Heavy Rain Discussion Thread

[quote name='Blackout']The
electrical field
is really pissing me off. I can't tell if I'm supposed to hold down some of the buttons or mash them.[/QUOTE]

Answer in the spoiler:
You hold them all down until the penultimate (next to last) one, where it's R1 + L1 + X. Hold R1/L1 and then tap X. I was confused as well, and actually had to look for a forum post on GameFAQs or somewhere like that to find the answer. I kept failing at that part thinking I needed to hold X.

electrical field
is really pissing me off. I can't tell if I'm supposed to hold down some of the buttons or mash them.[/QUOTE]

There should be a walkthrough map on youtube and online.

From what I remember you start off the second from the right and go straight, go straight again, go left, go straight, go straight. The second to last when you go under you mash the last button. I believe it was x.

[quote name='sendme']I hated that. I never did get past that part. You can find a map on ps3trophies.com if you need one. I'm sure one can be found other places but I remember seeing one on there. It is in the forums for the game and in one of the trophy threds.[/QUOTE]

I got through it with trial and error. I didn't use a guide. That whole test was total bullshit. I hated every second of it.

I beat the game a few hours ago.
In my game, Shelby got cut up, Jayden saw the tanks on his desk,Ethan comes out with Shaun and Madison, Ethan gets apartment with his son, Madison is signing her book and heard the weird voices, Madison does interview, Jayden does interview with same guy, and Shelby's grave is shown. Is this the best ending?

I did screw up the highway driving test, Madison's dream, and a few other things because of the shitty button actions. I didn't save Lauren because I screwed up the buttons. I didn't know which ones to hit to save her.

I had no problem with Shelby being the killer. I really enjoyed everything about the story. I thought it was well done. The voice acting kinda sucked though, especially for the kids.

So was Shelby doing all this investigation stuff to cover his tracks?

The game is extremely intense. It's definitely one of the more unique games I've ever played. It's so much better than Indigo Prophecy, and it didn't fall apart. Thank God. I just wish the gameplay was less frustrating.

Walking is crap. I still have zero idea why they would put this in the game. The button sequences were the worst crime. Some of them are just total shit. You can't tell which buttons you're supposed to hold or mash when the screen is SHAKING. The ones you have to hold down look like the ones you have to smash. Also, some of the dialogue choices spinning all crazy was shit too. I messed up a few scenes (like the one with the crazy Jesus guy) because I didn't know what button to hit, and choices were buzzing all over the screen. I think they screwed these up just to have all these different scenarios.

Jim Sterling does bring up some good points, but then again, he doesn't, because if his complaints about the character thinking were fixed in the game, it would ruin the entire thing. Sterling also forgets
Shelby hated the fathers, not mothers. That's why he offered Lauren his jacket, save the woman who attempted suicide, etc. That was the entire reason he was the killer, because his father let his brother die. He was testing other fathers. That's why he even goes to shoot Ethan at the end. He wasn't a typical cold blooded killer as Sterling believes.
That point alone kills most of his article.

I'm not sure if I'm going to play through the whole thing again. Maybe I will, but I'm not going after all the endings. That seems like too much work. Not using a trophy guide for my first run was well worth it. I recommend anyone who hasn't play Heavy Rain yet to do that.

Last edited:
[quote name='Blackout']I got through it with trial and error. I didn't use a guide. That whole test was total bullshit. I hated every second of it.

I beat the game a few hours ago.
In my game, Shelby got cut up, Jayden saw the tanks on his desk,Ethan comes out with Shaun and Madison, Ethan gets apartment with his son, Madison is signing her book and heard the weird voices, Madison does interview, Jayden does interview with same guy, and Shelby's grave is shown. Is this the best ending?

I did screw up the highway driving test, Madison's dream, and a few other things because of the shitty button actions. I didn't save Lauren because I screwed up the buttons. I didn't know which ones to hit to save her.

I had no problem with Shelby being the killer. I really enjoyed everything about the story. I thought it was well done. The voice acting kinda sucked though, especially for the kids.

So was Shelby doing all this investigation stuff to cover his tracks?

