Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='starkillr']Shana season 1 on blu is $24.5 at Amazon, so paying almost $80 for season 2 seems crazy. I'm waiting for a full bundle from Funi with Seasons 1-3 on blu in the ~$40 range. Perhaps by Xmas next year.
[/QUOTE]
Season 1 is an old-ass release, so it stands to reason it is so cheap now. It's on it's like third release, so it only got the Blu-ray treatment because there was basically no effort for Funi to put it out.
Season 2 and up have a new dub and are considered a new releases, so the price will be similar to all brand new releases.

I am always hesitant to buy complete manga/graphic novels without first starting the series. I am pretty sure I will like to terra, but I think I will wait and see if anything else comes up to bundle together.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Season 1 is an old-ass release, so it stands to reason it is so cheap now. It's on it's like third release, so it only got the Blu-ray treatment because there was basically no effort for Funi to put it out.
Season 2 and up have a new dub and are considered a new releases, so the price will be similar to all brand new releases.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Funimation redub Season 1? I'd hardly call that a no effort release.

Only Rozen Maiden for me so far.

Most of the things I'd want are Aniplex so I have no real hope. Just dropping the Madoka Blu-Rays to $25 each would get me to buy them, but I refuse to pay $40 a piece for them. It's absurd.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Didn't Funimation redub Season 1? I'd hardly call that a no effort release.[/QUOTE]
No, where did you get that idea? They did a recast starting in season 2.

Well I wanted Death Note and I got Death Note. Unfortunately, it was the manga and not the DVD's. I have nothing against the manga but for some reason I'm hesitant to buy the Viz Big editions. I hope they add Volume 13 How to Read next though.

Thanks for the recommendations on Excel Saga. I'll check it out.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I Want ROD the TV a lot but can't and won't drop a 100 on it.[/QUOTE]

I paid $20 per disc for the initial DVD release, and I don't regret it one bit. Absolutely love the show.

12day-05-news-00ijym.jpg

On the fifth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...FIVE TRICKED-OUT RIDES!

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

DAY 05

[quote name='elessar123']Brilliant Legacy is sold out, but a special?[/QUOTE]

Because Ya Entertainment is folding up, so Rightstuf is trying to get all of their releases out the door, and this is the perfect time to do so. They probably didn't have many on hand, and I'm sure a good number of people are trying to pick up what they can before all the titles go OOP.

Man...there's still so many things I want to get, but I'm on the borderline of pulling the trigger. Already dropped a few hundred on the sales thus far at Rightstuf, and if I convince myself somehow to pull the trigger on what I have in the cart right now, that's going to be another couple hundred off to the races. This is not looking good for my chances of making it out of the year under $8k spent on anime in total. ~_~

4 You can and should find ways to market with integrity and authenticity45
Not only are they not accountable (Reason Number One above), but no one they work with has the same new skills and knowledge that they do Watch your personal and business relationships soar Do you use it? 5
Protect your Windows servers, including SQL Server and Exchange Server, to tape, REV drive, hard drive, NAS and more, at a fraction of the cost of other backup software In these instances, the company is wasting time and money and confusing the majority of the employeesIn the end, this day of mirth and joy at the vet devoured my bank account A happy life is the product of living a great present

Domenik Hixon Women's Jersey
Domenik Hixon Youth Jersey
Jason Pierre-Paul Authentic Jersey

" (Revelations 6:5-6) 3 quarts of barley are also considered just enough food to get by onIf shampoo gets in his eyes, rinse with cool water or saline eyewashFor a new business, short-term is three months or less, medium-term from four or six to eight months, and long-term is anything over that
We succeed with the help of othersDeena Caruso, author, teacher, & distributor of natural pet products Helps pet owners create healthy, happy pets Belief--I fit in with the crowd better when I remain in my present financial state The basic premise with this syndrome is that We'll give it to everyone - to be fair - maybe everyone doesn't need this information or lack the skills, but at least we will make sure we don't leave anyone out
) Organize all of your files and foldersFinding the bicycling top that could be perfect for you might entail a bit of study and perhaps a whole lot of sizing sessions, but in the final outcome, a person will definitely not regret paying out the cash It's good to feel good! 5) HEALING IN GOD'S WORD Meditate on scriptures that enhance your trust in God We know that once the 7 year Tribulation starts, that it will run for a full 7 years

