Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
:whistle2:/ Dairugger volume 3 went out of print when I wasn't paying attention. I'll have to stop at the last place I saw a copy and see if it's still there. If it is, then I'll come back tomorrow and order volumes one and two. Although I hate buying something that's overpriced simply so that I don't have to buy it from a secondary seller at a price that's ridiculously overpriced.

You know, they used to let you search based if it is marked as part of a sale or not, but for some reason they seem to have removed that option from Advanced Search. Pretty annoying when I'm trying to find something to fill out my order.

Crap. Why did someone have to point out that Black Lagoon is on sale? Then I went and saw that the Soul Eater collection is on sale too. Meh. Could wait a year and only save $10 off those prices. The pain!

[quote name='Squarehard']Infinite Stratos thumbs up.[/QUOTE]
Watched an episode of IS, the mecha suits look cool but this seems like another typical harem anime.

Is it harem? If it is, what makes it different than other harems?

I'm so sick of the typical loser guy who somehow gets lots of pretty girls falling in love with him while he plays clueless.

PS:

No one would recommend Blassreiter? Think a blu-ray is coming?

[quote name='roger watersmelon']:whistle2:/ Dairugger volume 3 went out of print when I wasn't paying attention. I'll have to stop at the last place I saw a copy and see if it's still there. If it is, then I'll come back tomorrow and order volumes one and two. Although I hate buying something that's overpriced simply so that I don't have to buy it from a secondary seller at a price that's ridiculously overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Had collection 3 had been easier to obtain I would have jumped on the first two collections on sale, but as I've pretty much given up hope on finding collection 3 for cheap I had to hunker down and make the decision to pass on it.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's funny you say that because the first two episodes tells you absolutely nothing about the series, but everybody is entitled to their opinions.[/QUOTE]
I Kept reading reviews that said the best part of that series was Aoi and whatever his name is relationship's developing and the harem part hinders it. Well, wasn't even near the harem part and I was so randomly angry. I'm not going to tear anyone apart for liking it though, but man that cup of tea made me bitter.

Here's what I picked up on my last order

Burn Up! DVD
Cybuster DVD Bargain Bundle
Detroit Metal City DVD Complete Collection
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society blu
Madara DVD
Pet Shop of Horrors DVD Complete Collection
Samurai Deeper Kyo DVD Complete Series
The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye

Between this sale and deepdiscount, I've spent way too much on anime this year.

Anyone on the fence about Soul Eater, its worth a watch (I picked it up from Rightstuf along with the Black Lagoon blu about a month or so ago). I just finished it up a couple days ago. I'm not going to keep it but I enjoyed it. A couple of the characters can be annoying early on in the series but once the main story kicks in it gets better. BAKA

[quote name='lilman']Fumoffu is one of the funniest anime ever.[/QUOTE]

I decided to get Fumoffu since I have heard from a few people that it isd worth picking up.

Disappointed the utena dvds didn't go on sale.

I would have picked that up along with burn up. Oh well, next sale I suppose. Nothing for me this year.

OK guys, I plan on possibly doing one more $50+ purchase, and I'm looking for thoughts on the following series that I found while going back through all of the sales (from T-3 to Day 13):

-Hakuoki
-House of Five Leaves
-Intrigue in the Bakumatsu
-Jumong
(Korean drama)
-Special A
-Shigofumi
-Yugo the Negotiator

Thanks in advance. :)

Nothing popped up for me along the way so I wound up just getting Rozen Maiden and Kurenai. Had to throw in a bunch of manga pre-orders to get free shipping eligibility.

Was going to try Special A myself, but Collection 2 us sold out, so I skipped it.
[quote name='electricsleep']Cybuster DVD Bargain Bundle[/QUOTE]Normally I try not to criticize others preferences but...ew. Cybuster is horrible. Took a SRW character and turned into a bad Gundam/Captain Planet mix. It's not even good MST fodder.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Watched an episode of IS, the mecha suits look cool but this seems like another typical harem anime.

Is it harem? If it is, what makes it different than other harems?

I'm so sick of the typical loser guy who somehow gets lots of pretty girls falling in love with him while he plays clueless.

PS:

No one would recommend Blassreiter? Think a blu-ray is coming?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Infinite Stratos is a harem anime, it's exactly what you described above except I suppose the guy isn't a loser. I found it entertaining, but average, if that.

