. I've checked every square inch of everything in the package.

Right now I'm trying to figure out who I contact at Microsoft about this. I've got the sinking feeling that I'm gonna get screwed on this.

[quote name='The End']lol, I wish it was as simple as that. I've checked every square inch of everything in the package.

Right now I'm trying to figure out who I contact at Microsoft about this. I've got the sinking feeling that I'm gonna get screwed on this.[/QUOTE]

Wow that sucks. Newegg has been great for me for years. Just for reference there were supposed to be two DVD cases in a clear plastic tray, one was the game and one was the two essentials discs in one dvd case.

Just got mine in at work. The box is a little big, but they filled it with brown paper, for protection. The actual Halo 3 Legendary Box is mint. Only took the 3 days that I requested as well. Once again, excellent find OP!

[quote name='The End']Just got finished chatting with a guy from newegg. Says I'm out of luck. They aren’t going to do anything about it. They said that I should contact Microsoft.

Well, that was my first ever purchase off of Newegg. Doesn't exactly make me wanna go back for more.[/QUOTE]

They don't have a choice. Failing to provide you with what you ordered is called fraud in every state. I would immediately call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback.

[quote name='bojay1997']They don't have a choice. Failing to provide you with what you ordered is called fraud in every state. I would immediately call your credit card company and have them do a chargeback.[/QUOTE]

I sent an e-mail to Microsoft to ask them if they would do something about this. It might take them up to 24 hours for them to get back to me. I’m gonna wait and see what they have to say first. Who knows, they might even try and help me out.

If not though, I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I sent my payment with a $40 rebate card that I got for purchasing something at Staples on Black Friday. It was Visa based, but I don’t have a regular account with Visa, so I’m not sure if they’ll do anything for me.

Wow they still have these. lol at the time of realease they claimed that they were very limited, then again it is microsoft

[quote name='rpgamer92']Wow they still have these. lol at the time of realease they claimed that they were very limited, then again it is microsoft[/QUOTE]

I am more cautious now when companies say collector/limited/special edition on their products because of this. I know collector and special does NOT mean they are limited in quantities, but if there are thousands of the item, I would like to wait and get it cheaper.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I assume that you are the only one with this problem right now. I will be so ticked if mine comes in tomorrow and is missing the game.[/quote]

You would be wrong. I just received my order today and no game or dvds, just the helmet!

Post about it on ResellerRatings.com. You will almost always get some action from Newegg by posting there. They have some higher level customer service people that patrol RR and try to keep negative comments off there. I had a problem with a power supply once that I purchased from Newegg, that was under warranty, and the regular customer service refused to help. I posted on RR, and got a full refund + $75 credit for removing my negative review. That's why their rating on there is so good.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg

[quote name='playing mantis']You would be wrong. I just received my order today and no game or dvds, just the helmet![/QUOTE]

hmm, don't get wrong, I'm sorry that this happened to you, but in a way I'm kinda glad I'm not alone. It makes it slightly more likely that somebody (either Newegg or Microsoft) will have to do something about this.

I suggest that anybody else out there who bought one of these things but wanted to keep it sealed as a collectors item should seriously think about opening it up to check if you got the game.

[quote name='Hocus Cadabra']Post about it on ResellerRatings.com. You will almost always get some action from Newegg by posting there. They have some higher level customer service people that patrol RR and try to keep negative comments off there. I had a problem with a power supply once that I purchased from Newegg, that was under warranty, and the regular customer service refused to help. I posted on RR, and got a full refund + $75 credit for removing my negative review. That's why their rating on there is so good.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna wait until I hear from Microsoft before I leave a review though, because who knows, MS might surprise me.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna wait until I hear from Microsoft before I leave a review though, because who knows, MS might surprise me.[/quote]
Good luck

[quote name='Hocus Cadabra']Post about it on ResellerRatings.com. You will almost always get some action from Newegg by posting there. They have some higher level customer service people that patrol RR and try to keep negative comments off there. I had a problem with a power supply once that I purchased from Newegg, that was under warranty, and the regular customer service refused to help. I posted on RR, and got a full refund + $75 credit for removing my negative review. That's why their rating on there is so good.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg[/quote]Sorry for trying to help.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I don't understand why they are pawning this off on M$. What the hell will they do other than say you need to deal with Newegg on it.

I am really starting to regret jumping on this now. Sure hope I am not one of the affected ones when it arrives tomorrow.

I really can't stand it when companies don't own up to their mistakes and make the consumer jump through all the hoops when the only thing they did wrong was trust a company to deliver what was paid for.[/quote]

How is this the fault of newegg?

They offered a sealed product. The product that newegg provided was SEALED and did not have the game inside. This is a manufacturing problem. This is solely Microsoft's problem. Newegg and many other online retailers have policies to take it up with the manufacturer for a reason.

Furthermore, why are YOU bitching the most in this thread when this hasn't happend to you at all?

[quote name='mtxbass1']How is this the fault of newegg?

They offered a sealed product. The product that newegg provided was SEALED and did not have the game inside. This is a manufacturing problem. This is solely Microsoft's problem. Newegg and many other online retailers have policies to take it up with the manufacturer for a reason.

Furthermore, why are YOU bitching the most in this thread when this hasn't happend to you at all?[/quote]nevermind. It's not worth it.

[quote name='addicted2games']I am more cautious now when companies say collector/limited/special edition on their products because of this. I know collector and special does NOT mean they are limited in quantities, but if there are thousands of the item, I would like to wait and get it cheaper.[/quote]

Amen. I'm still holding out for Fallout 3 CE (360) in the $40-45-ish range.