Eli Manning Women's Jersey
Victor Cruz Women's Jersey
New York Giants Jersey

I find it funny that the same four Clannad sets for which I paid $5.99 last year are $4 more expensive this year. Even so, if you don't own the entire series yet (Clannad and After Story), you have no excuse now. Also, if you don't own it, BUY REDLINE. If you're a fan of frenetic action and open to the idea of an F-Zero-esque anime movie, you will absolutely, definitely not be disappointed.

Now, question time: Anyone have thoughts on Golgo 13's quality and whether the $64.99 bundle is a good value?

[quote name='Vigilante']Now, question time: Anyone have thoughts on Golgo 13's quality and whether the $64.99 bundle is a good value?[/QUOTE]

I don't recall if it was you or another individual here asking about sexual content with Korean dramas, but here goes: Golgo 13 has quite a bit of nudity and sex. It can be pretty slow, but it's usually pretty interesting.

[quote name='thelonepig']I don't recall if it was you or another individual here asking about sexual content with Korean dramas, but here goes: Golgo 13 has quite a bit of nudity and sex. It can be pretty slow, but it's usually pretty interesting.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that was me; thanks for answering. Talk about opposites, huh? :whistle2:#

[quote name='Squarehard']Man...there's still so many things I want to get, but I'm on the borderline of pulling the trigger. Already dropped a few hundred on the sales thus far at Rightstuf, and if I convince myself somehow to pull the trigger on what I have in the cart right now, that's going to be another couple hundred off to the races. This is not looking good for my chances of making it out of the year under $8k spent on anime in total. ~_~[/QUOTE]

@_@ Here I thought dropping $100-$200 when these sales come up was bad

Amazing deal on the Clannad Blu-rays. I paid $53 for After Story, figuring it would never drop in price anytime soon. I feel a tinge of buyer's remorse but stop and remind myself that I was at one point willing to pay $400 for the Japanese set.

If I hadn't purchased the Clannad DVD sets during this sale last year I would purchase the blu rays without hesitation. Unless you don't have a blu ray player, I wouldn't worry about the extra $12/set for the series. Alternatively, keep an eye out for restocks over the next couple of days, because if I remember correctly, the same thing happened last year (one set sold out early) and they got a few more of them in later on.

$20 for all of Rozen Maiden and the Ouverture DVD (it's included in the complete collection, just to make sure nobody buys both) is a pretty good deal. I laugh when I think about how my Rozen Maiden collection is spread out across three different companies. I have the first four DVDs from Geneon, the last two DVDs from Funimation, and Ouverture from Sentai Filmworks :D

Nothing for me to add today except for maybe Redline. I needed a day like today, but am a little bit disappointed that it came on a Friday.

[quote name='Squarehard']Man...there's still so many things I want to get, but I'm on the borderline of pulling the trigger. Already dropped a few hundred on the sales thus far at Rightstuf, and if I convince myself somehow to pull the trigger on what I have in the cart right now, that's going to be another couple hundred off to the races. This is not looking good for my chances of making it out of the year under $8k spent on anime in total. ~_~[/QUOTE]

Pix, now.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Pix, now.[/QUOTE]

Pix on what, most of it hasn't even arrived yet, lol.

But if you're referring to all my pick ups you should just browse through all the pick ups threads this year and there they will all be. ;D

And if you're referring to all my anime the collection thread will do.

[quote name='Squarehard']Pix on what, most of it hasn't even arrived yet, lol.

But if you're referring to all my pick ups you should just browse through all the pick ups threads this year and there they will all be. ;D[/QUOTE]

The full collection. I don't care what you dragged out of a box on week three of the fourth month in 2011.

It's beautiful. ;_;

I may join y'all one of these days, but I'm currently in the middle of alphabetizing everything, and oh god there's no space. Maybe if I got rid of the compu-- no, I need that. Life is difficult. :/

One title I'm contemplating on is Lost Universe. If I'm a Slayers fan, would I enjoy that too? I've always thought of it as a "Slayers in Space" sort of show, but haven't checked it out yet.