The game is extremely intense. It's definitely one of the more unique games I've ever played. It's so much better than Indigo Prophecy, and it didn't fall apart. Thank God. I just wish the gameplay was less frustrating.

Walking is crap. I still have zero idea why they would put this in the game. The button sequences were the worst crime. Some of them are just total shit. You can't tell which buttons you're supposed to hold or mash when the screen is SHAKING. The ones you have to hold down look like the ones you have to smash. Also, some of the dialogue choices spinning all crazy was shit too. I messed up a few scenes (like the one with the crazy Jesus guy) because I didn't know what button to hit, and choices were buzzing all over the screen. I think they screwed these up just to have all these different scenarios.

Jim Sterling does bring up some good points, but then again, he doesn't, because if his complaints about the character thinking were fixed in the game, it would ruin the entire thing. Sterling also forgets
Shelby hated the fathers, not mothers. That's why he offered Lauren his jacket, save the woman who attempted suicide, etc. That was the entire reason he was the killer, because his father let his brother die. He was testing other fathers. That's why he even goes to shoot Ethan at the end. He wasn't a typical cold blooded killer as Sterling believes.
That point alone kills most of his article.

I'm not sure if I'm going to play through the whole thing again. Maybe I will, but I'm not going after all the endings. That seems like too much work. Not using a trophy guide for my first run was well worth it. I recommend anyone who hasn't play Heavy Rain yet to do that.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention that Shelby locks Madison in a burning apartment with a bomb about to go off.

With a trophy guide and rushing through the gameplay, you could probably get everything done in 25-30 hours tops.

electrical field

God I hated that part. Felt like I was playing twister with my fingers.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']God I hated that part. Felt like I was playing twister with my fingers.[/QUOTE]

haha I said that exact same thing about the button prompts in this game, god do I hate them.

electrical field
different actions look slightly different. If you have to hold it...it will be a square with an arrow above it that will enter the square when you press the right button. If you have to mash....no arrow (and maybe round, though I think I may be wrong)

[quote name='wildcpac']
You forgot to mention that Shelby locks Madison in a burning apartment with a bomb about to go off.

With a trophy guide and rushing through the gameplay, you could probably get everything done in 25-30 hours tops.
[/QUOTE]

No I didn't leave her out. I didn't include her because she wasn't a mother like the other women he encountered.

Then again, he had the choice to let Kramer die (a father) or let him live. He also helped the convenient store owner (another father, whose child he actually killed) to fight off the robber for a piece of evidence. Can that guy die in the game?

[quote name='Blackout']
No I didn't leave her out. I didn't include her because she wasn't a mother like the other women he encountered.

Then again, he had the choice to let Kramer die (a father) or let him live. He also helped the convenient store owner (another father, whose child he actually killed) to fight off the robber for a piece of evidence. Can that guy die in the game?
[/QUOTE]

Store owner?
Yeah.... he can get shot and die.

Got the platinum in the game. I hate to say it but the more I played it, the more flaws I noticed. It's still a 9/10 in my book though.

One question though, about the Heroine ending:
Who was that Vincent person who asked for Madison's autograph during her book signing but then disappeared? I'm guessing that's going to be answer in some later DLC as I can't think of he it could be...

I also checked out The Taxidermist. All I can see is that was messed up and I'm glad that was free. I beat it in like 7 minutes. I don't really see any reason to go back and play it again since there's no trophies and the endings are pretty lame... Madison must be voiced by a new voice actor because she sounds completely different.

[quote name='Vinny']Got the platinum in the game. I hate to say it but the more I played it, the more flaws I noticed. It's still a 9/10 in my book though.

One question though, about the Heroine ending:
Who was that Vincent person who asked for Madison's autograph during her book signing but then disappeared? I'm guessing that's going to be answer in some later DLC as I can't think of he it could be...

I also checked out The Taxidermist. All I can see is that was messed up and I'm glad that was free. I beat it in like 7 minutes. I don't really see any reason to go back and play it again since there's no trophies and the endings are pretty lame... Madison must be voiced by a new voice actor because she sounds completely different.[/QUOTE]

The DLC was completed awhile ago. It was the tech demo circa August 2008.

