Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']How is tora dora? It'd be a blind buy for me.[/QUOTE]

if you like romance,comedy and drama this is up there as one of the best. I love Toradora one of my favorite anime.

T-3
T-2
T-1

[quote name='WTK']https://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday/#current
- T-2 | Note: BOLD titles listed have have counters!
[/QUOTE]
Lot of semi-cold deals for me here. Only one I do see worth buying is probably Infinite Stratos BD for me, never seen it any lower. Will wait patiently for T3.

[quote name='WTK']https://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday/#current
- T-2 | Note: BOLD titles listed have have counters!
[/QUOTE]Thanks for the update.

Anyone have thoughts on the Aria DVD Holiday Bundle (price, value, show worth watching, etc.)? While I'm aware the Aria series are a bit...calmer than most anime, they still interest me.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the Durarara!! price; I know it's Aniplex-released and therefore pricey, but the CAG in me cannot justify paying >$100 for a 26-episode series, no matter how good it is. I might have considered it at 50% off, but it's a no-go at 30%.

I'm seriously considering the Moribito Holiday Jewelcase DVD Bundle, even though I already own the complete series in a single-CD-spindle case. :hot:

I'd go for Broken Blade (Blu) if they put that up at a price akin to these other Sentai branded offers like Night Raid.

Now that Funimation's direct online shop has been "merged" with RightStuf, does that mean we won't be getting the B1G1 free + 40% coupon stack on Funimation stuff this year?

I'm hoping since I'm not seeing anything of importance to me again that they are just saving everything I want for the christmas sale. :)

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Is Origin:Spirits of the Past good? And is this the lowest it will get?[/QUOTE]

No, and possibly, but it doesn't matter because it's not worth buying.

The two ef collections at $27 on blu are a pretty good deal, being Sentai! (Why couldn't Angel beats be at least at that price?) I might consider those, and maybe the Chaos;Head LE. I missed out on it last time it was that low.

[quote name='TidalDreams']WTF? When did they change their Canadian free shipping to $250? Most of these deals suck anyways.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you're looking for. Also, they upped the price about a month ago when Canada Post decide to up their shipping prices and Rightstuf started losing out a bunch of money.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for the update.

Anyone have thoughts on the Aria DVD Holiday Bundle (price, value, show worth watching, etc.)? While I'm aware the Aria series are a bit...calmer than most anime, they still interest me.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the Durarara!! price; I know it's Aniplex-released and therefore pricey, but the CAG in me cannot justify paying >$100 for a 26-episode series, no matter how good it is. I might have considered it at 50% off, but it's a no-go at 30%.

I'm seriously considering the Moribito Holiday Jewelcase DVD Bundle, even though I already own the complete series in a single-CD-spindle case. :hot:[/QUOTE]

I love the Aria series! It is a quiet, slice of life story with some magical realism moments ... But it was completely fantastic. My niece is watching it now, and loving it, too. You get a lot of value, there, to - its like 54 episodes plus the nice boxes and the printed guidebook. I paid full price when they put it up for Pre-order and still consider it one of my best purchases.

Oh, and while it's slow, there is definitely movement forward - so, it's not one of those eternally status quo type shows. You get an appropriate ending.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm seriously considering the Moribito Holiday Jewelcase DVD Bundle, even though I already own the complete series in a single-CD-spindle case. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Same here. That struck me as one of the better deals for this round. Most of the other decent deals are for series that I already own.

There are still some items from the first round I'm considering, but the second is a bit of a disappointment. Durrarra is a series I want, but I'm pretty certain it is going to be getting a Blu-Ray box set in the near future. I'll check to make sure there is enough stock on the items I'm interested in, and then wait for round 3.

[quote name='jayntampa']I love the Aria series! It is a quiet, slice of life story with some magical realism moments ... But it was completely fantastic. My niece is watching it now, and loving it, too. You get a lot of value, there, to - its like 54 episodes plus the nice boxes and the printed guidebook. I paid full price when they put it up for Pre-order and still consider it one of my best purchases.

Oh, and while it's slow, there is definitely movement forward - so, it's not one of those eternally status quo type shows. You get an appropriate ending.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the input. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't sell out while I wait for T1 to come around. :)

Put in order in for RahXephon on T2 and Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen, my santa, and Aquarian Age for T1. Figured I couldn't go wrong with a giant mecha anime from bones and the others were pretty much blind buys for better or worse.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Put in order in for RahXephon on T2 and Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen, my santa, and Aquarian Age for T1. Figured I couldn't go wrong with a giant mecha anime from bones and the others were pretty much blind buys for better or worse.[/QUOTE]

RahXephon is great! Enough to have plenty of fans who prefer it over Evangelion.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Put in order in for RahXephon on T2 and Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen, my santa, and Aquarian Age for T1. Figured I couldn't go wrong with a giant mecha anime from bones and the others were pretty much blind buys for better or worse.[/QUOTE]

Well Puni Puni Poemi was from the director if Excel Saga,so it will probably be decent.