It's pretty much just that, so if you liked Slayers you'll like Lost Universe, but of course it can go both ways since it's strikingly similar, so a small chance you mind find it dull, but all depends on you.

Lost Universe is garbage, even by the low standards set by Slayers. Bleh.

Side note: I actually enjoy most of Slayers, despite recognizing that it just isn't very good.

So in regards to the "buy early & often...some may sell out" disclaimer on the sale page, how often does this happen?

Reason I ask is because I usually buy everything together when the sale is about to end & have never had to worry about sale ending on the items I want but I remember one sale where some of the Viz titles ended up going back to regular price days before it ended.

Honestly i just care for No. 6 so I guess what are the chances that one will sale out or change in pricing? : S

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']So in regards to the "buy early & often...some may sell out" disclaimer on the sale page, how often does this happen?

Reason I ask is because I usually buy everything together when the sale is about to end & have never had to worry about sale ending on the items I want but I remember one sale where some of the Viz titles ended up going back to regular price days before it ended.

Honestly i just care for No. 6 so I guess what are the chances that one will sale out or change in pricing? : S[/QUOTE]

Usually if there is a Quantity counter on the page that means it's probably time to jump on the deal.

Otherwise you're pretty much safe.

[quote name='Squarehard']Usually if there is a Quantity counter on the page that means it's probably time to jump on the deal.

Otherwise you're pretty much safe.[/QUOTE]

Cool then. I'll keep an eye out then. Thx!

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']Cool then. I'll keep an eye out then. Thx![/QUOTE]
Yeah with each new day of the sale I go through all of the items I have saved in my cart and check for quantity counters.

[quote name='Frahps']One title I'm contemplating on is Lost Universe. If I'm a Slayers fan, would I enjoy that too? I've always thought of it as a "Slayers in Space" sort of show, but haven't checked it out yet.[/QUOTE]

Lost Universe is OK, but watch it subbed. The dub is probably one of the worst ADV has ever done.

[quote name='DNukem170']Lost Universe is OK, but watch it subbed. The dub is probably one of the worst ADV has ever done.[/QUOTE]
You mean Nozomi (aka licensed by Right Stuf themselves). ADV had nothing to do with Lost Universe.

[quote name='DNukem170']Lost Universe is OK, but watch it subbed. The dub is probably one of the worst ADV has ever done.[/QUOTE]

Close, Blue Seed 9 is probably their worst dub, Lost universe is actually half watchable by comparison.

[quote name='bardockkun']Ooo, Redline on blu for $10. I Don't expect much story, but I know I'll watch something really purdy.[/QUOTE]

Thats about right.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Lost Universe is garbage, even by the low standards set by Slayers. Bleh.

Side note: I actually enjoy most of Slayers, despite recognizing that it just isn't very good.[/QUOTE]

I bought that huge box set last time I saw it on sale and used it pretty much as background noise for a month until it finally started to grow on me.

[quote name='killa5k7']How is Kaze no Stigma?[/QUOTE]It is OK, but it suffers from the main trio (the two on the front cover and the guy's little brother) doing literally everything with nobody else helping them fighting (Imagine Naruto Shippuden if no other ninjas other than Team 7 did anything or Bleach where the Soul Society didn't fight) and ends with the larger plot threads unresolved.

12day-06-news-lkb87j.jpg

On the sixth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Six awkward blushes.

DAY 06

Does anyone have thoughts/opinions on Tears To Tiara and X? I tried the first two episodes of TTT and thought it felt so-so, but does it get better? $14 for the whole 26-episode series sounds like a potentially good deal.

Tears To Tiara picks up a bit if you give it a few more episodes, and it's pretty cheap if you do the two collections on DVD as you've mentioned, so I'd say go for it.

[quote name='Squarehard']Tears To Tiara picks up a bit if you give it a few more episodes, and it's pretty cheap if you do the two collections on DVD as you've mentioned, so I'd say go for it.[/QUOTE]Thanks, they're both soundly in my ever-growing "cart" (i.e., saved items). :)

I decided to pass on X.

bread's done
Back