Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WTK']
GitS goes through Manga Entertainment. There are no signs (at the moment) they are letting it go.[/QUOTE]
Is Manga even around? They haven't released anything since the Dead Space films and the Battle Royale sets.

[quote name='DNukem170']Is Manga even around? They haven't released anything since the Dead Space films and the Battle Royale sets.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, I want Macross Plus on blu-ray one of these days without importing it.

I love when Rightstuf does this. Keeping my fingers crossed for sales on Lupin the Third, Gurren Lagaan, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, and Death Note.

[quote name='Cage017']I love when Rightstuf does this. Keeping my fingers crossed for sales on Lupin the Third, Gurren Lagaan, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, and Death Note.[/QUOTE]

I second lupin! I hope the season 1 sells good enough to justify re-releasing season 2.

[quote name='Cage017']I love when Rightstuf does this. Keeping my fingers crossed for sales on Lupin the Third, Gurren Lagaan, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, and Death Note.[/QUOTE]

The site seems to be down at the moment, but last time I checked Gurren Lagaan TV is no longer listed. They do have the movies though.

12day-02-news-jj98si.jpg

On the second day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Two smooth-talking players.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

DAY 02

God damnit, I would have gladly paid a little more for WGOK instead of waiting for it to eventually at some point to ship from DD. Oh well. Can't argue with $5 off from that Facebook code on DD. :*(

World God Only Knows and El Hazard are tempting. I got Demon King Daimao cheaper thanks to DD's 10% off coupon, but it hasn't shipped yet...

I didn't expect to see the same prices on Sentai blu-rays at both Rightstuf and DeepDiscount. With the $5 coupon, my order still comes out slightly ahead on DD (ordered TWGOK 1+2 and Heaven's Memo Pad), but I'm hoping that Rightstuf puts a few other Sentai blu-rays on sale in the coming days so I can shift over my order to Rightstuf.

I hope that the Section23 sale being more widespread means that DD will get stock in faster.

[quote name='Squarehard']God damnit, I would have gladly paid a little more for WGOK instead of waiting for it to eventually at some point to ship from DD. Oh well. Can't argue with $5 off from that Facebook code on DD. :*([/QUOTE]

I would have gladly ordered "The World Only God Knows" from RightStuf myself, if they price-matched sooner.

On the plus side, according to my USPS tracking number, my complete order from DeepDiscount ("The World Only God Knows" Season 1 & 2 Blu-Rays) should be arriving today or tomorrow :cool: I would have saved around $3 ordering from RightStuf, but DeepDiscount really came through for me this time around, so I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, they have some nice prices but unless I'm buying in bulk for free shipping, then it kills any deal for me. :\[/QUOTE]

Plenty more days to see if there's stuff to add to get that free shipping. That's what I'm waiting on. ;D

[quote name='DNukem170']If you're in the US, free shipping us only $49. That is insanely easy to do on RightStuf even with the deals.[/QUOTE]

It's terribly hard for me because I own so many of the titles on every day it's hard to compile $49 worth of stuff I don't have and want. =\

[quote name='Squarehard']It's terribly hard for me because I own so many of the titles on every day it's hard to compile $49 worth of stuff I don't have and want. =\[/QUOTE]

Tis why God invented pre-orders and Hi-Chews. :)

I didn't realize there was a new Mahoromatic DVD release (well, within the last 6 months at least) so I'm definitely going to have to pick that up for $7.

Is The World God Only Knows actually good, or is it just something where everyone's assuming it will be good? :D

[quote name='Squarehard']It's terribly hard for me because I own so many of the titles on every day it's hard to compile $49 worth of stuff I don't have and want. =\[/QUOTE]

It's a bit early to say that. I own a ton of titles and I'm already well over $49 on the wishlist to the point that I should toss in a Rightstuf membership to save money.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I didn't realize there was a new Mahoromatic DVD release (well, within the last 6 months at least) so I'm definitely going to have to pick that up for $7.[/QUOTE]Do note that the $7 sets are the season sets Geneon previously released remastered onto 2 discs.

Is The World God Only Knows actually good, or is it just something where everyone's assuming it will be good? :D
I saw the first four episodes at Otakon and they were pretty funny. It probably resonates more if you play dating Sims, but it is still pretty funny.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Is The World God Only Knows actually good, or is it just something where everyone's assuming it will be good? :D[/QUOTE]

You do realize most anime fans have seen these shows when they were airing, right?

@Dnukem170 - The Mahoromatic dvd I was talking about was the I'm Home dvd. Of course I didn't say that anywhere in my post, so I appreciate the heads up.

I'm doing the same thing I usually do for these sales; planning ahead to try and avoid having to buy a bunch of filler items if something shows up later on. Currently I'm looking at:
Aria Season 3
Allison and Lillia 1 + 2 (on the fence)
Mahoromatic: I'm Home
TWGOK 1 + 2 blu bundle (on the fence)

Thankfully none of them have stock counters yet so I don't need to make an immediate decision.

Does Rightstuf still offer those DVD Blind Box bundles for $1, $5, etc. to help qualify for free shipping? Last time I did that ( 2 years ago) I received a Voltron set.

[quote name='B:L']It's a bit early to say that. I own a ton of titles and I'm already well over $49 on the wishlist to the point that I should toss in a Rightstuf membership to save money.[/QUOTE]

I think I should have noted, "thus far". In my original statement I was saying I was just going to wait until I see enough things on sale so I could get the $49 free shipping.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Is The World God Only Knows actually good, or is it just something where everyone's assuming it will be good? :D[/QUOTE]

It's great, end of discussion.

