Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bee Train tried to turn Tsubasa into .hack//CLAMP, which is pretty much the exact opposite of the first half of the manga.

To add some things to the recommendations for complete series sets under $25, there's obviously Baccano. However, I rarely get a chance to push another show, and so I'm going to take the opportunity now. Midori Days.

I can think of far worse ways to fill a cart than Midori Days. It doesn't do anything particularly revolutionary, but it's a quirky little comedy/high school life show. Once you get past the idea that HS girl Midori has become the right hand of one of the biggest badasses in school, you're left with an amusing daily life show. The primary difference of course, being that the problems they have to face are those of a person with a living, breathing right hand. It steers clear of anything overtly crude about the situation, which is refreshing because that would obviously be an extremely easy source of material. That's not to say that they ignore these issues (particularly early on as he tries to figure out what needs to change about his lifestyle) but it's not just a 13 episode series about how a man tries to figure out how to go to the bathroom.

It says it's the premium edition, which just means that it's three standard-sized DVD cases inside of a chipboard box. The box originally came with a T-Shirt, but since it isn't listed I doubt that it's included (the only way it would be included, would be if it was a bundle of the three indivdual releases and not a single set release). I picked these discs up when they were originally released, but the show has more or less dropped into obscurity over the last six years.

I spoilered it right away and I think I trimmed out the major offenders. Anything left shouldn't be anything that you couldn't figure out from looking at the cover or the back of the DVD :D

[quote name='starkillr']Are those good prices for the Inuyasha DVD sets? Haven't really been tracking pricing on those.[/QUOTE]

I picked mine up for $10 a piece.

They were only cheaper about 2-3 months back for $10 each, but that was a ViZ specific sale, so I don't think it'll go cheaper than it's current price.

It's still a good price though currently.

Yeah, that's a pretty solid price. Those sets are decent quality, and they feature around 26 episodes each. (one or two of them are shorter, around 18 episodes, but 25-26 is the norm) If you don't already have those sets, the price is right.

I remember having to spend $40 each for those sets, and considering myself lucky. (the original MSRP was closer to $80)

I quite like Mayo Chiki...decent price esp for 20 bucks. I will also likely pick up Moon Phase...one of my favorites...too cute and the story is aight.

This sale would be awesome if the international shipping weren't so high...$17 for just 2 items is insane. Oh well, will get Clannad After Story from here anyway, since I got my Deep Discount order canceled.

Four Swords is by far the best of the lot, with Oracle of Seasons a close second. Most of the others suffer from condensing a 40+ hour game into 10-12 chapters. As such, most dungeons (if they're covered at all) only take up one chapter. I will say that the artist duo do a really great job of matching each manga to their respective game's art style. You would find it hard to believe they were all drawn by the same people.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I'm getting sick of the trend in anime lately where they are too lazy to put a dub.[/QUOTE]

Then do what I do and only buy on sale or buy it used.

...Except for NISA/Aniplex releases which command premium prices for limited editions that are actually in limited quantities. For those shows, you buy when you see it or you never buy it.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I'm getting sick of the trend in anime lately where they are too lazy to put a dub.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind this if it anime was cheaper, which...anime in general has come down since I started buying it but its all "old" anime that everyone has and is being reprinted with dubs and subs. I find myself enjoying subbed anime more and more for some odd reason but give us a break on the prices, not to mention the part 1, part 2, ect trend they have going on.

I'm glad they don't add dubs. To me, personally, dubs sound atrocious.

[quote name='kyrhon']I'm glad they don't add dubs. To me, personally, dubs sound atrocious.[/QUOTE]
That's your opinion. Although I will admit some of them are pretty bad but most aren't bad IMO.

[quote name='kyrhon']I'm glad they don't add dubs. To me, personally, dubs sound atrocious.[/QUOTE]

I suppose everyone is different but I for one can't get into a show if its not in English, a few very good foreign films excluded. I know when it comes to older anime there's certainly some questionable dubs but IMO most new dubs being released are of pretty good quality.

[quote name='whippleman']I suppose everyone is different but I for one can't get into a show if its not in English, a few very good foreign films excluded. I know when it comes to older anime there's certainly some questionable dubs but IMO most new dubs being released are of pretty good quality.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly.