[quote name='Vigilante']OK guys, I plan on possibly doing one more $50+ purchase, and I'm looking for thoughts on the following series that I found while going back through all of the sales (from T-3 to Day 13):

-Hakuoki
-House of Five Leaves
-Intrigue in the Bakumatsu
-Jumong (Korean drama)
-Special A
-Shigofumi
-Yugo the Negotiator

Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

Shigofumi and House of Five Leaves if I had to pick. Hakuoki is meh and I've never watched the others on your list.

Here's what I picked up from Right Stuf:

Yawara!
Princess Jellyfish
Kekkaishi set 1
Ghost in the Shell dvd
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray 2.0 Edition
Ghost in the Shell: SAC Laughing Man Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: SAC Solid State Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: SAC Individual 11 Blu-ray
Shinobi: Heart Under Blade Blu-ray
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVA Collection
Protect the Boss DVD Box Set
Amagami SS Holiday DVD Bundle
My Bride is a Mermaid DVD Complete Series
The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye DVD Collection
Twelve Kingdoms Part 1, 2, 3 Blu-ray

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I decided to get Fumoffu since I have heard from a few people that it isd worth picking up.[/QUOTE]

You did pick up Full Metal Panic season 1, right? Fumoffu is the sequel and the jokes are much funnier if you understand the characters. Unfortunately, FMP s1 kinda sucks, so that's the sacrifice you have to make.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You did pick up Full Metal Panic season 1, right? Fumoffu is the sequel and the jokes are much funnier if you understand the characters. Unfortunately, FMP s1 kinda sucks, so that's the sacrifice you have to make.[/QUOTE]
I ended up picking up the whole series of Full Metal Panic.

Is My Bride is a Mermaid DVD Complete Series worth getting?

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I ended up picking up the whole series of Full Metal Panic.

Is My Bride is a Mermaid DVD Complete Series worth getting?[/QUOTE]

My Bride is a Mermaid is the funniest anime I have ever seen. Story is just a strong C, but the jokes, the animation and Nagasumi's reactions will kill you.

If you want to laugh a lot out loud, then get this series, you will not regret it. I've got the Complete Collection on full price but I still never regretted it. One of the best comedy ever made.

I second My Bride is a Mermaid.

Easily one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. It's a riot throughout the whole thing.

Well, no Dairugger for me. I had to make a few more hard cuts today, but I think I'm more or less done picking stuff up from this sale. Here's what I picked up this year:

The World God Only Knows blu ray holiday bundle
No. 6 blu ray
Dream Eater Merry blu ray
Hidamari Sketch holiday bundle
And Yet the Town Moves
Aria Season 3
Kobato Collection 1
Kobato Collection 2
Mahoromatic: I'm Home

I've got one last decision that I'm still trying to make. I'm trying to figure out whether or not to order Psychic Squad (Zettai Karen Children). After another $30 for volume 4, it would cost $81 to pick up the whole series.

I ended up buying:

Aria The Origination
Black Lagoon
Ga-Rei-Zero
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Gao-Gai-Gar bundle
Initial D Stage 1-4
K-On!! Season 2 blu ray bundle
Honey and Clover 1-3
Redline
Rozen Maiden
Rozen Maiden Ouverture

There were probably a few more things I would have wanted but I didn't want to go too crazy here. I'm also disappointed the Utena DVDs didn't go on sale. I've always wanted to watch the series, maybe I'll be able to pick them up during a New Year's sale or the next RS/Nozomi sale.

bought mostly Korean dramas this year, since YA is going out of business. Don't want to go thru the hassle to pick up the series i want later for an overinflated price.

[quote name='DNukem170']Was going to try Special A myself, but Collection 2 us sold out, so I skipped it.
Normally I try not to criticize others preferences but...ew. Cybuster is horrible. Took a SRW character and turned into a bad Gundam/Captain Planet mix. It's not even good MST fodder.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks. I probably should have asked here first for recommendations as it was a blind buy. Oh well, I was probably going to watch it once and resell it anyway so no big deal.

[quote name='starkillr']Crap. Why did someone have to point out that Black Lagoon is on sale? Then I went and saw that the Soul Eater collection is on sale too. Meh. Could wait a year and only save $10 off those prices. The pain![/QUOTE]

lol and why did you have to point out Soul Eater collection is on sale?! :p

Ah well, spent about twice what I was expecting to:

Aria The Origination (Season 3)
Nabari no Ou DVD Complete Series
xxxHOLiC DVD Complete Series
Soul Eater Blu-ray Complete Series
Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike

A lot of the Korean dramas are on Hulu. Any one know if they'll remain on Hulu when YA closes their doors? I'm not even sure the ones on Hulu are licensed by YA.