[quote name='DNukem170']It probably resonates more if you play dating Sims, but it is still pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

I think it's great even if you don't play dating sims since it pokes fun at the generic types of girls found in animes as well. Just may be funnier if you do play dating sims...maybe? *shrug*

Soo many good deals, gonna have to hold out until the last day to pick what I want or else I'll go broke. Mardock Scramble is at a pretty good price.

Heres hoping they put the utena remaster dvds up for sale. Ive been holding out on them but would jump on it if the price is right.

CRAP, ordered god only knows season 1 and 2 from dd. I only got them to ship out season 1. I wonder how hard it would be to return to dd for refund and then order from rightstuf....

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']CRAP, ordered god only knows season 1 and 2 from dd. I only got them to ship out season 1. I wonder how hard it would be to return to dd for refund and then order from rightstuf....[/QUOTE]

It will be a big mess, trust me.

[quote name='dios']Heres hoping they put the utena remaster dvds up for sale. Ive been holding out on them but would jump on it if the price is right.[/QUOTE]

For someone with a Dios avatar, that's a little disappointing that you don't already have them! But yeah, everyone needs to own that series, so it'd be great to see a sale.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']For someone with a Dios avatar, that's a little disappointing that you don't already have them! But yeah, everyone needs to own that series, so it'd be great to see a sale.[/QUOTE]

It seems to be quite popular, to be honest I didn't see much that interested me in the trailer but if there is a decent sale I will be more than happy to give it a shot.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']For someone with a Dios avatar, that's a little disappointing that you don't already have them! But yeah, everyone needs to own that series, so it'd be great to see a sale.[/QUOTE]

I've been having a ton of bills lately so things like anime have been on the back-burner for awhile.

But if the price is right ill bounce on it. i wonder if ill get the ring for ordering all 3 still. Or if its even worth it. Could be something really cheap looking :/

So far have legends of the dark king sitting in my cart. Haven't seen anything else that looks good yet.

Do the sales for each day last the entire sale while they still have stock or is it just those things for the day?

[quote name='crystalklear64']So far have legends of the dark king sitting in my cart. Haven't seen anything else that looks good yet.

Do the sales for each day last the entire sale while they still have stock or is it just those things for the day?[/QUOTE]They last the entire sale as long as they're still in stock.

How are returns/exchanges with Right Stuf? I had them add something to an existing order a couple weeks ago but got the DVD instead of the Blu-Ray. I already filled out the return form request on their site, just curious if anyone has had experience with this before.

Wow, I love World God Only Knows and that's a great price for the complete set - both seasons on blu for about the same price Amazon is selling just season 1. I added it to my wish list that my wife is using to buy my Christmas presents, so maybe she'll pick it up for me. :)

[quote name='dios']i wonder if ill get the ring for ordering all 3 still. Or if its even worth it. Could be something really cheap looking :/[/QUOTE]

The ring is actually pretty nice, and not cheap-looking at all. See?

ring3.jpg

I'd expect that they're long gone by now, however.

[quote name='Squall835']How are returns/exchanges with Right Stuf? I had them add something to an existing order a couple weeks ago but got the DVD instead of the Blu-Ray. I already filled out the return form request on their site, just curious if anyone has had experience with this before.[/QUOTE]

Was painless the only time I've had to do it.

[quote name='Squall835']How are returns/exchanges with Right Stuf? I had them add something to an existing order a couple weeks ago but got the DVD instead of the Blu-Ray. I already filled out the return form request on their site, just curious if anyone has had experience with this before.[/QUOTE]

The only issue is that they may want you to pay for the shipping if you want them to send out the correct item to you. That's the only thing I don't like about Rightstuf with exchanges, but returns are pretty easy and hassle free.

12day-03-news.jpg

On the third day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Three feudal battles.

DAY 03

^Uh...wow, what's going on, Rightstuf? What's with all of the "50% off" stuff still looking too expensive (IMO)? I could get both Sengoku Basara sets for cheaper on Amazon right now ($19.49 for the first, $29.93 for the second), and I'd get Prime shipping. Did the economy hit you hard or something? :???: I still have hope that something will appear for me within the next 10 days (you just know they're going to have a "surprise" 13th day like they do every year)... :pray:

That said, I can see maybe two (technically three) deals of note, if only in terms of savings: Both Guin Saga sets for $12.99 each (78% off) and the Licensed by Royalty Bundle for $19.99 (83% off). Anyone have thoughts on those?

Just in case anyone hasn't seen Kino's Journey, you really should. $14 is a damn good price for it. It's like Calvino's Invisible Cities... but more enjoyable.

Eh, made an order barely over the $49 free shipping limit. Only because I kinda wanted Innocent Venus before it ran out, and got Eva 2.22 and Mardock Scramble just because I've been meaning to get them. And that supposedly crappy Lodoss spinoff for filler.

The only way I'd make another order is if something absolutely must get comes out, but I doubt it. That Kurozuka dub only DVD-R is looking more interesting than a lot of this sale...

I didn't see Rightstuf's 12 day sale last year, so I'm curious if the 50% Funimation stuff was the same last year? The way everyone hyped this up I thought Funimation would be the ones with the big sales, a little disappointed that some of the stuff I wanted is regularly the same or cheaper price on Amazon.

bread's done
Back