Can anyone recommend "Chaos;Head"?

I like Perfect Blue, is it similar? I'm not a fan of harem type shows either (aka nerdy boy surrounded by beautiful girls) and not sure if this anime contains it.

Thanks.

[quote name='themaster20000']Well Puni Puni Poemi was from the director if Excel Saga,so it will probably be decent.[/QUOTE]

Poemi like Episode 26 of Excel Saga. Not as extreme, but similar style.

The only things that interest me here are the under $10 anime sets. I will say that anyone who likes super robots should pick up Mazinkaiser. Shuten Doji is OK, but Mazinkaiser is awesome.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Can anyone recommend "Chaos;Head"?[/QUOTE]

"Chaos;Head" is okay as a weekend marathon, but I definitely don't recommend purchasing the series. Invest your money towards "Steins;Gate" instead---it's anime otaku fandom meets "Back to the Future." It also happens to be one of the favorite anime series of all time, ranked along with "Princess Tutu" and "G-GUNDAM"

T-3
T-2
T-1

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Ugh, T-1 looks pretty lame. Hopefully there's some surprise "liftoff" addition like they usually do with these sales.[/QUOTE]

My exact thought on T-1, 2, and 3...

Most of these seem like price matches on Deep Discount and Best Buy. Will probably pick up K-ON and Nerima Daikon, especially since I need to pre-order some manga.

Well, looks like I'll be waiting for the NISA Store sale that starts on the 26th! Couple sets there I really want to get.

Rightstuf's best sales are during their 12 days of Christmas, so not sure why everyone seems to be complaining about how it's the end of the world for Rightstuf's sales this year when there's still so many more to come. =\

[quote name='Squarehard']Rightstuf's best sales are during their 12 days of Christmas, so not sure why everyone seems to be complaining about how it's the end of the world for Rightstuf's sales this year when there's still so many more to come. =\[/QUOTE]
I think someone in the thread said that these would be better prices than their Christmas sale.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I think someone in the thread said that these would be better prices than their Christmas sale.[/QUOTE]No, I think what they said was that you wouldn't find lower prices during their Christmas sale, so you shouldn't expect something in this sale to be any cheaper next month.

These got added to T-1...

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Half of this "sale" feels more like their usual moving old things to the bargain bin, only they're putting it on the front page.[/QUOTE]

Many of them are basically left over from the previous years sale that they still had in stock and needed to get rid of, so usually the BF sales at Rightstuf aren't as interesting as the 12 days stuff since you tend to see stuff that hasn't been in the previous years sale there.

I would wait for the xmas sale. Usually some good deals (at least last year there were). Then again I did pickup a few items from DD in their last sale. Couple are still backordered. Maybe I'll have an opportunity to cancel them.

12day-01-news.jpg

On the first day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...A guild of wizards under the tree.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

DAY 01

^Eh, not much of interest there. I need to check if I already bought the LE for Hetalia S4; if I haven't yet, I'll likely get one for my sister, but not until (hopefully) more items pique my interest. Thanks for posting that list, though.

Lol wth, everyone got me so hyped up for rightstuf 12 days sales for this... Most of these prices aren't that impressive -_-.

GitS is very tempting, but I still wanna wait and see if FUNi can license it since it will onlybe 4 or 5 discs as opposed to 7.

Mahoromatic is tempting too. $6.99 for Season 2?

[quote name='whippleman']Lol wth, everyone got me so hyped up for rightstuf 12 days sales for this... Most of these prices aren't that impressive -_-.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind, 12 more days left. The FUNimation prices at the moment are better than Amazon.com. But for the Sentai Filmworks titles it's comparable to the last DeepDiscount sale.
[quote name='DNukem170']GitS is very tempting, but I still wanna wait and see if FUNi can license it since it will onlybe 4 or 5 discs as opposed to 7.

Mahoromatic is tempting too. $6.99 for Season 2?[/QUOTE]
GitS goes through Manga Entertainment. There are no signs (at the moment) they are letting it go.

As for Mahoromatic, the Ultimate Collection includes S1 & 2 + Summer Special + I'm Home.

[quote name='whippleman']Lol wth, everyone got me so hyped up for rightstuf 12 days sales for this... Most of these prices aren't that impressive -_-.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='WTK']Keep in mind, 12 more days left.[/QUOTE]
^

bread's done
Back