Lets not get into the eternal argument about whether not sub or dub is better. I for one, prefer to have both, so I can switch at my own leisure. :lol:

[quote name='GogetaSS4']My thoughts exactly.[/QUOTE]

Some of the dubs are pretty good. I for one enjoyed Cowboy Bebop dubs and Samurai Champloo. But that might be because they seemed a little western to start with in the first place.

But some of the older dubs are awful. Have you heard Clannad dubbed before? Kill me.

There are some exceptions like when the dub makes no sense because all the references to kanji and kana but I always prefer getting one with an optional dub.

Black Lagoon is a pretty damn good price for the whole thing on blu-ray. I don't think that was part of any of the day's sales, but that's a nice deal!

[quote name='GogetaSS4']When this is all said and done I will probably have spent around $450...[/QUOTE]

What'd you get? I can see reaching that price easily but not from this "sale".

Don't have a list readily handy. But I but I didn't just get stuff from this sale I also bought some from the deepdiscount sale a few weeks ago.

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

On the next day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...A bundle of anime joy!

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

DAY 13

I guess its time to finally bite on all the initial d. Been waiting on that price point. I can finally check out as well.

err...gotta add everything back into cart. What the heck happened....cookies not been cleared...arrr! Remember...remember....

[quote name='whippleman']Nothing for me today. Is Black Cat worth throwing in to get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

If you need to blow $15, I can find you a better title. Gimme a sec.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']If you need to blow $15, I can find you a better title. Gimme a sec.[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated, the other two I was looking at with little hope are Ghost Hunt and Mushi-shi.

[quote name='whippleman']Much appreciated, the other two I was looking at with little hope are Ghost Hunt and Mushi-shi.[/QUOTE]

Mushi-shi is for hipsters and I mean that with all contempt directed towards its fans.

Go with Kino's Journey if you want something intellectual, Elfen Lied if you want blood and tits, xxxHolic if you want something that's supernatural and aimed at a broader audience than just young men, or Gad Guard if you want a robot show that's surprisingly decent for being a robot show.

My recs are also in that order.

Any last minute suggestions on anything from any day? I'm getting ready to order, and don't want to miss some gem that I don't know about. lol

[quote name='Zaku77']Any last minute suggestions on anything from any day? I'm getting ready to order, and don't want to miss some gem that I don't know about. lol[/QUOTE]

I guess that all depends on what you have already in the cart.

Disgaea DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*) 1$6.99
Gun X Sword CD Soundtrack 1 (*) 1$1.89
Initial D: Stage 1 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) $14.99
Initial D: Stage 2-3 + OVA Extra Stage DVD Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1$14.99
Initial D: Stage 4 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1$14.99
Jubei Chan 2 DVD Box Set (Hyb) (*) 1$19.99
Moon Phase (Tsukuyomi) DVD Box Set (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1$14.99
No. 6 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (*) 1$21.99
Pet Shop of Horrors DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (*) 1$9.99
Sakura Wars TV Complete Collection DVD Set (Thinpak) (*) 1$12.99
Tsukihime, Lunar Legend DVD Collection (Hyb) (*) 1$15.99

Item Subtotal: $149.79

God, wife is going to kill me.

[quote name='Squarehard']I guess that all depends on what you have already in the cart.[/QUOTE]

I have grabbed so far:

Texhnolyze
Armitage III
Parasite Dolls
Vexille (Seeing a theme yet? lol)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Noein
Darkside Blues (Just for the hell of it)

[quote name='Zaku77']I have grabbed so far:

Texhnolyze
Armitage III
Parasite Dolls
Vexille (Seeing a theme yet? lol)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Noein
Darkside Blues (Just for the hell of it)[/QUOTE]

You might like Le Portrait looking at the list you gave me. Fits in pretty well with the majority of that list now that I think about it, although it's rather mechless.

This is what I picked up today. Black Lagoon, Full Metal Panic! Blu-ray Complete Collection Remastered, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Blu-ray Complete Series, Hero Tales DVD Complete Series, Infinite Stratos + Encore Blu-ray Complete Collection, Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection, Edo Rocket DVD Complete Series, Parasite Dolls, Heaven's Memo Pad Blu-ray complete collection and Get Backers Thinpack.

[quote name='B:L']Will they do one more day?[/QUOTE]

They may just save the rest for the new years sale if there is one this year.

Blassreiter DVD?

Yay or nay?

I've watched the 1st episode and think it's okay but the animation looks like it may be headed for blu-ray sometime down the line and I'd hate to double dip.

bread's done
Back