[quote name='Vinny']One question though, about the Heroine ending:
[/QUOTE]

SAVE SOME OF THAT FOR THE SEQUEL! Or the DLC... but I would say sequel... which if it is the voice actor from the DLC I may not play. Hated that voice.

[quote name='wildcpac']The DLC was completed awhile ago. It was the tech demo circa August 2008.[/QUOTE]

I see. I wonder what the other DLC will be like...

[quote name='Saint Noir']
SAVE SOME OF THAT FOR THE SEQUEL! Or the DLC... but I would say sequel... which if it is the voice actor from the DLC I may not play. Hated that voice.
[/QUOTE]

Cage said there will be no sequel, which doesn't surprise me. I'm sure they'll make another game with similar types of interactions/gameplay. I'm hoping they follow up Indigo Prophecy. That could definitely left room for a sequel.

[quote name='Vinny']Cage said there will be no sequel, which doesn't surprise me. I'm sure they'll make another game with similar types of interactions/gameplay. I'm hoping they follow up Indigo Prophecy. That could definitely left room for a sequel.[/QUOTE]

I don't trust anything anyone says in the video game industry. Would be better off doing something else, but I have seen that statement all to frequently and it often turns out to be a lie. :lol:

[quote name='Vinny']I see. I wonder what the other DLC will be like...

Cage said there will be no sequel, which doesn't surprise me. I'm sure they'll make another game with similar types of interactions/gameplay. I'm hoping they follow up Indigo Prophecy. That could definitely left room for a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Actually Cage said he wasnt doing another interactive drama game, this was his last.

[quote name='Saint Noir']
[/QUOTE]

The voice actor for Madison in the DLC is Barbara Scaff Weber, who voiced "Carla" from Indigo Prophecy. And yeah, that part was originally a tech demo and finished years ago. I don't know if any more "Madison DLC" is planned, but if so, I'd assume we'd get Judi Beecher back.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Actually Cage said he wasnt doing another interactive drama game, this was his last.[/QUOTE]

Omikron 2 was supposedly put on hold for Heavy Rain though. I saw that too about Cage, maybe he won't be a part of it if they still go put it out.

I think the reason Shelby is looking for any loose evidence that might tie him to the killing is that he's worried about the FBI (Jayden) coming into the investigation now as he probably feels he could outwit the local cops, but the FBI is a different story.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
I think the reason Shelby is looking for any loose evidence that might tie him to the killing is that he's worried about the FBI (Jayden) coming into the investigation now as he probably feels he could outwit the local cops, but the FBI is a different story.
[/QUOTE]

I just have to question why he seemed to advance the case when he was covering his tracks. I understand why he visited Lauren and Hassan: to make sure that they didn't know anything that could point to him. You'd also think he might try to convict Kramer's son, considering Kramer actually did drown one kid. It might have been possible for him to push all the murders on him, taking the heat off him. Then again, if he planned to keep kidnapping children after that, well, it obviously wouldn't work.

Why in the world would he point out to Lauren that the typeface from the typewriter could help to identify the killer? He could have easily just told her he'd keep the letter for analysis, and then burn it and the origami box then and there. As a friend of Manfred, he could have just asked for the book and then burned it. Manfred didn't really need to die, considering Shelby would've had a perfectly good reason for borrowing the book (he is a private investigator on the case after all. I suppose it makes it untraceable to him if Manfred dies, but it just seems odd.

The one thing that takes the cake though, is WHY did he have a list of 500 people that subscribed to Origami magazines? Obviously he was one of them, and it wouldn't be like that was the only copy of subscribers. I'm probably either over- or under-thinking it, but so many things just seem odd for him to do.

As something of a side note, I wonder how long this game is going to hold its price point. I'm tempted to trade it to Amazon for $40.50 because I just have an inkling that we could see this game in the $30-40 range by this upcoming winter, or maybe sometime next year. Usually I'd hang onto it, but it'd be nice to get some credit to put toward other games, and I actually paid less than $40 for it anyway. This tiny nagging voice in my head is telling me I may be stupid though. I keep thinking of games like Heavenly Sword, which held (and in some stores still hold) their value for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Scott mentioned the typewriter line about the envelope, I called it that it was him right there. I kinda forgot about it though then started thinking it was other people. He seemed too far disconnected from the investigation and the rest of the characters the whole time, but that makes sense. Just when I thought he was useless to the overall plot, hes revealed.

