Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hero Tales is pretty good I enjoyed it. I'll probably pick that up. Also on Baccano is pretty freakin good, there are some interesting plot twists in it that will make you what the heck. But it is good.

[quote name='Zaku77']Meh, didn't realize that Baccano was on blu. I guess I'll wait for that to go cheap or just pass on it lol.[/QUOTE]

It's already gone cheap like a couple years back and has long since been discontinued and oop, and it's a product of Aniplex, so you probably won't get that chance.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's already gone cheap like a couple years back and has long since been discontinued and oop, and it's a product of Aniplex, so you probably won't get that chance.[/QUOTE]

They re-released it.

[quote name='Squarehard']What the crap! When all this tom foolery happen? @_@[/QUOTE]

Back in July, I think.

Damn, My Lovely Sam-Soon went quick.

[quote name='Zerok']Back in July, I think.

Damn, My Lovely Sam-Soon went quick.[/QUOTE]

I see the date, but I still don't believe it happened then because it totally flew over my head. I can nots believes!

Must've been a super quiet announcement.

[quote name='Squarehard']I see the date, but I still don't believe it happened then because it totally flew over my head. I can nots believes!

Must've been a super quiet announcement.[/QUOTE]

It was announced during their panel at ACEN earlier this year.

[quote name='ShadowX']There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the product page. It says it can only be sold in the US or Canada. No refunds, only exchanges. Interesting...[/QUOTE]

I think it's that way for most Aniplex releases, no?

Actually all this talk about it does seem to be jogging my memory a bit. I think I may have just forgotten because the price for the new set wasn't anything of interest again so I may have just passed again because of that and blocked it out of memory. But yeah, it's all coming back to me now, lol.

Sad that I'm missing out on the Korean Dramas/Movies. Especially since a few have Son Ye-Jin in them :lol: Can't really buy them either. :(

Anywho, back to watching Can You Hear My Heart.

[quote name='Squarehard']Not going to wait for the 13th day?[/QUOTE]

Sigh... I didn't realize there was a 13th day in the 12 Days of savings sale lol. Someone send me more money k?

In other news, I just finished up Gundam 00 and that was a really interesting series. Where they went with the plot, especially in the movie, was completely new for Gundam. I also appreciated all the nods to the UC universe. Aside from the oft-awkward and overly melodramatic/preachy dub, that was a damn good series!

Again, all the stuff I am interested in are stuff I either own or already watched. Though anyone looking for good stuff I definitely recommend Kaliedo Star and You're Under Arrest. Both awesome series.

That picture listing recommended anime was interesting. I was thrilled to see Big O on there (my second favorite anime series) along with Paranoia Agent and Perfect Blue, but disagreed on a few like Samurai Champloo (though the baseball ep is great) and Nausicaa among others (if I list some of "the others" I'd probably start a flame war).

I heard of Baccano by name and decided to check the show description. Sounds promising. I'm thinking of buying that or Mushi-shi of which I saw a few episodes of and enjoyed very much.

I'm going to hold off on DBZ Kai until they release the [rumored] Buu saga. I'm still holding a grudge towards them for stopping the "Ultimate Uncut" DVD's and don't want to be the victim of owning another incomplete collection.

[quote name='whippleman']I would super extremely highly recommend Death Note immediately then.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I loved the first Appleseed and the music is awesome, have the album. Appleseed Ex Machina :br: gets really cheap often, so that's an easy pick with no regret. I have the :dvd:Steelcase LE of Appleseed, never could find a good price on the :br:. I'd recommend both. DVD of Appleseed is so cheap used. Camel shows :br: of Ex Machina down to $9.99, that's when I got it but it's only $11.49 right now, beating Rightstuf.

More recommendations that I did not see on that list, but I enjoyed and thought I'd share maybe someone else does too: Zone of the Enders and Star Ocean EX. ZoE is only the same universe as the video game, it's a prequel and there is no need to have played the game. Star Ocean on the other hand, is basically the first 2 (of 4) discs of the PS1 game. Problem is they never brought it back for a 2nd season so I'm sad :( I've heard they did 5 JP voice CDs with same VA's to finish it, but I need subtitles, heh.

Edit: Barrels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendations ;) I've heard about Death Note, I'll check that one out. As I had considered picking up one or both Appleseed movies a number of times, I'll grab them when prices drop again. Not sure I'd be interested in Star Ocean since it sounds like there's no resolution, but I'll look into that and Zone of the Enders.

Any thoughts on 5 Centimeters Per Second?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's okay, but the pacing is off and lots of scenes don't fit well (I'm not talking about the anachronological storyline, which I thought was cool).

When people talk about how good it is, they're only thinking of the scenes aboard The Flying Pussyfoot. But since, oh, 40% of the story takes place in New York, you have to deal with the many lows that accompany that setting (the NY information brokers are terribly boring).

There are some standout characters in the cast, but while you could tell there were some cool things going on with them, everything felt rushed, like it was directed by someone who was in over his head.

All in all, it's an 8/10, so it's still good. And it's definitely what I'd class as something that I could recommend to someone new to anime (because it's set in the USA). But don't be fooled by people telling you it's the greatest thing ever because it's not.[/QUOTE]

I tend to disagree, probably because of the jumping around the timeline you aren't always seeing the "boring" part (Which is all background stuff setting up what happens of the Flying Pussyfoot.) Maybe it ends up being a gimmick, but it works.

Nice to see the Blu-Ray at a reasonable price. Back when I was originally watching it, the Blu-Ray was just too pricy.