[quote name='elessar123']A lot of the Korean dramas are on Hulu. Any one know if they'll remain on Hulu when YA closes their doors? I'm not even sure the ones on Hulu are licensed by YA.[/QUOTE]
You can add a specific episode to your Queue and under http://www.hulu.com/profile/queue you will be able to see when it will expire.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Here's what I picked up from Right Stuf:

Yawara!
Princess Jellyfish
Kekkaishi set 1
Ghost in the Shell dvd
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray 2.0 Edition
Ghost in the Shell: SAC Laughing Man Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: SAC Solid State Blu-ray
Ghost in the Shell: SAC Individual 11 Blu-ray
Shinobi: Heart Under Blade Blu-ray
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVA Collection
Protect the Boss DVD Box Set
Amagami SS Holiday DVD Bundle
My Bride is a Mermaid DVD Complete Series
The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye DVD Collection
Twelve Kingdoms Part 1, 2, 3 Blu-ray[/QUOTE]

Glad to see 12 Kingdoms getting some love, its the only thing that ive contemplated picking up so far. Would have already jumped on it but i have the DVDs.

I ended up picking up My Bride is a Mermaid but I am already kicking myself for buying about $300 worth of stuff. Only reason I can justify getting what I got is that I was gonna get them anyways. So in a way I will save more money buying them in this sale instead of waiting and getting them later. I'll just keep telling myself this as I eat top ramen for the rest of the month.

Wasn't really seeing anything to fill out my order for Hetalia World Series that I really wanted, or didn't already own, so I just picked up the To-Terra graphic novels.

[quote name='starkillr']Yes, Infinite Stratos is a harem anime, it's exactly what you described above except I suppose the guy isn't a loser. I found it entertaining, but average, if that.[/QUOTE]
For some reason I kept thinking Infinite Stratos would be more like Infinite Ryvius.

I too don't care for nerdy boys being surrounded by beautiful ladies genre. Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki will always be the standard classic.

On a sidenote, if you want the opposite of harem, I recommend "The World God Only Knows" (Season 2 especially) which is also on sale at Rightstuf.

It's about a nerd (a gamer) who makes a pact with a devil to make girls fall in love with him. It has the harem theme of "loser guy is surrounded by pretty girls" except than rather play the innocent clueless guy as these ladies all try to win his affection, it's him who's doing the chasing to win all the girls.

It's been a long time since I've seen an anime that has gotten me hooked, so hooked that I basically have to watch it in a single sitting.

Any recommendations on any kinds of anime I'm talking about that may be on sale now?

Animes like:

- Neon Evangelion
- Berserk
- Trigun
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Gungrave

I ordered:

Allison & Lillia DVD Generation 1 (S)
Allison & Lillia DVD Generation 2 (S)
Dairugger, Armored Fleet DVD Collection
Dairugger, Armored Fleet DVD Collection
Darkside Blues DVD (Hyb)
Dragonaut: The Resonance DVD Complete
Jinki: Extend DVD Complete Collection
Space Travelers DVD (Hyb)
Tokyo - Last Megalopolis DVD (S) Live

I might make one more order, still deciding.

Quick TRSI round-up
Currently Have a Counter (Subjected to Change)

Quantity Remaining: 0 - Please Check Back

Back to Regular Price

No Longer Available for Purchase

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']It's been a long time since I've seen an anime that has gotten me hooked, so hooked that I basically have to watch it in a single sitting.

Any recommendations on any kinds of anime I'm talking about that may be on sale now?

Animes like:

- Neon Evangelion
- Berserk
- Trigun
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Gungrave[/QUOTE]

Eureka Seven

[quote name='WTK']Re-listed and a qty of 100 copies...

Noein DVD Box Set (Hyb) $39.98 $12.00*(70% Off)[/QUOTE]

Definitely one of my absolute favorites. It's been awhile since I watched it so I can't remember specifics, I just remember really enjoying the story and how they respun some of the villains as heroes during the show.

Definitely a last call on the YA Entertainment releases. Disgaea is also re-listed (no counter).

Quick TRSI round-up
Currently Have a Counter (Subjected to Change)

Quantity Remaining: 0 - Please Check Back

Back to Regular Price

No Longer Available for Purchase

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Anyone else have the part 1 box for gao gai gar for the holiday bundle, changed to the individual dvds 1-5?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it before they changed the bundle, so make sure you ordered the right one.

They re-listed the bundle like the day after the sale, but it was re-listed and even notes that in the description, so check which one you ordered.

They were both noted as holiday bundles, but only one was noted as the premium bundle for both sets.

bread's done
Back