Also, when Madison heard the name of the son, I figured it must have been someone she had met. Add that to Norman thinking it was Blake and that's when I thought it was him. It didn't seem to fit perfectly but surely a journalist might know a police lieutenants last name.

I thought the narrative did a good job throwing you off the trail just when you thought you had it figured out.

What was up with Jayden's addiction though. Was the Trypto what was fucking him up? Or was the overuse of ARI? Both? Is using Trypto necessary to use ARI?

[quote name='method47']
When Scott mentioned the typewriter line about the envelope, I called it that it was him right there. I kinda forgot about it though then started thinking it was other people. He seemed too far disconnected from the investigation and the rest of the characters the whole time, but that makes sense. Just when I thought he was useless to the overall plot, hes revealed.

Also, when Madison heard the name of the son, I figured it must have been someone she had met. Add that to Norman thinking it was Blake and that's when I thought it was him. It didn't seem to fit perfectly but surely a journalist might know a police lieutenants last name.

I thought the narrative did a good job throwing you off the trail just when you thought you had it figured out.

What was up with Jayden's addiction though. Was the Trypto what was fucking him up? Or was the overuse of ARI? Both? Is using Trypto necessary to use ARI?
[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? You think you are going to get answers for that when no one can even explain the motivations for the main story line.

I too would love to know just why the hell,
he has to take the trypto, why even using the ARI is bad for your health, just why no one else on the planet has these super crime solving glasses. And why the hell is everyone so cool about it like its a everyday thing to dive into super virtual reality.

It goes back to the almost insulting leaps of logic you have to take to enjoy the story. Yes, I know it seems like all I do is rip the game...I did like the way it was presented and thought from a game aspect it was successful. But every time I think about the game it seems like it would have been better off being a cartoon.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Are you kidding me? You think you are going to get answers for that when no one can even explain the motivations for the main story line.

I too would love to know just why the hell,
he has to take the trypto, why even using the ARI is bad for your health, just why no one else on the planet has these super crime solving glasses. And why the hell is everyone so cool about it like its a everyday thing to dive into super virtual reality.

It goes back to the almost insulting leaps of logic you have to take to enjoy the story. Yes, I know it seems like all I do is rip the game...I did like the way it was presented and thought from a game aspect it was successful. But every time I think about the game it seems like it would have been better off being a cartoon.[/QUOTE]

Everyone in
the game seems to take everything that happens like its no big deal it seems. Like when you save the liquor store from robbery, you just casually walk out. Or when Paco's office is destroyed and a man RUNS out after a fight, the security guard just stands there.

I agree with you, there's a lot you have to forgive to enjoy the game, but while playing it none of these problems really stood out to me and I was able to enjoy the story.

Another thing too I just remembered, why does Sean even risk drowning? He can't swim up to the bars and keep his face above the water level? The water can't go above ground level...? Same deal with John dieing in the flashback. Although I guess either case, they could have died from hypothermia or something.

[quote name='method47']
Another thing too I just remembered, why does Sean even risk drowning? He can't swim up to the bars and keep his face above the water level? The water can't go above ground level...? Same deal with John dieing in the flashback. Although I guess either case, they could have died from hypothermia or something.
[/QUOTE]

Regarding Shaun, it would definitely have something to do with exhaustion. A hell of a lot of rain is constantly coming down on you for multiple days, which would probably make it tough to keep your head up with all that water constantly beating down on you. The kid isn't eating and presumably isn't sleeping, so his energy is going to dwindle pretty damn fast as well. We also don't really know where his threshold lies. Jayden says in one chapter that the victims usually die when the water reaches 6 inches, give or take 10 percent. I took that to mean that the shorter/taller the kid was, the less/more time it would take for them to drown, so Shaun might have fit in the former category, making his risk of drowning a bit earlier.