I was disappointed to see the Baccano DVD this morning and not the blu ray. I missed out on the special edition blu ray set last year, and the fact that there's only a $5 difference between the two has caused me to stay away from the new set. Aniplex and I have had a real bad time here over the last couple of years.

As a side note, god bless secondary sellers on Amazon:

Baccano! Blu-ray Disc Box Limited Edition - $71.02 new
New copy of the bluray for the series that got one of the best dubs ever. This is a sightly different edition then the one posted. it has the same blurays, however they are all now in one bluray case which has a slipcover. the cover art is the same as well as almost all packaging.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm going to hold off on DBZ Kai until they release the [rumored] Buu saga. I'm still holding a grudge towards them for stopping the "Ultimate Uncut" DVD's and don't want to be the victim of owning another incomplete collection.[/QUOTE]

You know that's never going to happen, right? The show has been done for almost two years now.

[quote name='waxHead']Any thoughts on 5 Centimeters Per Second?[/QUOTE]

I loved it. It's gorgeous and Shinkai's best work, IMO. It is a romance story though. It does away with the Sci-Fi elements that were prevalent in his previous films. I can't speak to the quality of the Bandai/Crunchyroll dub either, the one I own is the original ADV release and the dub there is fantastic. I know they recorded a new dub but I can't remember if they included the ADV dub on the release as well.

The only reason the Buu Saga wasn't done originally was because ratings in Japan sucked. Since Kai is killing outside Japan, they decided to make more money and make more Kai.

[quote name='DNukem170']The only reason the Buu Saga wasn't done originally was because ratings in Japan sucked. Since Kai is killing outside Japan, they decided to make more money and make more Kai.[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't. When Kai started, they said it was going to end after the Cell saga. Buu was excluded cause it was never part of the manga.

[quote name='elessar123']No it wasn't. When Kai started, they said it was going to end after the Cell saga. Buu was excluded cause it was never part of the manga.[/QUOTE]

And here we have a statement as untrue as 3+3 = 8 lol.

[quote name='Zaku77']And here we have a statement as untrue as 3+3 = 8 lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah shush, I'm sleep deprived.

But I'm still pretty sure they originally planned for about 100 episodes.

[quote name='Zaku77']Mr. Satan's voice actor also died, and the show's ratings were definitely going down.[/QUOTE]They just replaced him like they did the other VAs who died.

Just gonna Stop by here and recommend Sgt. Frog.Its a really good Anime and pretty funny it likes to take jabs at other anime and it breaks the fourth wall pretty much whenever it can.
Its well worth that price. :)

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Just gonna Stop by here and recommend Sgt. Frog.Its a really good Anime and pretty funny it likes to take jabs at other anime and it breaks the fourth wall pretty much whenever it can.
Its well worth that price. :)[/QUOTE]

My 6 year old enjoys it, tho he gets very uncomfortable with the relationship stuff in there.

I am somewhat amused that the dubbers seem to have gone off on their own direction, including covering up the fact that it is an older show.

[quote name='Zaku77']Mr. Satan's voice actor also died, and the show's ratings were definitely going down.[/QUOTE]

It got cancelled because of poor performance in the Japanese market. The foreign sales have been good so they are doing the rest, probably getting foreign money to finish Kai like they are with the movie.

I'm glad they are doing the rest. Buu is my favorite, and it will be great to see it in kai form.

I finally pulled the trigger on this sale. I won't go over everything I ordered, it would take too long. One of the notable items was the Read or Die Blu-Ray collection. I waffled on it for a while, but decided I liked the series enough to pay for the Blu-Ray set.

I also went ahead and got all three of the Twelve Kingdoms Blu-Ray sets. That was a much easier decision though, as I didn't already have the DVDs, and really enjoyed the series the first time I watched it.

Am I the only one who notices the :br: of Trinity Blood is $0.50 cheaper than :dvd:? It's also only 528 minutes instead of 600, so I'm confused :whistle2:s

I probably won't pick up too much from this sale, unless they blow the doors off with day 12 and the usual day 13. Was hoping to pick up sam soon for my mom, but looks like it's gone.

12day-12-news-77yhjlm3.jpg

On the twelfth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Twelve rounds of grappling.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

DAY 12

Again, all the good stuff I already own. And even though it's been that price for years, I wholeheartedly recommend Jubei-chan 2. Best sword fights EVER.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad is tempting, otherwise nothing of interest.

Am I the only person who hates Shin Chan? I thought the jokes were forced and extremely repetitive.

Vexille for me, that's about it, though. I might grab Armitage as well, but it's the same price on amazon, so that one isn't all that exciting.

Hopefully a good show tomorrow around ~$20 to get me to 50. If there's not I saw the Tsubasa movie in there a few days ago but I've not seen the series, any thoughts on the first season of Tsubasa?

[quote name='whippleman']Hopefully a good show tomorrow around ~$20 to get me to 50. If there's not I saw the Tsubasa movie in there a few days ago but I've not seen the series, any thoughts on the first season of Tsubasa?[/QUOTE]

It could be just me, but I have TRIED...several times to watch the first season....I fall asleep everytime. I don't know if I am just tired...or if its just boring...or if if gets better....(I only bought because I love CLAMP, but you can only try to watch something so much)

On thread note...I have only seen maybe a handful of things I will pick up. Very different from last year.

[quote name='killa5k7']It could be just me, but I have TRIED...several times to watch the first season....I fall asleep everytime. I don't know if I am just tired...or if its just boring...or if if gets better....(I only bought because I love CLAMP, but you can only try to watch something so much)[/QUOTE]

The pacing in the first season unfortunately is incredibly slow up until towards the end, but the second season has much better pacing, and you will probably have an easier time keeping up with it without having to feel bored.

bread's done
Back