Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a ton of stuff in my cart that I need to weed down. Even of the ones there, nothing's high up on my list. Doesn't help that DeepDiscount actually miraculously came through.

I remember last year I got Full Metal Panic on Blu-ray (all three series) for less than $50 combined last year. This year was a disappointment.

Right now in my cart, I have Baccano, Excel Saga, and Dead Space: Downfall with a total of $48.97.

I'm thinking of getting a $5 order and two $1 orders from the blind box to qualify for the free shipping. Any last minute recommendations for anything under $10? If I can keep my total under $65, I should be okay.

Nice to see they matched Amazon's price for Ai Yori Aoshi collection. Great value considering it also includes Enishi (i.e. S2).

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Don't really care about fumoffu.[/QUOTE]
Fumoffu is one of the funniest anime ever.

Is today's price for the Appleseed Blu-ray pretty good? I've been planning to buy both (the original and Ex Machina) for a while, but I'm not sure if it ever goes lower than $15. Thoughts on Baccano for it's price as well ($50) - worth it, or wait?

I currently have all of the GitS Blu-rays in my cart, along with the Appleseed Blu and the Soul Eater complete series (seems like a good deal for $36).

I also considered Vexille... too many options!

Made my second order today, before the sale ends. Much smaller order this time, just a few choice items from the last four days. Two of the items I made sure to acquire were the Go Lion holiday bundle, and Dairugger, Armored Fleet, volumes one and two. I was a bit of a Voltron fan growing up, and I've always wondered about the original Japanese series. Now I'll finally get to see them in their unedited entirety.

[quote name='Zaku77']Any last minute suggestions on anything from any day? I'm getting ready to order, and don't want to miss some gem that I don't know about. lol[/QUOTE]

If you don't already have them, consider picking up the three volumes of the Twelve Kingdoms. It is a very strange but very intriguing series with a lot of well-developed characters. (and by that I mean their character progression and growth, not their physical proportions) The setting in particular is fantastic. The prices for them in this sale are lower than I've ever seen them, and they are the Blu-Ray sets.

My Final Checkout:

Today:
Inuyasha movie dvd box set
Needless complete bluray
Angel Sanctuary dvd
Canaan Bluray
Ga-Rei-Zero DVD/Bluray
Gungrave Bluray
Mardock Scramble: The First Compression Bluray

earlier:
Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen DVD
My Santa DVD (what a piece of christmas S%*&)
Aquarian Age DVD
RahXephon DVD (Awsome Show)

Pretty much all but needless was a blind buy as I haven't seen the inuyasha movies yet. I am gonna need a bigger shelf soon.

Another $500+ anime year within a 2 month span. Ugh. There's probably still another $500 on my wishlist for next xmas. Thank god for Amazon points, all I'll say.

So much good stuff... I really am about to blow $300+ on this sale. Then they top it off witht he Ai Yori Aoshi set I've been wanting. FFFFFFF

[quote name='starkillr']Another $500+ anime year within a 2 month span. Ugh. There's probably still another $500 on my wishlist for next xmas. Thank god for Amazon points, all I'll say.[/QUOTE]

It's okay, that's usually how much spend in half a month, so you're still in good shape, as for me though, I'm just trying to not go over 9k for the year. ~_~

Got everything I wanted last night for under $200. I'm kind of disappointed the last day had nothing for me, but better for my wallet.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I'm thinking of getting the amagami ss bundle. Is it a good show and worth it at that price point, or might it go cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Amagami is great and that's a good price for it, and the cheapest I've seen it. It might go cheaper in the future, but not any time soon since these prices are basically as low as they'll be until the end of next year. I mean I paid more for mine, but I had no problem paying those prices for a great series.

[quote name='Richard Kain']If you don't already have them, consider picking up the three volumes of the Twelve Kingdoms. It is a very strange but very intriguing series with a lot of well-developed characters. (and by that I mean their character progression and growth, not their physical proportions) The setting in particular is fantastic. The prices for them in this sale are lower than I've ever seen them, and they are the Blu-Ray sets.[/QUOTE]

They divided it up into 3 parts? That seems odd, considering that there are 4 stories that they tell. But I concur that Twelve Kingdoms is a must-have. Probably the best fantasy anime out there. I just wish there was more of it.

I need something to fill out my order, since I'm just getting Hetalia World Series packs. So, something worth $10 or more.

Blassreiter DVD?

Anyone recommend it? Animation looks like it maybe headed for blu-ray though in the near future.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Pretty much all but needless was a blind buy[/QUOTE]
Are you saying you bought Needless on purpose? I like mindless action anime (currently rewatching Law of Ueki), but Needless is painful bad.

[quote name='gundamb0i']How is the anime series Ai Yori Aoshi?[/QUOTE]
I would compare it to Ah My Goddess anime but without any supernatural elements. Main character is engaged to childhood friend but can't tell anyone, other beautiful girls chase after him, lighthearted slice-of-life romantic shenanigans ensue. I heard the manga is a lot more adult, but I enjoyed the anime.

[quote name='lilman']Are you saying you bought Needless on purpose? I like mindless action anime (currently rewatching Law of Ueki), but Needless is painful bad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your unwanted opinion on the matter, I kinda liked it while I thought law of Ueki was a piece of garbage that will never turn into a tree.