As for John, I assumed it had something to do with the current. The water looked like it was flowing pretty fast. He did seem to lose a lot of color in his face between his first falling in and after the father refuses to help, so I guess hypothermia could potentially be the cause.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Actually Cage said he wasnt doing another interactive drama game, this was his last.[/QUOTE]

Good. Maybe they'll hire someone who can actually write a coherent story for the next one then.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both games overall, but David Cage's ideas of "plot twists" in both Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain left me seriously scratching my head and wondering what the hell he was smoking.

[quote name='Nirron']
I just have to question why he seemed to advance the case when he was covering his tracks. I understand why he visited Lauren and Hassan: to make sure that they didn't know anything that could point to him. You'd also think he might try to convict Kramer's son, considering Kramer actually did drown one kid. It might have been possible for him to push all the murders on him, taking the heat off him. Then again, if he planned to keep kidnapping children after that, well, it obviously wouldn't work.

Why in the world would he point out to Lauren that the typeface from the typewriter could help to identify the killer? He could have easily just told her he'd keep the letter for analysis, and then burn it and the origami box then and there. As a friend of Manfred, he could have just asked for the book and then burned it. Manfred didn't really need to die, considering Shelby would've had a perfectly good reason for borrowing the book (he is a private investigator on the case after all. I suppose it makes it untraceable to him if Manfred dies, but it just seems odd.

The one thing that takes the cake though, is WHY did he have a list of 500 people that subscribed to Origami magazines? Obviously he was one of them, and it wouldn't be like that was the only copy of subscribers. I'm probably either over- or under-thinking it, but so many things just seem odd for him to do.

As something of a side note, I wonder how long this game is going to hold its price point. I'm tempted to trade it to Amazon for $40.50 because I just have an inkling that we could see this game in the $30-40 range by this upcoming winter, or maybe sometime next year. Usually I'd hang onto it, but it'd be nice to get some credit to put toward other games, and I actually paid less than $40 for it anyway. This tiny nagging voice in my head is telling me I may be stupid though. I keep thinking of games like Heavenly Sword, which held (and in some stores still hold) their value for years.[/QUOTE]
dude its price point is AT 40 i've seen it for that much at many places, hurry up and get rid of it.

The best ending is
When Madison and Ethan fail to save Shaun and Madision asked ethan for another baby and he's like ima kill myself. I laughed so hard that game was too cheezy. I seriously hardly felt any emotional response the first time and after I got the platinum I was rolling around because I hated every second of the game.

[quote name='arcane93']Good. Maybe they'll hire someone who can actually write a coherent story for the next one then.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both games overall, but David Cage's ideas of "plot twists" in both Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain left me seriously scratching my head and wondering what the hell he was smoking.
[/QUOTE]

Indigo Prophecy was nowhere near as bad as Heavy Rain in the plot twist department.

[quote name='Blackout']Indigo Prophecy was nowhere near as bad as Heavy Rain in the plot twist department.[/QUOTE]

I have to politely disagree with you on that one. I named IP the No. 1 most overlooked game of the last-gen on my podcast, but Heavy Rain doesn't turn into a Matrix remake at the end like IP does.

Just finished the game after ignoring it for about 2 weeks. I have to say I was thoroughly impressed from start to finish and I didn't expect the twist, although I tried as much as possible to stay away from spoilers especially when CheapyD said someone was posting it in thread titles.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I have to politely disagree with you on that one. I named IP the No. 1 most overlooked game of the last-gen on my podcast, but Heavy Rain doesn't turn into a Matrix remake at the end like IP does.[/QUOTE]

I subscribed to your podcast.

Cool thanks.

Still need to play the DLC, but if they're all as short as this one supposedly is, I think I'll wait for a sale to buy the other 3.