[quote name='Josef']What kind of shipping cost are we looking at here?[/quote]

Free shipping was just quoted to me, which was awesome, but alas, none left. Damn auto notify was all that was left.

Just got this email from Microsoft.

"Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.

I am sorry to know that you have received the Halo 3 Legendary Edition package without the game inside.

To check if you obtain a replacement media for your Halo 3 Legendary Edition, I would recommend contacting the Microsoft Supplementary Parts team. Our representatives can assist you better in obtaining Replacement disks and manuals for retail copies of Microsoft software. You can contact them by calling (800) 360-7561. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.

I hope the above information is helpful. If you have further question, please write back to us.

Thank you,

Dharman
Microsoft Customer Service Representative"

So I called the number and guess what? They told me that all they could do was send me the regular edition gamedisk. If I want the full product, I need to get in touch with Newegg.

This is complete bullshit.

*Sighs*

Well I guess I'd better give Newegg one more shot to fix this problem. If they wont, it's off to resellerratings.com to vent my displeasure.

[quote name='The End']Just got this email from Microsoft.

I am sorry to know that you have received the Halo 3 Legendary Edition package without the game inside.

To check if you obtain a replacement media for your Halo 3 Legendary Edition, I would recommend contacting the Microsoft Supplementary Parts team. Our representatives can assist you better in obtaining Replacement disks and manuals for retail copies of Microsoft software. You can contact them by calling (800) 360-7561. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.

I hope the above information is helpful. If you have further question, please write back to us.

Thank you,

Dharman

So I called the number and guess what? They told me that all they could do was send me the regular edition gamedisk. If I want the full product, I need to get in touch with Newegg.

*Sighs*

Well I guess I'd better give Newegg one more shot to fix this problem. If they wont, it's off to resellerratings.com to vent my displeasure.[/quote]
Sorry to hear that bud. I hope it works out for you after it is all over. It is complete BS that you have to jump through these hoops.

[quote name='Mako1215']None left. I'm mad. Shoulda jumped on when I have the chance. I needed a new Halo 3 disc. Damn it.[/quote]

Is yours scratched up real bad or something? Just take it to game crazy or shop around, one of your local video stores may have a professional quality resurfacing machine, and it will only cost a few dollars.

[quote name='mtxbass1']How is this the fault of newegg?

Furthermore, why are YOU bitching the most in this thread when this hasn't happend to you at all?[/quote]

Mine wasn't sealed, fyi. Maybe someone in the shipping dept at newegg is pilfering the game and dvds to sell on ebay.

In any case, I called this morning and got an RMA # and they emailed me a UPS shipping label.

[quote name='The End']Just got this email from Microsoft.

Thank you,

Dharman

*Sighs*

Well I guess I'd better give Newegg one more shot to fix this problem. If they wont, it's off to resellerratings.com to vent my displeasure.[/QUOTE]

Assuming New Egg doesn't rectify your situation, don't forget to do a charge back on your credit card.

I didn't get my discs either. The box I got didn't fully match the Newegg pics nor what you would find on the shelfs of BestBuy. Heck, the packaging I got didn't even say "Halo" or "Legendary Edition". It looks like that part of the box didn't ship. It looked like I only got half the package.

I did contact Newegg. The gave me a full refund and told me to keep the helmet on them! My faith, although battered a bit, in Newegg has been restored.:D

[quote name='iroute']I didn't get my discs either. The box I got didn't fully match the Newegg pics nor what you would find on the shelfs of BestBuy. Heck, the packaging I got didn't even say "Halo" or "Legendary Edition". It looks like that part of the box didn't ship. It looked like I only got half the package.

I did contact Newegg. The gave me a full refund and told me to keep the helmet on them! My faith, although battered a bit, in Newegg has been restored.:D[/quote]
That was the respectable thing to do on their part. Glad you at least got something out of it.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']I got mine today, opened it and there is nothing in there except for a fucking helmet. The box wasn't even sealed.[/QUOTE]

What does that make now, 4 people who've gotten screwed? I wonder when Newegg is gonna start realizing that something’s wrong with their stock?

[quote name='nightwarrior']It's back in stock if anyone wants to order one.[/QUOTE]

lol, great. I bet they sell out before they get me a replacement.

thanks for the heads up. Newegg and paypal screwed up my order and I only got one of them. I ordered one to open and one to keep. Paypal actually screwed it up so bad that Newegg froze my account with them. I had to have my wife buy it LOL. I hate Paypal and right now I am really not happy with Newegg

Damn, I've been waiting forever on a good deal for the Legendary Edition, but I really need to go ahead and pre-order my RE5 CE. Decisions decisions...

Got mine on Tuesday. Perfect box, helmet, game disc and the other discs. Nothing missing. THANKS NEWEGG!

Its funny how mine says, DO NOT OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 25th 2007! LOL Guess MS didnt sell as many as they wanted

Halo ain't that great. $100 is a lot of dough. Hell, Capcom is pushing it with RE:5's CE. I'd wait on that too if I didn't like RE so much.

Btw, mine came sealed. Wow that's really crappy for all the guys who didn't even get the game. Yeah hound Newegg or something.

[quote name='bojay1997']I wonder if they got these from Gamestop? Didn't Gamestop remove the game and dispose of the helmet/boxes a few months ago?[/quote]
GS claims they stripped their unsold copies to 'save space' _ interestingly enough, though, their site still lists the item as though it is complete, with no mention that it's been stripped. I guess every GS employee got a free halo helmet (or two) to take home.

bread's done
Back