[quote name='lilman']I would compare it to Ah My Goddess anime but without any supernatural elements. Main character is engaged to childhood friend but can't tell anyone, other beautiful girls chase after him, lighthearted slice-of-life romantic shenanigans ensue. I heard the manga is a lot more adult, but I enjoyed the anime.[/QUOTE]

I did like ah my goddess so there is hope for you yet.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Thanks for your unwanted opinion on the matter, I kinda liked it while I thought law of Ueki was a piece of garbage that will never turn into a tree.[/QUOTE]

If it makes either of you feel any better, I think they both suck. :D

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Pretty much all but needless was a blind buy as I haven't seen the inuyasha movies yet. I am gonna need a bigger shelf soon.[/QUOTE]
Deepdiscount had Needless for only $29 on Cyber Monday.

It was a blind buy for myself too.

I only watched the first 2 episodes of Needless, but I had to stop after that. I think that was really quite shitty... lol

I Hated Ai Yori Aoshi. HATED it. First two episodes or so was enough for me to say this was just another shitty harem anime with one dimensional characters and a main female lead with no defining characteristics besides her stupid devotion to the whiny main character that in all reality you don't see why she has such devotion, nor did it make me care to want to find out.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Hated Ai Yori Aoshi. HATED it. First two episodes or so was enough for me to say this was just another shitty harem anime with one dimensional characters and a main female lead with no defining characteristics besides her stupid devotion to the whiny main character that in all reality you don't see why she has such devotion, nor did it make me care to want to find out.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you say that because the first two episodes tells you absolutely nothing about the series, but everybody is entitled to their opinions.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's funny you say that because the first two episodes tells you absolutely nothing about the series, but everybody is entitled to their opinions.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, if a show can't give you at *least* a small taste of what it's like after two episodes, the production crew is doing a terrible job.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I thought law of Ueki was a piece of garbage that will never turn into a tree.[/QUOTE]
lol, that review is perfect ^^

Wasn't a fan of Ai Yori Aoshi either. Didn't bother watching Enishi. Aoi was just so boring. But harem anime ranks pretty low on my likes.

Needless... I wish it had better animation. It's really crappy art to feature on bluray.

[quote name='elessar123']But harem anime ranks pretty low on my likes.[/QUOTE]

I think we had this discussion in the pick-ups thread before, lol.

We went a little crazy during the Right Stuf sale. :p

He bought:

Black Lagoon Complete Series
Koihime Muso Complete Collection
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions
Princess Minerva
Shakugan no Shana S
Shin Koihime Muso Complete Collection
Shin Koihime Muso: Otome Tairan Complete Collection
Yozakura Quartet Complete Collection

I bought:

The Third
Princess Jellyfish
Sengoku Basara Season 1
Hero Tales

Is Black Lagoon worth it at that price?

I'm trying to decide buying the FMAB Collections, Yu Yu Hakusho (1-4) or Black Lagoon Complete. Any suggestions?

I've already seen the entirety of FMAB so buying it would only be for purposes of having a physical, HD copy.

FMAB is my favorite anime of all time, by a large margin, but if you've already seen it then I suppose Black Lagoon. lol

[quote name='Squarehard']Black Lagoon.[/QUOTE]

I've always been a pretty big fan of the yu yu hakusho series but I never finished it as a kid. Any reason why Black Lagoon > Yu Yu? Just looking for some guidance here!

Any of those three would work. They are all great.

Also, Mazinkaiser is awesome. Shuten Doji less so.

Picked up Mahoromatic Season 2, Mahoromatic OAV, Clannad After Story Collection 1 and 2, and Guin Saga Collection 1 and 2.

Decided to forgo World God Only Knows until next year. In addition to series picked up since Black Friday (Shana S1, Heaven's Memo Pad, Papillon Rose, Clannad, Needless, Angel Beats, Lyon Flare, K-On, and Nadesico), there are the new-old series I need to watch (s-CRY-ed, Cyberteam in Akihabara, Ghost Stories), live action series (Doctor Who S1 and S6, Torchwood S1, Buffy S1-3), new movies (Amazing Spider-Man, Expendables 2), series I collected in singles to sell the CCs (Big O, Dai-Guard, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, 08th MS Team, Gundam 0083, and the first 3 Slayers), and series I own but haven't watched in years (Hello, Escaflowne-that-I-haven't-watched-in-over-a-decade!).

So yea, my backlog is real short. :p

[quote name='kyrhon']Is Black Lagoon worth it at that price?

I'm trying to decide buying the FMAB Collections, Yu Yu Hakusho (1-4) or Black Lagoon Complete. Any suggestions?

I've already seen the entirety of FMAB so buying it would only be for purposes of having a physical, HD copy.[/QUOTE]

Thats a hard choice to make, I like all three. It really depends on your tastes and what your looking for. YuYu Hakusho is my personal favorite anime of those 3 but FMAB looks so damn good on bluray. Black lagoon is pretty good as well, pretty heavy on the blood and violence, kinda like requiem for phantom.

heres some reviews done on them:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Black-Lagoon-Complete-Collection-Season-1-and-2-Blu-ray/53140/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Yu-Yu-Hakusho-Season-One-Blu-ray/18017/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Brotherhood-Part-1-Blu-ray/9371/

Do note that the dub makes Black Lagoon sound like an HBO show, so if you dislike strong language, stick to the sub.

[quote name='DNukem170']Do note that the dub makes Black Lagoon sound like an HBO show, so if you dislike strong language, stick to the sub.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the problem with the strong language since most of the characters are vulgar individuals.That and the dub follows the manga script really close,so it's true to the material.

[quote name='themaster20000']I don't see the problem with strong language since all the characters are vulgar individuals.That and the dub follows the manga script really close.[/QUOTE]BL is one of the few series that I don't mind the strong language, but a fair chunk of people hate the dub for that reason.

EDIT: Geez, I got so much crap I forgot stuff from my list earlier. Also have High School of the Dead, Demon King Daimao, Night Raid, and Allison & Lillia to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back