Nearly done with the game, playing it with a friend. We've been using the French audio because it sounds a lot better =D

Really cool design, the story isn't the greatest but it's executed well.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I have to politely disagree with you on that one. I named IP the No. 1 most overlooked game of the last-gen on my podcast, but Heavy Rain doesn't turn into a Matrix remake at the end like IP does.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant. I didn't mean bad as in terrible, I meant bad in the sense that it totally fell apart. People have complained about HR's plot twist, but IMO it's not as confusing as
All these aliens clans popping up, crazy fist fights in the sky, or a dead guy having sex with a woman who then gives birth to his child.
I love Indigo Prophecy. It's one of my favorite games from last gen (or any gen for that matter), but the last few sections of the game made absolutely no sense. I laugh every time I think about it.

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain. I was so glad they didn't pull an Indigo Prophecy and completely botch the last portion of the game.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I too would love to know just why the hell,
[/QUOTE]

Now, these are all assumptions, but, whatever,
I'm going to assume the trypto is just like any other addictive drug, hence Mad Dog's "They allow dopeheads in the FBI now?" line, and if he doesn't take it he goes through the withdrawals. Nowhere is it said that ARI is bad for your health, the comment the butler makes is towards trypto, not ARI. I'm going to also assume that everyone in the FBI, or at least most of them, has a pair of the glasses, as if you get the ending where Jayden quits the FBI, he goes to hand in the glasses, to which the chief says "You can keep them, we are getting a newer model soon". See last answer for your last question, if what I say is true than the general public must know about it, and so they just don't care.

[quote name='neverletthem']Now, these are all assumptions, but, whatever,
I'm going to assume the trypto is just like any other addictive drug, hence Mad Dog's "They allow dopeheads in the FBI now?" line, and if he doesn't take it he goes through the withdrawals. Nowhere is it said that ARI is bad for your health, the comment the butler makes is towards trypto, not ARI. I'm going to also assume that everyone in the FBI, or at least most of them, has a pair of the glasses, as if you get the ending where Jayden quits the FBI, he goes to hand in the glasses, to which the chief says "You can keep them, we are getting a newer model soon". See last answer for your last question, if what I say is true than the general public must know about it, and so they just don't care.
[/QUOTE]
The ARI glasses are experimental tools that the FBI had recently developed, which is mentioned in the manual in a short rumor article they put in there. Since Norman can apparently die from too much ARI use, the butler was talking about the glasses. I doubt anybody can really tell that he's seeing CSI shit all over the place with his sunglasses when he's out in the field.

[quote name='Blackout']That's what I meant. I didn't mean bad as in terrible, I meant bad in the sense that it totally fell apart. People have complained about HR's plot twist, but IMO it's not as confusing as
All these aliens clans popping up, crazy fist fights in the sky, or a dead guy having sex with a woman who then gives birth to his child.
I love Indigo Prophecy. It's one of my favorite games from last gen (or any gen for that matter), but the last few sections of the game made absolutely no sense. I laugh every time I think about it.

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain. I was so glad they didn't pull an Indigo Prophecy and completely botch the last portion of the game.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, misunderstood what you typed.

I REALLY hope the other 3 Heavy Rain Chronicle DLC packs are longer than 10 minutes like the Taxidermist was. It was nice, but way too short. I would feel bad for anyone who paid $5 for it.

In regards to the price, it's either going to be like Infamous (an official price drop to $40 about 8 months after release) or Heavenly Sword ($50-$60 MSRP new even after 2 years) IMO.

[quote name='Blackout']Indigo Prophecy was nowhere near as bad as Heavy Rain in the plot twist department.[/QUOTE]
Edit: Nevermind, saw you more recent comment.

[quote name='neverletthem']Now, these are all assumptions, but, whatever,
[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't...
...take TripTo willingly once but I DID spend alot of time in ARI going over the clues. The final time, when looking at the footage from the club, the watch etc, Jayden's eyes started to bleed, then his nose, and he eventually died whilst still in ARI.

The butler says 'you know what' to suggest he's talking about the TripTo, but he is in actual fact referring to ARI.

im at the part where you play as the little kids twin brother and im not really feeling this game all that much. ill beat it, but i wont be going back a second time through.

[quote name='Skippi']Well, I didn't...
...take TripTo willingly once but I DID spend alot of time in ARI going over the clues. The final time, when looking at the footage from the club, the watch etc, Jayden's eyes started to bleed, then his nose, and he eventually died whilst still in ARI.

The butler says 'you know what' to suggest he's talking about the TripTo, but he is in actual fact referring to ARI.
[/QUOTE]
I always resisted the trypto when I could, and died during ARI. I actually realized I was dying and tried to leave ARI just as he died. How would the butler know he takes trypto? Actually how does the butler even know him?

The tanks at the end seem more related to ARI than trypto... he's stuck in the augmented reality.

Ok so I just finished the game and I am pissed off about my ending. I think my ending was awful, I am curious if anyone else botched the last hour or so as badly as I did.

Rundown of who died for me - Ethan
All the others survived. Basically I couldn't solve the crime with Norman so he ended up not being a factor at the end for me, he resigned from the FBI in the Epilogue. I escaped Shelby's apartment alive with Madison but she didn't get to the warehouse, I guess I botched the pc password part in Shelby's secret room. I got to the warehouse with Ethan (I solved 3 of the 5 trials and was able to make it) and I saved Shaun ok. It was then just Ethan and Shelby at the warehouse, I decided to not kill Shelby and let him go. I then walked outside with Ethan and the cops were all there. Blake ordered them to open fire on me and they killed Ethan. So Ethan was then assumed to be the killer and Shelby walked free. fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For not really messing up that badly I got a piece of shit ending. Oh well, I can't go back and change it now, well I mean I can but it won't be the same. So fucking frustrating, I thought I was on track to have a good ending and then BAM!!!! fuck!!!!.

EDIT: OK I have calmed down from my initial post haha, I was just so disappointed in my ending. But now that I think about it more, I guess I'm ok with it. Having a game (or movie for that matter) end like that is very different and I guess ok even though some things about it really sucked. I will someday play through the game again, maybe even multiple times, but for now I think I need a break from it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BREVITY']How long is this game for most of you?[/QUOTE]

First time through... somewhere around 4-5 hours. To finish the all the ending trophy, an extra 2-3 hours.

[quote name='lordopus99']First time through... somewhere around 4-5 hours. To finish the all the ending trophy, an extra 2-3 hours.[/QUOTE]

Really??? Man I think my first playthrough was around 8 hrs or so.

[quote name='phantasyx']Hey if you want the Game or DLC for free here is a secret

Go to youtube and watch it for free.
[/QUOTE]
I lol'd.

so I decided I would finsih up the game, been busy with other things.

Played through Chapter 5 and then put it down for a few hours to run some errands... now nothing will load. I cant load my save. I cant load any of the few chapters I tried in 5, I cant even load chapter 4..

What a bitch. That really sucks. I have yet to download the patch they released, does anyone know if that was supposed to fix it? I was under the impression that the patch caused this issue, but obviously thats not the case here.

[quote name='phantasyx']Hey if you want the Game or DLC for free here is a secret

Go to youtube and watch it for free.
[/QUOTE]
hahaha

And thanks to all mentioning the ARI thing. I was playing drunk and killed Ethan and didn't remember how I did it the next morning when playing sober. Where the hell is Ethan, I thought the whole time. Reading your comments I remember now.

[quote name='Snake2715']so I decided I would finsih up the game, been busy with other things.

Played through Chapter 5 and then put it down for a few hours to run some errands... now nothing will load. I cant load my save. I cant load any of the few chapters I tried in 5, I cant even load chapter 4..

What a bitch. That really sucks. I have yet to download the patch they released, does anyone know if that was supposed to fix it? I was under the impression that the patch caused this issue, but obviously thats not the case here.[/QUOTE]
The patch issues were all speculation; people with the patch lost saves (me) and without did too. Sounds like you were around the same spot I was when you lost the save, so I feel your pain. It's absolutely unacceptable to lose all your progress just before the end and just thinking about it brings my piss to a boil. Only thing you can do is start over because your save is gone forever.

has anyone had it where there ps3 totally freezes or people will just stop talking lol? It did that a TON when I was playing it (well over 10 times) I'm also getting in on FF13 now as well. I'm speculating that its either when I put the disc in or that there is too much going on screen (CPU overload) of that nature.

bread's done
Back